Inasani

Citizen
Last edited
It seems to me that many bugs and problems are simply shot down here and the players are not taken seriously. The last prominent example of this was the green feats bug, where we were told that the problem can't be with the game itself or the servers and that it was with the players and their internet connections (https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/server-connection-timeout.7917/#post-85622).

"Short" time later it was fixed (https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/servers-down-tuesday-december-20th-for-small-patch.8034/). Funny, if it was not at all the game or the servers and it was completely talked down at the beginning, until more and more players had criticized it.

And that's exactly what happens here again and again from a mod, so that I can't escape a certain impression: It seems like instructed to first dismiss all guilt and claim that everything is right and there is no error. And this with an emphasis that here is now for the fourth time something is explained that misses the topic and is allegedly proven with sources that have a similar topic (aegis), but do not grasp the core problem - namely that something new aegis triggers, which can not be provided for.

The new aegis problem destroys a complete game mechanic, namely slowing down mobs. This is simply completely ignored by you and does not go into it at all. You just pray down over and over again what aegis is and why it exists. No one disputes what you say. Unfortunately, it does not fit the present case, even if you highlight excerpts so boldly. You simply ignore what others say and simply remain stubborn without responding to counter-arguments. Normally, you don't even need to argue with such people, but then exactly what might be intended occurs: that players just accept it and don't participate in any further discussions or even say 'Hey, I have this problem too', because you claim with a dominance and a title that the problem does not exist.

At least Majenta (also a mod and so fortunately, weakens my generalized statement made above) has understood the core problem. Yes, the pathfinding of the mobs is broken. The mob sees the player, the mob wants to attack and hurt the player but the mob can't run to the player. Oh why it can't run to the player? Cause it is slowed to zero movement. Oh but why it is slowed to zero movement? Didn't the player use a normal and legal game mechanic, a normal attack from a weapon? Yes why - do i also have to explain it 4 times? - cause normally such attack slows a mob only by around 45 % but with the introduction of up to 130 % more mastery in raids (cause of dungeonlevel) this 45 % goes up to 100 % and more = zero movement for the mob = aegis = you should not use slowing attacks = a whole legal gamemechanic for players are destroyed. But for some loud defenders this is all okay and nothing is wrong, cause [randomly explain what aegis is and "prove" it with a wiki-link] ...

And lol, i was waiting for the "Did you bugreported it?" but became something better: an explanation how i have to bugreport. Since you explicitly chose me as an example, you publicly imply that I am too stupid to write a proper bug report without probably even having read one of my bug reports. Others might say: There is no need to be mean or nasty. But i don't care.

Edit:
Oh, you edited your post referred to in the last paragraph without disclosing the change. What do you think people will think now who read all this later? Is it your intention that people might think i'm crazy now because: 'What? How? There is a clear separation'. Yes now after the secret edit. Others might say: pretty sneaky, nasty and mean. But i just believe in the good in you and that you want to show that you've seen and admit your mistake, even if you didn't apologize for it.

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
Android, PC
The solution is the player must move. It is that simple.
When this happens I don't move and 100% of the time the mob goes out of aegis and comes to me... eventually. The same place I stand every time I do the raid, but which doesn't cause the same problem every time. It is not a problem with player behavior, it's a legitimate bug.

The theorizing about it having to do with slow is interesting because now that I think of it it does happen more on my hunter. Maybe only on my hunter.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
Ive had mobs go aegis on my holy frequently and I only have 1 stun. I am ranged, but I usually just stand right next to the mob and attack, pretty sure it can reach me when I’m touching it. I just took it as yet another bug that will be addressed in a year

Reactions: KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
Ive had mobs go aegis on my holy frequently and I only have 1 stun. I am ranged, but I usually just stand right next to the mob and attack, pretty sure it can reach me when I’m touching it. I just took it as yet another bug that will be addressed in a year
Yes, I've had that happen as well as another poster mentioned if they are too close they can also go into aegis.

For everyone who is experiencing any "issue you think is a bug"...
Sometimes it takes many bug reports for the bug to be found and a lot of time as well. Sometimes in explaining in as great a detail as possible, it "clicks" in the mind of the devs as to where to look. From what I understand, finding an elusive bug in the code is as hard as finding a needle in the proverbial haystack, BUT they keep looking. If a person who finds what they think is a bug and they do not report it close to the time as they found it, sometimes it eludes them. That's why you'll sometimes see them ask for help.

What was originally explained by the OP and how it was explained by subsequent posters did seem to me to be the typical reaction of the aegis mechanism. However, when one poster got angry and went into greater detail in response to my posts, it was that "expanded detail" that explained better what is happening. And that "greater detail" is what is helpful to the devs when they try to track down an issue.

I always tell people, "If you think it's a bug, report it".

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
The theorizing about it having to do with slow is interesting because now that I think of it it does happen more on my hunter. Maybe only on my hunter.
That information might be really important in a bug report.

Inasani

Citizen
Last edited
I was testing again the new aegis problem on my nature hunter (light cross/hybrid build) and especially with the following 2 skills/abilities:

1. First natures talent "Virulent Quiver" ultimate: "Paralyzing Toxins" = 'nature shots that deal damage slow your target move speed by 45 % for 5 sec'
-> This ultimate is affected by your mastery and as debuff on a mob you can see: 'movement speed slowed by (e.q.) 45 % (+ 65 %)'

2. "Slowing Shot" = 'causes your target to move 45 % slower for 10 sec'
-> Slowing shot is affected by your mastery and as debuff on a mob you can see: 'movement speed reduced by (e.q.) 45 % (+ 65 %)'

If you use only one of this skills you have a high chance, that nothing happens and the mob is only slowed and moves at least a little bit, even if it is slowed over 100 %. In this point I have to revise my statement that it is sufficient to use only one skill that slows down over 100%. But sometimes that alone is enough, but rather rare.

But the danger comes with a combination of using such skills. If you start with a slowing shot and then fires your nature shots that triggers paralyzing toxins the chance, that the mob goes aegis is very high. And the normal gameplay of players is to fire every skill as crazy, sometimes of course with a good rotation. And especially if you have a high expertise you can put mobs easily in a slow lock, which becomes a kind of stun lock (zero movement for the mob). This 'combination' can also reached if another player is using a additional slowing ability in team fights, but mostly we dont see aegis here, cause a prerequisite is that the mob moves and in event zones and in team raids we mostly have a tank already close to the mob and the slowed mob can hit the player with the aggro.

There are also other slowing abilities or skills a hunter can use for a slowing build, like the survival talent "Snaring Expertise" (enemies that damage you move 75 % slower for 5 sec) or "Motherly Embrace" from the primal flute relict (slows the target for x % [depending on the quality of the relict, 40 % at epic]), but i only tested and played before the new aegis problem came up with slowing shot and paralyzing toxins. "Snaring Expertise" and "Mother Embrace" are btw not affected by the mastery of the player. So here idk if this abilities can also trigger aegis in combination with other slowing skills.

My idea, that i also already wrote in a bug report, is, that mobs get a kind of cap, how far a player can slow them. Like: the maximum a monster can be slowed is 90 %. So the mob could always move. Imho an easy solution, but yeah of course i dont know how easy it is to implement.

Until then, my tip to (nature) hunters who are plagued by the new aegis problem is: Remove a point from the first nature talent "Virulent Quiver" so that you can no longer trigger the ultimate "Paralyzing Toxins" with your natural shots. Helps me a lot (but yeah, of course you cant play a slowing build anymore).