Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
livestream_banner.png

Hi, all,

We're doing another livestream today! (And will continue to do them every day the servers are down.) Please come hang out with us, and ask whatever you'd like, and we'll see if we can't show you all a few more little tidbits about the upcoming expansion. :)

The livestream will be on our VH Twitch Channel at:
  • 2pm PST
  • 5pm EST
  • 22:00 GMT
  • 23:00 CET
  • 20:00 BRST

Nadiria

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS
MONDAY FEB 18 2 pm pst LIVESTREAM NOTES:
Cameron was on camera
Damon, Sarah & Ivar were in chat
  • Livestream was from Cameron’s office today!
  • We were able to admire the poster art on his walls, and his trash can :)
  • No real update unfortunately. Things *are* progressing, and moving forward, but no real news/update to report today. Otters are bummed that the game is down just like the community
  • Today is just a laid back, hang out livestream
  • Maybe some spoilers!
  • Otters have been talking a lot about livestreams - to intro new stuff, but also just in general. Would everyone be interested in regular livestreams? Maybe even (for example) Diet is in-game and live-streaming at the same time?
  • Most of today’s livestream is about questions gathered in the forum
Forum Question: Much discussion about Otters as a mount, toy, or pet. Interesting, but it will take time to see if it’s even feasible - discussion of 3d gaming art, re: skinning, wire frame/mesh and animating. Kind of a major undertaking to create a mount from scratch.

Forum Question: 3rd shared vault - lots of interest in it, now and in the past, so it can go on the list to be discussed

Forum Question: Will the zog purple set reward ever return to crowns? Not in the foreseeable future because of bots. Its important that players can earn crowns in-game, and the Otters are continuing to try to address that

Forum Question: Diet’s fave thing in the game: the vibrancy and artwork style used in-game, and the serene vibe. Diet loves the community, and Fan Fridays are also cool and it’s great to see everyones creativity. It’s also been great to see how genuinely nice everyone has been, and the goodwill and patience shown to the Otters during this time.

Forum Question: Pets & Mounts offering XP in-game: it’s tricky to make sure that gameplay doesn’t override cosmetics and vice versa. Don’t want someone to have to (for example) pick between a pet they really want for cosmetics, and a pet they really need for gameplay. (Also applies to mounts)

Forum Question: 2 specializations per toon? Lots of people want this. At the heart of it, one per toon helps you work with other players to accomplish things. No plans to change this at the time.

Discussion about how Sarah actually decorated the offices at first just by printing in-game pictures and hanging on the walls.

Forum Question: Lots of comments about flying - flying is hard because the game isn’t built for flying, and all the zones would have to be refurbished to allow for it. It’s possible there might be zones in the future that could be built specifically for it, but for now, it won’t happen. For now, we have the broom, and the dragon (which don’t really fly, but look like they do). More dragons on the way!

Forum Question: If you could rollback and change anything what would it be? The medallion system when Traven first launched but when Pyrrus came out it didn’t work as well, and so it’s kind just these two areas where there is this weird system. When they can go back through and rework quests for Traven and possibly begin to eliminate them until then we are stuck with them. Further discussion re: medallion extract tool, and bounty badge, but the general feeling is that medallions aren’t that great. If possible, should’ve added keys + a key bag…

Chat Question: Why was the game changed from V&H to A Mystical Land and then back to V&H? Otters felt like “A Mystical Land” sounded more like a storybook/fantasy type game, and Villagers and Heroes addresses more of what the gameplay is all about

Forum Question: What would you say is the biggest improvement to the game? Hard to say… Sarah says “instancing” (re: interactions with NPCs) Diet says Starfall and it’s gear tech was huge, and helps set up the game well for future expansions

Forum Question: Which build do you regret trying the most? The initial part 1 of Pyrrus was very challenging, it was a lot of work, and when it went to Test everyone said it looked the same and was depressing. There used to be a bug in the system where you would be working on a zone and it wouldn’t save. One time Diet was working on Sapphira’s Lament, saved every 5 minutes and… it was gone.

Chat Question: Value of Golden Sheep? You can make 700 to 800 gold per batch of Golden Sheep, and if you give them everything they want, you could possibly level them all up within a month even logging in once per day

Chat question: I noticed that there is no difference in threat generation between thunderbird strike and charge and the fury feats for warriors. Was this an intended thing? Yes. Threat works by Each point of damage = one point of threat, however lightning warriors makes it so that every threat they generate is multipled which makes it so that thunderbird strike is always increased threat because of Stormpower.

Forum Question: What are you addicted to? Used to be coffee, but no longer, now it’s only tea mostly. Being a homebody mostly - love having a quiet night at home with my family.

PREVIEWS!
  • Previews! The new face that previewed the other day is just the beginning of improvements to both male and female characters cosmetically, and so there is a large focus on the ability to make your character more attractive. Look for more previews of this in the near future. (Side note: new underwear for both males and females and the appearance of male back door incontinence has been “fixed”…)
  • Talent points changing: There will be new talents, more points and more class changes coming. More info on this will be in future livestreams
Chat question: Will there be more Rebirths? Maybe, but one of the reasons to expand the talents was because of the number of rebirths

Chat question: Lots of people want house interiors. If Otters do it, they want to do it right. One of the things is that house interiors are personal. It separates everyone, and we want everyone to be social in this game. What if others could go in to your house? Many challenges to be overcome with house interiors.

Chat question: Most classes right now are competing fairly well, with the exception of Shadow Priest - solo running or dungeon running they aren’t quite as strong.

Chat question: Threat is a game mechanic (explanation of how/why)

Chat question: What happened to Scruffles? Scruffles quest was removed from the Royal Grove, and his quest was removed during the rework for Black Thrush

Thanks again to the community for being so awesome during all of this! One of us will be back here every day at 2pm pst until we are live again!

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Nadiria you deserve a Royal Guardianship for all the hard work you have been doing these last few days

Reactions: Zazie and Raevil
  • Likex2

Nadiria

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS
Nadiria you deserve a Royal Guardianship for all the hard work you have been doing these last few days
You are too kind! LOL I'm just trying to help any way I can! I love this game so much, and we are so blessed to have the Otters at the helm! If taking notes is helping even one other player, then I'm glad to do it, every time! :)

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
You are too kind! LOL I'm just trying to help any way I can! I love this game so much, and we are so blessed to have the Otters at the helm! If taking notes is helping even one other player, then I'm glad to do it, every time! :)
elps me cause i always miss te streams and i ate watcin tem on arcive

Zazie please translate for me tanks

Reactions: Nadiria
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
elps me cause i always miss te streams and i ate watcin tem on arcive

Zazie please translate for me tanks
No problem! LOL (Fauna G unfortunately has keyboard issues (it takes awhile for it to "warm up"), so there are often random letters missing from her chat. And since I'm her "Brain Twin", as in we "share" a brain and can easily read each others' minds and finish each others' sentences....)

What FG was trying to say is "Helps me cause I always miss the streams and I (not sure what the verb there is supposed to be -- definitely NOT "ain't" cause that word is NOT in her vocab! "hate", maybe?) watching them on archive." :p

Reactions: Panthera and Nadiria
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
except for the people using translaters who might have a problem with it because the translators will crash on that sentence, I think most everybody can understand faunas sentence well enough