Eowydn

Huntress
Platform
Android
Not sure if anyone has thought of this or not. What about this: keep the current mana recipes and make the mana pots do the 10% for lower level up to say 30 then increase the percentage like how it is for the pies, but not to exceed where it makes the half mana and full mana pots extinct. In this way you can still keep the 1k over time as well but get rid of the mana shield.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Mana pots are not the real issue it how us players build are characters. Most of us want Super hi DPS and think little of Mana cost or Regain. We players need to rethink our builds and stop thinking of MAX anything and become more of a generalist which will slow down some solo runs, but will allow us to play longer between mana pots.
The existing mana pots are not the problem it us as players who are the problem. Not every 95 elder run need to be gold, we do not need to always speed run Raids, or one-shot every monster in the game.
Now Tiffa you know Tweety. She must take issue with hi DPS. She never looks at damage. She is 100% holy healer. The only reason she has holy bolt and judgement is because she wants all the gold she can get. She would never put purple on a pretty healing mace. She engages combat so seldom people laugh and say, "Tweety hit the wrong key". Her build is concentrated on mana traits. If you see her solo in a zone you can be sure she is lost.
I WANT MY MANA and I WANT IT NOW. And I want TONS of it.. and I want it to regenerate instantly..
That would increase the quality of everyone's life.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Now Tiffa you know Tweety. She must take issue with hi DPS. She never looks at damage. She is 100% holy healer. The only reason she has holy bolt and judgement is because she wants all the gold she can get. She would never put purple on a pretty healing mace. She engages combat so seldom people laugh and say, "Tweety hit the wrong key". Her build is concentrated on mana traits. If you see her solo in a zone you can be sure she is lost.
I WANT MY MANA and I WANT IT NOW. And I want TONS of it.. and I want it to regenerate instantly..
That would increase the quality of everyone's life.
Now I want to go make a Mana Essence chart, that shows how 100% of max Mana refilled over 30 seconds might scale. 🤔

And Tweety's heals have definitely improved my QoL. 😉👍

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Orrrr the devs should just push whatever pot they feel is best to test server. Ask their testers to test non mana builds and mana builds and see how it goes. At this point I feel like we are going around and around in circles. There’s been great suggestions on both sides. There’s a happy medium somewhere. Wish it wouldn’t involve extra garden time. But it is what it is.

Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
Android, PC
Unfortunately, as long as high DPS builds may be fueled by cheap Lv3 Mana pots... there's no reason for glass cannons to rethink their builds. I also think it's a mistake to say... "everyone should build and play their characters like this (insert play-style here)".

IMHO, we need to give players the options to build and play their characters, the way they enjoy... BUT... there should be a price for their choices. For example: the more Health and Mana stats a player chooses to sacrifice for DPS, the more they will depend on costly potions... which must be paid for, by time spent gathering, gardening and crafting or buying/trading with other players.
My point is to build what you want and not to expect it to be perfect for everything. You want Hi DPS the expect to use lots of pots, and if you want hi Mana Regain your doing less damage but can keep it up for longer. It's all about Trade-offs and Playstyles.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
My point is to build what you want and not to expect it to be perfect for everything. You want Hi DPS the expect to use lots of pots, and if you want hi Mana Regain your doing less damage but can keep it up for longer. It's all about Trade-offs and Playstyles.
EXACTLY! 😊🍻😊

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I agree, there should be a choice, but it has to be a meaningful choice.

One could argue there is a choice right now - the problem is the choice (as it stands) is be a hero ( by spamming mana) or a zero (by doing anything else).

Reactions: Catori and Kilgharrah
  • Likex2

Sumi

Adventurer
Characters
Sumia, Sumie, Sumii, Sumio, Sumiu, AquaSum
Platform
iOS
Orrrr the devs should just push whatever pot they feel is best to test server. Ask their testers to test non mana builds and mana builds and see how it goes. At this point I feel like we are going around and around in circles. There’s been great suggestions on both sides. There’s a happy medium somewhere. Wish it wouldn’t involve extra garden time. But it is what it is.
I agree. Many players are just repeating things already said or things heavily implied throughout everyone's posts. I see the situation now as the devs to just choose one, push it to test, and then for the testers to actually test (aka try multiple builds at multiple levels).

