Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

It's getting to be that time. This is your one week advance notice that the holiday event zone will be leaving on:

Monday, January 17th.

So please plan accordingly, and enjoy this last week of snowy fun! :)

(Also, since I know many of you are wondering this: the 17th is strictly for the removal of the Grinchta event zone, and we will not be adding the next event zone yet on that day. Or the new raid yet.)

GalacticBat

BRA Member
Platform
Android, PC
Should be in announcements, no?
Edit: Lol! Posted to announcements as I typed :)

Constantine ElSheba

Arch Wizard
Characters
ElSheba, ElMarie, el lisa
Platform
Android
Only removing the event or also adding something to the game (no raid or next event)?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Only removing the event or also adding something to the game (no raid or next event)?
Only removing the current event zone with Monday's patch. (The next raid season and next event zone will come sometime later. There's usually an event zone starting around Valentine's Day (Sugarsweet.) During the most recent Twitch livestream with the devs, I think they said that they hope to launch the new raid season around the end of January.)

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Only removing the current event zone with Monday's patch. (The next raid season and next event zone will come sometime later. There's usually an event zone starting around Valentine's Day (Sugarsweet.) During the most recent Twitch livestream with the devs, I think they said that they hope to launch the new raid season around the end of January.)
During the last livestream they said their goal for the new raid season was January 1st (this is about half way through the live stream if you want to fact check this).
It is sad to see that Grinchta is leaving but raids did not start since many players have been waiting for raids to start since January 1st. Removing an event when players are expecting something else to start but that something not starting leads to disappointment.
I do not think Grinchta should be removed at this time if raids are not starting; if burning out is a concern, burning out is reduced by when the player stops playing something, an event zone closing only forces the player to stop playing but players always have the choice to stop playing before an event ends.

Reactions: Ceres and Emmyy
  • Likex2

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
Can't make everyone happy.... :rolleyes::cautious:

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I trust the devs are doing there best and support there choices, down time is indeed important especially for players not maxed out in lvl yet. I choose to believe the devs are just being defensive and that the new raid season will be coming very soon maby even on the 17th as a surprise but only if things can run smooth by then.

either way they have my complete confidence and support, if your reading this keep up the good work guys no pressure.

Reactions: Nilpahhhh
  • Likex1

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
If your angry for no raids you can blame the folks who wanted turn the game into villages and sims....
Dont understand why you Devs not give us a vote like, vote 1 for new lvl's, vote 2 for more raids and a vote for who the heck wants villages and sims. Anyhow hope the new content is going swell and please dont make my sim have to go pee pee i hated that in sims grrrrr

Constantine ElSheba

Arch Wizard
Characters
ElSheba, ElMarie, el lisa
Platform
Android
If your angry for no raids you can blame the folks who wanted turn the game into villages and sims....
Dont understand why you Devs not give us a vote like, vote 1 for new lvl's, vote 2 for more raids and a vote for who the heck wants villages and sims. Anyhow hope the new content is going swell and please dont make my sim have to go pee pee i hated that in sims grrrrr
Because it's called VILLAGERS and HEROES

Reactions: Panthera and Zazie
  • Lovex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Oh my goodness! The whole thing is do what you want. Yes, in order to do somethings you have to engage in some combat, but there is so much you can do as a villager.
Things have changed so much from long ago, we could not get to most gathering places without combat and if we needed to gather lots we had to have someone act as a guard if we were squishy. They (the devs) listened to our pleas and gave us some awesome areas to gather.

We've said many times over the years, they do try to balance the improvements, additions and expansions to appeal to all. They can only do so much with a small group. So maybe keep letting them know what you like, what you dislike and what you'd like to see. Their wish list I'm sure is long and they work really hard to make us ALL happy! :)

Gypsy

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
PC
Hi, Everyone,

It's getting to be that time. This is your one week advance notice that the holiday event zone will be leaving on:

Monday, January 17th.

So please plan accordingly, and enjoy this last week of snowy fun! :)

(Also, since I know many of you are wondering this: the 17th is strictly for the removal of the Grinchta event zone, and we will not be adding the next event zone yet on that day. Or the new raid yet.)
Thank you so much for the one week notice :)