sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
These do not equal to 5 times. This is where your mistake is. Players will repeat zones until they can successfully complete the next higher zone. The amount is dependent upon the player. If, for example, a zone is run 3 times, then after 1RB 1-2 times, then after that only 1 time that is a total of 7-8 times during the course of 5RB. If you are only thinking of the nearly maxed player doing their last RB you are not thinking of the players who use those zones to level. It really does not matter if a maxed player can run a zone only once, or even skip some, the fact remains that taking these zones from new players would be a problem for them. If we lose our low level and new players how do you expect the game to survive?
In any case, the problem isn't so much that the grind of those levels is terrible, it is the fact that there is not much else to do. I have always thought the game would be much better if it focused more on the village side than more forms of combat.
I feel like your missing the point and talking the same language. Repeat I’m NOT proposing to take away anything from low levels! There isn’t much to do because they took away dungeons that where one of the best substitutes for exp! Raids don’t do it. Hence someone in the post mentioned that.

Here:

Verda and old verda - lvl 33 area can be turned to lvl 20 to 21 with 14 bounties in total.

Travern basement and golden vale - lvl 29 to 32 areas can be turned into lvl 22 to 25 areas with 28 bounties in total.

Rack one peak and caves - lvl 32 to 32 areas can be turned into lvl 26 to 27 with 24 bounties.

That’s 63 bounties that can be lvls 20 to 26 with side quests!

Slopes and swamps have a total of 64 bounties at lvls 20 to 26, with similar side quests.

So there is plenty for low levels and in fact more then any other levels right now if you add up all the side quests.. plus the devs don’t have to make new zones!! Wooooo win!!!

So is taking away the slopes for higher lvl players vs the new proposal I have going affect anyone low level? Nope not one bit!

Reactions: Jacinta
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I feel like your missing the point and talking the same language. Repeat I’m NOT proposing to take away anything from low levels! There isn’t much to do because they took away dungeons that where one of the best substitutes for exp! Raids don’t do it. Hence someone in the post mentioned that.

Here:

Verda and old verda - lvl 33 area can be turned to lvl 20 to 21 with 14 bounties in total.

Travern basement and golden vale - lvl 29 to 32 areas can be turned into lvl 22 to 25 areas with 28 bounties in total.

Rack one peak and caves - lvl 32 to 32 areas can be turned into lvl 26 to 27 with 24 bounties.

That’s 63 bounties that can be lvls 20 to 26 with side quests!

Slopes and swamps have a total of 64 bounties at lvls 20 to 26, with similar side quests.

So there is plenty for low levels and in fact more then any other levels right now if you add up all the side quests.. plus the devs don’t have to make new zones!! Wooooo win!!!

So is taking away the slopes for higher lvl players vs the new proposal I have going affect anyone low level? Nope not one bit!
How do these changes help level 29 - 33 players? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Once and for all, no one is arguing that it might be beneficial to add new content for levels 75 - 90.

As a matter of fact, one of the reasons there are so many bounties in zones like Greengate, Forever Advent and Hungry Troll Cave to name just a few is because a few years back people were complaining how slow the level 30 - 40 "grind" was (and this is before rebirth even existed).

What we are saying is there is no good reason why that should be achieved by removing content from lower levels (and despite your protestations to the reverse, taking a large zone like Slopes of Grogul from the 20 - 30 range and making it 75 - 90 is removing content from the 20 - 30 range).

Reactions: Anthem and Catori
  • Likex2

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Once and for all, no one is arguing that it might be beneficial to add new content for levels 75 - 90.

As a matter of fact, one of the reasons there are so many bounties in zones like Greengate, Forever Advent and Hungry Troll Cave to name just a few is because a few years back people were complaining how slow the level 30 - 40 "grind" was (and this is before rebirth even existed).

What we are saying is there is no good reason why that should be achieved by removing content from lower levels (and despite your protestations to the reverse, taking a large zone like Slopes of Grogul from the 20 - 30 range and making it 75 - 90 is removing content from the 20 - 30 range).
The reason is the devs have said in a live feed that adding additional content right now to anything is going to be a no if it requires a lot of resources and time. So in a nutshell a suggestion to improve in what already exists is what they would like to hear.
Trust me on this, if we can add in additional zones that’s great, but for now to re range areas for levels is the best solution if they would consider it.
Again might taking 64 bounties but I suggested some areas that added to 63 bounties to supply the lose. So in affect no one is losing out with a re arrangement. Again no lose at all!!
Again the 30 to 40 areas would have a storyline additional content to boost the lose of exp. or the side quests are now boosted in exp.
I shouldn’t have to keep repeating points I’ve already laid out. If you look at the posts I’ve written and others it’s a plan that everyone in the game wins without adding additional content which I’m sure the developers would see as an opportunity.