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Lets be rid of motes!!!
I'm not sure if we should totally get rid of motes... because I think it makes sense, that the strongest gear and potions, should require an ingredient that's difficult to obtain... BUT... I'd really like to see them become an unbound commodity, that may be sold or traded between players. Because IMHO, the ability to craft Lv95 gear and potions (which are Villager activities)... shouldn't be limited by our combat level.

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
I'm going to be "that guy".... I think I've totally lost the plot on this.

Can someone take me back to square one on this, specifically who the heck cares if some players are doing keg stands on mana pots?

Reactions: sirbabbo and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I'm going to be "that guy".... I think I've totally lost the plot on this.

Can someone take me back to square one on this, specifically who the heck cares if some players are doing keg stands on mana pots?
Anyone who cares about game balance.

If players can (and do) have infinite power through simply spamming mana pots, there is no skill in the game, there is no balance in the game, there is no challenge in the game, there is, to put it bluntly no point doing combat in the game, since everything comes down to how quickly you spam the keys.

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

Xloui

Reader
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui DeLoui
Platform
iOS, PC
How much other players eat, drink, spam or how they build their characters has never had any impact on my playing the game.
If they want to play gods, how is my game broken?
Sorry, I simply cannot follow this.
If the devs, who are gods, want to change things, ok, go ahead, it’s their game.
I play for fun, in my little bubble, and only want to do this my way, as does everyone else, I assume in my naivety.
(Frank singing in background here.)
Only thing I ask is give me opportunity to understand what is working and, hopefully, why.
Thank you
❤
PS
I have used maybe a total of 10 mana pots since I discovered the talent for mana regeneration. But then again, I’m not 95, and don’t really like the raids, so ...

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
Imagine you created a game and an entire complicated but fun system for combat, but you had a parallel mechanic in the game which allowed players to bypass 50% of your carefully crafted system.

It's like that. It's about Damon wanting to fix a part of the game that can currently be bypassed.

If players can (and do) have infinite power through simply spamming mana pots, there is no skill in the game, there is no balance in the game, there is no challenge in the game, there is, to put it bluntly no point doing combat in the game, since everything comes down to how quickly you spam the keys.
Cooldown is the limiting factor in the game currently. Claims of infinite power are reserved for players during the Halloween event or shaman who hitv100% cooldown reduction with buffs.

Mana is a little different.

-Klaeklae

• Likex1

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
I'm not sure if spamming mana pots IS the biggest problem.
For example, water/hybrid shaman can reach 95%-100% cooldown reduction using water spirit + some buffs => insane damage, insane heal, perma stuns, invulnerability etc.
I see two solutions to this problem.
1) Delete scornyxes, full mana pots, set mana regen from common mana pots to 1000/60 sec. to prevent using too much feats;
2) Fix the mechanic of water spirit.

Which approach is better?

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
I'm not sure if spamming mana pots IS the biggest problem.
For example, water/hybrid shaman can reach 95%-100% cooldown reduction using water spirit + some buffs => insane damage, insane heal, perma stuns, invulnerability etc.
I see two solutions to this problem.
1) Delete scornyxes, full mana pots, set mana regen from common mana pots to 1000/60 sec. to prevent using too much feats;
2) Fix the mechanic of water spirit.

Which approach is better?

90% of your mana system is invalidated by insta spam pots with instant mana. Fixing that is by far the most important.

Stay on target sir!

-Klaeklae

• Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
How much other players eat, drink, spam or how they build their characters has never had any impact on my playing the game.
If they want to play gods, how is my game broken?
It was the people who were "spamming" the mana pots who wanted more and better basically. The complaint was it wasn't enough.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
This is a problem, no one class should have that ability. And this is why all other classes cannot compete with the shaman!

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
This is a problem, no one class should have that ability. And this is why all other classes cannot compete with the shaman!
Last I checked, shadow priests were still considered the most op class. But maybe not after these mana changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.