Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow
Platform
Android
I did the pumpkin head only when it's active that is once in 22h. The first time i received no bag or anything except xp. Second time only one of those health heart and again no bag or corn or nothing that sort of. I checked my inventory but nothing there as well.
I am not sure what exactly happening here. Anyone else also facing the same?

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Me too, I see the names of other players who are picking up stuff but I see nothing drop at all.

I'm not sure if it is a bug but I'm going to bug report so they can check

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I just killed pumpkinhead and it indeed is a 22 hour refresh. One candy corn bag showed for me this time, but nothing else.
I just asked CS to ignore my bug report because I don't think it is a bug.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
I just killed pumpkinhead and it indeed is a 22 hour refresh. One candy corn bag showed for me this time, but nothing else.
I just asked CS to ignore my bug report because I don't think it is a bug.
I have killed twice and not within 22 hours but nothing. There some drop issue going on here.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
Today i got the bag from pumpkin head. But i am not sure are we supposed to get bag every 22h kill or we may or may not get anything apart from xp.

If we are supposed to get a bag then there is some issue going on and I have bug reported. If we may or may not get anything in that case please ignore my bug report.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
You have to physically pick up the bag of candy corn from where it's lying (under everyone's feet) on the ground. It will only drop for you 22 hours after the last time it dropped for you, and I believe that if you fail to pick it up, you simply lose it. (It won't drop again 2 hours later, if you kill him again.)

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
You have to physically pick up the bag of candy corn from where it's lying (under everyone's feet) on the ground. It will only drop for you 22 hours after the last time it dropped for you, and I believe that if you fail to pick it up, you simply lose it. (It won't drop again 2 hours later if you kill him again.)
^ This is, to the best of my knowledge, correct.

Pumpkin Head works along the same rules as an Elder and the pumpkin bag is, in essence, an elder frag.
The cooldown or refresh rate for Pumpkin Head is 22 hours. If he is refreshed, he will drop an individual bag that only you will see. If he is not refreshed, he will not drop a bag.

The problem is that while the pumpkin bag operates by the same rules as an elder frag, it most certainly does not look like one. An elder frag is a huge, glowing object that drops among a small group of players. The pumpkin bag is a dull, tiny object that drops among a hoard of players. Were it not for the name tag, it would be nearly impossible to spot. It's hard to spot when it pops because it is tiny and there is only one of them that you can see. Once it hits the ground it becomes obscured by the 40 players that are dancing about setting off toys like forests and fireworks. If the bounty is refreshed the bag WILL be there... somewhere... but it will be hard to locate until the crowd begins to disperse.

Perhaps in some future Haunted Moors the devs can be persuaded to change the graphic of the pumpkin bag to something like a glowing pumpkin head about the same size as an elder frag [hint, hint] and all will be well.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
The problem is that while the pumpkin bag operates by the same rules as an elder frag, it most certainly does not look like one. An elder frag is a huge, glowing object that drops among a small group of players. The pumpkin bag is a dull, tiny object that drops among a hoard of players. Were it not for the name tag, it would be nearly impossible to spot. It's hard to spot when it pops because it is tiny and there is only one of them that you can see. Once it hits the ground it becomes obscured by the 40 players that are dancing about setting off toys like forests and fireworks. If the bounty is refreshed the bag WILL be there... somewhere... but it will be hard to locate until the crowd begins to disperse.
Very true, last night it was actually 30 to 35 players and the bag dropped right in front of me so i easily spotted it. But the other days it's over 50 players in one spot and if the bag even drops there i might have missed it altogether 🤔. I myself not sure about this. But yes making the text similar like elder fragment will definitely help in getting it when 50 plus players squeeze into one area.

Felina

Adventurer
I have done this bounty on multiple toons (when it has been active) and I have found that more often than not the bag drops but sometime it does not. This I assumed to be the "trick" element rather than a bug - but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and get candy every time :)

justbequiet

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
I concur. the bags aren't consistently dropping.

Perhaps it might be possible to just make this item go straight to the inventory just like all the other bounties in the event zone? I cant imagine anyone would choose NOT to ever pick it up.

P.S. also sent this as a CS Ticket

Reactions: Argus
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I moved my "view" of the bounty fight to almost overhead and I can now see when the bag pops and more easily grab it.
I assumed they are instanced so only the player it is meant for can see it because I see notifications of people picking up bags and I see no bags.

If you continue to encounter problems please do bug report so they can check to see if it is indeed a bug.