V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey folks,

We're looking to collect feedback regarding Fabled Gear in order to improve upon the current system. If any players have experience or critiques for the following points, please consider sharing them here.

Drop Rate
  • Has the recent increase in Fabled gear drop rate resulted in a noticeable improvement?
  • Based on your experience / data points, how often do you acquire a Fabled piece?
    • For example, every 1 in 20 pieces or every 1 in 100 pieces etc.

Set Bonuses
  • Is the intended focus of a particular Fabled set evident through its set bonuses?
    • For instance, by looking at the bonuses for the Storm Guardian set it should be clear that its focus is on threat generation, while the bonuses of the Ravager set mark it as damage oriented.
  • Do the bonuses for a particular Fabled set scale properly according to their tier?
    • The 6 piece bonus should be more powerful than the 4 piece, which should be more powerful than the 2 piece.
  • Do any set bonuses feel underpowered? If so, which ones and why?
  • Do any set bonuses feel overpowered? If so, which ones and why?

User Interface

• Are Fabled drops obvious and easy to spot within loot piles?
  • Is the information regarding Fabled gear (set bonuses, lore text) conveyed in a clear and compact manner?
  • Is the new color palette sufficient for players to easily differentiate Fabled items from standard Legendary items?

Personal Use
  • Have you been able to collect a full Fabled set?
  • Do you currently actively use any Fabled set or a combination of sets? Why or why not?
  • Do Fabled sets feel more or less powerful than the alternative non-fabled gear? If so, why?
  • Any other general feedback, suggestions or issues?

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Pieberry, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
I'm still collecting (thanks to the auction house) a fabled set. I'm 2 pieces away from having 6 and will still need to update a few to get all pieces at the right level. I won't be able to wear some of them for a couple levels yet so I haven't tested it. I can't imaging pulling together a set prior to being 95 because by the time you get them all I think I'd be 6 or 7 levels past it.

I've found a number of pieces, mostly while helping others on their Elders so the pieces aren't for my level and rarely for my class. Probably around 1 in 50 drops has yielded a fabled piece of some class/level? But if we're looking at how many are for my class / subclass probably 1/1000 and of class / subclass / level within 10 of my current level - well, that hasn't happened yet. In total I've probably found 25 pieces.

I did "Enhance" the future pieces that are waiting for me in my vault and I do have feedback about that. They look like boring pieces in vault since they are not gold / legendary. I regularly clean out my vault of stuff i put in there as "might be interesting" and I hope I won't accidently delete these. The chance that I will accidently delete is increased greatly after enhancing because enhancing changed the name of the pieces so they no longer are called Beastmaster but normal boring piece names. The only way to tell they are special is to go in and inspect each piece before deleting anything - so far, with AH prices, this is more expense and bother than they may be worth but I'm determined to try to get a set. Note, I was also unable to get together a set in Test server so I still haven't seen what it can do and may just be extraordinarily untalented at gathering fabled gear. Hoping it is really worth all this.

Reactions: Yuriza, Xantia and V
  • Likex3

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
Has the recent increase in Fabled gear drop rate resulted in a noticeable improvement?
I haven't noticed any difference. The drop rates are still absolutely awful (longer explanation here).

Based on your experience / data points, how often do you acquire a Fabled piece?
It is around 1 in 70-100 rare/epic drops. Majority being rare drops of course.

Is the intended focus of a particular Fabled set evident through its set bonuses?
I think it is. Wether that intended focus is something that is viable is a different question.

Do the bonuses for a particular Fabled set scale properly according to their tier?
As a warrior player I can only really talk about that. I think Ravager is mostly fine in this regard, Storm Guardian probably too, but those set bonuses are not very desireable for any tanks.

Do any set bonuses feel underpowered? If so, which ones and why?
I think Antavious already explained why Storm Guardian is underwhelming. I think threat generation is not an issue for any high level tanks, and lower level ones will have trouble to find a full fabled set around their level. Not to mention I'd rather tie threat generation to something else then, like either make the set scale threat with defensive stats, so more defensive tanks will be happy or add some more offense to it, to increase threat generation (but then again, I'd just scrap the whole set and add a different one with either defense/offense or utility focus).

Do any set bonuses feel overpowered? If so, which ones and why?
Ravager is fairly good, I wouldn't call it overpowered though.

Are Fabled drops obvious and easy to spot within loot piles?
It is for me, the red color feels distinctive enough along side with the little icon.

