Squonk

Master Villager
Characters
Squonk, Auburn Bow, Morgawa, Auburn Shade, Auburn Flame, Auburn Assassin, Medusala, Auburn Saint, +2
Platform
  1. PC
Solely for the rewards they give, but not even those make me do them daily - really not a fan of the timed aspect in content like the 95 elders, so hope that isn't added to more content :p

BEMAN

Arch Wizard
Characters
BEMAN TheIceKing and beman141
Platform
  1. iOS
Fun group content that (for some) gives a challange. Without raid, there is only one thing that kind of tests players and that is elders.
Fully maxed and good gear toons can just run trough it like its nothing tho.
I would skip the countdown thing, but rest is nice.
I like the step by step mechanics and you only need to fight a good battle to win. (Jadnica ofc).

If i could wish, i would like to see content like this but much harder. Like you need a group of 5-10 strong players that together move forward, and it should challange even the strongest of players. The reward should be smt like heroics in raid. Like 10 bosses you need to defeat. But some mechanics is involved that makes you to grind your way up. And only the strongest and most hard headed can get to the top.
But! You need that teamwork for you to get to the next boss. If you got a guild, some rewards share to the rest of the guild. So everyone who helps the fighters forward gets cred as well. Smt like that. A multi player effort for smt that gives all smt good. Maybe come up with smt that makes everyone in the guild to help out in some way.

If quarry was 50% harder and would give some loot to talk about, i would make it a daily run. Tho its like elders. Same,same,same. One singel run that takes 15 minutes. No next map or boss thats harder. The grind as of now is nice, you can go easy. But smt should exist that stays year around that needs time and multiplayer effort.

As of now, none is running quarry cuz there is nothing there to get. Deacent xp for low lvl players, but for end game content its not worth the time.

Reactions: Yuriza and Black_Cvlt
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Straight on elder fight is preferable; like the 85's are. Having them timed isn't as bad as having to get all the mobs in the 95's. (Often some players miss a mob or two and then cannot finish. That is frustrating. ) Having to tag a NPC that is really tiny when they are surrounded by a whole lot of players is usually why people miss mobs, they tag and get the quest last and some players are already in the midst of killing stuff.

Edit to add... I am mostly doing the elders for the recipe books that don't seem to drop as often as I'd like. The reward of a mount is a nice thing. And I do like the drops pf preparations... those are great!

Grumpy

Master Farmer
Characters
Oldman Oin, Bedevere, Nator, Shamus O'Toot, Farmer Brown
Platform
  1. PC
  2. Steam
95s do not have a boss that departs the field of battle and then has the melee fighters automatically try to follow them (and end up in the lava before they can target anything else). As a tortoise meat shield I do not like timers.

Anything that requires timing and accuracy tends to have problems when lag and latency increase

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta, F.Trunks, R.Braun, CauliflaTheMighty, Raingeta,Ultra, Historia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I mostly done elders for recipes and mounts but currently going run out of toons who desire items , I only have 1 toon left who just needs 4 mounts then I don't think I will go back afterwards since nothing left to get and the drop rates seem incredibly low when it takes 3 yrs to get anything.

L⠀⠀

Wizard
Characters
L (Fire), Death (Nature), Lilith (Shadow), Dragon (Fury) and Moon (Water)
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I run regularly 95's for several reasons, primarily because my guild host a daily run (Void Run), and I can say that the main reason for me is the ceremony.
Ceremony: The ceremony is those 30 minutes when we meet friends, community members, and new players, all ready for the same goal. It's a great way to interact with other players and strengthen the team spirit.

Competition: 95's provide a good challenge. The mechanics are fun, and testing skills and strategies daily keeps the game interesting and stimulating. Competition ends up becoming a natural consequence of this, and the parameter is the charts.

Rewards: The experience and additional resources I gain are essential for progressing in the game.

In my opinion, these are the main reasons that make 95's a popular and rewarding activity.

Reactions: Pieberry
  • Likex1

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
Last edited
The time trial and the rewards associated makes for an engaging experience. Take that away and you have a forgotten quarry. The timed aspect shouldn't be felt as diminishing its worth since you only fail a gold tier reward.

Reactions: Evanlyn and Drevinukas
  • Likex2

Drevinukas

Priest
Platform
  1. iOS
I like to power up my hero, and since there is no other option to get better parts, I have to go to lvl 95 elders. It's quite fun if you get a new recipe that makes you go there, but usually you don't get what you need, being for example a weapon master you get all the recipes for armor... I would like to be able to master all the master specializations in one hero, I would accept and pay for it, because if you have alts, you cannot transfer recipes to them because they are soulbound.

And now about the run itself, the players are quite friendly and nice, but that exact time makes some kind of shelves, because everyone is in a hurry and it happens that you run out of monsters and you don't get loot at all.

Running is quite confusing, if it's not other players it's not at all clear where to run or where the npc is standing, then I always try to follow other players :)

I would like either the ability to master all masteries, or an NPC from whom you could buy the recipes you need and sell the ones you don't need.

Reactions: Yuriza
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
My reasons:

1. because currently 95 is the max lvl and the best recipes & unique preps come from the 95 elders they are 100% required for any player to get the maximum power out of there toons currently available. New players to 95 need these boons and older more established players like myself can help them (what good would I be if I didn’t put my strong toon to use for others?)

2. a regular income of gold & motes is very useful for any projects I decided I want to do wether it’s saving to make my home interesting or changing my build it’s good to have resources ready to go.

