Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
Hey folks,

We're looking to collect feedback regarding Fabled Gear in order to improve upon the current system. If any players have experience or critiques for the following points, please consider sharing them here.

Drop Rate
  • Has the recent increase in Fabled gear drop rate resulted in a noticeable improvement?
  • Based on your experience / data points, how often do you acquire a Fabled piece?
    • For example, every 1 in 20 pieces or every 1 in 100 pieces etc.

Set Bonuses
  • Is the intended focus of a particular Fabled set evident through its set bonuses?
    • For instance, by looking at the bonuses for the Storm Guardian set it should be clear that its focus is on threat generation, while the bonuses of the Ravager set mark it as damage oriented.
  • Do the bonuses for a particular Fabled set scale properly according to their tier?
    • The 6 piece bonus should be more powerful than the 4 piece, which should be more powerful than the 2 piece.
  • Do any set bonuses feel underpowered? If so, which ones and why?
  • Do any set bonuses feel overpowered? If so, which ones and why?

User Interface

• Are Fabled drops obvious and easy to spot within loot piles?
  • Is the information regarding Fabled gear (set bonuses, lore text) conveyed in a clear and compact manner?
  • Is the new color palette sufficient for players to easily differentiate Fabled items from standard Legendary items?

Personal Use
  • Have you been able to collect a full Fabled set?
  • Do you currently actively use any Fabled set or a combination of sets? Why or why not?
  • Do Fabled sets feel more or less powerful than the alternative non-fabled gear? If so, why?
  • Any other general feedback, suggestions or issues?

Drop Rate
  • Has the recent increase in Fabled gear drop rate resulted in a noticeable improvement?
Yes, randomly they pop one in lower elders and blight bounty (when not expected) or mob.

• Based on your experience / data points, how often do you acquire a Fabled piece?
Given up the fact of looking for them as they are too irregular to be prized as maxed gear.

Set Bonuses
  • Is the intended focus of a particular Fabled set evident through its set bonuses?
Yes and no.
Holy - it seems 2 pc bonus seems fun but the other one (6pc) seems counterproductive. I thought the point of the bonuses is to add ability not take away or swapping it.

Earth - As I have given an opinion on this early on, dun like the 2pc or 6pc ability. Only 4pc set seems mere iron fortress than the other two abilities.

• Do the bonuses for a particular Fabled set scale properly according to their tier?
imo Holy doesn't for 4pc and 6pcs. Shouldn't the focus be mere healing and regen and shielding? I feel the adding random blessing doesn't do any favors given, the focus should be healing? I feel the random blessing should go to a different set of fable set - namely, in the name of fun - have these quirky rolls of random blessings and not quite the theme of the first set fables which- is subclass focus and increase their abilities and fun combat styles. Random -imo- seems mere like a chilled and layback combat style mere than serious. Atm, I feel we should be focusing on mere serious combat and have fun doing it.

EARTH: 2 pc and 6pc - not interesting enough. Although 4pc set seems the best ability and useable.

Mentioned above

If there were overpowered fable sets, I would point to the other classes but since I dun rly truely play them, its not my place to comment on them.

I liked them when they first looked like leggy loot but had that blue border. But i agree on everyone who's commented that the current colour combo is much mere easier to spot regarding as drop. But being in the inventory, it just looks like rare and can be easily mistaken as rare junk 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Is the information regarding Fabled gear (set bonuses, lore text) conveyed in a clear and compact manner?
Playing on tablet, it all seems fine.

• Is the new color palette sufficient for players to easily differentiate Fabled items from standard Legendary items?
Yup.

Personal Use
Nope. It was exciting when it first came out but i feel this has become a collector and vnh enthusiasts. Dun rly have time to dive into the whole fable set treasure hunt.

• Do you currently actively use any Fabled set or a combination of sets? Why or why not?
I would like to gear up in the future if it does become mere available and accessible but as it stands, my current blight leggy is grant.
  • Do Fabled sets feel more or less powerful than the alternative non-fabled gear? If so, why?
Other ppl have mentioned some good points already and I will say, I dun see much mere difference rly. Mere weaker in general, imo, but it goes to its little niche unseen.

