Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
Okay so let me get this straight, if a weapon has certain spells on it, and you find armor with the exact same spell rune on it, it then does it boost the spell on the weapon?
You're on the right track. When you see armor with a rune on it that appears to be the same as on your weapon, you'll notice a key difference... The rune on the armor will have (+) next to its name. This is what's called an augmentation rune. It increases the power of the rune that's on the weapon.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There are actually three types of runes. The most important are base runes, which are the actual spells, feats etc. These can be active runes such as spells or feats, found on weapons, necklaces, trinkets and class items (spellbooks, hunting knives, sceptres etc) or passive runes such as stormpower or hysteria, found on armour or hats. All of those give you the specific feat.

Next are augmentation runes. These are found on drops, and are distinguished by the plus sign. These only ADD to an existing base rune - if you don't already have the feat, they do nothing.

Finally there are reinforcement runes. These are only found on crafted gear, and generally only on gear that is 3 star or better. These are similar to augmentation runes, but they boost STATS, and they have one other crucial difference, which is that they add to zero (ie even if you don't already have that stat they give you a small amount of it. Reinforcement runes are also different from augmentation runes in that they can boost both stats and what are now called glyph abilities (or what some of us still think of as rare stats) which are otherwise only gained as random abilities on gear which is either rare or epic.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
When it comes to base and secondary equipment stats, there are some that always appear on crafted gear, and others that can only be found on wild drops. Does anyone have a handy chart with this breakdown?
Something like this?

ED605F0B-3FD3-47CE-AD0B-8F6F38B08C3A.jpeg

SnowbearKay

Citizen
Characters
KayelighDawn
Platform
Android, PC
There are actually three types of runes. The most important are base runes, which are the actual spells, feats etc. These can be active runes such as spells or feats, found on weapons, necklaces, trinkets and class items (spellbooks, hunting knives, sceptres etc) or passive runes such as stormpower or hysteria, found on armour or hats. All of those give you the specific feat.

Next are augmentation runes. These are found on drops, and are distinguished by the plus sign. These only ADD to an existing base rune - if you don't already have the feat, they do nothing.

Finally there are reinforcement runes. These are only found on crafted gear, and generally only on gear that is 3 star or better. These are similar to augmentation runes, but they boost STATS, and they have one other crucial difference, which is that they add to zero (ie even if you don't already have that stat they give you a small amount of it. Reinforcement runes are also different from augmentation runes in that they can boost both stats and what are now called glyph abilities (or what some of us still think of as rare stats) which are otherwise only gained as random abilities on gear which is either rare or epic.
So does armor have to have both a spell rune , and a reinforcement rune on it for a character to benefit from that armor, and i guess its the only why to increase your stats besides the base stats that is already on the gear.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
So does armor have to have both a spell rune , and a reinforcement rune on it for a character to benefit from that armor, and i guess its the only why to increase your stats besides the base stats that is already on the gear.
There is no spell armour rune. Armour is inherent on all items of gear, plus you may have a stat which gives bonus armour, and a reinforcement rune which increases armour still further.

Reinforcement runes always add something to your character. Only augmentation runes (the ones with the + sign) require an original "base" rune.
Augmentation runes are from drops. Reinforcement runes are from crafted gear.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Sorry but I still do not understand from this what is crafted and what is a drop. What am I missing?
Blue cells show which stats can be found on which slots.

Items with a diamond are stats that can be natively crafted in that slot (blue without a diamond means that stat is found in that location, but isn’t craftable, I.e., it’s only on drops/elders/quest rewards)

Red diamonds are essentially the same thing, but only for weapon crafters.

Reactions: Anthem
  • Lovex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
Something like this?
Not exactly, it's my understanding that some base and secondary stats can only be found on drops or crafted gear, but not both. Am I incorrect?

For example, Savagery can be found as a base or secondary stat on dropped gloves, but cannot be crafted as a base or secondary stat on gloves? (Not talking about runes) If that's the case, is there a chart that explains this somewhere?

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Not exactly, it's my understanding that some base and secondary stats can only be found on drops or crafted gear, but not both. Am I incorrect?
you're correct and that exactly what Sinjin's table explain, the blue cell without yellow mark show stats that can only be found outside of crafted gear.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I think this is what you’re missing... There is no stat that can only be found on crafted. Crafted weapons have unique skill feats, but that doesn’t apply to native stats; drops/quest/elders can be any combination of valid stats.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
I think this is what you’re missing.
Your stat chart was what I was asking about. It's just that at first glance I mistook it for another iteration of the rune chart.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
I don't understand why gnogmenting requires 2 new sockets when the base weapon (rare lvl 17 club) already has 6 runes on it and the one I want from another weapon (common lvl 12 mace) has two of the same type as the base weapon, one of which has better stats than the base rune. But it won't just swap the old rune for the new one, for some reason it reduces available slots from 6 to 4 so I can't keep all the different runes from the original... I don't get it.
I know! It's so annoying sometimes.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
Okay so let me get this straight, if a weapon has certain spells on it, and you find armor with the exact same spell rune on it, it then does it boost the spell on the weapon?

This is very different from other games that i have played in the past. So i find it a all very confusing when it comes to gnogmenting gear and fixing certain runes on certain pieces and such..
Yup.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
Armor doesn’t always have a reinforcement rune I THINK(not certain).

jacrose

Warrior
Platform
PC
Great guide. Very informative for new players. How do I permanently upgrade my movement speed. I'm at 0% at lvl 36 Warrior. I have a Ardent Society mount but I'm still so slow. I know about Flinterra or whatever its called but that's not permanent.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Walk is 100%. Mounts obtained in game are 150% (including the AS one). Shop mounts are 215%. Golden bridle adds 25% to give a total of 240%.

There are also reward mounts which go even faster.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Armor doesn’t always have a reinforcement rune I THINK(not certain).
You can place armor reinforcement runes on items that don’t have a native armor stat (namely, trinkets), but armor items (head, armor [chest], gloves, legs, boots, and shield) can all have their armor reinforced.

Edit: the general rule of thumb is this… ‘if a stat can be found there, it can be reinforced there (provided the item slot is craftable)’.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
You can place armor reinforcement runes on items that don’t have a native armor stat (namely, trinkets), but armor items (head, armor [chest], gloves, legs, boots, and shield) can all have their armor reinforced.

Edit: the general rule of thumb is this… ‘if a stat can be found there, it can be reinforced there (provided the item slot is craftable)’.
I've noticed one exception to this... even though the game says ARMOR may be found on Head gear, the BONUS ARMOR stat never appears. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug? 🤔

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
iOS
Great guide. Very informative for new players. How do I permanently upgrade my movement speed. I'm at 0% at lvl 36 Warrior. I have a Ardent Society mount but I'm still so slow. I know about Flinterra or whatever its called but that's not permanent.
Can add Charge to your weapon and then have second talent points invested in a fury talent tree, which gives you frenzied. One of these when cast gives you zoom around the map when you click on a mob nearby. Not a mount but fun to zip around and try to dodge mobs with a fast curve around to next mob.