Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I can’t afford to play/buy any other platform and unfortunately im on iOS but I support the devs no matter what as they are ultimately responsible for all the fun I’ve had here over the last few years. It takes as long as it takes ;) but I am missing the game and it’s players.

Regar

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS
Hi Everyone,
I want to apologize to everyone for the down time everyone experienced yesterday- and an even bigger apology to iOS Players who still cannot play as I write this. We have the fix ready to go, and we're just waiting for approval for it to go live.

This was my fault. I'm responsible for pushing builds, and I made a mistake in pushing a build that should not have been pushed.

Later, if anyone is interested, we can give you a detailed technical description of why the build should not have been pushed.

We're hoping we'll be able to make this up to everyone, but for now we're waiting for all of our iOS players to get back online.

Best, Damon
I would be interested to know what caused the issue, but please stop blaming yourself for this. As far as I’m concerned, this was all caused by the cheaters. You were trying to stop that as quickly as possible because of the holiday weekend. I understand that, and I think the vast majority of the community does too.

We appreciate everything you and the entire Otter team does for us, and don’t forget that!

Slaybelle

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
Hi Everyone,
I want to apologize to everyone for the down time everyone experienced yesterday- and an even bigger apology to iOS Players who still cannot play as I write this. We have the fix ready to go, and we're just waiting for approval for it to go live.

This was my fault. I'm responsible for pushing builds, and I made a mistake in pushing a build that should not have been pushed.

Later, if anyone is interested, we can give you a detailed technical description of why the build should not have been pushed.

We're hoping we'll be able to make this up to everyone, but for now we're waiting for all of our iOS players to get back online.

Best, Damon
It’s been two days and counting for iOS users. I love your game. This is a wonderful community, we realize people make mistakes, you are kind to your players, however we know the history with iOS when updates happen on holiday weekends and the time it takes, sometimes days, to get us back in business.

Let’s be even more honest and consider that things may be down for iOS until the wee hours of Monday morning or perhaps until Tuesday when the App Store is fully staffed, after the holiday weekend is over. People are waiting and their frustrations will continue to grow if they are not aware of this possibility.

Some us bought crowns on Friday to use this weekend we would not otherwise have bought had we known the game would be down for days and would have considered other options for entertainment.

Also consider that some of your player base may not be able to travel, have the ability to pivot easily to other things to do, and gaming might be one of the few activities they are able to engage in safely on a holiday weekend that is traditionally a time spent doing social activities some can’t engage in for various reasons due to ongoing world events I don’t want to get into here.

Again, we love your game and this community. We know you feel awful about the whole ordeal. I really wish I didn’t buy a hefty chunk of crowns to not be able to use them until I’m back at work next week. So now what? I’m not going to ask for a refund. I am going to be more cautious moving forward until there is equity and inclusion for iOS users built into future update plans.

You know how Apple works with their quality control rules and timing of efforts. Us iOS users are asking you to NEVER push an update on Friday knowing we are going to get left behind for days ever again. This has happened before. Us users exist in the Apple ecosystem for various reasons and are not about to leave over App Store hang ups for game. You need to work around those quirks because we are a large part of your player base and we support your business by purchasing crowns.

A turkey or a village experience potion given to all players isn’t going to make up for the efforts I would have made on my own during time lost. Nor does it make up for the time lost on a product I paid to use and couldn’t. Again, not asking for a refund out of kindness of my heart, but my patience is starting to wear thin because of the sheer volume of issues as of late. Out of respect for you and the wonderful potential of this game I don’t want to be angry, but I think it’s important to acknowledge the lack of equity for iOS users and ask how are you going remedy the situation and how you will prevent this from happening again in the future. What are you going to do specifically for iOS users who could not use your product for days while others were able to move on and play, especially those of us who are supporting the business?

Again, I want to underscore how much I like your game and community, how much respect for you I have, your creativity and kindness, but frustrations are starting to grow.

As much as we’d love to hear what went wrong, we kindly ask to know how things can be made right moving forward for iOS users, what action steps you will take to build Apple’s quirks into your update plans, and what you will do to specifically to remedy the situation exclusively for iOS users who lost out the most from this avoidable situation.

