Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Jacinda seems to be the only elder (at least on EU1) where achieving Gold rewards are quite RNG based, and more often than not we end up with silver tier. I'm just curious how others view her. Is she fine? Fun? Do you like her mechanics?

I personally think the idea is good but the execution is poor (after the 10% health left mark, when she keeps constantly using her mechanic (every 10 seconds or so)). I'd prefer either a better tell mechanic or more time at the end of the fight to find the correct one. What do you think?

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I completely agree, it's just crazy at the end, we have gotten gold at least 2 times on US2, but even with teams that are easily getting gold on the others, we have to hope that one of the top 3 damage dealers lines up with her at the end so they can blast her down. Especially for me, her text pop ups block seeing my damage numbers, so I have to wait until after she is done speaking.

The pre-10% time, I'm ok with it.

Either increasing how long she stays in one place after 10% OR making it so the real one glow red with anger (and maybe give her a rage effect where she does even more damage or something to compensate) at the end would make me happier.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
Keep maximizing your groups ability to do massive DPS. One of the tricks with her is to get her initial health down quickly so that you have some breathing room at the end of her fight.

When she clones, have the team spread out and basic attack a clone. The idea is to pick one that nobody else is attacking so that you can quickly find the right one. If your basic attack damage is less than 20k, you've found the real one. Point or thumbs up with emoji, and hopefully the rest of your gang will jump in quickly. This process has to repeat a few times.

At the very end when it turns to pandemonium, attack everything like crazy and hope you got her down fast enough with some time to play with.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
GRRRRRRRRRR Jacinda is indeed the hardest to master!

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I have the same opinion, when her HP is under 10% it is a bit too much. It is very luck dependent, it felt like we didn't even have time to communicate which one is real. Even more annoying when playing melee since changing target and moving so much, make me felt like doing nothing at those last few % oh her HP when I'm unlucky.

Tho the other not as annoying I feel like we need more fight dynamics. Almost every Boss just get crazier at the end which kinda make 90% of the fight felt useless if we can't do well in the last 10%. I wish there are more fight like Graeme (The lvl 80 warrior Elder) where the fight is hard at the start but after he depletes his shield 4 times he become weaker. That mechanics make it more fun and reward the player who manage their spell well, like saving a big rotation for his weakened state.

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
That’s my only complaint about the last elder. Being a tank is a serious pain in the rump at the end of The fight. On mobile atleast my version of iOS I can not zoom out all the way so it’s extremely hard to see how much damage I’ve done with all the different numbers showing.. The trees get in the way too.. Click hit run click hit run is hard when there are so many people that the click doesn’t always work.(lag might also be a problem) Hoping I have enough time hit real boss with thunder bolt before she changes again. Hunters/wizards have it much easier at the end then us warriors. She’s been the bane of my existence at 95 elders. And I still can’t figure out if simply standing in place And waiting is more effective. Click and hitting. Or simply standing at one of her spawns and hoping you get lucky.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
It's not Jacinda's problem if some noops can't communicate quickly enough. You need experienced team for that boss, not a bunch of random people.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
It's not Jacinda's problem if some noops can't communicate quickly enough. You need experienced team for that boss, not a bunch of random people.
Then I suggest to make it harder, hitting the wrong one will heal her by a lot, and killing the wrong one immediately kill everyone, I want to see how the experienced team communicate in that condition.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
We have experienced team in EU, not a bunch of random people
Yeah... 3-4 days ago I told strat to teammate who has 60+ runs. Btw, it's our damage dealer.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I'd prefer either a better tell mechanic or more time at the end of the fight to find the correct one. What do you think?
Either one of these options would be fine by me. Not sure that I have a strong preference of one over the other.
Especially for me, her text pop ups block seeing my damage numbers, so I have to wait until after she is done speaking.
My other half is a warrior, and he's complained about this exact same thing! He's really wishing that there was a way to turn off chat bubbles from npc's, cause he cannot see how much damage he's doing while she's still talking. :cry:

Reactions: Shyama
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Auto-attack is a popular method because it’s easy to learn, but the real Jacinda also has more health. You can tab-cycle much faster than using auto-attack. It’s hard to beat lag tho.

Neia

Warrior
Royal Guardian
Characters
Neia, Enia, Enai, Inae, Aien
Platform
PC
Jacinda's clones have the same HP than the real one. If someone use a lot of AOEs, their health will drop faster than real Jacinda, but it's not something you can rely on.
Here's a small test:

Near the end, every Elders 80 and above got the same problem: they keep spamming their mechanic. For Jacinda, it's every 15s; remove 6s to make her text disappear, find the real one (can take 2-3s per test if you are melee), tell it to your group, hit her as much as you can, and hope others will attack her before she split again.

I don't mind hard bosses. But, if she is ok like this, I wonder why a group that usually achieve Gold on other Elders - with more than 50s left on each boss - why do this group will mostly get Silver at Jacinda, and only at her?

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Auto-attack is a popular method because it’s easy to learn, but the real Jacinda also has more health. You can tab-cycle much faster than using auto-attack. It’s hard to beat lag tho.
Wow, really?

I watched some old video and I didn't see any HP difference, they appeared to be the same. Do you have some special trick? Do tell! (I did notice for the first time that right when first targeting, the hp bar would show a different number for just a brief moment (like when she was at 100% and we're first attack her, when I target her, she shows as 1.5m hp (100%), a moment later, she says she has 37.2m (100%)).

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Jacinda's clones have the same HP than the real one. If someone use a lot of AOEs, their health will drop faster than real Jacinda, but it's not something you can rely on.
Here's a small test:

Near the end, every Elders 80 and above got the same problem: they keep spamming their mechanic. For Jacinda, it's every 15s; remove 6s to make her text disappear, find the real one (can take 2-3s per test if you are melee), tell it to your group, hit her as much as you can, and hope others will attack her before she split again.

I don't mind hard bosses. But, if she is ok like this, I wonder why a group that usually achieve Gold on other Elders - with more than 50s left on each boss - why do this group will mostly get Silver at Jacinda, and only at her?
THIS!

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
(I did notice for the first time that right when first targeting, the hp bar would show a different number for just a brief moment (like when she was at 100% and we're first attack her, when I target her, she shows as 1.5m hp (100%), a moment later, she says she has 37.2m (100%)).
There‘s likely 2 things in play here. When you first attack, you might have some stragglers and the boss’s player scaling haven’t caught up yet. It’s usually sorted within 10 seconds or so when the last player arrives or the game catches up.

Jacinda’s clones may have the same health at the beginning, but they won’t at the end.

When tabbing later in the fight, it’s likely die to lag where the game lets you target a mob quickly then takes a little time to get the mob’s debuf bar updated.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Jacinda’s clones may have the same health at the beginning, but they won’t at the end.
I looked at a video of the fight and they seem to all have the same health at the end as well. Let me know if you find a video showing otherwise.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
We just fought Jacinda and all clones and the real Jacinda were the same hp. Not sure what you mean.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I can record a run to show you what I mean. Right now, my device is full of downloaded streaming media :p