Zlin

Priest
Characters
Knave
Platform
Android, PC
I have been thinking about becoming more finite about my organization. Currently, I just use auto-sort for my vault and all but one of my bags. However, I'm thinking about more closely managing the contents of my vault. I'm wondering how the rest of you tackle this issue.

How do you manage all your gear and materials?
What do you find efficient and or effective?

I'm thinking of doing a hybrid approach; I have a bag that's the common carry stuff (food, pots, craft necklace etc..) the rest will be auto-sort. And then do something similar with my vault where there are dedicated tabs(reusable gear, consumables) and then some auto sort(mats, seasonals).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

And a fun poem as a bonus:

Ode to my Backpack
An ode to my backpack
For being my helper when my hands are full
For giving me a constant hug
Warmth following me wherever I go
Knowing that you always got my back
Carrying my secrets
Always holding the things that I need
Glad something can depend on me
Using my shoulders as comfort
Holding it up because it can't hold itself
Molded together perfectly
An ode to my backpack
-jayceeblue

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
My first few bags are all my saved gear RBs/current good gear/crafted. I don’t save anything below rare once I’m lvl cap.and I normally have that organized the way the system organizes it. Then I normally have elder frags. Then crown shop items mana/health/ rezzies stuff like that. Then everything else is like gathered items, rare gathers, toys.

Reactions: Zlin
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
In my first bag I keep medallions (needed in later zones), xp potions/pie, luckiniums, cornuciopia and arachnamassers/clockworkers for gathering. Also water, extra supplies and my salvaging rod. Often also the type of plant I am growing in my garden at that time. Basically stuff that I need to keep in my bags at all times because I easily need them on the road (I dont want to run into a plenti without anything to gather).
My last bag has as main focus hp and mana potions of varying kinds, my robognome, my shiverrobe and more of the stuff of earlier mentioned bag 1 because it is full. Also more bag 1 stuff can be found in some other bags, but I try to keep them clustered at the top or bottom of the bag so the empty slots are big overseeable areas. Inbetween bag 1 and 6 (bag 2, 3, 4 and5) I collect monster drops, gathers, gear and questitems.

• Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
First bag is for pies, and other buffs, Sabette quest items, and generally any often used items. Next bag I try to keep empty, it holds anything I want to keep from the 1st bag when running zones so I can quickly sell unwanted items or overflow from gathering. 3rd holds my gathering supplies, cog coins, tokens, etc. 4th holds any special items I rarely use, meds if I am collecting them, quest items and animal food.

• Likex1

Łibinnn

Legendary Hero
Characters
Łibinnn, Libin
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Good thought :) I also like to have things sorted and clear. Having it all messy is annoying when you desperately need something and you just waste your time searching it. My first bag is mainly for quest items and drops (equipment, pelts, leather) that I pick up since they all already are going to your first first bag anyway + pies and drams. In second one I carry ranching tools, water and the rest is full of food for animals. In third one I have keystones and medallions. I also bought my 4th bag because of this Christmas event so that I could have candies, costumes, etc. Rare items, rebirth equipment, eggs, pelts, fleece (ranching stuff) and things like that are all in my vault. So after event I will have one bag clear + will get extra vault space from calendar. So this is how I am sorted. Good luck.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Okay so I'm noticing a trend here, Either folks are daily in EZ or questing so they have the space available.
You can do both, but then it helps to have it this organized because you can quickly throw it all into your vault when you switch from ez and back. And some ez items can be useful in regular zones. Like full heal cookies etc

• Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Klinger
Platform
iOS, PC
I didn’t even know such a thing existed where people organized their bags, 😝
My vaults are somewhat organized and with five toons that’s not a small task, so I’m not going to get into the details 😆

Reactions: Halleebell and Zlin
  • Likex2

Wuyan

Master Cook
Platform
Android
I only have 4 vaults I use on main and try to keep his bags mostly empty. Vault 1 is for my level 95 gear stuff from AS chests and other assorted stuff I wanna keep. Vault 2 is my blight stuff I collect my cog coins gathering items like lucks and scornyx and whatnot and my blue supplies I'm collecting.
Vault 3 is ez stuff so its pretty empty.
My first shared bank is partial stacks of zogs chests doublons. Vaults 4-11 I fill with mats for orders I take and 2 other shared vaults are to easy transfer stuff to my priest now that I'm working on maxing his crafting skills.

• Likex1

Zlin

Priest
Characters
Knave
Platform
Android, PC
I only have 4 vaults I use on main and try to keep his bags mostly empty. Vault 1 is for my level 95 gear stuff from AS chests and other assorted stuff I wanna keep. Vault 2 is my blight stuff I collect my cog coins gathering items like lucks and scornyx and whatnot and my blue supplies I'm collecting.
Vault 3 is ez stuff so its pretty empty.
My first shared bank is partial stacks of zogs chests doublons. Vaults 4-11 I fill with mats for orders I take and 2 other shared vaults are to easy transfer stuff to my priest now that I'm working on maxing his crafting skills.
Oh I like the idea of storing zogs in the account vault if one had alts that would be efficient!

