Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Glacier, Scab, Drakzy, Ground Pounder.
Platform
  1. PC
it seems almost every single time i solo cata at gold or higher i get Iccrus the most time consuming boss in the cata raid ok thats bad huh nope what is bad is Joth is still going invincible get him all the way to 2% and imagine that in seconds hes back at full hp. Cata is just wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!!!! last season was full of the same issues people brought to your attention but this season every single one of them are still happening. i just love wasting my time on a raid just to find out that its not gonna happen, great way to spend my day off!!!!

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I consider Thames more time consuming than Icarus as he goes immune an extra time as for joth he is definitely a pain for lower dps melee toons on account of the hard to play around healing mechanic.
due to the random nature of the raid sometimes it was to the wire and other times I had 5 min to spare when I climbed it last season.

I found the quick ones where puzzle not shifters,Icarus not Thames and twins not joth.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Glacier, Scab, Drakzy, Ground Pounder.
Platform
  1. PC
I consider Thames more time consuming than Icarus as he goes immune an extra time as for joth he is definitely a pain for lower dps melee toons on account of the hard to play around healing mechanic.
due to the random nature of the raid sometimes it was to the wire and other times I had 5 min to spare when I climbed it last season.

I found the quick ones where puzzle not shifters,Icarus not Thames and twins not joth.
im not a low dps and no stranger to the raid mechs there was nothing to be done i tried everything had him down several times and bam he was right back at full or almost full hp in seconds

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
ive never seen a bug that extreme on him (only thing I have seen is if you let his healers build up his healing will far surpass most players damage output including my own) I do confess it sounded like an exaggeration but I’m sure if It’s not Than a bug report will get the job done. Forum is ineffective to report stuff like this.

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
im not a low dps and no stranger to the raid mechs there was nothing to be done i tried everything had him down several times and bam he was right back at full or almost full hp in seconds
Sometimes there's no winning him especially if he gets that massive (sometimes starts at 100% hp) + arcane enchanted mod. Otherwise you need to go full dps on him and stand next to the healers asap, swap gears for this match if you have to. Worked for me.

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1

Grafire

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Grafire, Swift Justice, Surger, Dark Rites, Nocked
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
  3. Steam
I had this twice today. Both times Solo Plat. My toon does well above average DPS.
I had purchased the raid damage buff both times. The first time I got him to 28% and was not prepared for the healer. I ended up killing all of the healers many times, but there was no way to wear him down. I bug reported while in the raid after 6 minutes.
The second time, I came with reinforcements. EZ Cherry Topped Sunday, EZ Grape Lolly pop and 95 Gralla Seed. He had the Massive affix (luckily he started at 66%). I bribed the two healers with the treats, and killed him when they were in a sugar coma!
Massive on this boss is insane. Most average and above raiders would have extreme difficulty and just give up.

Reactions: Tareco
  • Sadx1

Z e r o

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
Last edited
Guys, I don't know if this will help you. I throw the fire mage, it is quite possible to walk past him without thinking too much about healers, move him to one of the doors to the north of the room. Healers tend to appear later, which ends up taking your target away, and I use a mix of skills that focus on single target damage , both fire and ice, after all, in the raid your mastery value and buffed even more platinum+, your mechanics of using area damage to make healers liable to receive damage is very complicated but I found it that way you can use the "MO" to attract the target of the attackers but it is inconsistent

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. iOS
As a fire wiz if I had Joth with arcane or massive I had to restart the raid. I could never have completed Plat with either of those two affixes and the resulting healers.
Arcane + Massive is also a /restart on solo Water Shaman wherever it’s encountered, not just on Joth. The way I figure it, “sometimes, you just can’t win” and that means getting jackpotted by a ‘deadly affix combo’… but least I can restart without cooldown, right?

Reactions: Balic Alistane
  • Likex1

poynerj

Lumineer
Characters
tera, tera2, dhara, ryhn, Brave Sir Robin
Platform
  1. iOS
As a wind sham, I've climbed to the top of the charts and needed to reconfigure a few times to continue the ascent. Though I grow from the challenges, joth's demons heal far too much too quickly for a reasonable/fun challenge.

Doorena

Squirrel
Characters
Doorena (fire wizard), Tahana (holy priest), Liza Doorlittle (earth shaman)
Platform
  1. iOS
Agreed, you know the raid is over when you hit Jothtech and a massive and/or magic resist affix. There's fun in a challenge but this is an inevitable loss. I don't bother with catas much because of that.

poynerj

Lumineer
Characters
tera, tera2, dhara, ryhn, Brave Sir Robin
Platform
  1. iOS
Agreed, you know the raid is over when you hit Jothtech and a massive and/or magic resist affix. There's fun in a challenge but this is an inevitable loss. I don't bother with catas much because of that.
Agreed. Even when I'm lucky enough to do enough crits to take down a massive joth (with many healers), I still run out of time. I need to boost the raid with damage and speed just to finish with no joth, so it really irks to lose that investment when he shows up "massively".