Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
This is some feedback for the Grinchta event as it is currently.

Event Vendor
- Prices of items have changed due to more quests and bosses but prices of outfits have more than doubled in some cases. Increasing prices higher while increasing the number of quests is just inflation and causing players to do more things for the same or less rewards than before.
- The new mount, the snow leopard, is amazing but, is only in the event vendor for Joys which are mainly gained from the extensive crafting quests in the zone. I'll get more to those quests later but, I wanted to bring up that it feels forced to either do these quests or go to crown store since there is no way to get enough Joys from the other quests unless the event runs over 6 weeks.

Christmas Bash
- The layout is not ideal where you enter stage 1 then stage 2 then stage 3 while obtaining quests before event running the Bash. It would better to obtain all the quests in one area, then progress linearly and not have to run back and forth or through long corridors.
- Stage 1 and 2 require 3 bosses and 10 goons, on each side of the stages there are only 3 bosses and 9 goons, but if someone kills the goons before you can hit them you do not credit and have to wait, goons required per stage should be reduced to 3 or 0.
- Lighting affix and templar are very annoying in these kinds of areas when everything is about speed, these affixes are not fun to play with and would be more enjoyable without them.
🌟- Requiring 15 daily quests to unlock more content in an event zone does not seem right. This requires at least 5 days to complete unless doing them every 16 hours which is unhealthy (see below point) and simply to ask, why is it required to do dailies 15 times? To delay the content? Delaying content is not required if it's enjoyable because people will continue to do the same content if they enjoy it. If someone does not enjoy crafting but there's 3 dailies to complete to unlock the Bash, they will not want to do the crafting dailies, but that's 2 of the 3 dailies so delays that player further. If the player is not strong enough to kill goons they will be dissuaded from doing that daily quest. In the end these players do not play the Bash because just to get there was unenjoyable when these players might've loved those group Bash runs. Why did I not put this point first, I do not know, ima just put emojis to bring attention to it 🌟
- Mobile can not get the reward which has a RNG box similar to the Pumpkin Box Mount. Due to the RNG of the box people will want to do this content as much as possible to not miss out on this Limited item (FOMO). Then because a section playerbase can not obtain it currently it will make the FOMO worse. This is a more personal view but FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) encourages unhealthy playing styles similar to gambling.

Daily Quests
- Materials for Goons has 3 possible tasks, obtain 5 leather straps, 5 stout pipes, or 5 sturdy gears. To get 5 leather straps, 10 bristle pelts and 20 goosburg thread are required, for 5 stout pipes, 10 iron hobnails and 10 iron ingots, while sturdy gears requires 10 copper ingots and 5 tigris oil. Whether lv30 item is too high or not is up for debate for new players but that's not the main point. Leather straps and stout pipes are incredibly resource heavy, to make 20 goosburg threads requires 100 goosburg cloth, why does a daily require so many materials espicially compared to sturdy gear which needs a total of 15 refined materials compared to 100.
Leather strap recipe should change to be only 2 bristle pelts and 1 or 2 goosburg threads and stout pipe to 1 iron hobnail. Also the quests Materials for Goons and Cooking for Goons should only require 1 completed item instead of 5. Having a quest require the 1 item or 5 of the same item does not make the quest more enjoyable, it just require more from the player.
- The 4 daily toys, this quest is an extensive crafting adventure, so extensive that it dissuades a lot of players from the event zone. I will be the first to admit I hate crafting in Villagers & Heroes, it's repetitive clicking of one button but I will admit this kind of quest would be great for villager questing outside of an event zone. This kind of quest is elaborate, requires different materials, refined materials, components, different work stations, it literally has it all... so why is it required for an event zone meant for everyone? It requires almost a whole bag of materials that its easier to bite the bullet and frustration by crafting for X amount of days at once and then live off the toy components which is half a bag of components instead but to imagine a new player to do this is too much and personally see people dissuaded from the event zone because of these quests than are excited. I want to repeat, this type of quest is great if it was outside of an event zone. Event zone quests shouldn't require this much of everything.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
I personally don't really mind the crafting quest and I do enjoy them. They are actually the thing that make me enjoy Christmas EZ my favorite event and would enjoy even more of them. The part I agree with the OP is that the vendor prize increase is really sucks, especially since Grinch Lair has 2 different currency it force us to do everything to get the reward we want. For me having a lot of different stuff to do in EZ should give me option on what I want to do and choose the thing I enjoy. So the EZ vendor price increase remove the freedom part and make it more of a super grindy torture zone.

