Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
As title says it, I'm tired of using the microsoft edge, am no fan of google chrome either :(

Any suggestions?

BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn, Badger66, TheLastBadger, BadgerSham
Platform
Android, PC
i've been using Opera for the past few years and pretty much happy with it. certainly runs much better than chrome

Reactions: Greer and Joleen
  • Likex2

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
I just started using Opera again because Chrome is just a ridiculous resource HOG. I like it, it's clean and has all of the features any other browser has - plus! You can upgrade for free to have a VPN included, which I also downloaded and now I'm no longer eating Krispy Kreme for breakfast, then seeing ads for doughnuts for a week.

Paranoia

Villager
Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
PC
I usually use firefox, but have opera as an substitute.

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

Mutsie

Reader
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
I've been using Firefox for a while now, ever since I figured out I actually had a choice to which browser I could use. It hasn't let me down yet for years now. I specifically like how it's easy and straight forward to customize, it doesn't have a lot of unwanted extra's, but you can have them all if you add them.

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
I would suggest Firefox.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
My top recommendation would be Firefox - it has a nice UI, performance is solid, and it contributes to a more open web by 1) being associated with the Mozilla Foundation and 2) not being based on Chromium.

If you end up not finding Firefox to your liking, here's a few alternatives:
  • Opera - simple and streamlined with a few unique standout features, such as a built-in ad blocker and VPN. https://www.opera.com/
  • Vivaldi - extremely customizable. If you want to tweak a browser to be exactly the way you prefer, give this a look. https://vivaldi.com/
  • Edge Insider Beta - even though you're already using Edge, it's being updated with a completely different browser in the near future (probably early 2020). You can try out an early beta version to see if you like it: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/?form=MO12FY&OCID=MO12FY

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Great ty everyone, seems Firefox/Opera is liked the most. I will try them out after my holiday.
ty Ivar I will certainly try the 2 you suggested too.

Paranoia

Villager
Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
PC
Thanks Ivar! Now you made me curios. I think I will give Vivaldi a shot. (y)

Rastuasi

Grand Priest
Characters
Rastuasi, Dasudea, Teslatia
Platform
Android, PC
I use Brave browser, better than all above as no tracking and no ads by default.

Reactions: Paranoia
  • Wowx1

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I do like the concept of Brave, I just wish it wasn't Chromium-based since we really need more diversity in browser engines. Firefox is virtually the only browser on the market today not based on WebKit/Blink, whereas only 5 years ago there was way more variety out there.

Still, Brave is definitely worth a look - just be aware that all of its privacy-oriented features can also be set up in other browsers if you prefer the functionality, UI or philosophy of something like Firefox or Vivaldi.

Thanks Ivar! Now you made me curios. I think I will give Vivaldi a shot. (y)
Do try it out! It's a little slower and clunkier than its more well-known alternatives, but the customization is second to none and it's developed by the head of the original Opera browser, Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner. It's also set to receive a built-in native email client which I'm quite excited about!