Is the information regarding Fabled gear (set bonuses, lore text) conveyed in a clear and compact manner?
I think the bonuses are, the lore is a bit hidden away, but the item tooltip would be insanely long if it was added there.

Is the new color palette sufficient for players to easily differentiate Fabled items from standard Legendary items?
The item tooltip is still somewhat similar in color. Maybe if they had a different border?

Have you been able to collect a full Fabled set?
Hahaha, oh wait this is a serious question. No. I think I got 4/6 pieces and some pieces multiple times, most of them being rare quality. But auction house is useful, that's pretty much the only place where it's worth looking for fabled gear atm.

Do you currently actively use any Fabled set or a combination of sets? Why or why not?
I plan to use 6 piece Ravager, but still lacking pieces with good stats, so it would be a loss to start using the full set with subpar pieces.

Do Fabled sets feel more or less powerful than the alternative non-fabled gear? If so, why?
That depends on the player's build. I think some sets like Ravager can enhance a role so it is a better option than standard gear. But for example if I ran a fury war cry build, I'd still use standard gear as that will offer more stats useful for that setup.

Any other general feedback, suggestions or issues?
A gear that is meant as alternative to standard, why is it so rare? There needs to be a lot more consistent ways to earn fabled gear. They should be craftable, they should have a lot higher drop chance (maybe add a consumable that increases it, so people who care not for it, won't lose out on standard gear). Random stats should be solved too, it is just unfun to hunt for a gear that won't even have good stats majority of the time. The thread linked at the top of my post, details this quite well. I'd like to see more fabled sets, I'd like to see the underwhelming ones fixed, but most importantly, I want them to be something that is attainable, and not an endless, hopeless grind. I'd even consider Helos idea that fabled should be a rune added to the gear, so standard gear will stay still relevant,those have enough sources to acquire and a fabled rune should have zero RNG to it, if it drops you can attach it to the gear piece you want it to. I think it would also be cool/interesting if fabled gear was tied to quests, like for Ravager you met Macaria and help her, and then she teaches you how to craft Ravager set (or be able to buy the runes off her, if we went the rune way).

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Last edited
Iv been running blight on my lvl 92 shadow. She has two zones open and blight itself. Iv been actively using magic find dram/lucky potion almost everyday while doing my daily bounty’s. She still has a 1 RB so I’m trying to get first zones open as fast as possible. So chapters are a priority for the blight meds. I also use a lot of lucks for trash mobs.. I probably kill about 250 mobs a day between bounty and trash and gear drops are around 250 to let’s say 300/350. I get double gear drops a lot due to all the things I’m using.

I probably get 2 pieces of fable gear a day. Iv only received 1 maybe 2 pieces of fable gear that was for a different class.
7 outta 10 times the gear is for the other sub class.

Iv been getting the same pieces though. Belt, boot, chest. I don’t think even before the changes to drop rate I received any other piece. The stats are always and I mean always bad. Not good for a damage dealer and I’m not a player that puts everything into damage but even I wouldn’t waste my time using the gear. I’d go from having more attack to having more defense.
The color to me is perfect for when it drops. Though in the bag it’s harder to identify then it should be. Maybe a border of red or something like that to say this is fable gear.

im using 2 pieces of fable and honestly haven’t noticed a difference. At the rate it drops and with how bad the stats are I can’t imagine putting to much time into getting a full set except for the look. 😬. Also my crafted gear is always better and I don’t think Iv gotten a single epic piece of fable. So it just isn’t worth it to me personally. I had high hopes for it. But that had dwindled A lot due to bad drops all around.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
way ahead of you V been giving feedback for months now https://villagersandheroes.com/foru...-fabled-gear-servers-down-tues-oct-24th.8982/
but I’ll try to answer your specific questions too if it helps:

Drop Rate
  • Has the recent increase in Fabled gear drop rate resulted in a noticeable improvement?

yes, to the drop rate of rare fabled but not to that of epic. Basically the drop rate of rare wile still inferior to that of standard rare drops is good enough to make these not a big deal to find and use but with epic the rate is just not high enough to put reasonably enough bits of gear in players hands to use in builds (this rarity is important as it gives the players real choice any lower and fabled just doesn’t cut it as an option compared to crafted or regular epic + gear)

• Based on your experience / data points, how often do you acquire a Fabled piece?

about 1 every 50 drops I think as a rough Average
Set Bonuses
  • Is the intended focus of a particular Fabled set evident through its set bonuses?