As for the Bash quest, I think it's pretty fun, but it is badly balanced. Like a 95s can 1 shot the goon relatively easily which will make other miss the kill. Also not to mention if the group split up it can interfere with the other group. Overall I think quest/content like this that is a race against the time and need coordination should be on instanced format.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Increasing items cost in two times is not compensated by new quests at all. The main thing, that bash need a good Tank and not so many of them around willing to help to every who in need, especially when you average low-middle lvl player. So 90-95% of ppl can't do it at all. So we have a doubled currency cost and nothing to cover it. Many of my friends just stopped to do anything, because spent efforts will not give them reward that they want. We have X-mas currency cost pay wall.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Also that ambush of 4 mobs on the top is a pain for new bad geared players. Every day I see dozen of ppl dying there. X-mas? never hear...only pain and suffering around.. Need change scaling for average type of players to be handle by them. What point of that suffering and running all way back to the top again?

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
And this goons who are social with the bosses. Ppls trying hit and run and that leads to the stuck for boss and we need to spent near 20 min on tries to kill him throught the Aegis, because he can't return to his spawn place. How about to make some goons for free kill? or change quest for killing some Bosses instead of goons if you want make this quest for groups.
Boss Stuck.jpg

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1

amandiell

Bog Frog
Characters
Amandiell, Wookester, Ilta
Platform
PC, Steam
I also have to mention the problem with goons. Even when we are in party and close enough to get credit for killing things, people in the party are getting different numbers. One gets 9 at the end of a side, one gets 5, one gets 2, one gets NONE! There is something very wrong with the goons. Needing 10 but having only 9 on each side is already a problem, yet now we have a credit problem too

(and YES! I stop doing the crafting quests when they ask for stout pipes or leather straps)

Valkress

Legendary Hero
Characters
Valkress Martok Koloth
Platform
Android
Goons are too hard to kill. Even as a level 58 and the only one killing them, I die almost all the time. I dont think anyone should have to party up with anyone just to kill goons.

I agree with the amounts to craft for the 2 goon quests... 5 of each is alot and requiring eggs that lower level ranch people cant acquire isnt fair to many.

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Two of my friends have recently rebirthed, they both had the Christmas Bash unlocked and have done it once before rebirthing.
Now, they HAVE NO ACCESS TO CHRISTMAS BASH OR THE QUESTS TO GAIN ACCESS TO CHRISTMAS BASH.
It's fine that people can't redo main event zone quests since they have big rewards but, the Christmas Bash is more than rewards, it's brand new content. You shouldn't lose the ability to access content in an event zone because you rebirthed, rebirthing is part of the game and not accessing the Christmas Bash because you played a different part of the game that's not part of the event does not make sense. Quests to unlock content in the event zone should not exist.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Two of my friends have recently rebirthed, they both had the Christmas Bash unlocked and have done it once before rebirthing.
Now, they HAVE NO ACCESS TO CHRISTMAS BASH OR THE QUESTS TO GAIN ACCESS TO CHRISTMAS BASH.
It's fine that people can't redo main event zone quests since they have big rewards but, the Christmas Bash is more than rewards, it's brand new content. You shouldn't lose the ability to access content in an event zone because you rebirthed, rebirthing is part of the game and not accessing the Christmas Bash because you played a different part of the game that's not part of the event does not make sense. Quests to unlock content in the event zone should not exist.
I'll bet this is unintentional and hopefully they'll fix it soon.

justbequiet

Villager
Platform
iOS, PC
Th
Was about to rebirth an alt but with this bug, am going to put rebirth on hold until a patch fixes this. Thats definitely not good for the people affected!

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
To voice a slightly different experience:
I have done a rebirth on one of my toons recently, between the start of the Event Zone and the last patch. Before rebirthing, I did the first two side quests for the zone "Welcome to Grinchta's Lair" and "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and started "Winter Wonderland", but I did not finish it.
I the meantime I have finished Plumkiss' quests starting with "A Present to Remeber" and "Home of Plumkiss", including the 15 daily quest requirement, unlocking the "Christmas Bash" (almost) daily quest.

After rebirth I did not have access to "Welcome to Grinchta's Lair", which popped up after logging on first time after the Event Zone patch, so I have no access to that questline. I have been told that it is intentional. Still, a note or reminder in the rebirth questionaire would be nice, so you know that rebirthing at this time will rob you about 4-6 days worth of Event Zone currency. Especially now when the prices went up quite a bit.

I had - on the other hand - access to "A Present to Remember" quest and its sequels that opens the hideout and leads to "Christmas Bash".

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
A couple years back there were problems with people rebirthing mid one of the event zones to multiply particular rewards, like a multiple socket reward, so they made some fundamental changes to the event zone due to exploitation of this particular feature, this might be why.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Again... awesome bugged boss with Lightning affix and we cannot suppress him through aegis. We tried reset him 3 times but no chance...He just get random aegis while focus some ranged...and with that stupid affix we can't kill him
Boss stuck2.jpg

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Jingle boss have broken ability not only for low levels but for middle lvls also. Today I got oneshoted by crit of his AoE. My fury warrior 75 lvl fully legendary-epic geared so he have a good HP-pool more then 30k+ 2k shields. He have more then 30% of M-def (How explain by experienced players all ability counts as magic attack). I am not a tank so I dont need 50%+ of it.
war.jpg
Also others bosses crit me around 20k with their AoE crits. thats almost 2/3 of my HP. Other players in melee just die several at time...

