Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I wonder if we could just go to the next zone but not start the quest until we were 80 would that maybe help a bit with the frustration… idk.
Yes, I think quests could remain level-locked, but not maps. Being able to open and explore new maps and challenge mobs/bounties above our current combat level, will not only add more variety... it will also challenge us to build our strongest characters and gear, to forge ahead. This, combined with scaled content in the Arcane Rift, Blackfury Gorge and the Realm Wardens... would go a long way, towards alleviating the bottleneck for 75+ players.

Ipshoo

Reader
Characters
Ipshoo
Platform
PC
Almost lvl 81, almost. Had to clear bounties in The Rye ( with pie ) multiple times, cleared bounties in Copse 9 times ( still didnt complete Undying Melody for Copse ) Unable to solo Tomb and rage quit area at ledge towards end. Killed bounties in Collie a bunch also. This is such a tedious grind. If not for awesome generous guildies would have rage quit before getting 1000 medallions in Pyrron. Please add content to these areas. Now days of bounties in Darlrey and Rye ( again ) to hit lvl 82 to move on. At least the dailys here are 200K so they feel worth doing. Please tell me if I stay the course and continue the mind numbing grind things will get better at lvl 85.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Almost lvl 81, almost. Had to clear bounties in The Rye ( with pie ) multiple times, cleared bounties in Copse 9 times ( still didnt complete Undying Melody for Copse ) Unable to solo Tomb and rage quit area at ledge towards end. Killed bounties in Collie a bunch also. This is such a tedious grind. If not for awesome generous guildies would have rage quit before getting 1000 medallions in Pyrron. Please add content to these areas. Now days of bounties in Darlrey and Rye ( again ) to hit lvl 82 to move on. At least the dailys here are 200K so they feel worth doing. Please tell me if I stay the course and continue the mind numbing grind things will get better at lvl 85.
Yes, things will get better... :)👇
  • At 86, you'll open Turnapin Peak.
  • At 87, you'll open Gotrin Passage.
  • At 88, you'll open Zorian Marsh.
  • At 90, you'll open Blight Bay... and there are about 50 bounties on each Island and numerous quests.
I now have so much to do in the Blighted Isles, that I don't have time to finish all my bounties each day. So, please hang in there Ipshoo and use Pies, Gobs for extra exp... Bounty Hunter Marks for extra exp and double Medallions. 🤩👍

Reactions: Ipshoo
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Yes, things will get better... :)👇
  • At 86, you'll open Turnapin Peak.
  • At 87, you'll open Gotrin Passage.
  • At 88, you'll open Zorian Marsh.
  • At 90, you'll open Blight Bay... and there are about 50 bounties on each Island and numerous quests.
I now have so much to do in the Blighted Isles, that I don't have time to finish all my bounties each day. So, please hang in there Ipshoo and use Pies, Gobs for extra exp... Bounty Hunter Marks for extra exp and double Medallions. 🤩👍
Yes 85 to 91 is pretty quick but then you come to the famous road to do the last rb or not! I instruct my guild to wait to 95. Most efficient and if you do the chapter quest correctly to chapter 20, just easy to get the meds. Rep isn’t important, since your coming back anyways for the rb but you have the extra exp bonus.. (yes I’m sure someone has an opinion to object my 95 rb, it’s not the point). Point is 91 to 95 is just as bad of a grind of waiting around in the same areas to unlock the outter islands. Limited at best in the beginning.

Only one way to get quicker meds available But you have to have gardening and ranching at 95, which you then unlock death Blight area first with the free meds giving to you for reaching. Then see the npc in the death area there that rewards you, then rb. When you come back to 90 do the same thing as before and you ll be golden.

Other then that more med grinding and questing makes it slow progress again, and then you hit 95 with 16 daily quests of repeating every day.. why some 95 pack it in. End game isn’t there.

