SilkPenny

Citizen
Platform
PC
Screenshot_2.png

This happens to me frequently and many other people report it, as well. It seems to be random and usually means the NPCs will have missing body parts, too...but not necessarily the same body parts I am missing. Does anyone know what causes this?

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Likex1

Madling

Squirrel
Characters
Too many to mention: Zing, Baldwin Smoochhead, Tuna Turner etc
Platform
PC, Steam
1638826617075.png1638826764540.png

Poor SilkPenny... I have seen you "ghosting" around... And yes, this happens to us all and has, in my humble opinion, nothing to do with our systems...

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
It mainly happens to me when I have done a lot of zoning in a row. Game restart usually fixes it. I think it might be one of those non reproducable hard to catch thingies

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I used to go invisible all the time, but it hasn't happened for quite a while and I thought they fixed it... guess not. 🤔

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Not a solution, but a sort of work around. Dismount before zoning and especially before teleporting within the same zone.

It won't stop it from ever happening, but it will reduce how often it happens a lot (at least in my experience).

Kaydee

BRA Member
Characters
Kaydee
Platform
PC
Last edited
When this happens to my toons, and I go to char select page, all my other girl toons have the same invisibilities, as the one I played on;
my boy character, however, is completely visible. :unsure:

edit:
Screenshot 2020-10-14 16.28.29 (2).png

Reactions: SilkPenny and Zaphyra
  • Wowx2

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
When this happens to my toons, and I go to char select page, all my other girl toons have the same invisibilities, as the one I played on;
my boy character, however, is completely visible. :unsure:
Uh-oh... even in V&H, we can't escape Misogyny... 😲😜🤣

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Hahax1

shiryo

Squirrel
Characters
shiryo shinrei soujirou
Platform
Android, PC
1 of the simpler workaround for me without logging off would be to change to another set of outfit.
the glitch happens on some of the "outfit" only and when that happens, and changing to another set, you find that it does not reoccur anymore :D

• Likex2

SilkPenny

Citizen
Platform
PC
Sometimes, others become suddenly invisible, while I am not. I am running with a butt and a broom... :LOL:
Screenshot_3.png

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Hahax1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
It's memory leak in the game (not us) and very hard to fix from what I'm told and have read. There are games out there that have had memory leak problems for ten years plus and most don't even attempt to fix it.

• Likex1
  • Wowx1

Renaiss

Villager
Characters
Renaiss, AutumnFall, Dee Endisnear
Platform
PC
This mostly happens to me in the event zones. The first time was last year, in the Haunted Moors, when my (and everyone else's) tarantula mounts disappeared: lots of seated people bobbing around on thin air. :ROFLMAO: Sometimes it's specific mounts that go invisible, other times it's body parts. When it's body parts, it always affects 2 of my 3 toons on the character selection screen (not always the same body parts though). Even though it can be annoying, it can also be absolutely hilarious, so I just try to make the best of it when it happens to me. 😶

Reactions: Mutsie and SilkPenny
  • Likex2

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
I wish I could find humor, but I cannot. Just yesterday while playing on my fire wiz Chephirah I logged out because of invisibility issues and logged back in only to play about TWO minutes before the invisibility hit again and my character was completely invisible except for her headgear and hair. Blah, it's so tiresome.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Not a solution, but a sort of work around. Dismount before zoning and especially before teleporting within the same zone.

It won't stop it from ever happening, but it will reduce how often it happens a lot (at least in my experience).
Perhaps a clue! I'll try this! I'm a teleporting maniac and it does seem like the more TP I do, the more I experience this annoying glitch. It also seems like certain mounts (sadly horses for me which always end up my favorite go-to) are more prone to experience this effect. I hesitate to use the word 'cause' because I don't think we have a clue as to what is occurring here.
According to some research I've done on this, older, larger and more complex games (this definitely fits V&H) have a history of getting this glitch and it's becoming more and more common place in multiple games that fit this category.
One writer suggests that invisibility issues are actually caused by what was originally a bug that gets buried in overwriting scripts which is what makes this glitch incredibly hard to not only pin down but to correct. This theory has validity in my mind and would explain why it mostly effects older/complex games which have transcended time and graphics advancements.