Ace

Hero
Characters
Ace(Fury), Devil(Fire), Demon(MM), Violet(WS), Soul(SP)
Platform
  1. Steam
Hello everyone, Devil here. :)

Let's talk about Ice Wizard! 🥶

I'm primarily a fire mage, but I decided to try out the Ice build. I really liked the result, I'll leave a video attached of yesterday's 95s run.

Why was my damage so high?

My build is consistent with the current Ice Wizard proposal. In my opinion, Ice has massive and fast area damage. In quick runs, this is great, because if the groups of monsters had a lot of HP, I wouldn't be able to get my cooldown back to use more skills. In other words, classes that have single target/skill spam would have more advantage.

In a scenario where there are few classes that do area damage, Ice will stand out even more. Because he will be stealing all the damage from groups of monsters for himself, inflating the combat chart, after all he is the only one who has good area damage.

I did some tests, and I don't believe that Ice can use Mind Spark from the fire tree talent, or the Inner Fire skill (increases area damage). I tested it and had a bad result, so I will believe more in a pure ice build.

charts.png

The potential this class has for area damage is very interesting, pay attention to damage in large groups. Single target damage is good, but inferior to fire mage. The Devs did a good job when they upgraded the ice talents, now it's not a joke anymore.

Share your opinion in the comments below. I'll be happy to answer questions if you have.​

kimmiecat

Priestess
Characters
kimmiecat, winter jester, mad jester, olive jester
Platform
  1. iOS
At level 59, it is hard to compare my ice wizard to others, but she is lots of fun to play. Freezing and slowing enemies, running in and using Frost Nova (which I sometimes call my ice fart. Lol).

Reactions: Xantia and Ace
  • Likex2

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
No questions but it's interesting. My wiz will find this out for himself when he gets to current level cap.

• Likex2

Z e r o

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
WEAK if it was really strong it would just be one hit on the elder boss hahaha Just kidding, I hope this video popularizes how useful and satisfying it is to play ice mage now

Reactions: Xantia, Ace and Zazie
  • Likex2
  • Happyx1

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
Curious whats your talent, stat and glyph allocation also. Would be great if you can share your thought process in building your character too
I will talk about my statuses, glyphs and talents.

Starting with talents, and why I use it that way ->

I use the full Ice tree, plus 25 points in Arcane.

ice1.pngice2.png
All Ice talents are good, so I believe it makes more sense to use a pure ice build. I'll talk about hybrid builds later, at first I'll focus on pure ice.

Thermal Core (Ice's third talent). This is the talent responsible for causing Ice Storm to do so much damage. With each ice skill you use (with the exception of glacial spike and ice storm) you accumulate Shards. When using Glacial Spike or Ice Storm, Shard Stacks are consumed and damage is increased brutally. Each stack of Shard increases damage by 20%.

Ice Storm consumes up to 10 Shards, damage dealt can be increased by up to 200%.

Glacial Spike consumes up to 5 Shards, damage dealt can be increased by up to 100%.

That's why it's important to use several ice skills and avoid being hybrid, because the fewer Shard Stacks you accumulate, the less damage your Glacial Spike and Ice Storm will cause. Ice skills have a very high cooldown, so you can't wait for the skills' cooldown to return to accumulate more shards before using Ice Storm or Glacial Spike. Of course, this is thinking about an 95 elder run, where you need to play frantically, the monsters won't wait for you to be ready to use your highest damage skills, they will probably be dead beforehand.

I'm going to take the opportunity to comment on hybrid builds. This is the reason why a hybrid build won't work, as you will run out of Shards, and your skills will do less damage. If you are thinking about using 20 points in the Mind Spark talent (3rd fire tree talent), I don't think it's a good idea. Glacial Spike and Ice Storm require Shards to deal damage, so you would have to use your normal combo rotation, use mind spark, stack the shards again to use a second rotation with brutal force. It doesn't seem like a bad idea, but on my server this doesn't work. I tested it, and by the time it took me to stack again, the monsters were already dead. Anyway, it's still a valid strategy, and you can find use for mind spark in raids, perhaps.

The fourth ice talent "Shatter" fortifies several skills.

The fifth talent doesn't have much of a secret, it increases your damage directly and causes area damage when reaching 30 charges. Just be careful to get 30 stacks close to the groups of monsters, or else you'll deal area damage in the middle of nowhere lol

20 points in the talent that increases the area damage of skills. This talent is very strong, especially for Ice, which depends a lot on skills with area damage. And of course, Frostfire which increases single target damage.

The remaining 5 points, place them wherever you want, it makes no difference.

STATS ->

ice_stats.png
NOTE: I'm not using any buff in this print, I'm just in Blight Bay.

Without much of a secret, I just give priority to Expertise over Savagery. Focus on making your Brutality and Ice Mastery as high as possible.

