• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

Moose74

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android
Hello all,
I was hoping if the Devs would implement reward systems for heroes that help out on the servers.
Not sure how other servers go but on US2 server there is always heroes that help with elders, new information for new players, crafting parties for server and so on, such a great community.
I know the Mods get rewarded generously for what they do but these last few months i don't see them helping others ... Not sure how its going on other servers just what i see on US2.

My thoughts are if Devs can set up a voting system monthly for a few players on each server to win rewards such as mana potions, health potions and ressies.

Anyhow just my thoughts that rewards should go to players that deserve them and help better the community :)
I believe it's called guardian of the realm

Moose74

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android
Hello I'm not trying to say mods don't help, what I'm trying to get across is that the whole community helps on US2 with events, elders, quests and helping new players settle in and I would like to see those crowns better shared with the community as a whole not just for the chosen few.
Even better mods could be voted in by the community every 3 months so that those helping most on servers become a mod for 3 months and get reviewed there after by the community again in 3 months time.
I believe that they call that the guardian of the realm

Texi

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, Android, PC
Люди, я понимаю всем скучно без любимой игры. Почему все беспокоят разработчиков с идеями? Пожалуйста, дайте им спокойно востановить для нас игру. Почему начинают все что-то просить?
Насчет голосования - плохая идея и действительно будет хаос.
Обьясню почему. Только разработчики должны выбирать, с кем им удобно работать. Игроки должны просто играть.
Поощрения модераторов подарками - думаю разработчики сами всех могут поощрить.
Игроки не должны никогда голосовать. Потому что каждый игрок создаст очень много твинков.
Таким образом, многие жители потеряли свои деревни. Они
несколько лет поднимались и качали деревню. Потому что 2-3 игрока создают много персонажей. Заселяют этих персонажей в деревню и голосуют не честно. Таким образом становятся мэром. Все знают, что это не честно, но все это происходит.
Голосование это плохая идея в этой игре. Спасибо за понимание.

Omnigma

Black Thrush Agent
Characters
Omnigma, Draco, Kindle, IOU1
Platform
PC, Steam
Aren't MODS appointed by the DEVS and work FOR the DEVS? Thus, the community doesn't actually have any say about who is or isn't a MOD, so what's all this drama about again? I'm so confuzzled! :D And no, I am fully aware it's off the original topic, so I digress. BUT! Not before I take a stab at usurping the conversation, myself. Hahaha

Aife

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited by a moderator
My suggestion/request:
PLEASE, make the blinking channels optional or remove them entirely.
Live Stream response:
Ivar says that is going to be improved on mobile, but not PC.
Huh? Why? I, and many others, play on PC.

My suggestion/request:
Can loot be dropped directly into bags? Especially when in party. People hardly pick up loot when in party, and it goes to waste. Probably because they don't want to appear greedy or for other reasons, maybe they just don't want it. However, just not having that discussion ('can we please roll for scraps or xy" which will get ignored anyway) will save loads of time. So that everyone receives part of the loot, no matter what it is. (This is not a post about whether or not loot is valuable, this is a post about in game mechanics.)
And of course while soloing, I feel that I would enjoy playing much more without clicking on the ground till my fingers hurt after each kill. I think V&H is the only game I ever played where the option of auto-loot is unavailable.
Live Stream response:
If people are in a party and don’t pick up loot, Otters don’t want the interface to overcome a social issue. Otters dont’ want to add a feature that chat can resolve; you can still roll dice for items if you want using chat interface.
It's like only the first sentence of that request was read. I don't know how much clearer I can get.

My suggestion/request:
For those that have NPC voices activated: they are horrific. Especially that one female voice that goes: "how are you doiiiing?" is like metal on stone, sends me running. So sadly I can't activate NPC voices.
Live Stream response:
There was a comment that the NPC voices are horrific? Cameron disagrees, we have our NPC voices professionally voiced, we hire actors, Sarah usually takes the lead on that, we will not be re-doing voices.
Just because someone does it "professionally", doesn't mean they are doing a good job or are even remotely pleasing to the ear. But that is of course a question of taste. Certainly it's not that important, one can just choose to mute voices.

My suggestion/request:
For those that have game music activated: how about some new, more versatile and most of all better music? I would really love that. (Adrian von Ziegler is one suggestion.)
Live Stream response:
Another comment was the music needs to be better… Ivar is a composer, most of the trailers are his music! They also source all the game music from a composer who posts all his music for free, and only asks for credit, so people will say “Oh I heard the game music here or there” and that’s because it’s free, as long as you give the composer credit. You can open the credits in the game, and scroll down and see all of his titles that are used in game. Someone asked for the option to skip tracks, you can try to use the letter “N” (for next) to skip tracks.
Sorry, didn't mean to step on anyones toes.... (<I can do dots too.) Adrian von Ziegler (as an example) offers the same deal (use his music, just give him credit). But as it is, there is not much to skip to. Quality or quantity wise.

Yea, it certainly paid off to bother taking the time with reasonable suggestions.
But hey, let's talk about underwear.
And <edit out player name>, don't be shy, don't be afraid to call me out here instead of sending me a PM, calling me rude. If you think talking clearly without the usual frippery is rude, then I'm rude. Are you afraid to get reprimanded for doing so? Whoops, guess I will now.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It was clear from the answers on the livestream that they were CONSIDERING your suggestions. The one about the chat channels blinking they clearly weren't sure exactly what you meant. As far as the loot auto gather is concerned they clearly stated that they did not want to include it in party. On the voice issue they perfectly reasonably said they simply disagree, and are not going to change something simply because one player says they dislike the voices (who is to say that new voices would not be disliked by other players after all) and on the music they explained why they use the music they do, and why that is not changing.