Thank you for asking feedback. I've thrown in my 2 pence.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Bratu

Legendary Hero
Characters
bratu
Platform
  1. Steam
I was moved by the idea of incorporating fabled pieces into my equipment. I had a great deal of interest in it, until yesterday, when I finally had the opportunity to test 2 "perfect" fabled pieces. As we well know, 2 pieces already provide us with a buff. But is it worth it? I am a fury warrior focused 100% on damage; that is my style of play—inflicting the maximum possible damage. However, attempting to play with 2 fabled pieces was extremely unusual and, truth be told, quite displeasing. I am aware that it is not ideal to play with only 2 pieces, but rather with 4 or 6 in any case. Personally, I would consider using 4 pieces if the fabled set were my primary choice and I still wanted to retain some glyphs.However, having only 2 pieces benefits only one ability. This empowered ability has a cooldown of 4.8 seconds (thanks to my expertise). In addition to dealing direct damage, it inflicts damage over time (DoT). After 12 seconds, the fabled buff causes the DoT to culminate in a critical hit of 100% of the damage dealt. What greatly displeased me is that for the Fabled buff to take effect, I cannot use the ability again until the DoT concludes and detonates. If I were to cast the ability again before the DoT ends, it would reset, and the explosion would never occur. Personally, I did not find it to my liking and not worth...

Like I said it's just my opinion, after doing the test, I realized that no matter how much I wanted to play with Fabled, it wasn't going to benefit me and it would cause me to lose more damage.

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+ 12more
Platform
  1. PC
A good change of the fabled gear is to make the extre feat for having multiple pices able to be gnogmented to other gear like the elderfeats.
Eldergear on its own is crap too, but the feats on it not.

GoGoGadget

Servant of Mallok
Characters
GoGoGadgetGo
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Havent really played too much since this gear was introduced so not tested any of it or gotten pieces that would be usable. My simple suggestion is that you remove the rare drop on fabled and all drops should be epic/legendary, as its ment to be rare and powerfull. It will still take eons to get the gear to drop with desirable set of specs. At lvl 95 why would I even consider trying rare set as the bonus from fabled arent that great that it would offset losing couple stats per gear.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I was moved by the idea of incorporating fabled pieces into my equipment. I had a great deal of interest in it, until yesterday, when I finally had the opportunity to test 2 "perfect" fabled pieces. As we well know, 2 pieces already provide us with a buff. But is it worth it? I am a fury warrior focused 100% on damage; that is my style of play—inflicting the maximum possible damage. However, attempting to play with 2 fabled pieces was extremely unusual and, truth be told, quite displeasing. I am aware that it is not ideal to play with only 2 pieces, but rather with 4 or 6 in any case. Personally, I would consider using 4 pieces if the fabled set were my primary choice and I still wanted to retain some glyphs.However, having only 2 pieces benefits only one ability. This empowered ability has a cooldown of 4.8 seconds (thanks to my expertise). In addition to dealing direct damage, it inflicts damage over time (DoT). After 12 seconds, the fabled buff causes the DoT to culminate in a critical hit of 100% of the damage dealt. What greatly displeased me is that for the Fabled buff to take effect, I cannot use the ability again until the DoT concludes and detonates. If I were to cast the ability again before the DoT ends, it would reset, and the explosion would never occur. Personally, I did not find it to my liking and not worth...

Like I said it's just my opinion, after doing the test, I realized that no matter how much I wanted to play with Fabled, it wasn't going to benefit me and it would cause me to lose more damage.
Interesting stuff, since slash has a base cool-down of 12 seconds doing a little math you have a enough expertise to give you a 60% cool-down reduction which is super impressive I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cool-down reduction that high. Not sure the 2 set boost on the fury set would be any good for a player with such a high focus on expertise because letting the D.o.t expire will yield a better result if you where not so 1 stat focused. my estimation of the boost is that it gives the user the freedom of casting the move once then focusing on other feats for the duration, quite likely this will change the fundamental way the player uses there feats.

