Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Happy Friday, and another week has flown by! Once again, the number of fantastic entries was staggering. Sometimes it just seems right to go big. Going big this week with lots of winners! :D Congratulations, and a HUGE THANKS to all who submitted.

• First Place = a tie
    • La Loba (EU1) - 'Help with King Minos'
    • Elijahiel Gaysong and Xius (EU1) - 'The First Snow'
  • Second Place = a tie
    • Chopst1xx (US3) - 'Fan Friday Poem'
    • Kookie Krisp (US3) - 'Now Who to Send all These Idols To'
  • Third Place = a tie
    • Dark Ghostman (EU2) - 'Otter Stuff: Thoughts of Players and Mounts + The Different Kinds of Otters'
    • Zyani (EU1) - 'Level 95 Elders'

king minos_la loba.png

By La Loba

The First Snow

In the highest peaks of Shiverspine, a family herd of yeti was snoozing quietly in the warmth of the cave. The sun shone so brightly outside that it woke up one of the young males. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

eli_01.jpeg

Still a bit sleepy he dragged himself out from the tangle of yeti limbs and furs. He made his way to the cave entrance and slowly descended to the valley below. It was his turn to hunt today and he was looking for anything that he can take back, but recently it was becoming harder to find food with all the human activity. As he was scouring along the white snowy landscape, he caught sight of something furry hidden in the snow but revealed just enough for his keen eyes.

eli_02.jpeg

*Crunch crunch crunch* his soft steps barely made any noise. His eyes squinting as he was edging ever closer and then with a mighty roar he pounced. His mighty form crashed in to the snow and with a victorious smile he sat up with the fur still in his jaws. Plucking the fur out of his mouth he realised it wasn’t a meal but instead it was a hunters cap with some silvers rattling inside. The realisation brought tears to his eyes and streamed down his furry face. He wanted to throw those useless things away but he couldn’t. His code wouldn’t let him.

eli_03.jpeg

After he had finished crying he pulled himself up from the snow and headed along dejectedly towards his neighbours, the spiders, ice elementals and wargs. With his enthusiasm crushed, he hoped that the spiders and wargs can direct him to some food. Upon approach, he smiled and waved at his fellow neighbours who responded with an appropriate limb type. It seems all of them were having an intense discussion about the human invasion again.

eli_04.jpeg

He was chatting to them when suddenly a fireball shot out and struck them. Bursting out from some random tree, the group of vicious heroes (or perhaps it was a single hero?) showed no mercy to the innocent little group. How can these humans be so ruthless? As the yeti lay there, he saw the hero pick up the cap and silver with a malicious grin. As the world slowly swirled in to darkness for the yeti, his mind wandered to his family and the future of his friends.

eli_05.jpeg

Above, the yeti herd watched in horror at the events that transpired below. Outraged by the brutality of the heroes, the creatures of Shiverspine formed an alliance to try to repel the human invaders.

eli_06.jpeg
Throughout the years that followed, more and more heroes came. It wasn’t only heroes which were attracted to the majestic peaks. Outcasts, criminals and opportunists even found a home, learning to live beside the creatures. None of the native inhabitants would’ve imagined that eventually even the humans became a part of life in the white mountains.

By Elijahiel Gaysong (art) and Xius (story)

Fan Friday Poem by Chopst1xx

As the sun rose high,
and the crafting, rather tedious
Grew a strange noise,
The voice so serious

It was a man on a bear,
Polar, by appearance
He spoke with great haste,
some chatter about a clearance

He spoke of "Scornyx, Shale,
Gobazollas and More!"
But what I had my eye on,
Appears more like an orb.

They're purple, shiny, oh what a treat!
A stack for 560, the price can't be beat!
As we began to cut deals, issues arose,
My poor friend, his connectivity froze.

Now the sun doth set, the moon now aglow
You ask if he returned, the answer is no.
So I continue to tredge, all the while kicking dornick,

Because I still do not have,
Any Motes of Yorick.

kookie.jpg
By Kookie Krisp

dark_02.png

dark_01.png

By Dark Ghostman

zyani.png
By Zyani

Characters
La Loba, Pl4cebo
Platform
PC
Congrats, everyone! Love the entries, Fan Friday is such a fun and lovely event :=)
Elijahiel, your art is always amazing! And what a lovely story Xius. All of you are so talented, it is an honour to be in such a community.

Viranda

Grand Priestess
Characters
Viranda, Luna the Beautiful,
Platform
PC
I loved the story and the artwork! I feel like I'd have to up my game in these now lol!

Reactions: Elijah Lin
  • Lovex1

Elijah Lin

Squirrel
Characters
Elijahiel Gaysong
Platform
iOS
Congrats, everyone! Love the entries, Fan Friday is such a fun and lovely event :=)
Elijahiel, your art is always amazing! And what a lovely story Xius. All of you are so talented, it is an honour to be in such a community.
Thank you very much ❤ I’m so happy to hear you are enjoying the story and art 🙌🌈 Its lovely to see what the community gets up to 🌸😂🌸

I loved the story and the artwork! I feel like I'd have to up my game in these now lol!
Hehe, please do! We could even collab in a future submission, if you would like :) I’ve read some of your stories 🌈❤ And its got style 😎👍 Love to see more new works 🙏

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
Wow! Great entries! Congratulations winners!

Reactions: Elijah Lin
  • Likex1