Perlio

Villager
Platform
iOS
There was an incident tonight on US 2 Regarding the event zone boss Prisma. Somebody Leroy Jenkins, the boss. This caused quite an uproar With some moderators threatening to kick users from the game if they did not provide at least five minutes notice that Prizma was up. They claim that this is a disruption of the event zone and therefore against the terms of service. They stated that they have the leeway to kick malicious players who do not announce that Prisma is up. Is this a kickable or bannable offense? I appreciate this clarification. If this is a rule, I believe there should be a 5 minute timer on the boss where it cannot be killed or attacked Immediately upon its spawning.

If this is a rule, how are new players expected to know this? I just find it odd to threaten to kick a player for killing a boss ( imo that is the point of the game). Again, setting a timer where the boss is untouchable upon spawning would alleviate this massive cause of aggravation I witnessed tonight.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
There was an incident tonight on US 2 Regarding the event zone boss Prisma. Somebody Leroy Jenkins, the boss. This caused quite an uproar With some moderators threatening to kick users from the game if they did not provide at least five minutes notice that Prizma was up. They claim that this is a disruption of the event zone and therefore against the terms of service. They stated that they have the leeway to kick malicious players who do not announce that Prisma is up. Is this a kickable or bannable offense? I appreciate this clarification. If this is a rule, I believe there should be a 5 minute timer on the boss where it cannot be killed or attacked Immediately upon its spawning.

If this is a rule, how are new players expected to know this? I just find it odd to threaten to kick a player for killing a boss ( imo that is the point of the game). Again, setting a timer where the boss is untouchable upon spawning would alleviate this massive cause of aggravation I witnessed tonight.
there is this thread from last year, might have some answers?
Havn't read it in a long time myself

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
there is this thread from last year, might have some answers?
Havn't read it in a long time myself

I was just gonna say there’s a post somewhere about this.

Perlio

Villager
Platform
iOS
So are new players expected to find a post from December to know this five minute rule? I completely agree with the etiquette of it, but kicking people for not following an unwritten rule is harsh imo. I just can't see how that is justified.

Sarah says in that post to wait five minutes before killing....so if that is what the devs intended, why haven't the devs just added a five minute timer from spawning before damage can be dealt? Also, a game announcement could announce when these bosses are available. This could be a toggled option in settings.

I was not the person who Leroyed or got threatened by the moderator; however, I work in a field where every action must be justified or risk being sued into oblivion. So these unknown rules just irk me.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Well that is why we have people to tell them the rules. It’s the players who continue this behavior after they’ve been told not too that cause something that should be fun and positive to become negative. Some say 5 minutes is to long. Just like some want players to wait until they’re done with whatever they’re doing. There’s a give a take when it comes to this but in my mind if you constantly start a boss when players are still zoning in, Or players are running to that boss(and a hop 2 hasn’t popped up), they’ve been told more then once or twice to wait for others then what ever action the devs want to take is justified. This is a bigger issue in my mind in the event zones that the bosses are farther away and are harder to get to. If the hop is full the boss will go down quickly.
but I will say what irks me more is the players reactions to this. I always try to stay away the first week.

Reactions: Joleen and CaraLox
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
It is more of an etiquette not a rule, they should have teach them not threaten them. Threatening to kick them is way too far.

Reactions: Red Wizard and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
It is more of an etiquette not a rule, they should have teach them not threaten them. Threatening to kick them is way too far.
Whatever you do or say will always be open to interpretation. We don't actually threaten, but every warning can be taken as thread if you really want to. if you have a problem with a moderator and how this person modded, I suggest sending a CS ticket.

Reactions: Woodlenelf
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
We don't actually threaten, but every warning can be taken as thread if you really want to. if you have a problem with a moderator and how this person modded, I suggest sending a CS ticket.
welp I'm not there and probably won't be for a few days, but the OP describe it clearly that there is the "punishment" as in they will be kicked from game if they do, which doesn't sounds right to me.

