Event Zone Boss Spawn Notifications Question

• Keep it as it is now.

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Post these only to World Chat and the Event Zone itself -- Not to other channels (local chat, etc.)

Votes: 52 69.3%
  • Total voters

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
What about a new notification chat? This new chat wouldn’t allow players to type in it but would be able to see the notifications. This notification chat could also contain things such as when servers are going down for patches, events, reminders to spend event currency, etc. maybe allow mods and event committee to use this chat to announce things as well.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I think it's been mentioned before, but a board in the Event Zone that kept track of the boss respawn times would seem the optimal way to go on this. It would provide the respawn info for anyone that needed it, and that info could be shared by players to world chat at any given time. The 5 minute, and 1 minute World and Local Notification would still be useful, but the other chat channels would be clear of EZ spawn spam.
Just my opinion.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
For me both option is not what I want, because I can't actively find it when I want to and it become intrusive when I don't need it. I want to be able to see it when I want to see it and don't want to see it when I don't want to. I want to be able to check it whenever I want to, to plan around on what I'll do. Like for example I log in I see it's 30 minuets away, I can go finish a raid or a zone, but if it is 10 minutes away I'll probably just do ranch and garden. At the same time after I'm done with it for the day I don't want to keep seeing it popping up on my screen.

So yeah pretty much any other idea would be a lot better. EZ board, specific notification chat, make a toggle like new player notification, a chat command to check boss timer, expand the journal ui to include respawn timer, etc. Anything that make it more flexible.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
What about a new notification chat? This new chat wouldn’t allow players to type in it but would be able to see the notifications. This notification chat could also contain things such as when servers are going down for patches, events, reminders to spend event currency, etc. maybe allow mods and event committee to use this chat to announce things as well.
All announcements could be made in the "Looking for" chat. That's kind of what it's for.

amandiell

Bog Frog
Characters
Amandiell, Wookester, Ilta
Platform
PC, Steam
It was basically choosing between bad and worse. I think it's safe to say everyone hates how often ez notifications pop up, no matter if they do ez or not. But getting notifs only in ez and LFG chat (rather than world chat) would better of the two (until we get the board that is :p)

Reactions: Xadi and Wait
  • Likex2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Personally I look at all chat channels anyway so I guess the two options are the same to me. Think I’ll pass on this vote so others can get what works for them.

Anthonyv3

Warrior
Characters
anthony1ato , YnohtSuiTen, AnhtKaze
Platform
Android, PC
could put a command to show the remaining time to respawn the bosses, with the command /time that shows the time of ardent

Reactions: Ketta
  • Likex1

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Glad to see the poll asking for input. Often times on US1, players will also shout out in Guild, World, Looking For, and Local channels to let others know (usually friends that they see online) that the event zone bounty has been hit. So if someone was doing something else or just logging into the game, can make the decision to run over there. Yes, it is a well appreciated courtesy. Its usually because for those that do respond to dedicately run the event zones, others get to know who those players who are trying to earn rewards there. It makes for a very helpful community on US1. Maybe adding when a event zone bounty is hit - would be a nice additional feature to whatever idea does end up unfolding such as a message board. I love the idea of being able to turn messages on or off too, as suggested by Sinjin. Some great ideas - love it!

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1

Zorlan

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
Personally, I'd rather not be spammed all the time during an event in any channel since I poll them all. Why not create a command users can type in e.g. /ez that tells them what the timers are etc. Then those who do not want to participate in the event can enjoy the game without almost constant spam.

