Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I have some ideas I believe will help but of course have pros and cons.
1) Instead of a message that Prisma is spawning in 5 or whatever minutes, have a permanent timer displayed on the world map next to the event zone (or anywhere). This would allow people who logged in at any time, even people right after the message was sent out or a minute before spawn, know when she is spawning and can port to the zone as needed.
If the idea of a permanent timer is not liked, have it start after the 5 minute message instead. One of my problems with the message is that I frequently log in between the time of the message and the timer. Because the system message is in place, not many people inform others that she is spawning soon thus, a player who could've easily been in the zone misses it. (Or have multiple messages ie, 5, 2, 1 minutes)
2) Create a new zone just for Prisma and similar event bosses which people enter through a system invitation. This is my first event and I have no idea if this is even possible and regardless would need more resources to do so please criticize this idea and make it better. Let me better explain this idea, 5 minutes before a boss spawns, an system wide invitation is sent to everyone playing and will stay active unless closed or the boss spawns (for people who log in this is the first thing they see). In the invitation it says boss is spawning, click okay to challenge. After clicking okay, the player is ported to a special boss zone where people gather, if there are too many people, it will automatically send players to a second hop. After a few minutes, the boss then spawns, players challenge the boss, and once defeated or 10 minutes pass, the zone releases the players back to where they were.
With this invitation, there is no early kills/leeroys, removes hopping for multiple boss rewards, and anyone who logged in during that period will undoubtedly know about the boss happening. The problems with this is creating a new zone for this and the invitation/loading to the zone.
For prisma it could work, but other zones like equinox have 4 of these bosses, 8 if you countv the caliphs. Pc can fit that, no way mobile can

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
I was actually thinking about this. Some event zones are pretty big and are actually semi hard to navigate like the next event coming in a few months. Halloween event is fine when navigating for the most part and so is grincha if players go in a clock wise order. Idk how I feel about the “can hit right when Boss spawns” I under stand there’s a five minute timer and that I am grateful for! I’m just hoping players will still wait a minute of two before starting the fight. Especially with the zones that are harder to navigate and the multiple spawns that happens in certain event zones.

Bobo

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Last edited
Earlier today, I was very happy that I had set myself a 70 minute Prisma timer, as I was switching toons when the system message popped up. If I hadn't set my own personal timer, I wouldn't have had any idea that she was going to spawn in 5 minutes.

It's also worth noting that if the system message pops up while you're zoning, you won't see it then either.

Just two minor details that are worth noting. :)
That's the best way: Set your own timer. It works for me ever since i started my first event. I might even have been one of the first people on my server who started announcing the timer before the boss appeared, and thus helped in establishing that system. Because at that time, announcements were only made when people stumbled upon the boss haphazrdly, and many people missed it as those present would just start attacking, or the opposite happened and they waited too long. So i started announcing the timer in advance to see if more people would turn up more quickly before the boss even appeared.
When I log on for the 1st time of the day, I might need to ask around for prisma timers or wait it out for her to appear, but once I have gotten her, I can time her subsequent appearances and not even need to be glued to the screen watching for the system message. If I really want prisma that badly, it's surely worth the hassle to set a timer. If i am not able to spend enough time farming prisma due to working hours etc, then naturally i'll have to settle for a lower tier reward or spend cash to buy the crown shop items (if I really think I must have these cosmetic stuff). The only thing I have full control over is my own actions, and setting a timer is one of those. I have no control over when the system msg would appear, and definitely no control over whether people wait or not. So there's not much point being unhappy over things i have no control with. Just be there a few min before prisma appears and keep a close watch on the local map for her red skull to appear. This is something that i can control and it enables me not to miss prisma.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Kaydee

Squirrel
Characters
Kaydee, Ziyal, and "AFK"
Platform
PC
One of the difficulties I have is actually seeing the game notifications, this problem, for me at least, is two-fold:

1. The colour it is now (white), isn't visible enough to see, esp. if there is a lot of chatter in chat ~have you ever tried following a conversation, when everybody is talking about something with someone, there are several different conversations, in a variety of languages, all mashed together?