Reactions: Bratu
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Havent really played too much since this gear was introduced so not tested any of it or gotten pieces that would be usable. My simple suggestion is that you remove the rare drop on fabled and all drops should be epic/legendary, as its ment to be rare and powerfull. It will still take eons to get the gear to drop with desirable set of specs. At lvl 95 why would I even consider trying rare set as the bonus from fabled arent that great that it would offset losing couple stats per gear.
I’m pretty sure the way the system works is that a rare drop has a % chance to become a fabled drop so to do this we would need to eliminate the chance to upgrade to fabled from rare gear, increase the chance for epic gear to upgrade to fabled and most likely to increase the overall drop rate of epic gear too, which is a lot and might impact the game in a lot of ways. Yes at 95 we need a more reliable/better source of epic fabled gear for sure I’m still holding out for some kind of boxes from somewhere to be honest but it can wait till after the other projects this year or even be part of them.

Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
I do like the idea of having fable glyphs rather than a fable gear. Cause this way, there is mere option as a player to control and manage. Sacrificing a glyph for fable set abilities seem mere sensible than finding the whole gear as a whole just seems impractical and a lot of work.

I would also like to suggest if the fable glyph is a mere suitable overall condition, I would want to add instead of finding fable gear drops how would enhancing leggy gear to become fable? (That would truly become fabled haha)

(throws a penny down the well)

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
After 12 seconds, the fabled buff causes the DoT to culminate in a critical hit of 100% of the damage dealt. What greatly displeased me is that for the Fabled buff to take effect, I cannot use the ability again until the DoT concludes and detonates. If I were to cast the ability again before the DoT ends, it would reset, and the explosion would never occur.
This is incorrect. While the wording makes it seem like this is how it works, in reality when you reapply the Slash's DoT again it ends it and the critical explosion happens, so you don't need to wait for the full duration of the DoT effect to end. Also the damage is not 100% of the damage dealt, it is 100% standard level damage, with 100% critical chance. It is even shown on the feat's tooltip. As such I think it is a really good 2 piece set bonus.

1705668956038.png

Bratu

Legendary Hero
Characters
bratu
Platform
  1. Steam
This is incorrect. While the wording makes it seem like this is how it works, in reality when you reapply the Slash's DoT again it ends it and the critical explosion happens, so you don't need to wait for the full duration of the DoT effect to end. Also the damage is not 100% of the damage dealt, it is 100% standard level damage, with 100% critical chance. It is even shown on the feat's tooltip. As such I think it is a really good 2 piece set bonus.

View attachment 22363

Thanks for clarifying, I see that you are right, I am doing the test right now with 2 pieces and every time I use "Slash", the DoT resets but explodes

Reactions: Xantia and Dawnfire
  • Happyx2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Wow that sounds really good then, better than what I though.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Based on the discussion it is apparent that the Fabled system is currently in an odd spot - too difficult to acquire during the leveling process while not being powerful enough to entice endgame players. For the moment there will not be any immediate improvements, but rest assured that we are listening and working towards a long-term and robust solution to the issues (drop rate, stats etc.). Something that will continue to operate well even if additional fabled sets are added to the pool.
It has occurred to me, that you might consider reducing RNG, by making each Fabled set with fixed stats, that compliment the set bonuses. For example...

A damage focused set might have these base stats:
  • Helm = Savagery & Expertise
  • Armor = Brutality & Expertise
  • Gloves = Savagery & Haste
  • Belt = Brutality & Expertise
  • Boots = Savagery & Haste
A defense focused set might have these base stats:
  • Helm = Savagery & Magic Resist
  • Armor = Brutality & Bonus Armor
  • Gloves = Savagery & Magic Resist
  • Belt = Brutality & Bonus Armor
  • Boots = Savagery & Magic Resist
Then... RNG would only affect subclass, set piece, glyphs and gear quality. So even after we have a full set, we might continue looking for better quality and glyphs. 🤓

Bratu

Legendary Hero
Characters
bratu
Platform
  1. Steam
It has occurred to me, that you might consider reducing RNG, by making each Fabled set with fixed stats, that compliment the set bonuses. For example...

A damage focused set might have these base stats:
  • Helm = Savagery & Expertise
  • Armor = Brutality & Expertise
  • Gloves = Savagery & Haste
  • Belt = Brutality & Expertise
  • Boots = Savagery & Haste
A defense focused set might have these base stats:
  • Helm = Savagery & Magic Resist
  • Armor = Brutality & Bonus Armor
  • Gloves = Savagery & Magic Resist
  • Belt = Brutality & Bonus Armor
  • Boots = Savagery & Magic Resist
Then... RNG would only affect subclass, set piece, glyphs and gear quality. So even after we have a full set, we might continue looking for better quality and glyphs. 🤓

I think the same but Boots with savagery?

