CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
I had a house reservation for two toons, I am almost positive that I logged in at least once before time was up. But when the reservation ended both toons were kicked out of their ouse.
has any one else had this happen? Or am I losing my mind, and need to keep a login journal?

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I had a house reservation for two toons, I am almost positive that I logged in at least once before time was up. But when the reservation ended both toons were kicked out of their ouse.
has any one else had this happen? Or am I losing my mind, and need to keep a login journal?
I never had that happen, but I could have sworn you even welcomed new people into the village by mail a week or two ago ( 2 of my characters are in your village, well Old sterling, if thats what youre talking about). That being said I have accidentally reserved my house for 50 gold even when meaning not to too.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
I never had that happen, but I could have sworn you even welcomed new people into the village by mail a week or two ago ( 2 of my characters are in your village, well Old sterling, if thats what youre talking about). That being said I have accidentally reserved my house for 50 gold even when meaning not to too.
This was toons in other villages.
i probably just lost track of time.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
Guess I will add a “last logon date” to my toon spreadsheet

Jalandra

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Zorlanda, Lenada, Jalandra, Zorlan, Yuju, Queen of Darkness
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
Good to know I'm not the only one who has to keep a spreadsheet to keep track of things. Mine has become huge with 17 tabs and lots of auto-calculations based on data fed into it. o_O

SilkPenny

Citizen
Platform
PC
If it helps to know, I had all of my toons located in one village and logged in regularly to maintain their houses. The last time, I logged in on the exact day my housing was set to expire and discovered that all toons had already lost their houses. I put in a support ticket because it would appear to be a time zone issue? I could not think of any other reason this could have happened. I received a response saying this issue would be fixed in the next patch, but saw nothing in subsequent patch notes. I never got new houses for my toons and do not log in regularly any longer.

My advice is if you keep notes or a spreadsheet, as I did, DO NOT set your next log in for 2 weeks because you may lose your house by a matter of minutes or hours.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
I started logging dates in my spreadsheet. With 10 toons and if I log one in per day that should allow plenty of time for each to logon within two weeks :)

although with winter coming I will be playing more, usually starting around halloween.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I have friends who log in once a week on each toon, instead of once every two weeks (which requires such exact timing!) They make it part of their weekly routine and always log in on the same day of the week. (Most of these friends have one main toon that they log in on daily and a bunch of alt toons that they rarely touch, but some friends aren't playing at all anymore and are only logging in to maintain a house.)

No worries about losing your house by mere hours or minutes if you log in weekly! :)

Reactions: CaraLox and Littlenymph
  • Likex2

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I have friends who log in once a week on each toon, instead of once every two weeks (which requires such exact timing!) They make it part of their weekly routine and always log in on the same day of the week. (Most of these friends have one main toon that they log in on daily and a bunch of alt toons that they rarely touch, but some friends aren't playing at all anymore and are only logging in to maintain a house.)

No worries about losing your house by mere hours or minutes if you log in weekly! :)
☝This 👆

I run a fairly large number of characters on more than one server. Once a week, every Sunday, I sit down and log them all.

If you do go through the trouble of keeping a spreadsheet, I would subtract a day or two and log them on the 12th or 13th day. I used to keep one and still wound up losing houses by hours or minutes by logging them the day of. I prefer just doing the weekly log on all toons, on the same day. Simple solutions work best for my simple mind. If you can't remember 1 day a week, you probably can't remember to check your spreadsheet as often as you should. ;)

PS: It's not something that's worth sending in a CS ticket as there probably isn't anything the devs can do for you on a personal basis, but if the timer is off, it would be helpful to submit a bug report.

Reactions: CaraLox and Zazie
  • Likex2

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I live in spreadsheets, they’re fun…. Which probably makes me weird… 😝
No, I have some good friends like that. It doesn't make them weird. It just means that they are not like me.
In full disclosure, the common consensus is of the opinion that I'm a little weird...
Fortunately, I've always been weird enough to take that as the compliment it's not intended to be.
It's MY delusion and I'm stickin' to it.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1