Pugking

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
Hello,
I am still quite new to the game. I have 2 toons, a Water shammy and LW both early 20s both have the first 2 talent tree maxed in water/ lightning repectively. I notice that while leveling the water shammy seems to outpreform the LW in all aspects of kill speed, survivabilty and mana/hp efficency making me wonder if I am doing something wrong. For my water shammy I have one attack (water bolt) a water shidl (heal/ dmg shield) and healing spell. I can end a pull of 4 mobs at near 100% health mana and easily tackle bounties 2 levels higher. On my LW after asking in chat I have charge, pummel and thunderbird strike. I also have a few points in the mana regen skill since I constantly seem mana starved. I can only just barely survive a higher level bounty and if I get 3 mobs am usually down to low HP/mana by the end of the fight often time I also will need to blow my 10 sec invuln unique. Also on my water shammy I can chain pull and stay 100% mana/hp on my LW need some breaks (esp for mana). Both toons are similiarly geared. Am I doing something wrong or is the water shammy just a better leveler (or maybe the LW a late bloomer)?
thank you in advance.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
You are not doing anything wrong.

Lightning warriors are slow to level. That said, at lower levels, I personally would drop thunderbird strike and go for lightning bolt instead, since thunderbird is a mana guzzler.

Reactions: Zazie, Pugking and Neia
  • Likex3

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
It’s heresy, but using Phoenix Strike instead of Charge will net you higher dmg, more healing and less mana consumption. You won’t get mastery bonus dmg, but the base (and crit) will be for more while using 1/3rd less mana. Did I mention it also heals?

Reactions: Pugking and Neia
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
some of the spell mechanic make a Lightning Warrior a very late bloomer. Thunderbolt and Lightning bolt has very low base damage, but is boosted 5 times the lightning mastery, which make them really good if you have high amount of mastery, but really bad if you have low amount of them. So yeah you're kinda stuck with those 3 spell you mentioned early on. Like what Sinjin said, I think players often opted out and switch to more fury built early on and switch to lightning later around lvl 60-70

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
That said, at lower levels, I personally would drop thunderbird strike and go for lightning bolt instead, since thunderbird is a mana guzzler.
I agree with that assessment of thunderbird strike. I won't gnog that feat onto my weapon until I'm at the point where I'm willing to spend enough sockets to truly max out my weapon (around level 71 or 76.) Even then, I rarely use thunderbird strike because of its insane mana cost and low damage.
Until you have enough talent points (from rebirths combined with combat level) to max out the related talent, thunderbird strike never feels worth it, imo.

Reactions: Pugking
  • Likex1

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Hello,
I am still quite new to the game. I have 2 toons, a Water shammy and LW both early 20s both have the first 2 talent tree maxed in water/ lightning repectively. I notice that while leveling the water shammy seems to outpreform the LW in all aspects of kill speed, survivabilty and mana/hp efficency making me wonder if I am doing something wrong. For my water shammy I have one attack (water bolt) a water shidl (heal/ dmg shield) and healing spell. I can end a pull of 4 mobs at near 100% health mana and easily tackle bounties 2 levels higher. On my LW after asking in chat I have charge, pummel and thunderbird strike. I also have a few points in the mana regen skill since I constantly seem mana starved. I can only just barely survive a higher level bounty and if I get 3 mobs am usually down to low HP/mana by the end of the fight often time I also will need to blow my 10 sec invuln unique. Also on my water shammy I can chain pull and stay 100% mana/hp on my LW need some breaks (esp for mana). Both toons are similiarly geared. Am I doing something wrong or is the water shammy just a better leveler (or maybe the LW a late bloomer)?
thank you in advance.
As someone who has a lightning warrior main and a water shaman alt i know exactly what you mean! Here's the thing about lightning warriors... they are best at solo..yes any class can solo but with a few more talent points your LW can take care of multiple mobs and bounties... when you reach bearhold crypt and eventually halls of salvation LW will arguably perform better... LW is made to handle heavy hitters and the invulnerability spell to deal with large groups of mobs. About mana..yes LW has a problem with that...i say go with charge, lightning bolt and thunderbolt... thunderbird is great but its only a 1 target dmg dealer with no added benefits ..charge stuns, lighting bolt is a ranged attack and thunder bolt hits multiple targets. These 3 runes are on all crafted LW swords(starting from lvl 11 swords).
heres my okish guide on LW -https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/beginners-guide-to-lightning-warrior.4116/
though if you have more time i would suggest you check out Kave's guide and Athon Dawnfire's guides they are wayyy better and go in more depth.
Kaves guide- https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/lightning-warrior-guide.2871/
Dawnfire's guide- https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/the-blade-that-protects-the-realms-a-guide-to-warriors.1417/