Reactions: Jacinta
  • Lovex1

Jacinta

Citizen
Platform
PC
WOW!!!!! 😍😍 I would love a new storyline after Abeerdeens Caves. :D

I am a low level player with no Ardent Society with a really slow mount I call Eeyore, and I am sorry but its very over whelming figuring out where to go in the game map!:mad: Simply put, I would love more questline and side quest content to show me how to get to places in a line order then what is currently in place after the quest ends, which is sloppy since I have to go to one point of the game map to the other point game map.:cautious: For those who have forgotten, no Ardent Society means teleporting costs in game gold, which includes going back to my neglected house. Not fun :cry:

Personally I never ventured off the questline, and did fine and dandy, added in a few deaths here and there :ROFLMAO:, however I got up to level 32 by my lonesome self:geek:, ok I confess I sometimes waited for other people to port to these areas and tag teamed, but I did help ;). Well anyways, these areas mentioned, mean nothing to me because I didn't venture there at all, since the questline stuck to the areas I needed to go. Maybe I am not doing it right? 🤷‍♀️ So I really am not getting this repeated fuss about someone that wants to help all by rearranging some zones around that honestly seems more logistically sensible. Be easy on purse for us none Ardent Society members, and the horror to leave us hanging with King Leos madness :oops:.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC

I am a low level player with no Ardent Society with a really slow mount I call Eeyore, and I am sorry but its very over whelming figuring out where to go in the game map!:mad: Simply put, I would love more questline and side quest content to show me how to get to places in a line order then what is currently in place after the quest ends, which is sloppy since I have to go to one point of the game map to the other point game map.:cautious: For those who have forgotten, no Ardent Society means teleporting costs in game gold, which includes going back to my neglected house. Not fun :cry:

Personally I never ventured off the questline, and did fine and dandy, added in a few deaths here and there :ROFLMAO:, however I got up to level 32 by my lonesome self:geek:, ok I confess I sometimes waited for other people to port to these areas and tag teamed, but I did help ;). Well anyways, these areas mentioned, mean nothing to me because I didn't venture there at all, since the questline stuck to the areas I needed to go. Maybe I am not doing it right? 🤷‍♀️ So I really am not getting this repeated fuss about someone that wants to help all by rearranging some zones around that honestly seems more logistically sensible. Be easy on purse for us none Ardent Society members, and the horror to leave us hanging with King Leos madness :oops:.
Just saying someone with out the A.S is most likely going to need to utilize those areas to lvl with the main quest unless you want to die at every mob. 😂😂 yes I have had the membership in the past but as of right now I don’t. The alt I’m lvling has already had to venture to those one off zones so she can run through some of the main story line without dying at every mob and she’s on her third RB. Also to get better gear or have more to choose from. There’s a reason why some players are against it. When you look at the bigger picture not just personal experience those zones come in handy. They don’t lvl people so far ahead of the story line that everything’s a cake walk. If anything they even up the playing field and make a more enjoyable game experience early on.

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Just saying someone with out the A.S is most likely going to need to utilize those areas to lvl with the main quest unless you want to die at every mob. 😂😂 yes I have had the membership in the past but as of right now I don’t. The alt I’m lvling has already had to venture to those one off zones so she can run through some of the main story line without dying at every mob and she’s on her third RB. Also to get better gear or have more to choose from. There’s a reason why some players are against it. When you look at the bigger picture not just personal experience those zones come in handy. They don’t lvl people so far ahead of the story line that everything’s a cake walk. If anything they even up the playing field and make a more enjoyable game experience early on.
And doing the end of Pyron to blight bay is enjoyable right now?

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Last edited

try this post on the forums.

It will be helpful for you to do zones off the questline. Look for zones you can open near to where you have already been and at least get the pad there. There are several zones not included in the questline but still needed for leveling.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
And doing the end of Pyron to blight bay is enjoyable right now?
I gave a solution in a previous post. That doesn’t take away from lower lvls. But utilizes those zones so devs aren’t creating side zones from scratch. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I enjoy all of pyrron I don’t even mind collie it’s 80 thru 90 that’s the headache.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
A simple solution that would not take away from other levels is to add more bounties to the 75-85 zones. An easier way to do this is to make ladder(s) in those zones which can be a reasonable copy of existing ladder(s). These could be solo or group, Players seem to like these ladders so it also gives those level players something special to look forward to.

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
A simple solution that would not take away from other levels is to add more bounties to the 75-85 zones. An easier way to do this is to make ladder(s) in those zones which can be a reasonable copy of existing ladder(s). These could be solo or group, Players seem to like these ladders so it also gives those level players something special to look forward to.
Ladders require teams of players to complete the bosses. Rift and tombs are two areas that are already set up to have this opportunity that should be unlocked to do all levels pass 75 but again that requires a team to do. How fair is it for a solo player?

