Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, All,

All players for the next 24 hours will receive 1 Key of the Red Darrig. Just log in, and it will automatically be sent to you. :)

And for those who missed the stream earlier, here are some teasers for what's coming next in V&H:

triangle.jpg

fifthchild4.jpg

Recently in the Seven Realms, a significant event took place, an unusual phenomenon, which, while at first ominous, revealed itself to in fact be a portent of good and it became a day for celebration and rejoicing, not fear. The event was an eclipse. And though the world seemed briefly to have been drowned in darkness, when the warmth and brightness of the sun did again appear in the sky, it brought with it, too, the glorious arrival of the Shaman. A new era of hope and promise had begun.

Or so it seemed. There were some in the land, those well versed in old magics, who felt something shift, some imperceptible thing they could not name slip ever so slightly in those few moments of darkness brought on by the eclipse, as if the great force of the natural phenomenon had caused a fissure somewhere, a tearing of sorts, in the careful balance of the order of things. And in the days and weeks following the eclipse, though nothing precise could be articulated, strange occurrences began to take place around Ardent.

There were whispers of travelers on lonely roads who had mysteriously vanished. Or of loved ones who would go missing for days, only to reappear again much changed. Their minds, once sharp and clear, had grown muddled and terrified, they trembled in fear as if a great horror had descended upon their souls, as if they had witnessed unbearable sights which could not be unseen. Some would merely scream for hours at a time before falling into nightmare laden sleeps. Others would humm an eerie melody, a haunting tune, for days on end. And though there were some who did speak, their words, odd utterings, were cryptic and made little sense.

They spoke of a shimmering black triangle. Others whispered about a shadowy chasm, deep in the belly of the realm. Some made mention of a child, long absent, who had returned, yet had never left, they said. And still others would simply repeat a single word, over and over again, two syllables which struck fear into the hearts of all those who heard it: Mallok.

When the bizarre rumors reached Ardent Castle, the king sent out a group of his best heroes to determine the origin of these wild tales and to find out just what strange occurrence, if any, had been triggered by the eclipse. But none of the king’s heroes were ever seen or heard from again. Nor did the Black Thrush claim responsibility for the group’s disappearance as they usually did by leaving black feathers as tokens behind. The king’s group had last been seen on a rocky path, with a scenic view of the whole of the realm, and had seemingly vanished without a trace into the strange fog that day.

Another group of heroes was dispatched after them. Some weeks later, one of them, dying and badly beaten, a warrior, stumbled out of the fog. The lone survivor of his party, he had news for King Leo, and was desperate to deliver his message. The young man reached the castle, and collapsed in death, but not before his ominous words were heard by the king.

The warrior spoke of a secret entrance, an ancient door long hidden by dark magics which had been exposed by the eclipse. He whispered about a nightmarish nether region inside, a primordial chasm, which had been in existence among them all since as far back as the time of the Great Battle, when The Legendary Four and Mallok had all perished. But soon the young man’s words grew more jumbled as he tried to continue. He spoke of a vast dark triangle, pyramid-like in size, yet unending within, which housed horrors the likes of which he had never seen before.

At length, the dying warrior trailed off. His final murmured words were a warning: “The Fifth Child has returned, and must not be allowed to succeed...”

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (M Hunter), Shama Fisha (W Shaman), Accursed Angelfish (S Priest)
Platform
Steam
And after I spent all that time transcribing the text, too! lol

Thank you! Now I can work on more important things ... like deciphering this. I am curious (though I know you won't say - :p to Damon lol) if there is any similarity between the first image and the dream that the two Shaman Penn and Riona had ... and revealed to a little boy who so happens to be the only one who knows of it. hmmm

1585176174483.png

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
And after I spent all that time transcribing the text, too! lol
omg, I just saw the other thread -- I can't believe you transcribed all of that! That was amazing of you to do, and I feel terrible for not saying on the stream that I would be posting the text! I am so sorry! :oops: (And thank you for doing that!)

Regarding your other question....perhaps later I will let something slip. Maybe on, say, April 1. 😁

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
Sarah Otter and Damon, Thank you for such a wonderful live stream. Loved you two together. The story was superb, as usual, for Sarah storeis. You two brought, what I think was, some much needed fun and laughter into peoples lives as many of us are hold up in our houses. While informative, it also felt relaxed and made, at least me, feel like we all got a nice glimps into the daily life of you two. Thanks for spending the hour with us.

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Where is the bunny mount? I WANT TO SEE THE BUNNY MOUNT PLZ!

Reactions: Red Wizard
  • Hahax1

Jurksch

Hunter
Characters
Jurksch, Murksch, TiffanyWeh,
Platform
Android, PC
Thank you!!! Is Translation into german already in work? Otherwise I would offer to do so....

Reactions: Paranoia
  • Likex1

Argus

Grand Priest
Platform
Android
Does the bunny mount will be available in the item shop forever or will it be for a limited time like most of the event zone mount?

Roofles

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
Haha. The update has what looks to be necromancing magic... And fluffy bunnies.

Quite obvious that the bunnies are the true warriors of the 5th Child. I said it first

Boyfriend

Adventurer
Characters
Boyfriend
Platform
PC
will this mount be availabe to get for free in game or only for real cash ?

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
iOS
Sinjinykins u r not killing my RABBITS!

Argus

Grand Priest
Platform
Android
A
will this mount be availabe to get for free in game or only for real cash ?
As there is no ez so real money, probably they will give random gift of the mount to few players in server. I believe that what i hear on the video. Please correct me if i am wrong anyone.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
A

As there is no ez so real money, probably they will give random gift of the mount to few players in server. I believe that what i hear on the video. Please correct me if i am wrong anyone.
Perfectly correct. Only item shop. But, indeed, sign up for the free bunny giveaway and you might be one of the lucky Three on your server

Paranoia

Villager
Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
PC
How to sign up for the giveaway?

Reactions: Argus
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit!
View attachment 6576
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

SECOND BROTHER: And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
MAYNARD: Skip a bit, Brother.
SECOND BROTHER: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
iOS
Where is the thread for the Bunny Mount Lottery Giveaway?