Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
Disclaimer: I know.

This has been discussed and discussed and things were tried. We need to keep trying.

I have 7 toons. 5 of them are blueberry farmers for my earth shaman mostly who literally consumes between 200-400 mana pots in a day doing heavy raiding. Lately I have been focusing on my S Priest, who is *slightly* less mana intensive.

For me to be able to maintain my playstyle... I need to harvest my gardens about 3x a day. That's 15 minutes to log into each of these 7 toons (because other two are growing plum tomatoes and oogre melons and zonas) but basically, yeah... 15 minutes to do a full gardening cycle... 3x a day. That's 45 minutes of my day planting and harvesting crops.

Surely there is a better way. One of my guildies suggested a garden gnome that will plant and harvest all crops. It could be something that we can buy from crown shop like alfred with unlimited charges or even an AS item like the robo gnome.

Of course there would have to be some equations to account for bountiful harvesting bonuses.

And I don't want to even poke the bear with the whole... chugging 10 mana pots in a row... thing. But yeah... that's a problem, too. *poke*

I was told to be careful what I wish for and I know that there have been talks and unsuccessful tests of mana pot changes...

But honestly... I have 7 toons... some people now have 10. Hundreds of people spending hundreds of minutes every day to plant and harvest blueberries to sustain their playstyle. This is not what we're here for, but here we are.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
I'd like to see more info (stats / talents / mana pots per raid) before we move to mana pot changes.

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
I'd like to see more info (stats / talents / mana pots per raid) before we move to mana pot changes.
I am not wholly asking for a mana pot change here (altho I am) I am asking for a gardening change until the mana pot change has been resolved.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
I would love to have a Farming Gnome... it could live in a small gnomish mushroom house, which would appear between my garden and ranch signs, after it was purchased... er, um HIRED from the Crown Shop. I would then be able to click on it's house and fill a series of slots, with 24-48hrs worth of seeds, water, ranch tools and animal food. The type of seeds and water used, will affect crop growth time and the type of animal food, will affect their happiness, experience and production. For the next 24-48hrs, the Gnome will tend my garden and animals.

When I come to collect the harvest, I will activate my consumable buffs: Sabethe's Secret, Sea Pie, Gobazolla, Elixir of Nurturing, Villager/Darrig potions, etc. Then I'll speak to my Gnome to collect the harvest. The amount of experience, crops and ranch items, will depend on my currently active buffs (including consumables, enchantments, realm of origin, Wellspring and Village status).

If such an item was available, I'd buy one for every character on my account. 😍😍😍

This would allow players to choose between gardening and ranching themselves or hiring a Gnome. It would still take the same amount of time for crops to grow and animals to produce, but we would save the time it takes to plant/water seeds and interact with animals. So, it would give players more options and allow them to spend their time on activities they enjoy. 👩‍🌾😍🦸‍♀️

Rattus

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Zurkus, DrPrepper
Platform
PC
A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that selling a character slot for gold, instead of using it yourself, would have fetched you enough gold to buy somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand mana potions.

(Using data from EU1:
last known trade between trusted sources — a vault for 4k — equals approx. 47 gold/crown (4000/85=47.05882...)
hence, a character slot would potentially be 100*47=4700 gold; with AH fees *0.98=4606) (or was it 0.97? wouldn't change much anyway)
mana pots are available for 35 gold/stack; 4606/35=131,6 — 131 stacks or 13 100 potions)

The numbers might be slightly different on your server but the order of magnitude should be the same.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
So you’re saying there’s a big market for low level players to earn gold selling blueberries….. or cooking mana potions….. so common newbs, earn some gold and sell to the big boys…. But alas, I don’t think many newbs will read this will they….
i usually tell newbs in world chat, but i dunno, its just a bandaid….

Reactions: Mynyari and Xantia
  • Likex2

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
I would love to have a Farming Gnome... it could live in a small gnomish mushroom house, which would appear between my garden and ranch signs, after it was purchased... er, um HIRED from the Crown Shop. I would then be able to click on it's house and fill a series of slots, with 24-48hrs worth of seeds, water, ranch tools and animal food. The type of seeds and water used, will affect crop growth time and the type of animal food, will affect their happiness, experience and production. For the next 24-48hrs, the Gnome will tend my garden and animals.

When I come to collect the harvest, I will activate my consumable buffs: Sabethe's Secret, Sea Pie, Gobazolla, Elixir of Nurturing, Villager/Darrig potions, etc. Then I'll speak to my Gnome to collect the harvest. The amount of experience, crops and ranch items, will depend on my currently active buffs (including consumables, enchantments, realm of origin, Wellspring and Village status).

If such an item was available, I'd buy one for every character on my account. 😍😍😍

This would allow players to choose between gardening and ranching themselves or hiring a Gnome. It would still take the same amount of time for crops to grow and animals to produce, but we would save the time it takes to plant/water seeds and interact with animals. So, it would give players more options and allow them to spend their time on activities they enjoy. 👩‍🌾😍🦸‍♀️
You've given this a lot of thought! Spot on! haha

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that selling a character slot for gold, instead of using it yourself, would have fetched you enough gold to buy somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand mana potions.

(Using data from EU1:
last known trade between trusted sources — a vault for 4k — equals approx. 47 gold/crown (4000/85=47.05882...)
hence, a character slot would potentially be 100*47=4700 gold; with AH fees *0.98=4606) (or was it 0.97? wouldn't change much anyway)
mana pots are available for 35 gold/stack; 4606/35=131,6 — 131 stacks or 13 100 potions)

The numbers might be slightly different on your server but the order of magnitude should be the same.
That doesn't seem... sustainable. So I buy character slots with crowns to buy blueberries? And 10-15k blueberries is not a lot for an Earth Shaman. This does not feel plausible.

