Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
In no other game have I seen trash loot in terms of gear or other forms of power-ups drop at the highest levels.
Not only do rare and epic relics drop in the highest heroics but also uncommon gear. I don't know which one is worse tbh.

It's not enough of an RNG luck to get an epic drop or legend but then it has to be rolled perfectly. This has an insanely low drop rate even if only epics and legend gear would solely drop from heroic mobs.
The same goes for relics. The same relic can drop multiple times (even celestials) and having rare and epics part of that RNG equation is just ridiculous.

Not to mention the magic find a cap on 9% which you can get with just around 25-30k Magic Find and it does not go up at all after that (very low).

My suggestion after running over 500 runs already this season is to cap heroics for only legend and celestial relics (people who want them should earn them and not have to rely on luck only).
As far as items go, I would also suggest making epics the minimum drops on heroic 1 and up.

We are after all talking about heroic raids and heroic means only the best items should drop, both in terms of relics and items.

Summary: Trash items have no place in heroics (anything under epic), and the same goes for trash relics (anything under legendary).
Its hard enough to get the correct item but then you have to also get the correct stats and even harder to have it be a legendary one.

Luck should not play 100% role in determining rewards, nor should it be 0%. Keeping only legendary and celestials in heroics will mean you still have to be luckey but your efforts and results are not worthless. Same goes for item drops.

PS: If you are out of content making it more RNG wont help solve anything but just annoy the poeple who enjoy the game as it is.

Attachments

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Personally I enjoy content that is of a half decent difficulty and has a chance at a high quality reward, heroic raids are one of the only things in the whole game that offer this and I have absolutely no problem with low drop rates as long as there is at least a chance.

But some people aren’t natural grinders and so won’t like this you could argue this content isn’t for them. It’s more for end gamers that still want a grind (which is the exact point of games like this) if your looking for easy rewards this is the wrong game.

can we change this? Would we really want to? Personally I say no I like playing the game with a little motivation mixed in if the rewards were auto find/easy I would be done with the raid season in a week and need more content. I like that I’m still interested in this season and wile I do want my last few celestials I don’t want them so fast I wish away my gameplay experience.

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Personally I enjoy content that is of a half decent difficulty and has a chance at a high quality reward, heroic raids are one of the only things in the whole game that offer this and I have absolutely no problem with low drop rates as long as there is at least a chance.

But some people aren’t natural grinders and so won’t like this you could argue this content isn’t for them. It’s more for end gamers that still want a grind (which is the exact point of games like this) if your looking for easy rewards this is the wrong game.

can we change this? Would we really want to? Personally I say no I like playing the game with a little motivation mixed in if the rewards were auto find/easy I would be done with the raid season in a week and need more content. I like that I’m still interested in this season and wile I do want my last few celestials I don’t want them so fast I wish away my gameplay experience.
Easy Reward? If there is anyone that is grinding and loves to grind its me. Who has done over 500 runs this season?

But you have to understand that to grind for rewards requires the rewards to reflect the difficulty of the raid in the first place and not be rewards you can get in the easiest (bronze) raids in the game and at the same time in heroic 44 or even 100...

This is not an issue of grind, this is an issue of getting rewarded for your efforts appropriately. If I want rare relics I can just go farm bronze.

Just because the season is 5 months and you get your relics in 1 week (because you spent countless hours farming them and got rewarded APPROPRIATELY) does not mean you stop raiding. The best way to get your end gear is raids and that ladder is also there if you want more difficulity. If you really enjoyed the challange of the raids and quality of the rewards, you wouln't be spamming heroic 1.

Reactions: Black_Cvlt
  • Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
I toss or Vendor most of the items that drop in raids. Even when I'm lucky enough to get an Epic item, it's usually for the wrong class or has stats I don't want. Instead, I spend my ducats on Armament Boxes and try for Epics. I hope there will be better drops in Heroics (if I ever get there 😅).

Reactions: Sigfrido and Jytal
  • Likex2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Last edited by a moderator
Easy Reward? If there is anyone that is grinding and loves to grind its me. Who has done over 500 runs this season?

But you have to understand that to grind for rewards requires the rewards to reflect the difficulty of the raid in the first place and not be rewards you can get in the easiest (bronze) raids in the game and at the same time in heroic 44 or even 100...

This is not an issue of grind, this is an issue of getting rewarded for your efforts appropriately. If I want rare relics I can just go farm bronze.

