Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
Just would like to point out, before the changes a while back, the gnogmenting was fine, much easier to see when you were about to make a mistake . But I guess the devs like when you destroy your gear. That way you can spend more time trying to rebuild. Good luck with that.

Braithos

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
  1. PC
  2. Steam
Sorry Greenwich--I am just the opposite. I think it is a whole lot easier now than before, especially when changing their suggested picks.

Reactions: Nebiah
  • Likex1

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I think that the interface should not auto-fill runes and select base stats unless specifically requested by the user. It is the auto-fill that is a huge problem, costing players needless sockets and often choosing inferior rune selections. Also, the socket cost should be listed right on the rune selection pane itself, not on the final review screen. Other than that, the UI is crisp and clean. These little quirks are causing players much more harm than they even realize.

Reactions: Catori and Zazie
  • Likex2

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
Just thought it was more practical before and much easier to quickly see which item you are keeping.
Also I am on PC.. not sure what mobile looks like.

They could have fixed this by creating a type of destroy lock, making it not possible to destroy an item by any means while locked. Unless of course they prefer to profit from your mistakes. In that case, better leave things as they are.

Nebiah

Grand Shaman
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I like gnogmenting now better than before; the only drawback is when the gnogmentation downgrades the gear and I do wish we had a warning tooltip for that. I know it doesn't (technically) change anything except the color, but it's a horrifying thing to accidentally downgrade gear.

Reactions: Panthera
  • Likex1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
  1. PC
I like gnogmenting now better than before; the only drawback is when the gnogmentation downgrades the gear and I do wish we had a warning tooltip for that. I know it doesn't (technically) change anything except the color, but it's a horrifying thing to accidentally downgrade gear.
There is an unobvious warning - the background on the final product will show the rarity.

Nebiah

Grand Shaman
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
There is an unobvious warning - the background on the final product will show the rarity.
Yes, but sadly I can't always see this color difference. It had been awhile, but I accidentally knocked a beautiful legendary axe down to the bottom of the barrel just this week.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
If items remained "legendary" after gnogmenting with a higher level item, that would be much, much more confusing for new players, since it would appear that the weapon was still uber powerful, when in fact it had less hitting power than a breath of wind.

Legendary items only lose their legendary staus if you gnog them onto higher level gear - because stats which are legendary at level 1 are pretty mediocre at level 95.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
It's not too hard to learn how to be careful with the newer system I will admit, just needed to get used to it. I still feel like I could see the item that was being gognmented better in the older version though. I guess coming from the old throws you off and if you were new coming into it, maybe it would be easier take in, I dont know.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I don't know how it was before the current gnogmenting process, but I would like to be able to reuse my sockets. Ex: If I gnogment a staff with 5 runes, and want to create a staff with 5 runes, it shouldn't cost me 1 socket, because of the slots on the last staff.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
  1. PC
Not sure what you mean, there, but you do know that you can transfer runes to another weapon at no socket cost. It is when you add new runes that you spend sockets..

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
way too many... :)
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
If I remember correctly, the final gnog screen used to let you compare the finished product with what you have equipped. I really miss that feature. It was nice to confirm that the final item compares to my equipped item in the way I was expecting, to know I didn't choose something wrong in the previous steps.

Frostalite

Wizard
Characters
Frostalite, Herocrusher, and H2O Shaman( Hooshman, get it ?)
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Values are values, even if the rarity decreases you are still using an item with the values noted in the final gnogmentation. Those numbers are what really matter.

Reactions: Myst
  • Likex1

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
  3. Steam
Not sure what you mean, there, but you do know that you can transfer runes to another weapon at no socket cost. It is when you add new runes that you spend sockets..
If you upgrade the rune it also can cost a socket (ie changing the 95 restore rune for a 98 one that just dropped for you)

Reactions: Nebiah
  • Likex1