Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Heloq
Platform
  1. iOS
...are baaaaaad.

See what I did there.

But anyway, the cost of golden sheep, plus the amount of flutes / lutes / brushes you have to buy, almost makes them cost prohibitive /neutral. It's almost as if nothing is gained. Some changes should be made here.

First off, they should be "harvested" the same as every other animal, 22 HRs, so that you can time it with all your other toons.

Secondly the sale price should be much higher than the 190ish gold you get. Considering you pay 100 gold, and you probably go through 5-6 flutes/lutes/brushes each, you literally are at 190g invested almost.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie, Neither, Baa
Platform
  1. PC
That's an excellent point about the cost of the flutes/lutes/brushes in relation to the sell price of the golden sheep! I do not remember the value of the golden sheep ever being adjusted, despite the numerous level cap raises that have happened since then.

When the golden sheep were introduced, the old permanent ranching tools were still available from the item shop. If you still have those, golden sheep are a LOT more profitable than if you don't!!

I had never thought about it before, but my toons who have the most golden sheep and who are least likely to keep them in storage are my three toons who are lucky enough to still have the old "never breaks" ranching tools!! No wonder!

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
...are baaaaaad.

See what I did there.

But anyway, the cost of golden sheep, plus the amount of flutes / lutes / brushes you have to buy, almost makes them cost prohibitive /neutral. It's almost as if nothing is gained. Some changes should be made here.

First off, they should be "harvested" the same as every other animal, 22 HRs, so that you can time it with all your other toons.

Secondly the sale price should be much higher than the 190ish gold you get. Considering you pay 100 gold, and you probably go through 5-6 flutes/lutes/brushes each, you literally are at 190g invested almost.
AGREED. I maxed 9 Golden Sheep and was really disappointed in the sale price of 182g each, as well as the longer harvest times. 🫤

Reactions: Renaiss and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
These are some good points. I'm also one of the lucky ones who still had the chance to buy the sturdy tools so I usually made a good enough money by selling the sheeps. They really should bring those items back to the crown shop along your suggestions on daily harvest (which should also make them a viable passive income via their fleece, right now even at max level it's a pretty small amount of gold) and sell price increase.

Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Heloq
Platform
  1. iOS
I would LOVE to have a set of sturdy tools, and even though I've been around a while, they weren't a thing when I started. This is something easily updated by upping the sale price, and getting rid of the odd harvesting times.

Reactions: Renaiss and Xantia
  • Likex2

Massakari

Shaman
Characters
Massakari
Platform
  1. Android
Why were the permanent ranching tools removed from the Crown Store to begin with?

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1