I think that very obvious that people don't enforce their gear with Pdef and Mdef while leveling, bqs no any point to do that.

So we have Boss with ability that just randomly oneshot players when it crits. And we have no chance to avoid it, bqs that ability has no any notification like "I will smash you now!" where we must have few second to react. That's really stupid and and unjust and gives only feeling that is that just bad ability design.

And if we look on other bosses we will see that they hit AoE melee only and nothing ever going to ranged.
- AoE Stun to tank and melee
- AoE Around boss to melee and tank
- AoE around tank to tank and melee (archers bosses)

Some bosses like Druda and Grinchta hit all players, but NEVER nothing is going only to ranged camp.

Why only melee suffer? Why we mast tag boss and stay aside and wait untill ranged kill them? and boss hase additional scaling and fight become longer. Is that game design? Is that game design? Thats look like crisis of imagination!
- We create a boss!!
-- what he can do?
- he hit melee with AoE and AoE stun!
-- WOW awesome....

Plumkiss is much better. But again melee suffer much more.
- Long AoE stun around the boss.
- AoE around the boss with slow debuff.
- AoE shots that shoot to several players at melee and hits stacked players several times.
And when tank move boss to the middle for hitting adds, before chilling Vortex came, then all melee camp got stunned and get hitted by Vortex and many ppls die. Ranged just jump on the balk and dont care about everything at all...Vortex dont hit them there. Sure, some ranged also stay near the boss but that because they not to much smart...but anyway ranged not bound to the boss like melee.

Again I repeat when you design bosses that hits only some classes only, thats looks only like bad game design and crisis of imagination...

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Also Grinchta have sometimes lose agro from tank and focus on those who hit adds. Thats usually happens when you solo kill 2 wave of adds in a row.

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
When we have oneshot mechanic we also must have a way to avoid it.

1) Make warning before boss attack, like "I will hit you hard" or Red AoE Circle and give few second to react. With server-lag that's not helps to match but at least gives some chance.

And always need count that Lag-issue until it get solved. On the Grinch, Vortex that circling around the room hase some random teleports due the lag and thats often leads to many death, becouse ppl not bothering to count in the mind the place of possible appear of the vortex.. and they must not do that...thats not their fault that the visual appear of the vortex just randomly jumps around the room.

2) Most obvious and easy to fix way - just set crit modifier on thats AoE Ability to ZERO. So players did not get random unjust onehshot kills. And remove all possibilities to do some kind "crushing blow" thats do increasing base AoE damage.

Grafire

Legendary Hero
Characters
grafire, Swift Justice, Surger, Last Rites, Nock Em
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
In the hideout, can we make the doors only go up on click. (remove the door down on click)
Many times players get stuck at the doors.
Two people click about the same time and the door goes up/down.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Some stuff in some EZ is more all inclusive than other stuff in other EZ. Personally I found the Halloween ez was super easy for all I had no problems at all with it my first year but this ez my first year was shaky at best. grinchta and jingle i remember being killers, still I rejected the craft quests and felt like I did ok by the end of the event.

I chalk it down to not everything is ment to be comfortable or even do able when you barely put any effort into a game and cobble together a Demi built toon (Legendary gear isn’t automatically good because it’s legendary sometimes it’s garbage) If you work harder and learn more success will come, this is now my second year doing this event and I have zero problems with difficulty.

don’t forget this is a game, not a “I win“ button. You have to earn your wins here.

Reactions: Ketta
  • Likex1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Legendary gear means that it have big HP pool so that mean that players in it have at 10-15% more HP then in epic and near 20-30% more HP then in rare. Personally I prefer DPS stats over Defence and dont put Armor or Magic resist runes while leveling and prefer CDR/Crit etc. Thats gives me faster kills for the same period of time. I dont need to have tons of defence bqs I am not tank and that not my role. I am DPS and do my role. So everyone must do their role - Tanks take damage while DD do damage. Sure, You have no problems with difficulty because you are tank and can tank even Plumkiss solo...I say about average players who are not tanks and dont have even epic gear. Event zone is must be playable for most player and not for chosen tanks. 30% of defence is a good value for DPS focused players and have a good HP pool is additional bonus for spent efforts for legendary gear but this boss just dont care and oneshot everything around when he crit with his ability. Thats not normal kind of thing for the chill in the event zone, which the main purpose of all EZ...Thats a mistake that was not fixed for years and forced people to think that it like normal kind of things. This game like diamond in a huge rock but tons of this little mistake make that rock larger and larger and in the end diamond not looks so precious to enjoy it.