• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Communication is an important part of MMOs. Ease of communication allows players to interact frequently, which makes the virtual world feel alive. Below are some suggestions for two of the major communication channels in the game: mail and chat.

Suggestions for the mail system:

1: Copy / Paste: Currently copying text from a mail only works on certain views of the mail (composing or replying). At one point we were able to copy mail from the viewing mode! However, that feature was either removed or is bugged since a patch many years ago. I hope to see this fixed sometime in the future, as copying information - such as a link to a forum contest - is very useful! Likewise, please look at the strange characters that appear when pasting messages from external pages.

2: Delete all Selected: This one is pretty straightforward - just the ability to toggle a bunch of mails, and then click a delete all selected button at the top to remove them.

3: Attachments: Currently players have 25 item sends per day on each character, but only 3 items can be sent with each mail. I would like to see the addition of a few more slots of items per mail so we do not have to send multiple mails to another player. 5 sounds like a good amount.

4: Saving: Some mails are worth saving, either because they have important links, dates or great information that you wish to refer back to. If a mail could be saved for an indefinite amount of time (As long as there is no item in it) that would be a great addition.

5: Layout & Count: A quick and beneficial change to mails would be increasing the word count. Sometimes mails contain guides or a summary of patch-notes, and the restrictive word limit causes players to seperate this into multiple mails. Being able to add some form of layout would be neat as well, maybe through a template system. Like columns, articles etc.

6: Forward: Allow us to forward mails easily! Current method you need to reply to a mail to forward it - this puts the intended mail in the bottom part of the new mail. Which then makes it impossible to interact with (copy).

7: Formatting: Bold, italics, underline, font size, font type and colors. Bullet points and alignment.

Suggestions for the chat system:

1: Time-Stamps: An oft requested feature. Time-stamps would allow players to determine when certain messages were sent out. For example, a call to help with some content, or an event announcement.

2: Linking Items: The ability to directly link an item into the chat is common in many MMOs. Players can then click on said link and view the tool-tip for that item. Especially useful for selling gear and other items.

3: Blinking: Remove blinking from unselected chat channels. Perhaps just a golden outline around the channel button to indicate that there is unread chat in that channel. The blinking is distracting

4: Defaults: Personally I thinking the continuous chat and new players messages options should be turned off by default.

5: Always Up: The option to keep the chat box up at all times. Whenever there is a lapse in chat it will minimize, which is frustrating when trying to read something.

6: History: A much greater chat history is needed.

7: System Messages: A new system messages channel. Rather than being in notifications, all system messages would appear here.

8: Emotes: Allow us to select our own custom list of emotes for the emotes box:
1558195280948.png

Deri

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Any type of editing capability in mail on iOS would be very welcome. Right now not only can I not copy/paste at all, I can't even add line breaks to my emails. My updates to the village are just big blobs of text.

I agree with everything else Skaaveek mentioned too. Only one thing to add: On iOS, I would love to be have the option to tap on someone's name in trade chat and send them mail. Also, it would be great if the same could be added onto the village roster interface. Right now the dropdown menu lets me promote/demote, but to send a message I have to write down their name and triple check the spelling. I would also love to be able to send mail to various categories of villagers, such as "send to all Lady/Lord". By the way, the "send to all in village" button was genius. Thank you for that! I use it almost every day.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Yes to all as they are all good suggestions. I have seen some of these requested by other players, most especially item #3, Attachments.

If I had to pick 3 and only 3 of these to implement, it would be these, and in this order.

#3, Attachments: Please increase this to a minimum of 5.
#4, Saving: Please allow me to mark a mail as permanent. I will understand if there is a limit on how many mails I may save.
#5, Layout & Count: I understand the need for limitations but the current word count needs to be doubled.

Reactions: Queeny
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
#7: THOSE DAMN SQUARES THAT POP UP IN THE PLACE OF EVERY ENTER WHEN YOU TRY TO PASTE SOMETHING IN THE MAIL!!!! No, my capslock was not on. Try sent 100 mails for reasons pasting things.... FRUSTRATION!!o_O

Kellieann

Wizard
Characters
Kellieann, Charlie, Shelliean
Platform
Android, PC
Yes to #1 and #4....I second agree with what Skaaveek said, I was about to post a message about the copy and paste until I seen his post, but also, I think we need a copy and paste in the chat channels, so that when we receive or post links we'll be able to copy and paste it for anything game related. also,a copy and paste for the chat channels, so those of us who don't have a lot of time, and are talking to 2 chats at once, can copy and paste the message into the correct chat if we need too. anyway, it needs it. It gets so Frustrating to me to try to look up a link and can't, rephrase a message to a friend in the right chat channel, and can't!! :rolleyes:

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Yes to #1 and #4....I second agree with what Skaaveek said, I was about to post a message about the copy and paste until I seen his post, but also, I think we need a copy and paste in the chat channels, so that when we receive or post links we'll be able to copy and paste it for anything game related. also,a copy and paste for the chat channels, so those of us who don't have a lot of time, and are talking to 2 chats at once, can copy and paste the message into the correct chat if we need too. anyway, it needs it. It gets so Frustrating to me to try to look up a link and can't, rephrase a message to a friend in the right chat channel, and can't!! :rolleyes:
On PC at least, you can copy and paste from chat - highlight the chat and press ctrl C to copy, then ctrl V to paste.

Kellieann

Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
On PC at least, you can copy and paste from chat - highlight the chat and press ctrl C to copy, then ctrl V to paste.
I didn't know I could do that. Hopefully one day we'll have copy and paste in the email. thank you.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
It's kind of complicated, but unless it's bugged (I haven't used it in awhile), there's a work-around. If there's something in an in-game message that you want to copy and then paste elsewhere, reply to the message. After you hit reply, you can then highlight text from the mail you received and use ctrl-C to copy it & then ctrl-V to paste it elsewhere.

Kellieann

Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
It's kind of complicated, but unless it's bugged (I haven't used it in awhile), there's a work-around. If there's something in an in-game message that you want to copy and then paste elsewhere, reply to the message. After you hit reply, you can then highlight text from the mail you received and use ctrl-C to copy it & then ctrl-V to paste it elsewhere.
yes it is, I tried the earlier idea but I couldn't get it to work for me, I'll try your idea.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Updated! Added ideas for chat system improvement along with the mail suggestions

Reactions: Kellieann
  • Likex1