Just because the season is 5 months and you get your relics in 1 week (because you spent countless hours farming them and got rewarded APPROPRIATELY) does not mean you stop raiding. The best way to get your end gear is raids and that ladder is also there if you want more difficulity. If you really enjoyed the challange of the raids and quality of the rewards, you wouln't be spamming heroic 1.
As ever your response dosen‘t make much sense probably because of poor translation but agree to disagree and yer if your so burnt up about rewards you absolutely stop once you got what you want. What ladder? Yes the reward would be easy if it was auto legendary at heroic, 500 runs is fine and would be a statement if it wasn’t motivated by greed or intent to dominate rankings lol as for why I’m sticking to heroic one well it’s because I’m not grinding raids to boost my ego I want my relics but I’m not so silly as to let it cost me anything/stress me out purely for a {mod edit} rank”. I don’t do pvp.

oh and for the record it’s not “as difficult as humanly possible” challenge I like but content that I can’t simply sleep through (which granted is like 99% of the game when you got my build) that I love, I still want to win but I want to have to work a little for it.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
Can we stop talking about ego and other personal issues, thank you?
Sticking to the theme.. It's obviously not fair to have the same leg/celes relic drop chances at Heroic 1 and Heroic 50+.

Reactions: Xii and Jytal
  • Likex2

Grz

Reader
Last edited
I suggest to add 1% every 5 heroic levels to both legendary and celestial loot, or something like this incremental pattern. Crap relics must still drop but less and less often as you climb the ladder. I was happy to get a legendary crown after almost 100 heroic cloisters. Resigned never to get a celestial crown this season.

And I don't know if low level/low dun players can leech off a high heroic raid with regards to high quality relics, but they shouldn't in case, and get a relic appropriate for their level only.

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
As ever your response dosen‘t make much sense probably because of poor translation but agree to disagree and yer if your so burnt up about rewards you absolutely stop once you got what you want. What ladder? Yes the reward would be easy if it was auto legendary at heroic, 500 runs is fine and would be a statement if it wasn’t motivated by greed or intent to dominate rankings lol as for why I’m sticking to heroic one well it’s because I’m not grinding raids to boost my ego I want my relics but I’m not so silly as to let it cost me anything/stress me out purely for a {mod edit} rank”. I don’t do pvp.

oh and for the record it’s not “as difficult as humanly possible” challenge I like but content that I can’t simply sleep through (which granted is like 99% of the game when you got my build) that I love, I still want to win but I want to have to work a little for it.
{mod edit}
Rare should absolutley not drop in heroics priod. Its a fact that everyone with common sense shares. Uncommon gear in heroics? How can you even try to argue for that?

{mod edit}

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Sticking to the theme.. It's obviously not fair to have the same leg/celes relic drop chances at Heroic 1 and Heroic 50+.
Same relics at Heroic 1 and heroic 50 is not the biggest issue (still an issue), but having bronze relics also drop in heroics. Now if they would increase the drop rate of lgend/celes the higher you go that would be a nice plus. First gotta deal with the trash rare that drops 90% of the time in heroics.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I don’t agree, after all the game is balanced up to heroic 1 after that it’s not ment to be balanced I’m not against giving out some other non game influencing rewards post heroic 1 such as a few ducats or something but anything that hurts an already frail end game such as cap breaking relics or top quality gear do need to be limited and can’t be made more accessible.

{mod edit}

I was on the top of 1 heroic chart last season (flooded cloister solo) and I did that just to see if I could and if drop rates got significantly better, they didn’t so I adapted my approach this season maybe I’ll climb again when/if I get bored but I certainly won’t be complaining about loot, I also soloed the 95 elders that gave me no loot but I don’t care I did it for the same reason, to see if I could.

Reactions: Xii
  • Hahax1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
{mod edit}
Rare should absolutley not drop in heroics priod. Its a fact that everyone with common sense shares. Uncommon gear in heroics? How can you even try to argue for that?

{mod edit}
{mod edit}

as much to my personal disappointment I am not actually immortal (though I do try hard to promote that image in game) but I am the closest thing to it in context of this game so it gives me a rather unique perspective when it comes to a lot of game issues. In general you should expect a player like me to not think the same as a player like you after all we are clearly completely different. I do suggest you try to get used to other opinions {mod edit}

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
[mod edit}

as much to my personal disappointment I am not actually immortal (though I do try hard to promote that image in game) but I am the closest thing to it in context of this game so it gives me a rather unique perspective when it comes to a lot of game issues. In general you should expect a player like me to not think the same as a player like you after all we are clearly completely different. I do suggest you try to get used to other opinions {mod edit}
{mod edit}

In this case, it is a fact that this is an issue that people {mod edit} share.
Anyone with common sense knows that rare drops are not a good idea in heroics (especially 90% of the time and in all heroic levels).
Anyone with common sense knows that uncommon/rare item drops are not a good idea in heroics (from mini-bosses and bosses).

[mod edit}

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
May I please remind all posters to keep their comments polite and respectful and to refrain from making personal remarks about other posters.

And on a lighter note, I have a hunter who has never died since I created her back in 2013, so I'd say she is as close to immortal as it gets.

Of course she is also level 35 (no rebirths) since she hasn't fought anything (apart from one zingi, Ludia in Lady's Lake) since leaving Oak Valley all those years ago.