Seems like there is a pattern.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Other than vanity, the only reason to rebirth is the extra talent points. If you have made it to 95 it seems you may not gain anything from rebirth unless additional levels are added or the talent tree is changed.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Multiple- see below
Platform
iOS
The general theme here seems to be that devs can do plenty to improve that part of the game by just modifying content that already exists, rather than having to create entirely new side zones or quest lines. I really hope that this gets attention before devs even begin consider adding another level cap increase.
One other thing to add here: for all leveling purposes, why not create an option to have raids give combat xp comparable to regular zones? In a related Discord discussion today, I heard that the dungeons used to be a fun source of xp on the side, to help make tough level grinds more fun. However, raids give puny combat xp even if you buy the raid vendor boosts. (In my mind, the other three boost types are worth the ducats, but the xp ones are a total waste.) That’s good if you want to linger at a new armor/ weapon level to raid as long as possible, but not otherwise. It would also give 95s a way to work on elder levels outside of blight.

Ipshoo

Reader
Characters
Ipshoo
Platform
PC
Hit lvl 82, cleared all the quests I can, did bounties twice and now at 60%. So back to the Rye and other zones I have killed bounties over a dozen times. Devs! PLEASE at least implent kill ALL bounty quests with BIG XP and make it a daily thing. Even the existing dailys, make the XP reward increase with each completion. How do people less stubborn than me make it through 75-85?Or each time all bounties are killed the XP also goes up. Something needs to happen here, seriously. I commend all you die hards ahead of me who have made it through this disheartening grind with no reward other than hit another zone and keep grinding. *bows to anyone above lvl 85*

~1 rb at 30, lvl 82 hoping I can eventually get to 85

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Hit lvl 82, cleared all the quests I can, did bounties twice and now at 60%. So back to the Rye and other zones I have killed bounties over a dozen times. Devs! PLEASE at least implent kill ALL bounty quests with BIG XP and make it a daily thing. Even the existing dailys, make the XP reward increase with each completion. How do people less stubborn than me make it through 75-85?Or each time all bounties are killed the XP also goes up. Something needs to happen here, seriously. I commend all you die hards ahead of me who have made it through this disheartening grind with no reward other than hit another zone and keep grinding. *bows to anyone above lvl 85*

A long time ago before there was a zone past the Rye, the xp for the cap was a lot more than it is now. They reduced it when the new zones were added. It's not as hard as it used to be, now there are a huge amount of xp boosters you can use if you want to get there fast :)

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Last edited
A long time ago before there was a zone past the Rye, the xp for the cap was a lot more than it is now. They reduced it when the new zones were added. It's not as hard as it used to be, now there are a huge amount of xp boosters you can use if you want to get there fast :)
Was time when the sky were much blue and orcs were much green. That not solved the problem of lack of the content 75-90. 56-75 was a best part of the game that I saw and that how I see that game at all. I am enjoy the storyline of 75-90 even with that leap of time with a little princess, but that part of the game is most empty and boring. And Zorian 3-day debuff is the worst solution how to slow players progress that I am saw in my 20+ years of playing MMO. That really very offend move. And I want say more - that the mountain top of the worst game solution I ever seen and now I can set that as an example to the others how never must be.

Ice Hands

Priest
Characters
Ice Hands (aka ice)
Platform
PC
As a Guild Leader I tend to notice when player retention begins to dwindle. Why do members who used to log in daily for multiple hours suddenly only appear for quick spurts of questing before logging off again? This can occur at various points of the game, but it almost always hits at a specific level range recently: Level 75 - 85.

In April of last year I started a similar thread Level 78 - 90 Content Needs Help which touched on some of the same points I will bring up here. Since then, the level 80+ level requirements were cut and the developers added daily quests to those zones as well. I applaud them for this, as it has made a difference. Unfortunately, I am here to express that it was not enough.

I still notice player activity drop off as soon as they finish Pyrron and enter Coille, and eventually some stop logging in altogether. We can fix this fairly easily though with a few changes:

Coille Dailies

My level 78 Water Shaman requires 22 million experience to progress to the next level, but the subsequent zones are gated until I finish a certain number of daily quests in Bevyn's Coille. Dailies function similar to bounties in that you can only do a limited number per day if you're after currency like Medallions or in this case, Lampkin Totems. One important difference though, is that bounties not only provide currency but experience, so players feel as if they are progressing in multiple avenues. The daily quests in Bevyn's Coille only provide a measly 6,000 experience for me.
View attachment 10710
Thus, I would need to do over 3,000 daily quests to gain a level. After you collect your required 36 totems you are able to donate extras to an NPC called Lil Pip to earn 90,000 experience per totem. This was designed back when Bevyn's Coille was endgame content, and it's time to rectify it.