2. The chat window collapses when not in use, and expands when you click/mouse over it (= good), but, unless you have game notifications above the feat bar switched on, you will miss all messages (I've/We've learned to ignore the blinking chat tabs).
Alas, game notifications showing above the feat bar, pop up willy-nilly, blocking half the main field of vision (esp when a larger group is out on a run), the messages interrupt what you're working on, and that get's old quickly.
Is it really that important to see, that ABC slayed XYZ? Or that ABC died?

My suggestion would be to reserve the space above the feat bar exclusively for important provider to player messages, such as:
-bringing the game down for quick fix-it patch;
-Ectobee was seen using Leila's bunny tail as a pillow to sleep on;
-JellyBean/Prisma/Okyris/Druda/Grinchta/EtCetera up!

Yellowy-Amber coloured messages are eye-catching, without being 'alarming'.

Also, some kind of easy to find EZ-boss-timer(s) would be very helpful, maybe something like a billboard in Ardent,
showing 'Boss X is due in 15:04 mins', if there are more than one boss, they'd be listed either in alphabetical order, or in order of arrival...?

~ at the moment, if I see the 'Prisma will be here in'' message, I still have no idea when/how long ago that announcement was made.

Reactions: Rohana and Joleen
  • Likex2

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
The trouble is, if you apply that logic, you wait forever.

What about the people who logged in 2 minutes after she spawned? Shouldn't we wait 3 minutes for them? But then what about those who logged in three minutes after? It just goes on forever.

There is a message - from then you have 5 minutes to get to her. If you log in less than 5 minutes before she spawns, then that unfortunately is just bad luck, just as it is for those who log in 10 seconds after she dies. At least with the former case you might still get there and get credit for the kill.
While I agree with your overall point and that there has to be a finite end, it seems to me there must be a better solution than a single post in crowded chat.

Perhaps a countdown on screen or an event boss chat channel solely for these postings?

The screen countdown would work in the Vale, but the chat channel would seem better suited to other events with multiple bosses.

Finally, chill people, missing isn’t the end of the world! Also, there is no need to kill fast if a whole load of dots are approaching. In the end, being reasonable is the best medicine. What goes around comes around.

Reactions: CaraLox and Catori
  • Likex2

Kitty the Hunter

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Last edited
I have some ideas I believe will help but of course have pros and cons.
1) If the idea of a permanent timer is not liked, have it start after the 5 minute message instead.
2) Create a new zone just for Prisma and similar event bosses which people enter through a system invitation. This is my first event and I have no idea if this is even possible and regardless would need more resources to do so please criticize this idea and make it better. Let me better explain this idea, 5 minutes before a boss spawns, an system wide invitation is sent to everyone playing and will stay active unless closed or the boss spawns (for people who log in this is the first thing they see). In the invitation it says boss is spawning, click okay to challenge. After clicking okay, the player is ported to a special boss zone where people gather, if there are too many people, it will automatically send players to a second hop. After a few minutes, the boss then spawns, players challenge the boss, and once defeated or 10 minutes pass, the zone releases the players back to where they were.
With this invitation, there is no early kills/leeroys, removes hopping for multiple boss rewards, and anyone who logged in during that period will undoubtedly know about the boss happening. The problems with this is creating a new zone for this and the invitation/loading to the zone.
I like the 5 min. countdown but not the permanent timer.
For suggestion 2 I love this but not for event zones. Rather, I'd like to see the game add 'hazard zones' with extreme combat in a free-for-all style where nothing is known prior to accepting an invitation. A random area will be 'invaded' and need defense from capable players who will be invited if they meet the requirements. Players need to meet the requirements (can be variable and noted on the invitation, but most importantly the level of players would be within a certain range such as within 10-20 levels to keep the content fun for all level players.) and know they will be challenged and take exteme punishment if unprepared. Invitations will have a timer of their own and upon accepting player will be immediated teleported to the hazard zone. This is of course something new to be added to the game. Maybe BFG would be a good place for it? This is for those players who want something more beyond the pale than average players and is of course focused on those who want more challenge in the EZs.

I prefer the event zones to remain happy places and welcoming to all.