Reactions: Xantia
  • Happyx1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Well if your gonna pick at that thread I might as well point out the average tank gets enough armour from there chest runes, abilities and shield and doesn’t need added armour on its gear or runes. I think this is why fixed stats won’t work…because we all have different ideas on what stats are useful ones.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I think the same but Boots with savagery?
It was just a suggestion. Currently boots can't have Savagery, but I thought it might be something they should consider for Fabled sets. Especially since we're giving up glyph power. 🙂

Well if your gonna pick at that thread I might as well point out the average tank gets enough armour from there chest runes, abilities and shield and doesn’t need added armour on its gear or runes. I think this is why fixed stats won’t work…because we all have different ideas on what stats are useful ones.
I totally get that. 🙂

I've never played a high-level tank. So the stats I listed, were just to illustrate the idea. I expect the Otters would choose the best stats, to enhance the set and reinforce bonus abilities.

However, I'd be very interested to know, what base stats players prefer for each class and subclass. 🤓

Does everyone look for max Savagery, Brutality, Expertise and Haste? Would those be good base stats for all builds, with reinforcement runes used to focus on more damage or defense? 🤔

As an experienced Warrior, what base stats do you prefer? 🫡

Reactions: Pout
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
It was just a suggestion. Currently boots can't have Savagery, but I thought it might be something they should consider for Fabled sets. Especially since we're giving up glyph power. 🙂

I totally get that. 🙂

I've never played a high-level tank. So the stats I listed, were just to illustrate the idea. I expect the Otters would choose the best stats, to enhance the set and reinforce bonus abilities.

However, I'd be very interested to know, what base stats players prefer for each class and subclass. 🤓

Does everyone look for max Savagery, Brutality, Expertise and Haste? Would those be good base stats for all builds, with reinforcement runes used to focus on more damage or defense? 🤔

As an experienced Warrior, what base stats do you prefer? 🫡
It’s very subjective when balancing stats and even more so glyphs, as a tank I start with mitigation stats (armour and magic resist) armour pretty much takes care of it’s self but magic resist is important to put a decent emphasis on. goal is to get a“ fantastic“amount for your lvl at 95 that’s 26.8k but not too much higher or more stats loses its potency (diminishing returns). next I make the most of this mitigation by using as much vitality as possible, vitality is a very rare exception to the diminishing returns rule which of course has great benefit as a tank but it also has a few other advantages specifically to a warrior that you can play into. Next comes dps stats lightning mastery, expertise, savagery, brutality, hast all good to get to ”fantastic“ also mana stats which are a choice really and not a necessity best is clarity because lightning warriors get a lot of cool-down reduction and quick feats you use lots of small spam-able feats next best if you still need more is intellect last is will but I doubt you will need much of these if you choose to use them at all.

as far as glyphs are concerned these get a bit more questionable and are more of a choice basically with the exception of magic find (which of course you only use as a utility choice when grinding) there are 3 distinct category’s of glyphs defensive, offensive and retaliatory.

for defensive you got shielding and lifesteal, shielding if for a quick defensive burst best suited for quick fighting like fast bounty runs not really my style I’m more of a big boss grinder who wants to stay alive no matter the circumstances which lifesteal is much better for as it gives a little help all the time.

for retaliatory you got berserk and blasting, both of which are great for a tank and still good if you favour solo combat.

for offensive you got burst glyphs onslaught, glory & poise which give more at the start of a fight but less as fights get harder or drags on and sustained glyphs flux, void strike & juggernaut which give smaller amounts at the beginning of a fight but continue to give throughout. these sustained glyphs are the ones I favour more especially juggernaut which plays into my huge vitality pool.

think that’s about it only stat I didn’t mention was vigour which is only good if you spend a lot of time between combat, it’s more of a burst defence stat just like shielding.

Urzaa

Adventurer
Characters
Urzaa
Platform
  1. Android
Hey folks,

We're looking to collect feedback regarding Fabled Gear in order to improve upon the current system. If any players have experience or critiques for the following points, please consider sharing them here.

