Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi,
We completed our investigation of the gold exploit. We think it's fixed now. We also added many more security measures to detect and diagnose these in the future.

Thank you for your patience -- this took longer than we expected to investigate and fix.

Best, Damon

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Hi,
We completed our investigation of the gold exploit. We think it's fixed now. We also added many more security measures to detect and diagnose these in the future.

Thank you for your patience -- this took longer than we expected to investigate and fix.

Best, Damon
Thanks for all your hard work! 🙂

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
One important question still left: is exploited gold will be removed? Its presence destroys the economy and it will take years before it returns to normal way.
20210901161156_1.jpg20210901161708_1.jpg

Reactions: Mari and Zaphyra
  • Likex1
  • Wowx1

Rohana

Adventurer
Characters
Rohana - Romilly
Platform
PC, Steam
I wonder if the rest of the excess gold will still be removed from the US1 server?
I know that many players who benefited from the exploit had some gold removed, but despite this, these same players spent hundreds of gold with premium mounts from Lake Kiwa and everything they could put the hands of the Circus du Darrig (unfortunately, for me, these items have become a symbol of villains), there is still plenty of gold available on the server, just look at AH and see how the prices are still high especially for things in the Store.
Who, playing honestly, would spend 10,000~20,000 to buy a mount that in the Store costs 170 crowns (the value before the exploit was around 2,250 golds)? Who, playing honestly, would spend 600~999 golds on a single socket, knowing how hard it is to get that gold?
The conversion from crown to gold was always 1x10~15, today, this conversion no longer exists, everything is crazy.
How is it for a beginner player to buy or do anything, since getting gold playing without using any kind of cheat takes months and months, not to say years?
I am not a player whose focus is to get as much gold as I can in the game, but I feel seriously offended when I see thieves walking around with their luxury mounts while the honest players keep getting hurt for everything they did.
I sincerely hope that this gold is not forgotten on the server, I know that the team is small and that the time spent on this is valuable, but in the long run, keeping this on the server will also be harmful.

Hugs
Rohana

Mari

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
TheOaK
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
I wonder if the rest of the excess gold will still be removed from the US1 server?
I know that many players who benefited from the exploit had some gold removed, but despite this, these same players spent hundreds of gold with premium mounts from Lake Kiwa and everything they could put the hands of the Circus du Darrig (unfortunately, for me, these items have become a symbol of villains), there is still plenty of gold available on the server, just look at AH and see how the prices are still high especially for things in the Store.
Who, playing honestly, would spend 10,000~20,000 to buy a mount that in the Store costs 170 crowns (the value before the exploit was around 2,250 golds)? Who, playing honestly, would spend 600~999 golds on a single socket, knowing how hard it is to get that gold?
The conversion from crown to gold was always 1x10~15, today, this conversion no longer exists, everything is crazy.
How is it for a beginner player to buy or do anything, since getting gold playing without using any kind of cheat takes months and months, not to say years?
I am not a player whose focus is to get as much gold as I can in the game, but I feel seriously offended when I see thieves walking around with their luxury mounts while the honest players keep getting hurt for everything they did.
I sincerely hope that this gold is not forgotten on the server, I know that the team is small and that the time spent on this is valuable, but in the long run, keeping this on the server will also be harmful.

Hugs
Rohana
I can say a big NO for this questions. I also can say that this is frustating, unfair and makes me a bit mad.. I couldn't agree more with you.

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Please do not judge everyone who has a nice mount purchased for gold. I saved for months, baked thousands of sweet sea pies and sold them to raise the money to buy mounts for my toons. You are jumping to incorrect conclusions if you see me on my pinto pony and assume my gold was from an exploit. Unless you specifically know the circumstances, please assume the best of other people. I happen to like the look of the pinto mounts.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Allowing the exploiters to keep their Kiwa mounts and Darrig items, sets a terrible precedent. 😬

Players may be encouraged to take advantage of any future exploits, because they might get to keep some of their ill-gotten gains and continue playing V&H, after receiving a slap on the wrist. 😖

I'm not sure if our Devs can look at these transactions and remove items purchased with exploited gold... and/or how much effort this will require... but it might be worth their time, to discourage future exploiters. 🤔

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Rohana

Adventurer
Characters
Rohana - Romilly
Platform
PC, Steam
Please do not judge everyone who has a nice mount purchased for gold. I saved for months, baked thousands of sweet sea pies and sold them to raise the money to buy mounts for my toons. You are jumping to incorrect conclusions if you see me on my pinto pony and assume my gold was from an exploit. Unless you specifically know the circumstances, please assume the best of other people. I happen to like the look of the pinto mounts.
I know that some players have achieved these mounts with a lot of effort, but unfortunately, this doesn't change the fact that, for ME, these mounts have become SYMBOLIC of the villains.
That is why I made the post, that is why I think it is unfair, that is why I said that the HONEST players are still suffering and paying for what they did.
I am sad, sorry, but the facts are there for those who want to see.

