Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited by a moderator
Hi, Everyone,

It's getting to be that time. This is your advance notice that the Grinchta's Lair Event Zone will be leaving on:

Tuesday, January 27th or 28th.

So please spend the next week gathering all your holiday rewards and goodies, and beating down those bosses a few more times until next year! :)

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Oh dear. I'm on mobile so I can't tell how close I am to finishing the Winter Wonderland quest. I know pretty much which dailies I've been doing every day so I can count them up but can someone remind me what day the EZ started?

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
way too many... :)
Platform
Android, PC
Oh dear. I'm on mobile so I can't tell how close I am to finishing the Winter Wonderland quest. I know pretty much which dailies I've been doing every day so I can count them up but can someone remind me what day the EZ started?
The EZ started on 12/18. Also, if you've been doing the crafting quests, you can see how many (complete) toys you have made as a kind of round-about check. :)

Kronar

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Kronar
Platform
Android
So on January 26 you close the zone? short duration compared to the others .......

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
So on January 26 you close the zone? short duration compared to the others .......
Event zones are expected to last about 4-6 weeks. If they last longer, it tends to be the exception rather than the norm. (Looking at trends over a period of several years, instead of just over the past year.)

:cry: I couldn't get enough blue things currency to get what I want despite I did not miss one day.
bought the brown deer, the horns and that's it for the blue side. not enough for the mushroom mount (will need 80 more at the end of the event, 2 days more).
non combat quests did not provide enough of those blue thing imho.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
:cry: I couldn't get enough blue things currency to get what I want despite I did not miss one day.
bought the brown deer, the horns and that's it for the blue side. not enough for the mushroom mount (will need 80 more at the end of the event, 2 days more).
non combat quests did not provide enough of those blue thing imho.
I was noticing something similar this year, related to the joys. (And what I saw this year doesn't quite match my memories of other years, when I got the blue fungi mount on two other toons.) I don't feel that I was slacking in the event zone at all, but I was honestly expecting that by the time the ez closed, I would have enough bottled winters saved up from Grinchta kills so that I would not have to spend spirits buying them! Instead, I only have about 70-80 bottled winters. (And that's after about 6 weeks of many Grinchta kills, with THREE other mounts earned!)

For next year, I would suggest slightly increasing the chances of getting a bottled winter from Grinchta's sack. The blue fungi mount might not cost as many joys as the brown reindeer or yeti mount, but I would expect that by the end of the season (if you killed Grinchta enough times, as I feel that I have done), you would have earned enough bottled winters so that you didn't have to outright BUY more of them.

There's already a major investment in getting all of the joys required to buy the main part of the blue fungi mount. Imo there isn't really a need to require spending a lot of spirits on it too, especially if you're been grinding the event zone all season long.

Thanks! :)

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Will there be a stat update with event zone leaving? I’m trying to lvl an alt and everytime I equipped gear the stats are changing after equipping. Example 18% crit is now 15% crit once equipped. If I’m comparing it to gear I have on it really should just say what it’s value is. Not change once Iv put it on.

Glockenfee

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Glockenfee / Glöckchen
Platform
PC
Hi everybody - can anybody tell us, is the date for departure grinch 26th?
thans and greetings from EU2

Glockenfee

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Glockenfee / Glöckchen
Platform
PC
Yes, I read Para's post, it was last week. Since I haven't seen any system messages for 2 days, it could have been that something has changed. Hence the question of whether the date 26.01. is still up to date

Reactions: knubson
  • Hahax1

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc,ishadowroyc
Platform
PC
Time to get the bouncers to kick Grinch out!...on 27th or 28th ...hehe
Is it apple again?