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
Disclaimer: I know.

This has been discussed and discussed and things were tried. We need to keep trying.

I have 7 toons. 5 of them are blueberry farmers for my earth shaman mostly who literally consumes between 200-400 mana pots in a day doing heavy raiding. Lately I have been focusing on my S Priest, who is *slightly* less mana intensive.

For me to be able to maintain my playstyle... I need to harvest my gardens about 3x a day. That's 15 minutes to log into each of these 7 toons (because other two are growing plum tomatoes and oogre melons and zonas) but basically, yeah... 15 minutes to do a full gardening cycle... 3x a day. That's 45 minutes of my day planting and harvesting crops.

Surely there is a better way. One of my guildies suggested a garden gnome that will plant and harvest all crops. It could be something that we can buy from crown shop like alfred with unlimited charges or even an AS item like the robo gnome.

Of course there would have to be some equations to account for bountiful harvesting bonuses.

And I don't want to even poke the bear with the whole... chugging 10 mana pots in a row... thing. But yeah... that's a problem, too. *poke*

I was told to be careful what I wish for and I know that there have been talks and unsuccessful tests of mana pot changes...

But honestly... I have 7 toons... some people now have 10. Hundreds of people spending hundreds of minutes every day to plant and harvest blueberries to sustain their playstyle. This is not what we're here for, but here we are.
Devil's Advocate reply:

Needing and sinking time into other non-combat parts of the game in order to excel in combat parts of the game is good game design (imho).

With that said, some tweaks could happen in order to diversify from the current lvl 3 mana pot meta thereby giving more meaning to higher level crafted mana pots and skill selection.

There is also the idea that maybe the unlimited mana gifted to us by lvl 3 pots is actually a bad idea and should be removed (or a cooldown instituted).. at which point the perspective on the issue you presented changes...

"Oh, you mean I can have unlimited mana if I just farm a lot?"

"Hell yeah!"

-Klaeklae

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
You've given this a lot of thought! Spot on! haha
I've seen this issue mentioned several times in the forum. So, I had this idea percolating... 😉

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
So you’re saying there’s a big market for low level players to earn gold selling blueberries….. or cooking mana potions….. so common newbs, earn some gold and sell to the big boys…. But alas, I don’t think many newbs will read this will they….
i usually tell newbs in world chat, but i dunno, its just a bandaid….
Well... that's a consideration, but I am somewhat miserly and I grow my blueberries so I can use my gold to make heal pots and drams and those sorts of commodities. I run elders every night for gold.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Mynyari

Priestess
Characters
Heidrun, Mynyari
Platform
Android
Devil's Advocate reply:

Needing and sinking time into other non-combat parts of the game in order to excel in combat parts of the game is good game design (imho).

With that said, some tweaks could happen in order to diversify from the current lvl 3 mana pot meta thereby giving more meaning to higher level crafted mana pots and skill selection.

There is also the idea that maybe the unlimited mana gifted to us by lvl 3 pots is actually a bad idea and should be removed (or a cooldown instituted).. at which point the perspective on the issue you presented changes...

"Oh, you mean I can have unlimited mana if I just farm a lot?"

"Hell yeah!"

-Klaeklae
You have valid points, Klae. I respect that and maybe even agree to some extent with your first point.

But 45 minutes a day just gardening... it's silly.

Reactions: Klaeklae and Xantia
  • Likex2

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
The mana talent is there to save earth shamans who don't want to spend 45 min a day picking blueberries.
Let me just say that while there are mana issues for a number of classes, if you’re having mana problems on a shaman… it’s likely by choice. Unless one is spamming cross-attune feats or refuses/can’t take Mana Gusts, the only time you’ll need to pot is when you get gigged in raids or when maggwood goes pear-shaped.

Pretty much the same can be said for ice and non-manafire-spamming fire wizards, vis-à-vis Rift Fluctuations.

I have no clue how Shadow (even one that selectively refreshes just the det’d/expired curses, which poses a much more interesting challenge than just dot-dot-dot-det-rinse-repeat, considering how buff bars work on mobile) and dps-focused Fury manage without developing a scornyx addiction.

SilkPenny

Citizen
Platform
PC
Has anyone considered that mana regeneration needs to be increased? Or adjusted on classes where it is a problem?

Thankfully, it is much better than it used to be. Years ago, we had to take mana breaks so frequently, it was ridiculous. Think long enough to go make yourself a sandwich every few minutes. :LOL:

Reactions: Zazie, Xantia and Anthem
  • Likex2
  • Wowx1

Esmee

Wizard
Characters
Esmee Goldenflame
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Has anyone considered that mana regeneration needs to be increased? Or adjusted on classes where it is a problem?

Thankfully, it is much better than it used to be. Years ago, we had to take mana breaks so frequently, it was ridiculous. Think long enough to go make yourself a sandwich every few minutes. :LOL:
Oh yeah! Called them mana-pause...
I forgot about that, but yeah, we used to always have to wait for spirit..err, I mean mana to regen. I miss calling it spirit, it sounded more whimsical.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Oh yeah! Called them mana-pause...
I forgot about that, but yeah, we used to always have to wait for spirit..err, I mean mana to regen. I miss calling it spirit, it sounded more whimsical.
For whatever reason, I have conflated “spirit” with “flair”, and now “Office Space” is living rent-free in my head.

1652533450025.jpeg