PC
Its been stopped if items are included

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
but it worked before this patch...I keep items on my mail and now need sent it to alts and back or use trunk and sent it back by mails....very uncomfortable....

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The ability to mail items or gold to yourself was removed in the latest patch.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
and what the point of this? make game less player friendly?

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I am already have 28 vaults and all full of items and keep some items in mail..and now I need use 2 characters to sent mail to him and back...that's very frustrating
20210909035332_1.jpg

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Anyway, sent to self or to another alt it is the same...what the point to remove this? and mail limited by 25 mails per day anyways you can't overload it because in 14 days it become disappear

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I do not believe that mails were intended as a form of storage.
Blizzad thought the same but millions of players keep their stuff in mail anyways for more then 15 years...and there are no restriction by limits, only time - 30 days

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
If you look here the game actually already prevent it since a long time ago.
Bug with mail to yourself? | Villagers & Heroes Forums (villagersandheroes.com)
It just that player can somehow bypass it by changing the lower/upper case in their name. So what you did kind of exploiting the loophole of the system. Until recently it's never been fixed, because it doesn't really cause an issue, but the recent gold exploit make this a necessary change, that's all I can say.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
The bug isn't that it can't be done, the bug was that it could be done :)

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
If you look here the game actually already prevent it since a long time ago.
Bug with mail to yourself? | Villagers & Heroes Forums (villagersandheroes.com)
It just that player can somehow bypass it by changing the lower/upper case in their name. So what you did kind of exploiting the loophole of the system. Until recently it's never been fixed, because it doesn't really cause an issue, but the recent gold exploit make this a necessary change, that's all I can say.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. - I can't read your link
Bypass ? Loophole? exploit? are you joking? I just write my name, place stuff inside and press "send" like I sent to other my alts. And I done this from time that I start play, almost year! With your logic, players who uses [Verda Sprout] thats has 93 lvl in description or [Sweet Pie], that hase 90 lvl in description - they are all exploiters and uses loophole! because use hig lvl stuff on low lvl character? But you can't use health\mana\meals....Where this border between feature and exploit?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. - I can't read your link
Bypass ? Loophole? exploit? are you joking? I just write my name, place stuff inside and press "send" like I sent to other my alts. And I done this from time that I start play, almost year! With your logic, players who uses [Verda Sprout] thats has 93 lvl in description or [Sweet Pie], that hase 90 lvl in description - they are all exploiters and uses loophole! because use hig lvl stuff on low lvl character? But you can't use health\mana\meals....Where this border between feature and exploit?
I don't think there was any intent to accuse anyone of exploiting in this case. What was being stated was just the same thing as was more succintly expressed above "The bug isn't that it can't be done, the bug was that it could be done."

Sadly, I think the need to close this particular "loophole" is related to the gold exploit.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Sadly, I think the need to close this particular "loophole" is related to the gold exploit.
If that true then thats must be done! but are you sure that is true? I read only about "Hopefully fixed trade exploit."

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
For me that look like force ppl to buy more vaults. And in that way I am certain, that who bought vaults before they will continue to buy it in the future. Who No - they will use mail between alts...that's almost the same how to sent to yourself. So this mail restrinktion is not help to make mail less overload...

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
20210909170219_1.jpg
Be shure that I will continue keep this on my mail even send from alts!
For me, you just did the game worse than before, instead of make it player friendly!

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Bypass ? Loophole? exploit? are you joking? I just write my name, place stuff inside and press "send" like I sent to other my alts. And I done this from time that I start play, almost year!
The link is from test server sorry, It's pretty much just an example' that for example I could mail to myself if I send it to "verrier", but not to "Verrier". To say that the game want to prevent it in the first place.
Until recently it's never been fixed, because it doesn't really cause an issue, but the recent gold exploit make this a necessary change, that's all I can say.
You should read this part again. I'm not claiming you're breaking the game, you just do something that's not supposed to, and it is not an issue. But the Recent gold exploiter is the one that cause this "feature" to be disabled, to minimize the exploit from happening again. And sorry most info is from test server, so I'm trying to disclose as little as possible.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Sure, if that helps to prevent gold exploit, then I am agree with that but I dont saw the connection...

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
for example I could mail to myself if I send it to "verrier", but not to "Verrier". To say that the game want to prevent it in the first place.
Game prevent nothing. When you start write your name - nothing happens. Only when you start to write alts name, then it helps you with autocorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.