Reactions: Xaltabar and Sumi
  • Hahax2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
You don’t play heroics for a auto top end reward you do it for a % chance anyone who has run 263 times (I checked the charts but it doesn’t count losses lol) should know that {mod edit}.

And on a lighter note, I have a hunter who has never died since I created her back in 2013, so I'd say she is as close to immortal as it gets.
fair enough. I will forever have to be in your mighty unkillable shadow ;)

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
You don’t play heroics for a auto top end reward you do it for a % chance
No need to give celestial relics to anyone who can complete h50. We can adjust drop chances like {drop %} + 0.1 * {completed heroic level} so drop chance will increase slightly.

anyone who has run 263 times (I checked the charts but it doesn’t count losses lol) should know that
I was on the top of 1 heroic chart last season (flooded cloister solo) and I did that just to see if I could and if drop rates got significantly better, they didn’t so I adapted my approach this season maybe I’ll climb again when/if I get bored but I certainly won’t be complaining about loot, I also soloed the 95 elders that gave me no loot but I don’t care I did it for the same reason, to see if I could.
Can we not discuss our personal achievements here?

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
No need to give celestial relics to anyone who can complete h50. We can adjust drop chances like {drop %} + 0.1 * {completed heroic level} so drop chance will increase slightly.

Are you shore they don’t already have a tiny modifier (not worth much or noticeable of course) on additional heroic lvls already? as for mentioning personal achievements it’s kinda like a c.v unless you know them you cant really put the information/views in the correct context i.e a players view on heroic raids doesn’t mean the same if they lose 50% of them compared to a player who walks them. I’m guessing a guy that losses that many would feel way more frustration and so we need to be more considerate.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
Sometimes explaining our personal achievements, gives context to our comments and helps others understand our perspective. 🙂

Reactions: Antavious
  • Likex1

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Guys there is no need of context or debate here to be frank.

Rare relics that also drop in bronze and are trash in comparison to epic not to mention legend relics and double not to mention celestial relics.
These should not be 90% of all relic drops in heroic levels (even highest) period.
If you ask me personally, epics also are too bad for heroic level (as most don't even reach platinum not to mention do heroics).
If someone takes the time to do a heroic he should feel rewarded for the effort and results.

Uncommon gear that also drops in bronze is trash and is never used other than to gnog runes from or trash.
These should not drop in heroic (if you ask me not even in gold ("from rare mobs aka mini-bosses or purple mobs aka main bosses)).

Rare gear that also drops in silver and some in bronze are trash and never used other than to gnog runes from or trash.
These should not drop in heroic (if you ask me not even in platinum ("from rare mobs aka mini-bosses or purple mobs aka main bosses)).

Whoever thinks otherwise should give a clear argument as to why running 100 heroics that will give me 90 rare relics and some epics and maybe a legend and prob no celestial is a good and balanced reward system.
Also to add heroic 1 and heroic 50 is a huge difference yet give the same rewards as stated many times.

To add, as a casual player said that had joined a heroic 1 raid to fill a spot "Oh I got the same relic after all that madness as I got in my first raid, is this a bug?".

Platform
PC
To say that there is no need for context or even debate is just wrong. Everyone has opinions, and is welcome to them.

While yes, it WOULD be nice for those top lvl raiders to be guaranteed purple or orange items (whether gear or relics), it would make over powered builds even more over powered. I think the devs saw this when they created the raid system. And I think that's why we have random drops rather than specific drops.

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong. Just my opinion on why things are the way they are. I have no ball in this game, since I never make it past heroic 1 :D

Reactions: Xantia and Antavious
  • Likex2

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
To say that there is no need for context or even debate is just wrong. Everyone has opinions, and is welcome to them.

While yes, it WOULD be nice for those top lvl raiders to be guaranteed purple or orange items (whether gear or relics), it would make over powered builds even more over powered. I think the devs saw this when they created the raid system. And I think that's why we have random drops rather than specific drops.

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong. Just my opinion on why things are the way they are. I have no ball in this game, since I never make it past heroic 1 :D
"Whoever thinks otherwise should give a clear argument as to why running 100 heroics that will give me 90 rare relics and some epics and maybe a legend and prob no celestial is a good and balanced reward system. " Please read the full post before commenting :)

There is no competition anyway in the game. It's all a journey of each char and its player to the end. That journey should not be slavery or people will quit which is happening alot.

Now to make things clear again. Epic drop can mean any type of item in the game, that can have 4 stats and they also can be multiple different combinations, and then you have min and max values on each of the stats that you got.

I don't think anyone in the game has full legendary builds (dropped legendary not enhanced) with max values on all things and correct desired stats.
So getting overpower gear as you stated is almost impossible with today's loot system.

Again, why have pure luck based reward system? Why not take into account effort and results alot more as other games have done.
Wow for example contains alot of trash items but in heroic raids only epics drop (highest ones you can get).