Drop Rate

Set Bonuses
    • For instance, by looking at the bonuses for the Storm Guardian set it should be clear that its focus is on threat generation, while the bonuses of the Ravager set mark it as damage oriented.
    • The 6 piece bonus should be more powerful than the 4 piece, which should be more powerful than the 2 piece.

User Interface

Personal Use
Drop rate:

I usually see 1 in 30 pieces. Drop rate isn't terrible for me but I run raids a lot with 27k magic find.

Set Bonuses and Personal Use:

I currently own, have gnoged, and have used the full holy and full shadow fabled sets.

The holy set seems to be based on casting bless as much as possible to get the blessings out there. It's definitely powerful but very tedious. I can either makes myself or one other person consistently do 10-15% more damage. Maybe give bless a bounce like holy bolt/restore? Or make the buffs last a little longer.

The shadow set is definitely powerful but it's very very difficult to use. I myself play on a cell phone and keeping track of what curses are on an enemy with the tiny icons below the health bar is rough and sometimes I refresh the curse without meaning to. Also, in order to effectively build stacks of Pestilence, the curses have to end. This is easy when there are multiple enemies to swap between however on bosses, building stacks is fairly difficult. If I can't build stacks, the 6 piece bonus isn't as useful as it could be and I should run orbs (which seems to be what you want to encourage, not blow up curses.). Also, if the curses kill the enemy, I don't get stacks (probably due to the health and mana restoration talent when they bounce to me.)

Overall, I like the set but I wish the curse icons were easier to see so I don't refresh the curse before the end.

User interface:

I don't have an issue with the red text though the names do change when you enhance them, if memory serves. Didn't know that wasn't supposed to happen.

Sorry if this is hard to follow. All done on a cell phone.

M.

Reactions: Dawnfire and Xantia
  • Likex2

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
@va@va
@va @va

Hey folks,

Drop Rate

Set Bonuses

User Interface

Personal Use
@va
Screenshot_20240120-202306.png
@va

Reactions: ALIVEN
  • Hahax1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
In terms of powering up individual bonuses, the following changes will be made in an upcoming patch:
  • Storm Guardian 2 piece bonus: Rally's threat generation will be increased
  • Storm Guardian 6 piece bonus: Intimidate's duration will be increased from 15s to 30s
changes are down now or at least I think they are because there was no notable change to rally’s threat generation it’s still beaten by almost all other feats in this regard namely because the threat it generates is too low for its cool-down. I’ll explain, basically it does the same core value of threat as as a lightning bolt that doesn’t get a bump from its damage element but it has a cool-down that is 5x longer so one rally vs 5 lightning bolts there is no comparison. Now it doesn’t have to be better than lightning warriors best threat feat to justify its use that’s silly, it just needs to be better than a few of the worst choices to make the cut this normally means it has to beat a fury move as these are the “reserve/bottom of the barrel“ choices if threat is your priority. Threat potential normally gos lightning bolt, pummel, thunderbird (as long as you have the 30 point talent) thunderbolt, griffin strike, slash. right now rally is lower than all of these and the lower the more likely it will get bumped because it’s not doing its job.

on the plus side the change to intimidate is perfect it’s not impossible to lose the stack but far less likely so it’s much better now at being consistent and providing the intended benefit.

Reactions: Родосвет
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Quick update: with raid season 7 ended finding any epic+ fabled is too rare (they basically went with them) so no more grinding for better pieces for a wile. My set is reasonably good to be fair and due to the imbalance in warrior threat generation (read here for details https://villagersandheroes.com/foru...-difference-between-lightning-and-earth.9293/)
I made a few adjustments to my build. Now a few players here and there can put out more threat than me when I don’t have my full intimate stack (most are earth shamans) but only 1 on the server seams to be able to do this when I have the full stack (also an earth shaman) I’m pretty sure the player in question has a very offensive focused build and I do put more emphasis on defence so this appears to be fair and I agree that the 6 set boost is doing its job.

I am concerned going forward that the 2 set boost is so unhelpful/ unappealing that it putts lower lvl players off of using the small quantity of pieces they are lucky enough to find and see the set as having zero value to a non max lvl player. But perhaps that’s the first thing that can be looked at if another fabled gear set where to be created for lightning warrior in the future.