Reactions: Anthem and Catori
  • Likex2

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
We do understand that hopping back and forth between instances for double rewards does indeed create issues of unfairness.
Just a quick thought... having multiple hops allows players who are willing/able to work harder to receive more rewards.

The benefit of being able to ‘bonus hop’ now is:
  • players with limited time (able to play fewer sessions, but for a slightly longer duration) are able to either earn items they would otherwise not be able to get due to limited play sessions (they do have to put in the effort, just hopping allows them to do it in the fewer sessions they have available)

• players who are willing to earn extra rewards by working harder (i.e., able to earn both a mount and a wardrobe item)
My only concern is that not all servers (and thereby all players) have equal access to additional hops, but I don’t see how allowing players to enjoy the game more (and be rewarded for that effort) is necessarily a Bad Thing(tm).

Zkittles

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
[QUOTE="Sarah

We do understand that hopping back and forth between instances for double rewards does indeed create issues of unfairness. So, though we will not be making any more changes to the Vale at this time, in the next event zone (and the ones after), we will be implementing cooldown timers on the boss rewards which will entirely remove the incentive to channel hop.

If you remove the incentive to hop between channels, the number of players in hop 2 will be greatly diminished. Say there are 5 people in hop 2. Will they be able to take her without help from the players in hop 1?

Reactions: CaraLox and Lamorack
  • Likex2

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (M Hunter), Shama Fisha (W Shaman), Accursed Angelfish (S Priest)
Platform
Steam
If you remove the incentive to hop between channels, the number of players in hop 2 will be greatly diminished. Say there are 5 people in hop 2. Will they be able to take her without help from the players in hop 1?
That would depend on the health of the community. Normally, I'd say there would be people willing to help them regardless. Right now ... "we will see". I, for one, will continue helping those in hop 2.

Reactions: Ekimie
  • Likex1

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
After disabling the /hop command, players from the first instance can no longer help players in the second instance. Now you must kill event boss in a very small party or even in solo.
It's much "fairer" now, huh? 😏

unknown.png
(taken from discord)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
We didn't deliberately disable it. ;) It was a bug from the chat adjustment a few days ago. It will be fixed when that is lifted.
I honestly find this disappointing. I'm very much looking forward to the future addition of timers which limit the amount of tears you can earn from Prisma to just once an hour.

Sharing something here which I posted on Discord, before I understood that the change was unintentional:

It really wasn't fair that your potential to earn tears was limited by which server you happened to choose initially. (And for the record, when I began playing, US1 was the only US server!) Nobody should have to change servers just so they can take advantage of a potential exploit.

All players want to earn as many tears as possible, and the costs of EZ goodies are determined by how many rewards the devs feel players should reasonably be able to earn in a season. (You can't have everything -- not even through the most hardcore grinding -- and must prioritize what you most want to purchase, unless you're willing to spend crowns, which helps to support the devs and the game.)

If players continued to abuse the hops, just to earn additional tears, then the costs of all EZ items would also have to rise, negatively affecting players on the quieter servers and favoring those on the most active, most recently added one (which would have an additional negative impact on the other servers themselves, making them even less desirable "homes.") Why would the devs want to favor one server over others or conversely, penalize or give a disadvantage to players on certain other servers??

If a player was really hopping only to help out other players, then the tears earned by the players being assisted would be enough of a reward.

ALL players, no matter which server they happen to play on, should be treated equally.

:)

Reactions: Roak
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
I honestly find this disappointing. I'm very much looking forward to the future addition of timers which limit the amount of tears you can earn from Prisma to just once an hour.

Sharing something here which I posted on Discord, before I understood that the change was unintentional:

It really wasn't fair that your potential to earn tears was limited by which server you happened to choose initially. (And for the record, when I began playing, US1 was the only US server!) Nobody should have to change servers just so they can take advantage of a potential exploit.

All players want to earn as many tears as possible, and the costs of EZ goodies are determined by how many rewards the devs feel players should reasonably be able to earn in a season. (You can't have everything -- not even through the most hardcore grinding -- and must prioritize what you most want to purchase, unless you're willing to spend crowns, which helps to support the devs and the game.)