Thank you for all of your hard work and all that you do.

Reactions: Elinea and Brother Alf
  • Likex2

Brother Alf

Squirrel
Characters
Brother Alf
Platform
iOS
Last edited
All nameplates made available? Yes please!
All raid mounts made available from past seasons? Yes please! I agree, a turkey and potion isn’t gonna cut it this time 😢

inkpenguin

It’s been two days and counting for iOS users. I love your game. This is a wonderful community, we realize people make mistakes, you are kind to your players, however we know the history with iOS when updates happen on holiday weekends and the time it takes, sometimes days, to get us back in business.

Let’s be even more honest and consider that things may be down for iOS until the wee hours of Monday morning or perhaps until Tuesday when the App Store is fully staffed, after the holiday weekend is over. People are waiting and their frustrations will continue to grow if they are not aware of this possibility.

Some us bought crowns on Friday to use this weekend we would not otherwise have bought had we known the game would be down for days and would have considered other options for entertainment.

Also consider that some of your player base may not be able to travel, have the ability to pivot easily to other things to do, and gaming might be one of the few activities they are able to engage in safely on a holiday weekend that is traditionally a time spent doing social activities some can’t engage in for various reasons due to ongoing world events I don’t want to get into here.

Again, we love your game and this community. We know you feel awful about the whole ordeal. I really wish I didn’t buy a hefty chunk of crowns to not be able to use them until I’m back at work next week. So now what? I’m not going to ask for a refund. I am going to be more cautious moving forward until there is equity and inclusion for iOS users built into future update plans.

You know how Apple works with their quality control rules and timing of efforts. Us iOS users are asking you to NEVER push an update on Friday knowing we are going to get left behind for days ever again. This has happened before. Us users exist in the Apple ecosystem for various reasons and are not about to leave over App Store hang ups for game. You need to work around those quirks because we are a large part of your player base and we support your business by purchasing crowns.

A turkey or a village experience potion given to all players isn’t going to make up for the efforts I would have made on my own during time lost. Nor does it make up for the time lost on a product I paid to use and couldn’t. Again, not asking for a refund out of kindness of my heart, but my patience is starting to wear thin because of the sheer volume of issues as of late. Out of respect for you and the wonderful potential of this game I don’t want to be angry, but I think it’s important to acknowledge the lack of equity for iOS users and ask how are you going remedy the situation and how you will prevent this from happening again in the future. What are you going to do specifically for iOS users who could not use your product for days while others were able to move on and play, especially those of us who are supporting the business?

Again, I want to underscore how much I like your game and community, how much respect for you I have, your creativity and kindness, but frustrations are starting to grow.

As much as we’d love to hear what went wrong, we kindly ask to know how things can be made right moving forward for iOS users, what action steps you will take to build Apple’s quirks into your update plans, and what you will do to specifically to remedy the situation exclusively for iOS users who lost out the most from this avoidable situation.

Thank you for all of your hard work and all that you do.
Im not really sure how i feel about your post either way, but its not the Otters fault that Apple sucks with updates, and honestly the Otters only real issue they should HAVE TO DO is just give players their missed calendar rewards, and a few ardent society chest they have missed for those days, they should not have to cater to anyone further than that, nor any users specifically, regardless of device, since they do not own Apple. As for your issue with buying crowns i see no reason to complain if you managed to get the crowns great, they can sit there and be used at a later time, remeber its a crown sale, not an item sale, so no big deal, i could understand being upset if items went on sale for 20% off and you missed that, but crowns can be spent anytime. This is all my opion anyway but frustrations shoul not be taking out on the Otters when its Apple at fault for your updates, plus they are millions of other things to do, and games in the app store to take up your time.

Reactions: Zazie and BadgerReborn
  • Likex2

ramsayshackles

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
So how much longer for the Apple to propagate as I still am unable to get into game via Apple
Everyone is simply waiting on Apple to allow the update to appear on the App Store. No one really knows how long it will take. Logic suggests mid to late Tuesday, considering the holiday.