Reactions: Bardek and Zaphyra
  • Hahax1
  • Sadx1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
3g per pie is 10 000 pie for 1 mount = 20 000 cane = 1200 days = 3 years for 1 character :), maybe less with bountiful proc. Sounds unrealistic

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
3g per pie is 10 000 pie for 1 mount = 20 000 cane = 1200 days = 3 years for 1 character :), maybe less with bountiful proc. Sounds unrealistic
Except no one said they only sold pies, or that they only had one character. Plus some of us have been playing for much longer than three years.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I do not believe in "honest", when players sell something in 100-1000 times higher then normal and think that is OK, just luck to got a big deal...

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
I want to hear more another cool story how I get million in last 2 month

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Except no one said they only sold pies, or that they only had one character. Plus some of us have been playing for much longer than three years.
I just want to say that a Pie-business is not the thing that can make you rich. And mention it like main source of the gold....make me.....humble laugh...and make me not believe in cool story

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I'm in year 10, 2 toons @ lvl 95 with 5 rebirths each, still collecting red darrig coins for a mount and gold for a Lake Kiwa mount. I also do not have enough gold to buy a Lake Kiwa mount or darrig coins for a mount. Granted I don't make and sell pies or other preparations regularly or I might have enough for a Lake Kiwa mount.
But I understand what Ro is talking about; when we watched a large group of players switch through their mounts to show of their stable of premium mounts from Lake Kiwa and Darrig zone :(

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I've had several Kiwa and Darrig mounts on different characters. I spent 100s of rl $$$ buying and selling Crown items to buy/earn those mounts and other Darrig items. It really chaps my hide to know that the exploiters might have gotten these items for FREE. 🤬🤬🤬

But Darrigs give much more than just fashion or mounts... there are also garden, ranching, gathering, crafting, combat and treasure buffs... as well as full and half health/mana potions and Rezzies.

If exploiters were using their "free gold" to buy hundreds of Darrig Chests and Keys... then they may have hundreds of valuable buffs stockpiled... to give them an unfair advantage in leveling-up their Villager skills, Raids, Elders, etc. 😖

For example... there's a Life Bringer potion that grants players 70% Abundant Harvest. I've used this pot to quickly level my gardening. If you plant your highest level experience crops, use Miracle Water to speed harvests (also found in Darrigs)... then use a pie, gob, triad, Sabethe's Secrets and any other Village buffs... you may harvest up to 125 plants from one crop... this is 5X THE NORMAL EXP IN HALF THE TIME for each harvest. Normally these buffs are cost prohibitive... but exploiters may have thousands of Darrig items stockpiled. 🤬

EDIT: Let's not forget that Darrigs also give Bounty Hunter Marks, which give 2x Bounty exp and 2x Medallions... and Clockwork Harvesters, which give 10x the mats/gather. 😖

Reactions: Bardek
  • Lovex1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Presumption of innocence was compromised and now any Kiwa-mount owner looks like gold-exploiter...Thanks to some guys...
Sure 30k is huge amount but nothing that cannot be achieved by trade....but pie-business cannot be main source...only in pink dreams

Reactions: Black_Cvlt
  • Hahax1

Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Cheaters spread gold to the crown sellers, then it going through AH to some ppl who sell mats. So ppl who focus on the active gathering and trade is getting their false gold. Here we can add ppl who 100 times overpricely sold their stored Red chests. So around 5% of ppl get richer and other 95% get poor, because they ddt bothering by gathering for trade and plaing just for fun. So ppl who play normal way and bought mats for 3-5 g before, now must pay 10-20. So they become poorler at 3-5 times. And crown items lifted to the skies so they have no chance buy it at all....

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Sadx1
Status
Not open for further replies.