If players continued to abuse the hops, just to earn additional tears, then the costs of all EZ items would also have to rise, negatively affecting players on the quieter servers and favoring those on the most active, most recently added one (which would have an additional negative impact on the other servers themselves, making them even less desirable "homes.") Why would the devs want to favor one server over others or conversely, penalize or give a disadvantage to players on certain other servers??

If a player was really hopping only to help out other players, then the tears earned by the players being assisted would be enough of a reward.

ALL players, no matter which server they happen to play on, should be treated equally.

:)
Why on earth would it bother you what players on other servers do? You aren’t playing with them unless you have toons on the same server and subject to the same playing field.

What matters is that as many as possible get to enjoy, play the game and keep it healthy, not fussing about whether a player on a different server might have some advantage or disadvantage.

Ultimately, if people on a server want a more vibrant server, perhaps the answer lies more in the willingness to be inclusive towards new players as a community. There is no structural difference that makes one server more able to retain.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Why on earth would it bother you what other server players do? You aren’t playing with them unless you have toons on the same server and subject to the same playing field.
It's unfair because players on servers where there are regularly two or three instances of an event zone are able to earn their event zone rewards significantly faster, and thus, they are also able to earn MORE rewards per season. If you can earn twice as many tears every time Prisma pops up, that's a HUGE advantage! (And we all know that killing Prisma is the true source of grind in Vale. How many times you kill Prisma per day directly affects how quickly you can earn the "big ticket items." The faster you earn those tears, the more big ticket items you're able to purchase by the end of the season.)

Even if one of my toons completed all of the big Vale quests, unlocked the apple crisp daily on the first day, and then killed all the bounties, ran the ladder every day, did all the daily quests once every 22 hours, AND killed Prisma ten times per day for the duration of the event zone, I still wouldn't have enough tears to buy both a mount and one of the outfits on the same toon. Players on servers that consistently have multiple instances every time Prisma spawns potentially COULD do this! This is exactly why the ability to instance hop for twice the rewards is unfair.

(And no, I shouldn't have to create a character on a different server and level them up, spending lots more crowns, just to be able to participate in an event zone "in a different way.")

As I said before, I'm really looking forward to this issue being fixed with the next event zone. (And if it's not fixed by Equinox, which I don't really care for anyway, I'll simply wait patiently until Moors.) :)

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I really don't see the point in making such a problem and lengthy post about something that has already been mentioned to be on the fixitlist ... Who cares about a few tears earned extra by others... Worried you miss out? Rhetoric question

Reactions: Deri and Lamorack
  • Likex2

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Last edited
It's unfair because players on servers where there are regularly two or three instances of an event zone are able to earn their event zone rewards significantly faster ....

Even if one of my toons completed all of the big Vale quests, unlocked the apple crisp daily on the first day, and then killed all the bounties, ran the ladder every day, did all the daily quests once every 22 hours, AND killed Prisma ten times per day for the duration of the event zone, I still wouldn't have enough tears to buy both a mount and one of the outfits on the same toon. Players on servers that consistently have multiple instances every time Prisma spawns potentially COULD do this! This is exactly why the ability to instance hop for twice the rewards is unfair.

As I said before, I'm really looking forward to this issue being fixed with the next event zone. (And if it's not fixed by Equinox, which I don't really care for anyway, I'll simply wait patiently until Moors.) :)
So to summarize, you believe that others on a different server can get more than you so you really want them to be cut back to your level even though you never see them or play alongside them.

Moreover, you really are excited to take opportunities from others even though yours will not increase.

All I can say is WOW! I will leave it to others to digest for themselves.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands
Platform
Android, PC
I'm really looking forward to this issue being fixed with the next event zone. (And if it's not fixed by Equinox, which I don't really care for anyway, I'll simply wait patiently until Moors.)
As I understand this part, your proposal to restrict players from receiving additional event currency is based on your personal interest in some of the events. It's a bit selfish, imo.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Can I please remind all posters to keep their comments to the topic under discussion and to avoid any personal comments.

Reactions: Julk ito
  • Likex1