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Drakz, Zelior, Slowburn, Scab, Drakzy
Platform
PC
Apple is garbage and complicates everything they do. Take it out on them send them complaints, drop their service, what ever you fill like you have to do as a consumer. Personally me as a consumer, I demand better service that's why I dropped apple a long time ago. A company as big as apple should have protocols in place to prevent this from happening. Just because its a holiday don't mean you put the customers on the back burner, its not like their running a little mom and pop restaurant that can can do that. Running a company like apple obligates you to show some dedication to your customers in my opinion.

Slaybelle

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Im not really sure how i feel about your post either way, but its not the Otters fault that Apple sucks with updates, and honestly the Otters only real issue they should HAVE TO DO is just give players their missed calendar rewards, and a few ardent society chest they have missed for those days, they should not have to cater to anyone further than that, nor any users specifically, regardless of device, since they do not own Apple. As for your issue with buying crowns i see no reason to complain if you managed to get the crowns great, they can sit there and be used at a later time, remeber its a crown sale, not an item sale, so no big deal, i could understand being upset if items went on sale for 20% off and you missed that, but crowns can be spent anytime. This is all my opion anyway but frustrations shoul not be taking out on the Otters when its Apple at fault for your updates, plus they are millions of other things to do, and games in the app store to take up your time.
If that is how people feel then I just won’t buy crowns ever again or renew my ardent society membership.

Plain and simple.

We are patient up to a point. When there are repeat issues we want to know action steps moving forward to prevent them in the future and what can be done for users impacted the most by avoidable mistakes.

You can blame exploiters, but bottom line is there are constant problems with this game that don’t stem from that.

When specific people could be potentially waiting 48 hours to 4 days, there needs to be equity for those users. Missed calendar awards and ardent society chests are a step in the right direction. Extending ardent society memberships for the number of days lost is another realistic step. Perhaps reward users impacted the most with easy to code extra vault storage or a discount toward our next membership should we wish to continue investing time in this game. These are all realistic and easy to implement ideas.

No they do not own apple, but it is their job to create and maintain equitable access for all players and to take action steps to ensure a smoother experience for all players equally in the future.

Reactions: Brother Alf
  • Likex1

Brother Alf

Squirrel
Characters
Brother Alf
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Would you be good with AS calendar days being added for the ones missed by us that have it? No, there’s a little bit more responsibility owned then what you suggest, since the knowledge that this could happen did happen. Like I said, I could have ignorantly played all weekend oblivious to an exploit that did not effect me, yet here I am. The Otters have stepped up, admitted it was the wrong decision, and said they would make it right! Very well done!! What’s infuriating is when folks want to make excuses for why it’s ok what happened and it’s not anyones fault but the faceless exploiters or now Apple. Well the dev team has my respect for their honesty and I know they will make it right. Just wish the hero worshiping on the site here would stop. No ones perfect! They admitted it and it’s time some here realized it

Reactions: Slaybelle
  • Likex1

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Platform
PC
If that is how people feel then I just won’t buy crowns ever again or renew my ardent society membership.

Plain and simple.

We are patient up to a point. When there are repeat issues we want to know action steps moving forward to prevent them in the future and what can be done for users impacted the most by avoidable mistakes.

You can blame exploiters, but bottom line is there are constant problems with this game that don’t stem from that.

When specific people could be potentially waiting 48 hours to 4 days, there needs to be equity for those users. Missed calendar awards and ardent society chests are a step in the right direction. Extending ardent society memberships for the number of days lost is another realistic step. Perhaps reward users impacted the most with easy to code extra vault storage or a discount toward our next membership should we wish to continue investing time in this game. These are all realistic and easy to implement ideas.

No they do not own apple, but it is their job to create and maintain equitable access for all players and to take action steps to ensure a smoother experience for all players equally in the future.
apple users should not get any extra compensation than everyone else after all its not the devs fault you chose a company like apple, who puts their customers on the back burner. I agree it is a shame they had to wait longer and feel your frustration about issues that happen with the game constantly i have those frustrations but this incident is on apple everyone else is up and running because their company they chose to go with gave a little bit more concern about their customer than apple. The devs have done their part and got the fix ready its your company that is holding it up.Take it out on them send them emails, call them and express your feelings to them they deserve all they get plain and simple. I am a tough customer with the devs many who know me know that I express myself when they mess up but this time im defending them about this situation sry.