I can only really comment on storm guardian to be fair and yes its clear it’s trying to focus on threat but so far it’s best feature is it’s damage buff on its 4 set boost.

• Do the bonuses for a particular Fabled set scale properly according to their tier?

well the 2 set boost is the weakest (to The point it doesn’t make me want to use rally with it at all) but like I said the 4 set boost is the strongest boost. I don’t think it would be a good idea to simply swap this boost with the 6 set boost I would much rather see an improvement to the 6 set boost instead.

The 2 set boost because the added threat is less than other options as a choice for threat generation (namely slash and griffin strike even with a low investment in fury mastery/talents they both produce more threat over time than rally because rally has a high cool-down) and the 6 set boost because it doesn’t change the threat potential of the user unless it’s fully charged creating a “either you have it and don’t need it or you need it but don’t have it“ situation

Not really the 4 set boost is in a good place I think.

User Interface

Yes, in loot piles they are easy to spot. In a bag or on the auction house that’s kinda a different matter.

• Is the information regarding Fabled gear (set bonuses, lore text) conveyed in a clear and compact manner?

I don’t have a problem with this or any serious feelings on the matter.

• Is the new color palette sufficient for players to easily differentiate Fabled items from standard Legendary items?

yes, never saw a problem to begin with.
Personal Use

yes, the thread I linked at the start contains a full account of my acquisition. I now have a full set of epic but the stats of half my set leave a lot to be desired.

• Do you currently actively use any Fabled set or a combination of sets? Why or why not?

I’m currently using my full set in the rift every other day mostly to test the set’s capabilities in a serious environment and in the EZ. when grinding solo to acquire better gear I don’t equip my worst two pieces because there is no other players to test the 6 set boost against and in the 95 elders which I lead the days I’m not doing rift I don’t use my fabled set because i need more runes to deal with blight effects (on my fabled gear I use runes to compensate for the lower values and lack of glyph)

• Do Fabled sets feel more or less powerful than the alternative non-fabled gear? If so, why?

Right now a little less mostly because of my inability to acquire epic pieces with good stats and glyphs but I’m confident that if I could I could fix this then it will be about even, maybe even tipping slightly in favour of the fabled but only if I do a really good job of balancing my stats and glyphs.

just that I would like to see the threat elements of the fabled lightning gear to be a bit better even if it needs to lower damage further so that the set can be a true choice and not just better or worse. the last page of posts of the thread I linked had my best suggestions.

Reactions: Uruk, Xantia and V
  • Likex3

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+ 12more
Platform
  1. PC
it is always the wrong level, and crafted gear is alot better.
other then the look it is just crap

Reactions: Yuriza and Xantia
  • Likex2

Pieberry

Master Villager
Royal Guardian
Characters
Berit, Pieberry, Sumida Gawa, Ephie
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
oh - also - It'd be great if we could search in AH for "Fabled" or the names like "Beastmaster" etc in auction from the top level and from each subgroup so we can find all the parts easily. Especially important to be able to search on "Fabled" since sometimes people enhance items before selling and enhancing removed "Beastmaster" from the name of the pieces I've gathered so far.

• Likex2

Hotdogs and Milk

BRA Member
Characters
Hotdogs and milk
Platform
  1. Android
Seems like I get less drops of the fable pieces now than before.
I had a full set of water Shaman fabled and the bonuses were not worth losing my legendary 95 set over. Very cool water ball visual effect makes people think your an ice wizard. But the bonuses were weak and not anything to write home about.

It would be great if the set bonuses gave actual stats as bonuses

• Likex2

Dis

Warrior
Characters
Disdayne Skorned Ridicule DisInterested DisObedient SnowDawg
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I've managed to find one piece after all this time. It was of way less power than what I already had so totally useless. The search does not continue. If I find another great, if I don't, I don't care.

• Likex2

Phergus

Master Gatherer
Platform
  1. PC
Just from what little I've seen of them it seems like Fabled gear is only intended for the 95's doing daily elder runs. For anyone else you'll have to kill thousands of regular bounties to get a set to drop and then it will be only rare that is inferior to your crafted gear.

Drop Rate
If there was an improvement I haven't seen it. Out of 3 total pieces, only 1 was for the correct class. I'm guessing the drop rate is more like 1 in 200 or more given how many full backpacks of rare/epic gear I've sold off to vendors.