Reactions: Pugking and Sinjin
  • Likex2

Pugking

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
As someone who has a lightning warrior main and a water shaman alt i know exactly what you mean! Here's the thing about lightning warriors... they are best at solo..yes any class can solo but with a few more talent points your LW can take care of multiple mobs and bounties... when you reach bearhold crypt and eventually halls of salvation LW will arguably perform better... LW is made to handle heavy hitters and the invulnerability spell to deal with large groups of mobs. About mana..yes LW has a problem with that...i say go with charge, lightning bolt and thunderbolt... thunderbird is great but its only a 1 target dmg dealer with no added benefits ..charge stuns, lighting bolt is a ranged attack and thunder bolt hits multiple targets. These 3 runes are on all crafted LW swords(starting from lvl 11 swords).
heres my okish guide on LW -https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/beginners-guide-to-lightning-warrior.4116/
though if you have more time i would suggest you check out Kave's guide and Athon Dawnfire's guides they are wayyy better and go in more depth.
Kaves guide- https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/lightning-warrior-guide.2871/
Dawnfire's guide- https://villagersandheroes.com/forums/threads/the-blade-that-protects-the-realms-a-guide-to-warriors.1417/
Thank you for the advie.
For now I respecced (after trying fury a bit and dieing a lot) 5 points in fury for the bonus to phoenix slash, Charge for the stun and pummel. Only 25 now but it seems pretty survivable and low mana useage. I am concerned about the lack of lightning skills (charge on a long time) to proc the static heal. My water shammy breezed through halls of salvation and beyond staying at near full mana HP the same time though only 1 attck button and an occasional heal is less exciting to play.

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Thank you for the advie.
For now I respecced (after trying fury a bit and dieing a lot) 5 points in fury for the bonus to phoenix slash, Charge for the stun and pummel. Only 25 now but it seems pretty survivable and low mana useage. I am concerned about the lack of lightning skills (charge on a long time) to proc the static heal. My water shammy breezed through halls of salvation and beyond staying at near full mana HP the same time though only 1 attck button and an occasional heal is less exciting to play.

Stick with the fury warrior and slap some vitality to all ya gear!! Keep doing that principal to anything and your golden..

Ok on serious note. Lw is by far the easiest to level in, I would get the 3 crafted lw spells and 3 fury crafted spells at sword levels 26, 31, 61, 66. Rest of your sword levels do all 3 crafted lw spells, and 2 crafted fury, take away whirlwind. 5 is solid and mana consumption is easily managed by lvl 3 mana pots.. Sounds cool and is so much easier to keep progressing.

Talent points, focus on first three lw, then first two in fury, then last lighting warrior talent points. Skip the 4th, not worth it for solo. Then go into marats and mana as you progress. This will zip you around the place.

But always add vitality runes in the two feee slots to boots, armor and belt!! Solve the health issue.

Have fun!!

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Last edited
I used thunderbolt and lightning bolt all the way from lvl 11 to 95 and all rb, I’m a socket hoarder so used only 3 moves the whole way but keeped my third move nice and loose. some times had charge (mostly in raids for move speed) some times pummel (in ez a lot for extra threat) and sometimes thunderbird (mostly wile solo for dps) I use the neckless for free mana and healing trinkets to keep me fighting for longer.

Reactions: ishanroyc
  • Likex1