Reactions: Valkress and Giruv
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Glad to see the poll asking for input. Often times on US1, players will also shout out in Guild, World, Looking For, and Local channels to let others know (usually friends that they see online) that the event zone bounty has been hit. So if someone was doing something else or just logging into the game, can make the decision to run over there. Yes, it is a well appreciated courtesy. Its usually because for those that do respond to dedicately run the event zones, others get to know who those players who are trying to earn rewards there. It makes for a very helpful community on US1. Maybe adding when a event zone bounty is hit - would be a nice additional feature to whatever idea does end up unfolding such as a message board. I love the idea of being able to turn messages on or off too, as suggested by Sinjin. Some great ideas - love it!
One notification the boss will spawn and the 5 minute warning is plenty.
These announcements were to take place of all of the announcements by players, but they are still being done. We also still get the % announcements in all chats.
I really think that no matter how many auto-announcements are done it will never be enough for some and always be too much for others.
The 2 per boss seems to be more than enough and one per main chat mode should suffice.

Reactions: Littlenymph and Wait
  • Likex2

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
One notification the boss will spawn and the 5 minute warning is plenty.
These announcements were to take place of all of the announcements by players, but they are still being done. We also still get the % announcements in all chats.
I really think that no matter how many auto-announcements are done it will never be enough for some and always be too much for others.
The 2 per boss seems to be more than enough and one per main chat mode should suffice.
True, I hear ya! My sense is that many of us are still busy working on things in the game and are often distracted. For example, when I am running 95 elders or working on quests in Blight Zones. I can get very focused on those and not able to pay attention to other things. However, I do like the sign idea - so that when you do come into the event zone, you have a board to look at. I definitely feel this should be in the event zone by the npc/telepad area. A player would have to go into the event zone to see that. It may help decrease some of the event zone messages in other chats. Maybe. I do appreciate our time keepers that we have had this past season. However, that is not necessarily the normal pattern I have seen over the years.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Event zone boss spam notifications (along with any other chat text) are a memory leak on the mobil client; the longer you’re logged in, the more memory the app consumes. It’s considered to be (one of) the reason(s) we have to reboot the client after every coupla dungeon/raids, or risk disconnects mid-run.

So yeah, filtering them server side (or otherwise addressing the leak) would be preferable. Changing the *channel* it’s spammed on doesn’t address fix the greater problem.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
True, I hear ya! My sense is that many of us are still busy working on things in the game and are often distracted. For example, when I am running 95 elders or working on quests in Blight Zones. I can get very focused on those and not able to pay attention to other things. However, I do like the sign idea - so that when you do come into the event zone, you have a board to look at. I definitely feel this should be in the event zone by the npc/telepad area. A player would have to go into the event zone to see that. It may help decrease some of the event zone messages in other chats. Maybe. I do appreciate our time keepers that we have had this past season. However, that is not necessarily the normal pattern I have seen over the years.
I fear that even if there was a sign showing respawn times players would still call out either asking for the time or telling people the time.
Gotta remember, all this extra stuff you ask for will take time away from improvements or additions. I still think a message in the Looking for chat and in event zone is enough. If players are running the event for the stuff to buy, it is on us to watch and look. I missed many respawns by not paying attention and that's on me. It was nice of the Devs to add the general announcements and I personally do think that is enough.

Reactions: Zazie and Catori
  • Likex2

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
On mobile, when I open the world map and click on a local map... there's a "Bounties Defeated" notice (as shown in the screenshot below). Active Quest notices usually appear right below the Bounty notice. I'd like to suggest the following changes:
  1. Make the area outlined in red, a scrollable box (like we have on the left side).
  2. List Active Quests first, right below the map description.
  3. List Bounties Defeated second, right below the Active Quests.
  4. List all Bounties alphabetically, right below the Bounties Defeated.
  5. Add respawn times next to the name of each Bounty, both in the world map (so we may click a map and check respawn times, without traveling there) and in the local map.
  6. Do this for all maps, not just EZs.
  7. Keep 5min and 1min notices for EZ Bounties in Local and World (or LF/Trade) chat.

Screenshot_20211129-102737_Villagers and Heroes MMO.jpg

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
All announcements could be made in the "Looking for" chat. That's kind of what it's for.
I totally agree with this. I usually run with the "Looking For" channel open anyhow but, I can always deselect it if I don't want to be bothered with EZ notifications.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1