Ganda Priest

Citizen
Characters
Swedbrother, Warbrother+3more
Platform
iOS
This great game has so many possibilities that a new player won’t know where to start, someone like me as an example. So I suggest you create a Memo Pad where each character can add notes and put an alarm on a certain time so he will be reminded not to forget his this and that.

I am sure that players that read this and are well settled in the game, can come up with ideas about this issue.

As it is now I have all these papers laying around, kind of makes me a bit frustrated. I’m sure you guys can make something great out of this.

Reactions: Anthem, Caly and Myst
  • Likex3

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Welcome to the game Ganda. :)

Someone is going to come along and point out that it would be a waste of dev time to design something you could do on your own, totally ignoring the fact that you clearly stated you are already doing that and are asking for a more efficient, user-friendly means to do that from in-game. Perhaps now they will refrain from making that post, but I'm not putting any bets on it. Those that don't bother to read the OP beyond the title are just as likely to skim over responses to the OP as well, but hey, it was worth a shot. ;)

I'm actually a little intrigued by the concept, mainly because I've never seen anything like that in any of the many games I have played. I'm sure I would have recalled it because I would have made use of it on some of the more complex games I've played, and V&H gets a little more complex with each passing year. How to implement it without sucking up too much of that precious dev time would be the key to seeing something like that done.

If I was tasked to come up with a way to do that, I would make it a forum feature. It would be easier to apply there and many players already run the game with something like the forum, discord, the wiki, or some other source of info running in the background. It would be a tool you could make use of, in real-time, without any need to worry with programming it into the game. The downside of that is it's easy for a pc user like myself to run multiple applications at the same time, but I'm clueless on whether or not that would work for mobile users. I'm not very tech-savvy and my mobile phone is the dumbest and least capable I could find. I simply refuse to own "smart" devices for fear they may be smarter than myself. Laugh if you wish, but you guys will wish there had been more like me around when the AI machines rise up and take over the world.

Ganda Priest

Citizen
Characters
Swedbrother, Warbrother+3more
Platform
iOS
Thanks for your replies :) Think I seen something like my idea but can’t remember where but it was in a game. On the other hand I only played online games since 1995 so what do I know... :))

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
I love your idea, Ganda!

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
This simplest way to do this would be to allow players to "archive" mail. (Or rather, to my totally untechy mind that seems the simplest way.)

I just checked, and it is already possible to send yourself mail, so you could send notes to yourself as reminders etc. The only problem as things stand, is those notes last a max of 14 days (I think) before being deleted, so it wouldn't work as a permanent memo pad, hence my suggestion of being able to save or archive the messages you sent to yourself.

For short term messages, mail does provide a means to send yourself reminders.

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Fabulous idea. A little notepad dropdown would be so helpful to keep track of what u need to gather lol. My desk is a jumbled up mess of vh needs something directly in game would be hugely helpful!

Reactions: Zazie and Myst
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Grepolis has this Lagla. It is nothing more than a simple textfield you can open in the top corner, but it goes a long way and I never got it full, but it is easy to go back to and put reminders in

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
My desk is a jumbled up mess of vh needs something directly in game would be hugely helpful!
You too? :p I reuse the backs of envelopes for all of those little V&H reminders: Everything from a list of which village project is taking which type of mat, to the list of which reinforcement runes I'm trying to roll on a piece of gear I'm crafting, to how many tears of Vessesia you get for completing various tasks, to which toon needs to work on which skill or upgrade which piece of gear!

If it's something I need to have as a permanent reminder, I use Google docs (which I keep open in a tab of my web browser.) If it's a short-term reminder, it goes onto the back of an envelope. It gets messy, but I blame that on the creative mind! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Caly
  • Wowx1

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Platform
PC
You too? :p I reuse the backs of envelopes for all of those little V&H reminders: Everything from a list of which village project is taking which type of mat, to the list of which reinforcement runes I'm trying to roll on a piece of gear I'm crafting, to how many tears of Vessesia you get for completing various tasks, to which toon needs to work on which skill or upgrade which piece of gear!

If it's something I need to have as a permanent reminder, I use Google docs (which I keep open in a tab of my web browser.) If it's a short-term reminder, it goes onto the back of an envelope. It gets messy, but I blame that on the creative mind! :ROFLMAO:
Exactly!!

Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
Android, PC

To have less clutter on your desk just get a nice 5"x 8" Notebook and keep all of your notes nice and organized together in one spot.
I use a nice 2" 3 ring binder for each of my gaming notebooks (except for CoH & CoV where I use two 4" & one 3" binder.)

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Platform
PC
To have less clutter on your desk just get a nice 5"x 8" Notebook and keep all of your notes nice and organized together in one spot.
I use a nice 2" 3 ring binder for each of my gaming notebooks (except for CoH & CoV where I use two 4" & one 3" binder.)
Lol that would be to easy lmao

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I use a notebook because I kept losing the scraps of papers. It's still not ideal since things get listed as I find them; it needs a sort tab on the cover. ;)

Reactions: Zazie, Littlenymph and Caly
  • Likex2
  • Hahax1