Are we all at 75 or 95 going back to grogal? No, Or we trying to persevere it for lower players? Why them? Why can’t we all enjoy it? Unlock it for anyone and everyone so it’s like an event zone? Let’s do that and then throw in tombs and rift as a free for all too for all levels pass 74.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Ladders require teams of players to complete the bosses. Rift and tombs are two areas that are already set up to have this opportunity that should be unlocked to do all levels pass 75 but again that requires a team to do. How fair is it for a solo player?
I did say solo or group. It is in the design as to which method is used, possibly using different paths. This suggestion is for level 75-85. It would not be ideal for level 95 players but they could of course participate. Rift and Tombs are great areas and very popular but more is needed for level for 75- 85 players.
This is where some of the former player suggestions could shine. There have been many wonderful suggestions (and certainly more to come) for ways to make combat battles more 'interesting'. For the most part I oppose these ideas for the lower/new toons but would welcome them for higher level content.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I feel like there are good points on both sides of this discussion and I agree that the best solution would be a few new maps for 75-85 zones... but if our Devs don't have the time/resources for that right now, then I'd really like to see the Arcane Rift and Blackfury Gorge turned into scaled zones for 75-95... and I'd like to see the Realm Wardens made useful again, by having them give scaled experience and rare loot drops. Players might actually have fun hunting Realm Wardens, if they gave good exp and loot. 🙂

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I feel like there are good points on both sides of this discussion and I agree that the best solution would be a few new maps for 75-85 zones... but if our Devs don't have the time/resources for that right now, then I'd really like to see the Arcane Rift and Blackfury Gorge turned into scaled zones for 75-95... and I'd like to see the Realm Wardens made useful again, by having them give scaled experience and rare loot drops. Players might actually have fun hunting Realm Wardens, if they gave good exp and loot. 🙂
Realm Wardens and BFG are great ideas for this content. They re already developed and underused. Devs could put an entry into BFG in one of the 75-85 zones and add more content to freshen it up a bit. It really was a great zone for events and just having fun. The rift is another underused area that could be scaled for higher level content. I would like to see teleporters added because it is a real pain to run all the way back. Maybe rope swings and we would need to jump off at the right level? of course maybe not due to lag. I have a fondness for rope swings and such from childhood and I would love to see some elements added just for whimsey.
Back in the day before they were nerfed Wardens gave very nice jewelry. I would like to see this type of drop for this content added back into the game, if feasible.
75-85 takes a long time to run thru, and rather than a hurry up, I wonder what could be done to make the time more pleasant rather than faster?

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Ipshoo

Reader
Characters
Ipshoo
Platform
PC
The grind continues:
Finished The Rye, and barely lvl 78 so now just grind to 80 to open Dartrey Woods. *sighs*

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
The grind continues:
Finished The Rye, and barely lvl 78 so now just grind to 80 to open Dartrey Woods. *sighs*
Not sure I understand the problem here. One zone is not designed to give you enough xp to level up to next zone. You can return to Bevyns Coille, Copse and Maldwyns Tomb as well as repeating Rye several times over a few days to advance. I can’t think of anywhere in the game that you can really increase a level per zone let alone two. Devs would be hard pressed to create enough content to allow that. Since I don’t play other games I don’t know if a run in a zone to level to the next zone is a realistic expectation.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Not sure I understand the problem here. One zone is not designed to give you enough xp to level up to next zone. You can return to Bevyns Coille, Copse and Maldwyns Tomb as well as repeating Rye several times over a few days to advance. I can’t think of anywhere in the game that you can really increase a level per zone let alone two. Devs would be hard pressed to create enough content to allow that. Since I don’t play other games I don’t know if a run in a zone to level to the next zone is a realistic expectation.
I don't think anyone expects to earn enough exp in one map, to gain a level... I think our frustration comes from being unable to unlock and challenge the maps ahead of us. Being forced to go back and repeat maps that are now below our current level and award less experience for our efforts, is frustrating. I hope the Devs will consider removing the level locks and allow us to move forward at our own pace. At Zorian Marsh, we're literally forced to wait for THREE DAYS while Lysander heals, before we can progress... then, if we're not 90 yet... we're told to get to 90 before we can move forward. Our progress is stalled for at least 3-4 days (more, if we're not using combat exp buffs). It's disappointing, frustrating and ridiculous. I'm sure we're losing players over this and I hope our Devs will implement some of the ideas in this thread. 😖

Reactions: Ipshoo
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
The lack of a cohesive game design has created this problem. First we hurry to end game, then we have nothing much to do but gather/craft/ or RB... unless you've done all that. Then an alt.... and so on. This game is a race to the finish, with very little other engaging or meaningful content available. It would be better to introduce content unrelated to combat that could be enjoyed and give the game something more.
When I started playing V&H I was impressed. The Devs were willing to take risks and to do things in their own way. Now they are simply playing 'follow the leader'. The game has lost everything that had made it special and unique (other that we don't have pvp, which I believe would be too difficult to add with the team dev team we have now).
To be fair I still believe in this game and the devs. I am certain the motivation and desire is there but shortcuts are being taken because doing anything well takes planning and time.
Hopefully something will come of the QOL update.