Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hello, Everyone,

It is with much sadness that I am writing this post to share with you all that we lost a much loved and valuable member of our V&H community, AliasSam, who recently passed away.

Sam’s home was on US2, and she will forever be remembered there. She was a friend to so many, a kind and selfless woman who seemed always to put others first. She never wanted praise or acknowledgement for her good deeds, which were considerable, and this was one of the many reasons she was made a Royal Guardian of the Realm back in 2018. She did much for the game, always helping, always contributing, always acting as a role model to others with her warmth of spirit and generosity.

I got to know Sam many years ago, when she first joined the game. And she just sparkled -- that’s the first word which comes to mind when I think back on those early interactions with her. She sparkled. I will miss you, Sam. Thank you for making V&H your home. We were the lucky ones to have you with us.

Our thoughts now are with Sam’s family, and with her guild here, Realmers.

We will be holding an in-game memorial service for AliasSam on Saturday, July 24th in Ardent City on US2 at:
  • 11am PDT
  • 2pm EDT
  • 18:00 UTC

All who knew and loved AliasSam are invited to attend, and help pay tribute to this fine woman.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
In a community like this one, you see scores of people come and go. You forget the vast majority of them, recall a few, and perhaps even form a friendship with that rare one or two that persists for years to come. The ones that stick in your memory are exceedingly rare but Sam was one of them. Even though I did not know her as well as many others came to do, it was easy to see the impact she had on those around her. She is one of those rare few that I and many others will recall for years to come.

Jelani

Squirrel
Platform
Steam
I was lucky enough to have known Sam for many years now and got to know her not only as a guild mate and former FreeRealmer but as a person and friend. She was an amazing woman, wife, mother and grandmother. She always helped in game willingly with a smile. If you needed an item, Sam had it stored somewhere. And I envy her "game closet", if there was a best dressed title, she'd have earned it. She deserved her Royal Guardian title especially for those who played late at night. She was a real night owl, good for those wee hour talks. She was inspirational and I miss her deeply.

Marissaa31

Hero
Platform
PC
Sam was a Great Woman. I have known her for Several Years, She has Always Been trying to help Everyone, Always Generous and has always been a Great Listener.
I also Remember we used to Have "Egg/KissyLips/Snowballs Fights" with her and Angelina, and She was Always Winning!
Someone as special as Sam will never be forgotten. She will be Missed Dearly!

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta, F.Trunks, R.Braun
Platform
Android, PC
I also remember the snowball and kissy lips fights ,Sam always win ,no matter how many times I tried avoiding them, she was always cheerful and there when someone need help in the game , I will miss her alot , she was more then just a friend, she was an angel and very sweet player to have around, so many times during late hours she was on to chat with and help, remembering nickname she gave me ,she only called me it ,when I did something funny ,it was silly girl , everytime she said it I would laugh and she would start laughing to , Sam will never be forgotten , she will live on through memories and kind actions of others.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, all. Just a reminder that the in-game memorial service for AliasSam will be held tomorrow (Saturday, July 24th) at:
  • 11am PDT
  • 2pm EDT
  • 18:00 UTC

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
For those not in the timezones listed, it is worth remembering that UTC (or GMT) is the same time as Ardent Time.

Megalomaniac

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Megalomaniac, Enya, KatKat
Platform
PC
If you have the Fancy Lady gnog kit, please wear it to the memorial. If not, anything pink would be fun... she liked that Fancy Lady outfit. And get those kissy lips ready. We did that for a private memorial a couple weeks ago too.
Sam_Memorial14.JPG

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
If it helps, she was "Samantha Bewitched" in FR. Here's a pic of her in V&HView attachment 13341
then I did know her in FR
If you have the Fancy Lady gnog kit, please wear it to the memorial. If not, anything pink would be fun... she liked that Fancy Lady outfit. And get those kissy lips ready. We did that for a private memorial a couple weeks ago too.
View attachment 13342
Unfortunately my us2 toon I dont think owns anything pink

Red Wizard

Arch Wizard
Characters
Red Wizard, Anyone
Platform
PC
This is really heartbreaking. She was one of my very friend on US2 and we had some great runs together. Whenever I used to visit US2 she would be the first one to greet me. She had great sense of humour and was wonderful person to chat with. She will be sorely missed.

Reactions: Angelina Copperscale
  • Sadx1