We are always able to make suggestions, and the Devs have implemented a number of changes based on those suggestions. BUT the Devs are also entitled to choose NOT to implement those ideas.

On another note, I assume you are referring to the blinking TABS on PC chat, and for the record I agree it would be good if there were some option to effectively turn off notifications (ie the blinking) for those and mail. Personally I just have all tabs on all the time anyway.

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
Last edited by a moderator
Yea, it certainly paid off to bother taking the time with reasonable suggestions.
But hey, let's talk about underwear.
And <edit out name> don't be shy, don't be afraid to call me out here instead of sending me a PM, calling me rude. If you think talking clearly without the usual frippery is rude, then I'm rude. Are you afraid to get reprimanded for doing so? Whoops, guess I will now.
Thank you for taking your time to suggest changes and/or improvements. What you have to a) understand and b) accept though is, that it's virtually impossible for us to implement every change a player asks for, because what you think is the most important change in the world, other players don't even care about or what you think would be a good change, other players think is really bad.

We have to produce a game that is as mass compatible as possible, i.e. something that we think the majority will like. Plus there's really no right or wrong in taste. You think the music is terrible and the NPC voices as well, somebody else likes them. You don't care about your character's underwear, somebody else does (and you'd probably be surprised about how many users think that is important!) So ... who is correct now? Of course both of you will think "Of course, I'm correct. Do what I say!" See the problem?

We never promised to make every change that's asked by players, as I said that's impossible, but what we WILL do is to read every player feedback and consider it. That I can promise.

P.S. If somebody sends you a PM, that's probably for a reason. I don't think there's a need to drag whatever somebody sends you privately into the public.

Aife

Wizard
Platform
PC
Thank you for taking your time to suggest changes and/or improvements. What you have to a) understand and b) accept though is, that it's virtually impossible for us to implement every change a player asks for, because what you think is the most important change in the world, other players don't even care about or what you think would be a good change, other players think is really bad.

We have to produce a game that is as mass compatible as possible, i.e. something that we think the majority will like. Plus there's really no right or wrong in taste. You think the music is terrible and the NPC voices as well, somebody else likes them. You don't care about your character's underwear, somebody else does (and you'd probably be surprised about how many users think that is important!) So ... who is correct now? Of course both of you will think "Of course, I'm correct. Do what I say!" See the problem?

We never promised to make every change that's asked by players, as I said that's impossible, but what we WILL do is to read every player feedback and consider it. That I can promise.

P.S. If somebody sends you a PM, that's probably for a reason. I don't think there's a need to drag whatever somebody sends you privately into the public.
That tastes and priorities differ, is obvious. However, seeing every single one of your suggestions brushed aside is another thing.
And regarding that PM: I put out in the open what is generally referred to as "calling out" or some such nonsense and that gets subsequently deleted from the forum. Instead you say that its ok to call someone rude in a pm, just because they don't like what that someone said? What? Seriously.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Calling out IN PUBLIC is indeed deleted from the forums. (As you clearly understand since you posted that you would probably get in trouble for responding in public to their private communication.)

No one even hinted that being rude in private is ok, merely that private communications should probably remain private.

RenoPwns

Grand Priest
Characters
Renopwns, Elderaan
Platform
Android
Players that are helpful do not necessarily need extra rewards, being a decent human being is its own reward. I'm glad to see certain players from getting recognized here (Skurge, Priest Daimheach to name a couple), and THAT there in and of itself is the reward for helping others: you build a reputation for yourself. You have allies you can call upon in a time where you yourself may need something. If you're a high level player and you spend time helping those less experienced than you, they are going to be very quick to jump up and help when you rebirth and need to run elders again. Or just anything really. That kind of reward is not something they could give you an item or some gold pieces to compensate for. That camaraderie you earn by being a decent person is reward enough if you know how to make it work for you.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

RenoPwns

Grand Priest
Characters
Renopwns, Elderaan
Platform
Android
That tastes and priorities differ, is obvious. However, seeing every single one of your suggestions brushed aside is another thing.
And regarding that PM: I put out in the open what is generally referred to as "calling out" or some such nonsense and that gets subsequently deleted from the forum. Instead you say that its ok to call someone rude in a pm, just because they don't like what that someone said? What? Seriously.
If you're so jaded about the devs and the game, what are you doing here broski? You obviously enjoy the game or you wouldn't be posting on forums or trying to communicate with the devs via live stream chat. Your tension and hostility are so thick I could cut em with a butter knife, and I have a feeling your aggression is about something else and you're redirecting it here. Someone PMing you to talk crap isn't cool and whoever did that is acting like a child and should show a little more maturity, but maybe you sir wouldn't illicit responses like that from other people here if you toned down your aggression by about two notches. I'm not disagreeing with you or saying that you had bad suggestions or ANY of that; what I AM saying is that if you want your point to be heard, you have to be more tactful. Aren't we all here to help each other and support each other? Is that ideal not the very reason our game is void of any form of PvP content? People here WANT to help other players, but not when someone is ragetyping in the forums. As you personally witnessed, that's a good way to get people calling you names in your inbox, and I guarantee you they're not listening to your suggestions when they're busy typing out insults to you.

Reactions: Ekimie
  • Likex1
Status
Not open for further replies.