Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, Sylvaena, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
  1. iOS
Hello V&H community! As I believe all of us grow tired of rerunning the same sets of bounties over and over again, I want to make a suggestion coming from how things work in another game I’ve been playing a lot of. How about, just like we have gathering nodes become plentiful over time, we get a new system where bounties become ‘evolved’ over time? Evolved bounties would be more difficult to kill (ideally not just because of higher health and damage, but also because of having actual mechanics), give more experience, and have a higher chance of dropping more/ better items.

Of course, this is kind of the idea of what zingara are. However, zings are honestly just too rare to be reliable as a leveling tool. In what I have in mind, bounties would become evolved much more frequently, so that you almost always find at least one evolved bounty on a run if you aren’t right on someone else’s coattails. If the evolved bounties also have an extra mechanic or two to deal with, this would not only help with leveling a bit faster but also make you need to think for a moment. As things stand, killing the same bounties repeatedly is absolutely mind-numbing.

Now that I’ve laid the idea out, I will say that the game I get this from is Albion Online. In Albion, there aren’t even ‘bounties’ as a thing that exist separately from random mobs in the open world (outside of dungeons). There are simply different evolved forms of mobs, and when one isn’t killed, it evolves more and more over time. You never know where the most evolved mobs in a zone are at any given time (there are different stages of evolution), so it makes rerunning the same zones a lot less boring. Also, those mobs give the same amount of experience each time you kill them… but I’m not going to ask for *too* much at once here 🙂

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Hello V&H community! As I believe all of us grow tired of rerunning the same sets of bounties over and over again, I want to make a suggestion coming from how things work in another game I’ve been playing a lot of. How about, just like we have gathering nodes become plentiful over time, we get a new system where bounties become ‘evolved’ over time? Evolved bounties would be more difficult to kill (ideally not just because of higher health and damage, but also because of having actual mechanics), give more experience, and have a higher chance of dropping more/ better items.

Of course, this is kind of the idea of what zingara are. However, zings are honestly just too rare to be reliable as a leveling tool. In what I have in mind, bounties would become evolved much more frequently, so that you almost always find at least one evolved bounty on a run if you aren’t right on someone else’s coattails. If the evolved bounties also have an extra mechanic or two to deal with, this would not only help with leveling a bit faster but also make you need to think for a moment. As things stand, killing the same bounties repeatedly is absolutely mind-numbing.

Now that I’ve laid the idea out, I will say that the game I get this from is Albion Online. In Albion, there aren’t even ‘bounties’ as a thing that exist separately from random mobs in the open world (outside of dungeons). There are simply different evolved forms of mobs, and when one isn’t killed, it evolves more and more over time. You never know where the most evolved mobs in a zone are at any given time (there are different stages of evolution), so it makes rerunning the same zones a lot less boring. Also, those mobs give the same amount of experience each time you kill them… but I’m not going to ask for *too* much at once here 🙂

Good idea! Tbh Albion has some of the coolest stuff I’ve seen in MMORPGs. But for people who want to just be able to kill bounties without thinking much, there should be some indication the minimal and map if a bounty is ‘evolvable’.