Reactions: Perlio
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
welp I'm not there and probably won't be for a few days, but the OP describe it clearly that there is the "punishment" as in they will be kicked from game if they do, which doesn't sounds right to me.
We have allowance to mute or kick when a player is a disturbance to the server. Since that is a rather vague description, it is up to the mod present to decide when the level of disturbance that warrants a kick is reached. A warning (if they haven't been warned yet) and if it proceeds a kick. If you feel the judgement was off, CS ticket. "we're only human after all". We make mistakes, but the best we can do is what we do by our best judgement. We try that

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Wow, the Vale hasn't even been live for 24 hours, and this is already starting up again? Please use common sense and etiquette.

Because we are so awfully tired of this with every event zone, we are exploring options for the next one to simply make all EZ bounties invulnerable for the first five minutes after they respawn. No promises that we will do this, but we are exploring it. In the mean time, everyone please just honor polite rules of etiquette. Thanks.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Wow, the Vale hasn't even been live for 24 hours, and this is already starting up again? Please use common sense and etiquette.
Well actually it is always chaotic at the start many new EZ first timer plus language barrier always cause this issue, usually it will be much better after the first few days.

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Well that is why we have people to tell them the rules. It’s the players who continue this behavior after they’ve been told not too that cause something that should be fun and positive to become negative. Some say 5 minutes is to long. Just like some want players to wait until they’re done with whatever they’re doing. There’s a give a take when it comes to this but in my mind if you constantly start a boss when players are still zoning in, Or players are running to that boss(and a hop 2 hasn’t popped up), they’ve been told more then once or twice to wait for others then what ever action the devs want to take is justified. This is a bigger issue in my mind in the event zones that the bosses are farther away and are harder to get to. If the hop is full the boss will go down quickly.
but I will say what irks me more is the players reactions to this. I always try to stay away the first week.
This is a big issue on US3! Newbies aren’t waiting for others. They are just attacking!

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
This is a big issue on US3! Newbies aren’t waiting for others. They are just attacking!
This is Why I avoid event zones for the first week. Unfortunately players wether new or old will do this regardless if people ask them to wait. I’m really not sure why they’re already there theyll get the credit as long as they hit the boss. With how crowded us3 is I see this happening for awhile unfortunately.

Reactions: Red Wizard
  • Likex1
Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I love the Event zones. I have actively participated in them since I first started playing. The one drawback has revolved around the boss spawns. Sometimes they are attacked as soon as they spawn, meaning players dont have time to reach the zone. Other times it has been complaints that the group is waiting too long to attack.
I am grateful that the Otters have always had confidence that we as players will act in a mature manner, but in this one aspect at least we continue to fail miserably. I dont think an enforced Invulnerability for the first 3 minutes after a blue bounty spawns and a 5 minute Invulnerability after an Elder spawns would harm the game play and would finally put an end to the one part of the Event zones that seem to cause the most problems.
Just my opinion.

Imp

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Impresario | Divindi
Platform
iOS, PC
Might I suggest that instead of making the EZ boss invulnerable for the first five minutes, that attacking it simply instantly kills the player that fired the shot? That would be far more amusing. :)

Imp

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Impresario | Divindi
Platform
iOS, PC
Also, I promise to not abuse that new found game mechanic by luring new players to the bosses and asking them to attack first. I totally wouldn’t do that. Honest. Really!

Woodlenelf

Grand Shaman
Characters
Starfoxnes
Platform
Android
(This could of been said, I hope its taken well)

I'd really like to get a timer that starts at zero and counts up automatically when you start a boss fight.

A stopwatch that would seem perfect except there doesn't seem to be a way to do this automatically on the start of a fight. So if you forget to click the "play" button (amid the other 27 things to do before the fight starts) then too bad.
This would give players the allotted time, if they are invited to a preparty they party would automatically be accepted in Prisma fights. Just seems they get started before the time frame given so players can reach.

Thanks!