Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I feel like you look at the issue from a completely wrong few point. The fact that you have to use an unintended feature to make the game feel better, then there is something wrong with the game design itself. Why don't we just have unlimited storage with unlimited stack size that is linked across character like Shared Trunk.

You should push idea to make storage management better, not complaining about removed unintended feature.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
The fact that you have to use an unintended feature to make the game feel better, then there is something wrong with the game design itself.
not necessarily. if half the playerbase does, sure. but the game cannot be perfect in all facets to every single player. just because a few dont like something doesnt mean the game design is flawed. it's just what happens when you have to appeal to a few thousand different people with different likes and appreciations.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I feel like you look at the issue from a completely wrong few point.
I overview from all sides and points. And you overview only from one: "Bug is bad because bug is bad".

The fact that you have to use an unintended feature to make the game feel better, then there is something wrong with the game design itself.
Again you wrong I can send mails to my alts and this is the same storage as I sent to myself. No difference to the storage question and limits
Why don't we just have unlimited storage with unlimited stack size that is linked across character like Shared Trunk.
Everything is simple, Storage space is a bread for devs. That's must be to make game evolve. Sent mail to yourself it is item-management improvement and nothing more. How do you not understand a simple things: This two thing is not in the conflict

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Everything is simple, Storage space is a bread for devs. That's must be to make game evolve. Sent mail to yourself it is item-management improvement and nothing more. How do you not understand a simple things: This two thing is not in the conflict
It is/was used as an exploit. Things send by mail would be able to be held in mail for 2 weeks. Thus not requiring storage. That was not the intended way the mail was designed.

And you may not like it but hollering at people who try to help won't help either. It may not seem logical but it is the way it was explained to you.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
The main fault, that dev gave this opportunity to the players and that was a weighty part of their game life for more then year (at least for me). And then it was took away without obvious reason. Is the player think that was bug - NO! I thought that it was feature of game design. Where this thin border between feature and bug...when you think that is everything is good and on next day it became a nasty bug...

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The main fault, that dev gave this opportunity to the players and that was a weighty part of their game life for more then year (at least for me). And then it was took away without obvious reason. Is the player think that was bug - NO! I thought that it was feature of game design. Where this thin border between feature and bug...when you think that is everything is good and on next day it became a nasty bug...
It was unintentional, it was a bug that no one reported. Bugs by their nature happen in computer games.
I am sorry you are unhappy about it, but it was a bug.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
It is/was used as an exploit. Things send by mail would be able to be held in mail for 2 weeks. Thus not requiring storage.
There is a feeling, that this is your fist MMO in the life....In every MMO (at least which I know) players always uses mails as additional storage, when it possible by game design. Thats why most of the devs uses additional server for the mail for do not overload main.

That was not the intended way the mail was designed.
Really? Are you mail designer? Many things in the life uses like not be designed. Some people banging their heads on a closed door, other looks for ways to open it.
And you may not like it but hollering at people who try to help won't help either. It may not seem logical but it is the way it was explained to you.
No one hollering

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
If all your 28 bags are full it might be time to clean them out sell things, donate whatever. Or idk send stuff to your alts and have them hold it. Most people I know don’t utilize the mailing system this way. They do however send stuff to their alts wether it be for safe keeping or simply because the alt needs it.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I am sorry you are unhappy about it, but it was a bug.
Yes I am unhappy and who get benefit from this situation? Devs? Game? Other Players? No.. No one.
So we have an unhappy player for m one side and nothing from other side...So no one win and we have unhappy player. Awesome fix!

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Is the player think that was bug - NO!
YES it was a bug that we could mail ourselves. Because if it had not been a bug, then emailing with the correct capitalization would never have been a problem.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
If all your 28 bags are full it might be time to clean them out sell things, donate whatever. Or idk send stuff to your alts and have them hold it. Most people I know don’t utilize the mailing system this way. They do however send stuff to their alts wether it be for safe keeping or simply because the alt needs it.
Thank you for advice (y)! But I have 25 Vault on my other alt and additional 10 on all others. So I have around 60 vaults full of items and I need all this stuff :) Thats my fun in the game to have my pixels that even not belong to me...

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
YES it was a bug that we could mail ourselves. Because if it had not been a bug, then emailing with the correct capitalization would never have been a problem.
I never used big letters when sending stuff. I even use Ctrl+C Ctrl +V to save time when typing the same titles. Autocorrect is help to send to the alts but when you sending to yourself autocorrect isn't help with capitalization so was no any reason to get this feature as obvious bug

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I never used big letters when sending stuff. I even use Ctrl+C Ctrl +V to save time when typing the same titles. Autocorrect is help to send to the alts but when you sending to yourself autocorrect isn't help with capitalization.
I am not saying that you used capitalization, I am saying that the long-time existing inability to mail yourself when using the correct capitalisation shows that it was never intended by the devs that we were able to email ourselves. it doesnt matter you can in most other MMO's, because this is not those MMO's. We dont get to decide for the devs what is a feature and what is not. If they said it was not supposed to be that way and fix it, deal with it.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I am not saying that you used capitalization, I am saying that the long-time existing inability to mail yourself when using the correct capitalisation shows that it was never intended by the devs that we were able to email ourselves. it doesnt matter you can in most other MMO's, because this is not those MMO's. We dont get to decide for the devs what is a feature and what is not. If they said it was not supposed to be that way and fix it, deal with it.
I am clearly understand everything this, and they got my feedback for this situation. I have no illusion that everything will return how it was. I just want to say that not every "bug" can be counted as nasty evill bug. They can left some things like nice feature that no gives any damage to anyone.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Bugs seem to be features in the opinion of those who benefit from them, but they are still bugs. I would be happier if this had not happened but it did. Devs say it is a bug and it is their game and their decision to make.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Bugs seem to be features in the opinion of those who benefit from them, but they are still bugs. I would be happier if this had not happened but it did. Devs say it is a bug and it is their game and their decision to make.
That's true but the only benefit that I got it is saved 1 minute of my lifetime per 25 mails, where I need to place items to the shared trunk (or sent it by mail) and log on my another Alt to sent it back . Awesome! take those minutes of my lifetime, I hope you are enjoyed to have it...That very precious resource...but only for me

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
That's true but the only benefit that I got it is saved 1 minute of my lifetime per 25 mails, where I need to place items to the shared trunk (or sent it by mail) and log on my another Alt to sent it back . Awesome! take those minutes of my lifetime, I hope you are enjoyed to have it...That very precious resource...but only for me
Dare I suggest you may be taking the game a little bit too seriously?

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The main fault, that dev gave this opportunity to the players
The Devs did not give this to players, it was a bug. And the devs really do try to catch them when they happen. BUT that isn't always possible.

It makes no sense to keep complaining about something that will not be reverted. We get it, you are unhappy but it was a bug and needed to be fixed to prevent exploit. Yes, sometimes bugs get introduced with updates but it happens. No one is perfect :)

Now I hope this ends the subject. Thank you :)

Reactions: BadgerReborn and CaraLox
  • Likex2

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
The Devs did not give this to players, it was a bug. And the devs really do try to catch them when they happen. BUT that isn't always possible.

It makes no sense to keep complaining about something that will not be reverted. We get it, you are unhappy but it was a bug and needed to be fixed to prevent exploit. Yes, sometimes bugs get introduced with updates but it happens. No one is perfect :)

Now I hope this ends the subject. Thank you :)
E9299C58-F13F-42F9-A865-F898846D562E.gif
😝

Reactions: Zaphyra and Tenzor
  • Hahax2
Status
Not open for further replies.