Set Bonuses[
If I ever see a full set I'll let you know.

User Interface
I don't think I've seen one since the color palette change so I don't know.

Personal Use
Nope. Not even 2 of the same set.
If I ever see even two pieces then perhaps I'll find out.

• Likex2

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
Drop Rate
    • For example, every 1 in 20 pieces or every 1 in 100 pieces etc.
In my last few Raids, I actually felt like the drop rate has decreased. 😬

Set Bonuses
    • For instance, by looking at the bonuses for the Storm Guardian set it should be clear that its focus is on threat generation, while the bonuses of the Ravager set mark it as damage oriented.
    • The 6 piece bonus should be more powerful than the 4 piece, which should be more powerful than the 2 piece.
The focus of the Fire Wiz set seems to be increased AoE damage, while the Ice Wiz set focuses on defense.

I haven't been able to acquire a full Fire set on Live, but I tried an Epic set (with almost perfect stats, enhanced to Legendary) on Test. It felt comparable to my Blighted gear and the increased AoE damage, was worth giving up some glyph power. However, I feel like it will be almost impossible, to acquire a good Fabled set on Live. 🥺

My biggest concern are the Fabled weapons, which do much less damage than my 1019 Mythic Staff. Unless I find a very high Epic or natural Legendary... I don't think I would ever be tempted to replace my Mythic weapon with Fabled... which means I'll never have the 6pc bonus. ☹️

User Interface
Fabled is obvious when it drops, but looks just like other blue/purple gear in my bag/vault. I think it needs a small red/orange border on the thumbnail. Set bonuses and lore text are good.

As mentioned by others, "Fabled" and the set keyword (like Beastmaster) should be in the item title, even after enhancing. Searching for Fabled or the set keyword, should bring up ALL Fabled items.

Personal Use
Already answered most of these, as far as other feedback...
  • Rare Fabled drops are fine for players who are leveling... but if they're too difficult to acquire, players will outgrow them, before they get a full set.
  • Capped players will want Epic Fabled (or better), with power and stats that are comparable to Mythic.
  • IMHO, the drop rate for rares (or better) has always been pretty poor. Which is why I've always used crafted gear. Adding Fabled gear to the mix, just makes the RNG even worse.
  • If you really want to see Fabled gear become a viable build option, then I think it needs to be craftable... but I absolutely SHUDDER in HORROR at the thought of more RNG ingredients (like Blight Motes 🤢🤮). Gear crafting is already gated by our Villager skills, but if you really need to further gate Fabled gear, please consider these ideas:
    • Sell the recipes for gold and make them expensive or...​
    • Double the mats and crafting costs or...​
    • Increase the number of items needed to 5-star a recipe or...​
    • Only allow Armor and Weapon Specs to craft Fabled gear.​
I prefer gating options that require grinding, rather than random luck... because there's an end in sight and I know if I just keep grinding, I'll eventually get what I want. Which is also why I've always preferred crafted gear, instead of relying on random drops. I'd rather grind for gold and mats to mass craft, than run endless, repetitive content, hoping for a good drop... which might never happen. 😰

Hope this feedback is helpful and ty for asking our opinions. 🙇‍♀️💕

Uruk

Citizen
Platform
  1. PC
I agree almost 100% with the well thought out responses from both Dawnfire and Antavious, so no sense in reposting similar information. The "Fabled Rune" idea does seem to be a potential fix to the issue of sifting through the occasional fabled gear drops in hopes of finding the stats we really want/need for our builds.

I am currently playing one character of every subclass, a few of which would be considered hybrids, or as in the case of both my shaman toons, lean heavily towards that third (center) talent tree. Are there other folks out there that think a third option of Fabled Gear, one whose set bonuses would bolster that third talent tree, would be a worthy addition to the game? I feel my Wind Shaman friends out there would certainly agree!

ALIVEN

Adventurer
Characters
ALIVEN, StarSkyEmperor, ALIVENX, RedDragonEmperor
Platform
  1. PC
Any other general feedback, suggestions
My suggestion/story as follows
I want a Lvl76 Fury sword, I have master 5star but I am not weapon master
I'll gather material and get started on crafting for 30 good stats rare swords, as I was searching for good stats in sword(in particular void strike, life steal,berserker e.t.c) i found 30 out of 2-3 crafted sword to be rare Fury warriors ravagers Fabled sword
And like if you craft 30 swords already mastered 5stsr, you get 30% chance of getting 2-3 crafted fabled items.....