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
Shyama +more
Platform
Android, PC
Oh my gosh... I can spend hours organizing my bags & vaults. Most of my toons have all 6 bags unlocked, and 5-20 vault tabs. (I'm a hoarder). I try to keep inventory consistent between toons, so it's easier to find things. Bag #6 gets animal food/supplies, extra gather supplies, things I want to have on me but don't need to use often (sockets, rezzies, Alfred, mobile vault). If I have room, buffs like pies, drams, lucks, also go in bag #6. Otherwise those are bag #5, along with toys, clockwork harvesters, EZ buffs, medallions currently being collected. Bags 1-4 are kept free for when I'm out questing or gathering, and get cleared out to vaults when I'm done.

The house vault gets random stuff I don't need to carry with me, but that I want for easy access. AS items like extra mobile vaults, pets, super feed, crafting elixirs, cog coins & charter tokens, the crafting necklaces. Usually my Shivergear so I don't lose it or accidentally sell it.

The shared vault has buffs and food items of all levels, as well as extra unbound green & blue gather supplies. Also some account bound toys & pets, some bountiful water pitchers. So I can easily get from all toons. Any free space is used to move stuff from one toon to another.

Regular vaults depend on the toon, but stuff gets grouped together as much as possible. One toon stores rare gathers (lucks, scorynx, etc), darrig shards, account bound stuff that doesn't get used often. I turn in all zogs on one toon, so she keeps all unmatched sets until the vault tab is full, then turns them in.
My potion master keeps a stash of ingredients on hand so I can restock potions as needed. Weapon & armor masters keep stacks of refined mats & components so they can easily whip up something, or to prepare for 5-starring recipes/making gear for alts. At least 2-6 tabs for gear, it grows as I level/rebirth. One toon hoards trinkets & jewelry so I have a stash to check when a toon can't get drops they want.
And raw materials get sent to and stored on whichever toon is currently leveling crafting skills. One toon is working on cooking, she gets all the oily fish. If two are leveling smithing, one at 80 and one at 50, the lvl 80 gets everything level 60-75; the lvl 50 gets everything 45 & below. Sometimes requires lots of hopping back & forth to find who needs what, when I can't remember lol.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Zlin

Priest
Characters
Knave
Platform
Android, PC
Oh my gosh... I can spend hours organizing my bags & vaults. Most of my toons have all 6 bags unlocked, and 5-20 vault tabs. (I'm a hoarder). I try to keep inventory consistent between toons, so it's easier to find things. Bag #6 gets animal food/supplies, extra gather supplies, things I want to have on me but don't need to use often (sockets, rezzies, Alfred, mobile vault). If I have room, buffs like pies, drams, lucks, also go in bag #6. Otherwise those are bag #5, along with toys, clockwork harvesters, EZ buffs, medallions currently being collected. Bags 1-4 are kept free for when I'm out questing or gathering, and get cleared out to vaults when I'm done.

The house vault gets random stuff I don't need to carry with me, but that I want for easy access. AS items like extra mobile vaults, pets, super feed, crafting elixirs, cog coins & charter tokens, the crafting necklaces. Usually my Shivergear so I don't lose it or accidentally sell it.

The shared vault has buffs and food items of all levels, as well as extra unbound green & blue gather supplies. Also some account bound toys & pets, some bountiful water pitchers. So I can easily get from all toons. Any free space is used to move stuff from one toon to another.

Regular vaults depend on the toon, but stuff gets grouped together as much as possible. One toon stores rare gathers (lucks, scorynx, etc), darrig shards, account bound stuff that doesn't get used often. I turn in all zogs on one toon, so she keeps all unmatched sets until the vault tab is full, then turns them in.
My potion master keeps a stash of ingredients on hand so I can restock potions as needed. Weapon & armor masters keep stacks of refined mats & components so they can easily whip up something, or to prepare for 5-starring recipes/making gear for alts. At least 2-6 tabs for gear, it grows as I level/rebirth. One toon hoards trinkets & jewelry so I have a stash to check when a toon can't get drops they want.
And raw materials get sent to and stored on whichever toon is currently leveling crafting skills. One toon is working on cooking, she gets all the oily fish. If two are leveling smithing, one at 80 and one at 50, the lvl 80 gets everything level 60-75; the lvl 50 gets everything 45 & below. Sometimes requires lots of hopping back & forth to find who needs what, when I can't remember lol.
Sounds like you have alts down to a science and bring up another great point, that having dedicated space for master stuff is a good idea.

Sudaki

Citizen
Characters
Sudaki, Hamba, Eola
Platform
Android, PC
I organize it how it already kind of is for us, House vault Premiums, Trunks Premiums and red derrig items or account bound premium or non crafted items. 1-28 is my bag drop vaults Just shift click everything and anything for the most part and cash out later. I stopped keeping so much stuff recently.

• Likex1

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
Oh I like the idea of storing zogs in the account vault if one had alts that would be efficient!
You can't trade them directly to the npc if they are in the shared vault. You can from a regular vault.

Woodlenelf

Grand Shaman
Characters
Starfoxnes
Platform
Android
No one will like me after this. My bags is full of random stuff.

I keep stuff for quest, mana, crafting stuff. If i get too full ill just throw it away or try and sell if...if i need something ill just buy it again. I throw all my tows.

My vault is a mess....my 1st vault is my rb stuff other is motes n crafting, sockets. My shared vault is full if crafting or crafted stuff enough space to transfer materials to alts to hold..

In the end its all a big mess.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
My vault is a mess....my 1st vault is my rb stuff other is motes n crafting, sockets. My shared vault is full if crafting or crafted stuff enough space to transfer materials to alts to hold..
sounds pretty organized to me

• Wowx1