3. the 95 elders are still some of the most interesting content in the game and totally unique. there a great training ground to hone my speed and pull skills by moving from group to group. Hox tests my defence well by using multiple different disruptive effects and jacinda is probably the best test in the game for observation and reaction. Bottom line I want to be the best tank I can be and the 95 elder runs definitely help me with that by challenging me in unique ways.

Reactions: Drevinukas
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie, Neither, Baa
Platform
  1. PC
Here’s a different (but relevant) viewpoint:

Once upon a time, I ran the 95 elders daily. I think I probably did this on one of my two maxed toons for roughly 2 years, maybe even longer. Now, I only run them once or twice a year. Neither of said toons has all of the mounts. (Neither one has Jacinda’s horse or the boar, and they both got frustrating, worthless, pointless duplicates a couple of times.) Between the two toons, I have most of my recipe needs covered.

The main reason why I don’t run them anymore is because I have other, better things to do with my time in game (often too many different things that I want to do in game, on one toon or another!), and they lost their appeal many years ago. To be quite honest, I stopped finding them FUN long ago! Yes, those first-ever 95 elder runs were a bonding experience, and we shared a lot with each other and really went out of our way to help each other despite limited resources (for example, the first person to get loot drop recipes for a class/subclass often made gear for all the regulars in the group), but they were a bit traumatic, too! It’s hard to consider something “fun” when your negative memories or associations with an event or activity outweigh the positive ones (or at least loom large), regardless of how many you have of each.

When running the 95 elders started feeling more like “work” rather than “play”, I had enough of what I most needed from them, and I felt that one more run was going to cause me to lose my sanity (or what little I have left), I stopped attending the regular runs. I’ll start going again once my wizzie gets to end game, but that shouldn’t happen for at least another 4-6 months, if not longer. She’ll do those runs at least long enough to get two full sets of elder frags (which used to take weeks!), but after that point, I don’t know how appealing I’ll find them, even after such a long break. Yes, the gold you can earn from those runs is nice, but if you don’t have any interest in the runs themselves, the rewards don’t matter one bit! :(

Firebird

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
I run them for motes, recipes and gold. My alts don't have all the recipes yet and so many duplicates are annoying. I prefer the elders from lvl80 - 95 to most other content , some raids come close but for me they beat content like quarry and tempest (which I find boring and annoying), for their originality. When I have most of the recipes I need I will probably only go occasionally to help.

Sunder

Citizen
I don't go to the 95 elders because they are the only way to get some recipes and I resent that so I refuse! (Holds up protest sign!) :sneaky:

I think a big part of why so many do them daily is because they are the only way to get certain drops and they are willing to do the grind for those items (mounts/recipes the big 2?) and that is fine.

However as others have brought up many times before, the villagers of the game do not have a way to get rewards like this, and that is a shame. If the recipes could be obtained in another way for those who have done the crafting/gear grind, that would also probably be very popular. Maybe this is a ridiculous idea but couldn't there be daily villager events? (Not that I've ever played other games but... yes there can be! ;)).

I'm not suggesting that current content/95 elders be changed but, for future content, would love to see multiple paths to rewards. Grindy is ok but not always combat needed.

Thanks for asking, Damon!

Nashty

Legendary Hero
Characters
Nashty, windmixture
I run for the rewards mostly. I love gold and primals. The challenge is a lot of fun and being timed with certain criteria to meet, it makes it so much better than just smacking one boss in place.

Reactions: Pieberry
  • Likex1
Platform
  1. PC
I run them because I like running with the groups :) I love helping others to get it their first time - and then the dragon parade afterwards. During raid season, I'm usually doing those and not the 95s so much.... but, it's for the same reason - I like running in groups and helping people to achieve their goals during the raid season :)

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

GoGoGadget

Servant of Mallok
Characters
GoGoGadgetGo
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
95s elders are interesting just for what they give. Aka the recipies, quite good amount of gold and those mounts. And for some people its also way to show theyre build superiority aka win the charts. So as summary "Any content that has some inteteresting reward will be popular."

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I haven’t played in a while and haven’t run 95s in possibly a year… but 95s is one of the only group content things in game I enjoy.

Contrary to what others are saying I actually prefer the timer. It gives meaning to running. You can’t just sit there and twiddle your fingers and push a feat here and there. You have to try. One thing I dislike about raids is the amount of time it takes and how many times you have to do it to get rewards. For me elders is the perfect balance of challenging content that is rewarding.

Rewards are decent. The gold/xp alone is great. I wish we had a way to trade in recipes we get for ones we don’t have but it is what it is.the mounts were a great bonus too. Now if we could get weapon/outfit looks that would be great 😉
I honestly hope you bring in another group of elders similar to 95s. I personally think it was a great way to keep players in game once they hit lvl cap. It kept me around a good while.

WaveChild

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Wave Child, Flame Child, Arimicha, Rasmin the Bold, & Lady Light Caster
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I run them daily because my guild runs them. I like group content and they are challenging. The rewards are ok though getting duplicates I can’ t use of recipes or mounts is really frustrating. The only thing I don’t like is they don’t feel like end game content since there are four of them. Other than my drake parade Yay US3, even the first time didn’t feel like the end of anything. The grind to open the bounty lands took so long I forgot about how horrible the bounty hunters had been in the marshlands (since there’s little mention of them during the 95 quests as far as I can remember) so killing them wasn’t as satisfying as killing Lord P was (and still is even at 95 when I can solo him.)

I like the mechanics for the fight, except for the decreased time between clone spawning at Jacinda — I would change that.

Reactions: Yuriza
  • Likex1