Hope my thoughts passed on
Sorry If I was not able explain myself properly

Elloque

Citizen
Platform
  1. Android
I think it would be good to add a small chance of crafting fabled armor or weapons if you have that specialty and have maxed that particular armor/weapon piece. Maybe the small chance can increase slightly if you’ve crafted (picks random number) 500 of that piece. Would be another way to increase drops and make villager skills important. Maybe you could also add fabled potions/meals to cooking and fabled prep spec items as well. Just adding a bit to the previous persons suggestion. I think it’s a good one.
I’ve noticed the drops vary wildly from toon to toon. Got 3 drops in a row doing Shiverspine elders the other day but only a few drops in higher areas or raids.

Reactions: Zazie and Xantia
  • Likex2

CoolGamer

Priest
Characters
coolblue17
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Just wanted to add few comments as a new player who has not maxed out. I was not actively looking for fabled gear but found 2 drops in the raids, so were just rare.
1. Stats were not even close to the crafted gear I had, so did not bother.
2. Was the wrong sub class and so basically useless.
3. Accidentally sold/deleted the first one since it did not look any different. Did not even realize it until I found a second piece and then checked for the first one oops:eek::eek: too late. This hopefully gets fixed.
After looking all the feedback I am glad I am not spending time for it.:unsure::unsure:

• Likex2

Grafire

Arch Wizard
Characters
Grafire, Swift Justice, Surger, Dark Rites, Nocked
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
  3. Steam
I was very excited for fabled gear when it was first announced. But in actuality there are the real downsides.
1) Without the 2nd glyph it is too much of a penalty to wear fabled gear.
2) It would be really hard for a leveling toon to make a set.
3) For end game toons, the drop needs to be epic or a natural legendary to even be considered. Then you have the RNG item stats to contend with.

Its just better for me to stay with my crafted gear. There is no real reason to chase after fabled drops. I view them as a waste of time.

How should Fabled items work?
Allow for gnogmenting the fabled status into another item. Maybe charge a premium (2 sockets)
and/or
Add the second glyph bonus to the fabled gear
and/or
Only drop Epic and Legendary fabled gear

graf

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
Spent the day grinding (to be fair spent everyday doing this for a wile now) but this time is different because I decided to tally up my drops over the course of the day. couple of notes I was running swamp till the 4 brutes at the river then restarting (end bosses take too long and reward too little) and I had enough magic find to give me 9% chance to proc. here’s what I got:

heroic raids run today:40
rares dropped: 333 (70%)
epics dropped: 128 (27%)
legendarys dropped: 2 (0.4%)
rare fabled dropped: 7 (1.4%)
epic fabled dropped: 4 (0.8%)

total drops: 474
rare ratio to fabled drops 1 in 47.6
epic ratio to fabled drops 1 in 32

now because there are only 2 stats on a fabled rare it’s not that hard to get perfect stats on one this is why the drop rate on rare seams ok to me I guess but not every player will be hitting up anywhere near this lvl of drops so that needs to be considered to. As for the epics not only do they have two stats and a glyph so are harder to get ideal stats but their drop rates are naturally lower too. One more thing of note out of those 4 epics only 1 was for my dominant subclass and it didn’t have good enough stats to make the cut :(

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Thanks for the detailed feedback everyone. Based on the discussion it is apparent that the Fabled system is currently in an odd spot - too difficult to acquire during the leveling process while not being powerful enough to entice endgame players. For the moment there will not be any immediate improvements, but rest assured that we are listening and working towards a long-term and robust solution to the issues (drop rate, stats etc.). Something that will continue to operate well even if additional fabled sets are added to the pool.

In terms of powering up individual bonuses, the following changes will be made in an upcoming patch:
  • Storm Guardian 2 piece bonus: Rally's threat generation will be increased
  • Storm Guardian 6 piece bonus: Intimidate's duration will be increased from 15s to 30s
If any other bonuses have balancing issues feel free to bring them up, but try to provide a detailed reasoning as to why they are overpowered or underpowered so that we can properly address them.

A few other miscellaneous notes:
  • If you enhance your fabled piece and its name changes, please send a bug report and we'll look into it.
  • The topic of threat has been brought up a few times, and I understand that the threat system in general is not in the best place as it rewards a style of play that is in contrast to the ideology of a tank. As of now there are no changes planned, but just know that this is something we are aware of.