Addrimyr

Reader
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Hello! I'm new to the game and currently having a lot of trouble deciding between Holy and Shadow priest. Can you do decent dps with a Holy Priest for levelling/solo content? From what i've gathered people seem to say that Holy Priest levelling is painfully slow. Is there a need for Shadow Priests in the endgame? Which would be better for group content (and by that I mean, which do groups need more of?)

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I leveled with 4 rbs as a holy priest: no problem. Take the precision talent in balance, holy bolt will hit like a truck.

The key to all classes is to have high powered active runes, so make sure every 5 levels to get a new 5-star crafted holy mace with holy bolt.

The mace being epic doesn't matter, but the rune being post-5 star is very important.

That said, Shadow priest is great, too! Or even leveling hybrid or shadow priest + heal or restore on the mace to help out.

Reactions: Katie4567
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
just some precision or all the way? is it worth the loss of thr 20 tyalentpoints?

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
You’re not losing 20 talent points. You’re choosing to spend talent points in a spot that gives a decent boost to dps. If you’re leveling and find that your healing is just fine, but want a touch more dps, Precision is an excellent choice for Holy (or even Shadow, provided Vile Echoes is maxed already.)

Also: Either priest is a good choice (or even a hybrid). Both are useful in end game content.

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
just some precision or all the way? is it worth the loss of thr 20 tyalentpoints?
It's +40% damage, so yeah :D. What else can give such a big and multiplicative stacking bonus?

I mean, I'd say for a holy priest who is levelling, you max the first 5-pointer in holy, then precision. Could be some point where heaven's prayer (holy bolt hits 3 targets at a cost of 30) is better than precision, but both is even better! :D

So, maybe going:
first 5 pointer in holy
then precision - 20 points

once you have 35 points, respec talents to first 5 in holy and 30 in heaven's prayer
invest the next 20 into precision.

Then, invest in the 40-pointer to increase holy power and eventually get the amazing party-useful mass cure if you want to support parties (can respec into it if supporting a party before you can afford it).

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Holy priests r useful for healing and shadow priests r useful for damage. I switched from holy to shadow because I kept dying in tombs. Also, no matter which one u choose they both go through a lot of mana.