Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
I don't think there was any intent to accuse anyone of exploiting in this case. What was being stated was just the same thing as was more succintly expressed above "The bug isn't that it can't be done, the bug was that it could be done."

Sadly, I think the need to close this particular "loophole" is related to the gold exploit.
So let’s say I have 20k gold and I wanted to send myself 10k of the gold. Technically speaking it would look like I had 10k left? Because the gold in my mail doesn’t count to my gold total? If this was the case I can definitely see this being an issue for the exploit and why they made sure to get rid of this feature.
Though as long as I can send to my alts I’m fine with it lol.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I do not understand, nor wish to understand how the gold exploit worked.

I believe that it is related, that's all.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Game prevent nothing. When you start write your name - nothing happens. Only when you start to write alts name, then it helps you with autocorrect.
now you can do both but previously that is the case, at least when I tried a while back.

Do you not see the contradiction between two this statements ?
sorry for my lack of vocabulary, I guess, I'm not using the correct word for my explanation I use the same word but different meaning/importance. What I'm trying to say is that you're doing something that is not intended to be done(exploit), but you doesn't cause an issue/break the game at least not yet. Let me try giving an example, like minor drinking alcohol is against the law (at least where I live). A minor drinking alone in his own room to remove his sadness, it's still against the law and still should be prevented, but it is whatever you won't get to jail for it. Compared to a minor getting drunk while driving on public. Both is against the law and you shouldn't do it, but 1 is kind of whatever, but the other is not. the exploit I mention to you the first time is like the 1st kid that got drunk in your own room alone, while the 2nd time I use it is the later. Even then both need to be prevented, because you don't know what might happen to 1st kid in the future if left alone.
Sure, if that helps to prevent gold exploit, then I am agree with that but I dont saw the connection...
explaining the connection, might involve explaining how to recreate the exploit, so the dev, won't say it.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I do not understand, nor wish to understand how the gold exploit worked.

I believe that it is related, that's all.
This is how rumors are born...
So no any reliable information that mail was part of gold-exploit...only thoughts...

In LA2 free-shards was similar exploit with trade. When you traded some amount of money which are surpasses some number limited by programming, for example 124555768565, then both traders got same amount of money and dupe the money at twice. This secret number was related to programming code which was like some kind of limit of the maximum possible length-number in it and surpasses it lead to exploit. This is some programmist things, that we are simple player do not understand...I think similar was here.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
A very long time ago, when they first made mail for us in the game, we were able to send mail to ourselves. That was seen as a problem/exploit because it created an extra storage. So they changed it way back then so we could not send mail to the same toon as was sending it.
So, if it changed and you were able to send mail to the same toon as was sending it, it was an unintended bug I'm sure so it had to be corrected.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Yeah, prior to this patch, if you capitalized your name correctly it would detect you were trying to send email to yourself and the game would give an error saying you’re not permitted to do that. The bug was, if you spelled your name correctly but didn’t capitalize it properly, it couldn’t detect you were trying to send it to yourself. They fixed the bug detecting capitalization of names, so now it does detect when you’re addressing mail to yourself. Bug, fixed.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
When you sent to the alt, this is the same storage - the sum does not change from the permutation of the terms...

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
This is how rumors are born...
So no any reliable information that mail was part of gold-exploit...only thoughts...

In LA2 free-shards was similar exploit with trade. When you traded some amount of money which are surpasses some number limited by programming, for example 124555768565, then both traders got same amount of money and dupe the money at twice. This secret number was related to programming code which was like some kind of limit of the maximum possible length-number in it and surpasses it lead to exploit. This is some programmist things, that we are simple player do not understand...I think similar was here.
I can tell you that what was said by moderator Majenta is absolutely true. I don't think you understood what was meant though.

The meaning is: We mods have no part in searching down exploits, that is properly in the hands of management. None of us were informed how this gold exploit happened nor do we want to be told any of that information. That is what was meant.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I can tell you that what was said by moderator Majenta is absolutely true. I don't think you understood what was meant though.

The meaning is: We mods have no part in searching down exploits, that is properly in the hands of management. None of us were informed how this gold exploit happened nor do we want to be told any of that information. That is what was meant.
I clearly understood that post, but my post was related to this:
Sadly, I think the need to close this particular "loophole" is related to the gold exploit.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
He was expressing what he thought which is different from posting information.

Either way, the mailing to yourself was an unintentional bug and was fixed.
TY for asking.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Last edited
That's really hard to accept that this was a bug when you all time though that it is normal feature...

No difference to keep 100 items on this character or another when we talking about storage question or overloading mail. You can't pass 25 mail restriction anyway. Is mail server load change? NO

Alone thing that now goes worse is the item management. If you want keep items of the same type on the specific character you need sent it to him and sent it back. its means that you need increase mail server load in two times then before - 50 mails instead of 25. Is mail server load change? Yes it become worse at two times (figuratively ).

Even if you have shared trunk. - you place items inside and log on the alt and sent 25 mails. Is mail server load change? NO. Is items management become worse - YES.

So what we have in the end? Any benefit for mail server load - NO. And we got only worse item managment.

We got a Fix of "incredibly" bad bug that in real was a nice item management feature that makes game better...And now alone thing that we win, that game become a little worse and less friendly...

And alone argument that we have opposite to this "This is MISTAKE! this is BUG! Bug is BAD"
And you forgot (or did not know) how many mistakes led to new discoveries in our history. So not every mistake or bug is bad, it can be as nice feature that did not make game worse.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Just answer me one question - what the player win so much with this bug, that gave him so incredibly benefit over the game?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Just answer me one question - what the player win so much with this bug, that gave him so incredibly benefit over the game?
Perhaps go back and read your own posts on the gold exploit thread to find the answer to your question.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Perhaps go back and read your own posts on the gold exploit thread to find the answer to your question.
Gold-exploit ruin the economy of the game in incredible amount! It does a huge damage to the game and to the players!

But postal little bug(feature) not do damage to the game and only help with item management

These are two things that cannot be compared!

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I'm not an expert, but I think it will be better for vault management to salvage blue weapons :unsure:
You are right! But I am sell those weapons :) it is part of my business here :) When I saw that previous weapon sold then I take it from mail (or Vault) and place to the AH. Instead of running to the crafting station and back each time. That will economy me a some time like a minute or two but in long terms it will economy a hours.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Most of the discussion on this topic is tucked away in the test forums. If you would like to contribute to making the game better (and see some of the discussions about changes in the works), I encourage you to join the team of testers dedicated to improving the game.

But let’s be clear… it was an obvious bug. It’s fixed. You may not like it, but I’ve never personally had much success with “expecting things to change just because I don’t like them”. I’m not sure that applies to just me, ymmv.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Last edited
If that bug somehow related to gold exploit then it must be closed and done with it. Then I have no any questions anymore.

You are right in everything. Sure, in real I have no hope thats will be returned how it was, but I hope only that in future when something will be "fixed" that in real was'nt a nasty bug but good feature. Some mistakes can lead to the new discoveries and features.

About testers: sadly I did not want transform game in to the work. That already passed way by me. This game is not inspire me how I want. It is good, I like it and spent many time here but but my soul is not burn so much. Even more, I am screwed my backbone when played 16 hours in day during the first month when I started play this game and did not successfully heal it until now

Status
Not open for further replies.