GLYPHS ->

ice_glyphs.png

Why Poise?
It greatly increases my damage, and as my class doesn't have a dash ability, I'm unlikely to be on the front line tanking the monsters, I just arrive dealing damage. This way, it's easy to keep poise active all the time. Don't forget to thank your healer!

Why Onslaught?
Ice can deal high damage instantly, so it is very useful to have a raw damage increaser. Of course, it would be much easier to take advantage of Onslaught if I had a dash, but I don't. To avoid "losing" Onslaught, I try to position myself forward towards the next group, so when the group of monsters dies, I will already be halfway to the next group.

Why Flux?
I have a little difficulty stacking Flux, but it's still a good glyph.

Why Glory?
Glory is the most versatile glyph. Everyone should use Glory. Increases damage and lasts for a long time, so you will always have Glory helping you.

Why Void?
It's my fifth glyph, I don't like it very much. It makes more sense in classes that have DoT, not instant damage. Don't get confused, Ice is not a good DoT class, Ice's focus is instant raw damage.

I believe I explained a lot. If you have any specific questions, comment below.

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
Probably gets a nerf soon™
hahaha, I would laugh a lot. The class is still not the most powerful, but it is very strong. I believe that run 95 is inflating the charts, the performance in Arcane Rift would be much worse. I hope Ice gains a little more popularity.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Toppie

Warrior
Characters
Toppie Adams, Apollo Adams, Arch Adams, Dumbledore Adams, Hulk Adams, Obelix , Oceanis, Isis Adams
Platform
  1. Steam
Very interesting, thx. What feats/attacking abilities and runes on your weapon?

• Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
hahaha, I would laugh a lot. The class is still not the most powerful, but it is very strong. I believe that run 95 is inflating the charts, the performance in Arcane Rift would be much worse. I hope Ice gains a little more popularity.
I have a friend who plays an Ice Wiz and he is one of the best wizards I've seen. It all depends on how you gear up, how you choose your skills and feats and finally how you play. You can have two almost identical characters but the player is the final and most important part of the equation!

Reactions: Xantia, Zazie and Ace
  • Likex3

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
Very interesting, thx. What feats/attacking abilities and runes on your weapon?
My weapon ->
weapon.png
Yes, the weapon is not the best, but it is enough. I'll try to find a better power rating

You can see more about the skills and how I play in the video. Link -> Click here

the video is also attached at the end of the first comment in this thread

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
I have a friend who plays an Ice Wiz and he is one of the best wizards I've seen. It all depends on how you gear up, how you choose your skills and feats and finally how you play. You can have two almost identical characters but the player is the final and most important part of the equation!
I completely agree. No matter how perfect your build is, it's no use if you don't have mastery over the class.

Knowing how to play is very relevant to how impactful your character can be. 💪

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Atticus Arcana

Master Gatherer
Characters
Maverick Mendenhall, Atticus Arcana, Greyson Grimm, Coriarch Cura
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Thank you very much for posting this! I've swapped my Wizard from fire to ice this passed week and have been using the full set of Fabled gear and have been having a great time!

Reactions: Xantia, Ace and Zazie
  • Likex2
  • Happyx1

Marvenga

Great Adventurer
Characters
Marvenga, Marvella, Marveara, Marvengo, Marvarroo
Platform
  1. Android
In have a lvl 95 / 5 rb FireWiz but I don’t play it much since she is way too squishy for my taste. Taking her into raids is plain frustrating. Could be my own fault of course. Is Ice better wrt survivability?

• Likex2

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
In have a lvl 95 / 5 rb FireWiz but I don’t play it much since she is way too squishy for my taste. Taking her into raids is plain frustrating. Could be my own fault of course. Is Ice better wrt survivability?
I believe so, Ice seems to be much more balanced. FW healing in raid is not bad, but it is completely luck dependent.

Ice has a healing skill, which you can use at any time. Ice also has more passive resistance due to talent points. We can also mention the various Slow and Stun skills, so you can probably eliminate some monsters before they get to you.

I never raided with Ice, as I prefer the playstyle
of fire, and I particularly don't have difficulty doing raids (it's difficult to die with a build that has 400k+ HP)

Reactions: Got No Pupil and Xantia
  • Likex2

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Thanks for all the good info. I just can't bring myself to give up Mindspark and my speed buff. 😬🫣

Maybe I'll try an Ice build on test... 🤔

Ace

Hero
Characters
Platform
  1. Steam
Thanks for all the good info. I just can't bring myself to give up Mindspark and my speed buff. 😬🫣

Maybe I'll try an Ice build on test... 🤔
My intention is to encourage people to play more with Ice.

You don't need to abandon your current equipment, just create a secondary set and have fun! We will soon have a level update, so I believe it is the perfect time to burn materials :LOL:

Ice is much simpler to play than Fire Wizard (but it's also not as easy as Shadow Priest) :alien: