Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Tiberius already mentioned this in an affected thread, but since this has came up a few times in the past as well I figured I'd make an announcement specifically on the topic:

As a rule of thumb, having multiple forum accounts is not allowed, and creating multiple forum accounts for argumentative purposes or to skew polls is most definitely not allowed. For the record, we can tell when the same person has signed up with multiple forum accounts!

Everyone's free to discuss game-related topics, but please do so on equal grounds and with mutual respect.

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario | Divindi
Platform
iOS, PC
Hey Ivar! May I assume that this wouldn’t affect a reasonable condition of two members of the same household each having their own account? My wife doesn’t post here, but if she ever did I would imagine it would have the appearance of originating from the same location.

Then again, my wife and I never, ever argue so that shouldn’t be an issue here either!:ROFLMAO:

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Ivar gonna wash yo Sock-Puppets and hang em out to dry.
Bye-bye, Sock-Puppets. :p

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Maybe make a sticky?

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
I tend to sometimes wait with making a post a sticky until a day or so after its creation since many tend to ignore the entire "stickied" section. Will definitely sticky it at some point soon though :)
There’s a sticky section? ;) 😝

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Hahax1

Tirn

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Pat & Tirn
Platform
Android, PC
Once upon a time I played similar games. Now I tried it. I really liked . What a beginner's advice
Do theMain Quests and kill Bounties. You can get a Crafting Quest and a Gathering Quest in Summer's Hollow that give great rewards. Also, learn Gnogmentation from an NPC in Summer's Hollow.

The Courier

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Oh shoot I may made a another account through this and through game on acciden.

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
I had considered this at one point in time and thought to myself how much simpler it would be to have people use their actual emails on game to address the forums. Idk, but it seemed like an easier way to verify ones validity and all, of course there will be those that need to use alternate accounts for whatever reason, still, just feels like a better way of doing it to me. Malicious intent would most certainly take care of itself afterwards.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I had considered this at one point in time and thought to myself how much simpler it would be to have people use their actual emails on game to address the forums. Idk, but it seemed like an easier way to verify ones validity and all, of course there will be those that need to use alternate accounts for whatever reason, still, just feels like a better way of doing it to me. Malicious intent would most certainly take care of itself afterwards.
This is how the old forums used to work, but there are a few issues with this:
  • Some people don't use email to access the game (e.g. quick play accounts on mobile), and wouldn't be able to log into the forums.
  • Some people haven't tried the game yet and might want to spend some time in the forums before committing to a large download.
  • Currently the game doesn't support an easy way to change your email, so if you wanted to change forum login credentials that wouldn't be as easy.
  • From a security standpoint, using the same credentials (in particular passwords) for multiple places is poor practice. This way one can use different credentials which is safer in the event of a breach (not just V&H but say, your email provider).
  • Using game credentials to access the forums would require custom code, which 1) would take time to implement and 2) might be prone to issues. The system used on the old forums caused issues now and then for this reason.

There's definitely some convenient aspects of being able to log in with your game account, but I think in this case the disadvantages are greater.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
To make things simple use a password manager, then you just need to remember one password,
I use LastPass (they have a free option), been with them for years.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
From a security standpoint, using the same credentials (in particular passwords) for multiple places is poor practice. This way one can use different credentials which is safer in the event of a breach (not just V&H but say, your email provider).
Like, nobody does that :p everyone knows, nobody executes

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
As Caraldor pointed out, this is actually pretty easy to do with a password manager. I use LastPass as well and I only know the single master password - all the others are randomly generated, things like 3W#97v6psg6sxb, and unique for all sites and services I use. Really convenient and way more secure than reusing a single or handful of passwords :)

Reactions: Seawolf
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
As Caraldor pointed out, this is actually pretty easy to do with a password manager. I use LastPass as well and I only know the single master password - all the others are randomly generated, things like 3W#97v6psg6sxb, and unique for all sites and services I use. Really convenient and way more secure than reusing a single or handful of passwords :)
I would never get back in if I had that password. 3W#97v65f... uh, 3W#97v6pts, nope uhhhh.... 3W#97shoootwhatwasitagain

Reactions: Catori
  • Hahax1

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
That's the point, you use the password manager to automatically fill it in for you - so you never have to know these passwords at all :)