sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Precisely.

But it is still supposed to be.

The mana system is broken. Unless or until it is fixed, all combat in the game is permanently broken as well.

And as someone who has been pushing for village improvements for literally years, I would still suggest that fixing mana is the immediate priority.

I don’t think the combat is broken cos of the mana system being broken, if the combat is broken then we all be at my nightly story time with Babbs with no one in ez, raids or running elders.

The mana pot spamming works for now and it actually helps the combat keeping on going when we are in timed situations. Honestly it works weather people like it or not (not many people oppose mana spamming), it sounds wild but not once in wc I seen a complaint.

We live to accept this, so if the solution is to take away these pots, then the new system has to replicate what’s being taking away .Weather people agree or not but elite players do help this game more then we think and now pushing them out cos of mana pot spamming is def not good. Most don’t speak out but I’m sure they would agree if you take 10% instant mana away, I hope the new pots make more sense. Mana regen is tough to regulate and give an actual value because if a median is struck it’s gonna have some classes benefit more then others. If there is a way to figure out the 10 classes we have what each one would require then that’s more suitable then a universal one pot fits all.

We are making some good progress and I see that there is a willingness to get it right first time.

Honestly, in all reality it is a game and story time with Babbs would be a fun event daily with the bardaric imp as a special guest.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
When we have 20 mana potion options and the majority of players opt to use our cheapest pots, then I think we have to admit, that our mana system is broken. 🤔

However, when all is said and done... I hope players will be left with at least 3 build choices, so they can play the way they enjoy:
  1. High DPS build, that sacrifices health/mana stats... but requires level-appropriate potions, to sustain.
  2. Moderate DPS build, that sacrifices some damage to improve health/mana... and requires fewer potions, to sustain.
  3. Conservative DPS build, that prioritizes health/mana over damage... and requires very few potions (maybe even cheaper, lower level potions), to sustain.
Because those who are willing to spend their time/resources to gather/garden/craft/buy pots, to fuel a high DPS build, should be able to do so... and those who wish to use fewer (and/or cheaper) pots, should also have those options.

Reactions: Vita
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
Android, PC
What we need is for each class to have a dedicated roll with in the game.
We have 2 TANK ( High survivability/ low DPS) classes Lighting Warrior & Earth Shaman Earth shaman.
We have 2 Healing Classes Holy Priest & Water Shaman.
Most other classes do not have a clear defined roll within the game. Some of those rolls are:
Scrapper/Brute = High melee DPS / Low Survivability = Fury Warrior
Support = Mid to low DPS / Highest probability of Status effects on Foes = Ice Wizard, Shadow Priest, Nature Hunter, Marksman Hunter
Blasters (Glass Cannons) = High Ranged DPS, low survivability = Fire Wizards
Each class need to be looked at and adjustments made to even out some of the flaws in them.
Example: Ice wizards need to have more DPS, or to have more effective and longer Status Effects. Ice should have the ability to greatly slow down Foes, Stop foes, movement and to hold or immobilize them for several seconds to allow Ice Wizards time to use their lower DPS to be more effective. This would also help them become better at endgame play.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Lovex1

BlueDevil

Great Adventurer
Characters
BlueDevil, BluDemon, FatesOrb, BluAngel, Baelfiree
Platform
Android
Hi,
What is the maximum reasonable mana consumption currently, typically? I've read the posts in this thread- some based on what you could do (but not should do)- and otherwise. It would be helpful to know when doing the hardest raids and the hardest elders, how much mana per second (on average), you typically need when doing the toughest challenges. 50? 100? 200?
Thanks, Damon

Late reply, but I tested this out on my 2 lvl 95 toons.
My Nature Hunter used the following feats:
- Viper Sting, Venom of the Serpent, Concussion Shot, True shot, woodland arrow, Poison shot, and noxious shot.
With the following stats:
Screenshot_20210331-224556_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg
After hitting an elder dummy in a village, I used all of my mana in 57 seconds. 3661/57 = roughly 64m/s.

My Earth Shaman used the following feats:
-Attune to earth, earth shard, ground slam, crag strike, tremors, rock bite, seismic shock, twister and terraform.

With the following stats:
Screenshot_20210331-223453_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg
After hitting an elder dummy in the village, I used all of my mana in 66 seconds. 3249/66 = 49m/s.

My shaman will definitely have lower mana consumption due to longer cd's, but if needed I could grab my lower lvl toons as well and test this out.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I'm being the little rain cloud. 9 years ago when I started playing each class had a well defined purpose. It seems the game is moving in a different direction. "In the beginning" warriors were tanks, priest were the MASH units. Wizards were air attack and Hunters were the snipers. A well formed party was efficient working together planning tactics and coordinating the efforts building on each class strengths and weaknesses. You could solo all of the classes but it took a lot of strategic planning and was not always the most efficient in all aspects of combat.

It seems now everyone want all the strengths/ advantages and none of the weakness for all the class which is OK if that is the direction the game is moving but it makes no distinction between classes other than appearance of the weapons and the visual effect of the weapon used.

Like I said, I see no problem with this direction but this type of play seems to replicate all the other combat games. Is this the direction we want the game to take?

Reactions: IrishElf and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I'm being the little rain cloud. 9 years ago when I started playing each class had a well defined purpose. It seems the game is moving in a different direction. "In the beginning" warriors were tanks, priest were the MASH units. Wizards were air attack and Hunters were the snipers. A well formed party was efficient working together planning tactics and coordinating the efforts building on each class strengths and weaknesses. You could solo all of the classes but it took a lot of strategic planning and was not always the most efficient in all aspects of combat.

It seems now everyone want all the strengths/ advantages and none of the weakness for all the class which is OK if that is the direction the game is moving but it makes no distinction between classes other than appearance of the weapons and the visual effect of the weapon used.

Like I said, I see no problem with this direction but this type of play seems to replicate all the other combat games. Is this the direction we want the game to take?
I'm not sure, but I think players have mentioned that rewards for 95 Elders are based on time and damage? Raid performance and Leaderboard also seem to be based on time and damage... maybe this is why the focus has shifted and class roles have been blurred, in favor of increased dps? 🤔

Oh, and welcome to the Rain Cloud Club, here's your complimentary umbrella. 😉 🌂

Status
Not open for further replies.