Suggestion: Remove Lil Pip and simply increase the amount of experience earned for completing dailies from 6,000 to 150,000 each. Players would be able to earn over 5 million experience collecting their required dailies that way. Recall that my character at level 78 needs 22 million experience to level up. This should apply to the dailies in Copse of the Treants as well, increase the experience reward!

Arcane Rift of Pyrron

The Arcane Rift of Pyrron is a level 75 zone containing 13 well crafted bosses. This zone tends to be a one-and-done area where players collect the quest, kill the enemies and never return. I would suggest scaling the zone and turning the current quest into a weekly one, which provides a good chunk of experience. This will bring level 75 - 95 players together once a week for some fun times smashing bosses. An easy way to use existing content to fill the drought.

Maldwyn's Tomb & Gortrin Passage

A couple more cleverly designed zone that players tend to enjoy running in groups once in a while. Scaling these areas would provide a change of pace from bounty runs and daily quests. This means players have a variety of options for their progression - bounties, dailies, quests, group bosses (Rift), group zones (Tombs). Due to the linear nature of the content at this phase, giving players additional options goes a long way towards reducing burnout.

Experience Requirements

The experience requirements were cut from level 80 to 90 but level 75 to 80 was left untouched if I'm not mistaken. I would suggest cutting the experience requirements in this range as well.
Recently got to level 79, I am leveling up in Rye, the daily quests give 200k exp. :)

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS

Challenge accepted and here is my progress report:

My toon has ardent Society and a broom that goes over water and jumping boots but I’d decided to do no rbs and experience the reverse rb.

lvl 1 to 45 was easy enough and took 2 weeks of causal playing here and there

lvl 45 to 75 took 3 weeks of a few hours a day to progress and the meds where harsh but pinbone was my saving grace for the 1000 meds for the key.

elders 10 to 75 - I did lvl 10, 20 and 30 solo and the rest my guild members helped out and a few nice individuals coming to help when I asked in wc.

It’s taken me 5 weeks on my alt to go from 76 to 84. The ez came up and has been decent enough for me to help but again a few bounties a day isn’t comparable to maybe an additional 40 bounties. The new daily quests are ok but small in exp.

raids: got all silver and some gold but is really tough for the gold tier even witha
Moderate build it was really tough to get good gold run without dying.. but the exp I gained wasnt worth the investment and time compared to one daily quest in rye.

Conclusion: so is this really worth trying to ignore this issues and leave out? No definitely not since in my experience It takes me just as as the same amount time to do 75 levels with no rbs then it is to do 7 levels.. usually games Ive experienced it’s more like a few weeks then a month..

Well I wish some more can experience this and I can see why people want to just pack it in. Had to do multiple areas over 6 to 10 times and tombs solo was near to impossible for the group bounties.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Klinger
Platform
iOS, PC
Challenge accepted and here is my progress report:

My toon has ardent Society and a broom that goes over water and jumping boots but I’d decided to do no rbs and experience the reverse rb.

lvl 1 to 45 was easy enough and took 2 weeks of causal playing here and there

lvl 45 to 75 took 3 weeks of a few hours a day to progress and the meds where harsh but pinbone was my saving grace for the 1000 meds for the key.

elders 10 to 75 - I did lvl 10, 20 and 30 solo and the rest my guild members helped out and a few nice individuals coming to help when I asked in wc.

It’s taken me 5 weeks on my alt to go from 76 to 84. The ez came up and has been decent enough for me to help but again a few bounties a day isn’t comparable to maybe an additional 40 bounties. The new daily quests are ok but small in exp.

raids: got all silver and some gold but is really tough for the gold tier even witha
Moderate build it was really tough to get good gold run without dying.. but the exp I gained wasnt worth the investment and time compared to one daily quest in rye.

Conclusion: so is this really worth trying to ignore this issues and leave out? No definitely not since in my experience It takes me just as as the same amount time to do 75 levels with no rbs then it is to do 7 levels.. usually games Ive experienced it’s more like a few weeks then a month..

Well I wish some more can experience this and I can see why people want to just pack it in. Had to do multiple areas over 6 to 10 times and tombs solo was near to impossible for the group bounties.
all of my alts are stopping at bevynns, and the only reason my first toon is past rye is because event zones over the last two years…. Plus pyrron… which is fun, dont change that.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1