Xhukari

Bog Frog
Characters
Nolaasc
Platform
PC
Is there somewhere I can find all this info about housing, like in a collated list or something? I'm intrigued by what it actually is. From the little I've seen about it, it sounds like it is an instance where you can decorate the inside of your house. Which if true, I hope it is more than purely cosmetic.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Is there somewhere I can find all this info about housing, like in a collated list or something? I'm intrigued by what it actually is. From the little I've seen about it, it sounds like it is an instance where you can decorate the inside of your house. Which if true, I hope it is more than purely cosmetic.
I think the most recent twitch video shows a sample of what decorating your house will look like(not finished)If you don’t have twitch I think(not positive) they upload on YouTube.

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I’m confused. The starting of this thread seems disrespectful. The poster took a devs words out of context twisted them to their own narrative to start problems here in the forums. To me that seems disrespectful to the developers of the game. But 🤷🏼‍♀️ What would I know.
I get it, but more people adding disrespectful comments (not saying you, or anyone in particular ) regardless of who's ( or whom's? ) said what, would still be wrong, these are discussion threads, not mockery, or insult threads, everyone is intittled to their own opinion here, thus why everyone should be respectful, regardless if agree, or disagree with anyone's statement.

Reactions: CaraLox and Halleebell
  • Likex2

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
@Perlio -

Perlio, the intent of your thread was just to try to take a swipe at Mad Otter, and we both know this. If you genuinely cared about villaging issues, then you would have created a thread about them – you would have specifically talked about which villaging aspects you were hoping to see come to the game, or existing village elements you felt needed improvement, or ideas you might have, or suggestions, or any manner of things related specifically to villages and your feelings about them. You would have opened up a healthy discussion within the community, and given other players a venue to offer their thoughts and feedback on the topic of villaging. Such a thread would have been much welcomed, and I know I would have looked forward to reading it.

But that is not the thread you made. Instead you chose to cobble together a muddied package of misinformation and present it as ‘fact,’ then flung it onto the forums in the hopes, I assume, that you could whip up some frenzied wrath at Mad Otter, and create as much discontent as possible.

And I do not find that constructive, just malicious. (But I also have a sense of humor, so I actually thought it was kind of amusing.)

At any rate, as I said, if the topic of villaging is indeed important to you, then I encourage you to start a new thread, one which will elicit a healthy discussion on the topic.

--Sarah

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
When Raids came out, it was a Raid. One instance. This november, raids will expand into their fifth instance with two more to come.
If you dig up everything abit the first installment of housing, you are going to find exactly what you feared.

"it sounds like it is an instance where you can decorate the inside of your house. Which if true, I hope it is more than purely cosmetic."

Yes, the first instance of housing will probably be a singular one that is basic and for the most part, cosmetic, but that is the foundation upon which greater things will be built. It will start as mostly cosmetic but be expanded upon with future updates. If I had to guess, I would say that housing specific crafting would be the first thing to be added to the mix. Perhaps it will be introduced with a bit of that in place. We have not been told much about it in any great detail but the one thing that has been promised is that once implemented, it will ne expanded with new features and content. This is typical of how Mad Otter introduces new content. Don't be put off at first exposure. I have been on this game for over 9 years and every major expansion to the game has always been followed by more content and refinements. Development on the game does not move at light speed but it has been constant and ongoing for the entire span of time that I've been playing. I don't expect the first installment of housing to be earth-shaking, but I'm confident that it will set the stage for something that will be exactly that.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
Is the housing update still set for end of summer? Pretty sure that’s what the livestream gives as release date.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Is the housing update still set for end of summer? Pretty sure that’s what the livestream gives as release date.
I believe they gave the end of Summer as a "target" date.
With Fall just around the corner, I think it's more likely than not they missed the target, at least a little. 🎯
Personally, I'll be happy to see it this year. It's been in the works for so long now that I can live with an extra few months.
In hindsight, it makes me glad they started releasing some of the QoL content incrementally instead of holding everything for one massive build.

Status
Not open for further replies.