Slaybelle

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
apple users should not get any extra compensation than everyone else after all its not the devs fault you chose a company like apple, who puts their customers on the back burner. I agree it is a shame they had to wait longer and feel your frustration about issues that happen with the game constantly i have those frustrations but this incident is on apple everyone else is up and running because their company they chose to go with gave a little bit more concern about their customer than apple. The devs have done their part and got the fix ready its your company that is holding it up.Take it out on them send them emails, call them and express your feelings to them they deserve all they get plain and simple. I am a tough customer with the devs many who know me know that I express myself when they mess up but this time im defending them about this situation sry.
The developers knew immediately that Apple users were going to get left behind and updates should NEVER be pushed on Fridays, ever. It is their job to work with the quality control measures set in place by Apple to protect data and privacy, and the devs know this. This does not happen with any other game I play in the app store, therefore there is work that can be done on the Otters end to ensure an equitable experience for all players. End of story.

Candy Cotton

Warrior
Characters
Candy Cotton, Bruja, Denebola, Khirka, Batea, Mintaka
Platform
Android, PC
Hi, Everyone,

iOS Players, I wish I could tell you something definite, but I can't. So I'm just posting to let you know that I am here and will update you immediately when we hear from Apple.

@chocaholic - We fixed the rebirth bug. Trying to decide if we should push a hotfix or not. (Given recent events, we're a little wary.) ;)
How about we pick up plentyfulls first...😆

Reactions: Drakz
  • Likex1

ramsayshackles

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
The developers knew immediately that Apple users were going to get left behind and updates should NEVER be pushed on Fridays, ever. It is their job to work with the quality control measures set in place by Apple to protect data and privacy, and the devs know this. This does not happen with any other game I play in the app store, therefore there is work that can be done on the Otters end to ensure an equitable experience for all players. End of story.
In life, there are no absolutes regardless of societal norms of instant gratification. I am an iOS user and I don’t need compensation. I am comfortable with the fact that the game exists and I can play when it is available. I am not entitled to anything but the right to live a healthy and happy life as long as what I need and want do not selfishly demean others or push ideals and beliefs on others of any shape, form, or company/organization. Be patient, you will get to play. I hope your holiday gets better.

Slaybelle

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
In life, there are no absolutes regardless of societal norms of instant gratification. I am an iOS user and I don’t need compensation. I am comfortable with the fact that the game exists and I can play when it is available. I am not entitled to anything but the right to live a healthy and happy life as long as what I need and want do not selfishly demean others or push ideals and beliefs on others of any shape, form, or company/organization. Be patient, you will get to play. I hope your holiday gets better.
We don't need to wax poetic on life, only facts are relevant to the situation.

The fact remains that the developers made a mistake. They also know how Apple works and it is their job to work with them to ensure an equitable experience for all players. This has happened many times before and can be avoided with proper planning and accountability. That is what needs to happen. When we invest our personal time and donate cash to support a business we are entitled to our opinions on the matter, and need not hear criticism from those who have returned to playing days ago.

Gorheim Uncey

Shaman
Platform
iOS
DrakeI think you would have a different opinion if PC was down and IOS and Google could play. You’ve gotten to play and relax this whole holiday weekend.

Drakz

Grand Priest
Characters
Platform
PC
DrakeI think you would have a different opinion if PC was down and IOS and Google could play. You’ve gotten to play and relax this whole holiday weekend.
if pc was down I would not be happy but would not take it out on the devs when they done their part and got the fix out. Like i said i understand the frustration i been a gamer since gaming began. But you have to hold the right people accountable for the problem. I see the devs taking their holiday weekend to fix the problem and even after they have the fix they are still being proactive and taking their time to try to speed it up, while apple is the one thats not taking any time on this holiday weekend to ensure their customers are getting the best service they can. One thing is for sure though holiday or not i bet if your phone bill is due they expect it right now.