Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I remember players respawning multiple bounties when mobs were killed. It was possible several of each type of bounty would pop up. Some of the best times I had in the EZ were trying to spawn several bounties of each type. Just imagine 22 of the bounties up at one time...What a challenge to survive 3 Jingles up at one time! I do like the main boss spawns on a timer but it was so much fun to respawn so many of the others at one time.

Reactions: Katniss Everdeen
  • Likex1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
Perhaps remove the event zone portal from Summer's Hollow?

I see a lot of super low levels there that still haven't finished (or even started) the tutorial. All of a sudden they are in a zone with 50 other players, a dozen quests and giant bosses. They are bound to make a mistake.

If the Event Zone portal was limited to Ardent City, then the players who have access should at least be decently acquainted with the game's mechanics.
It used to be this way, but then the new peeps would see announcements, get curious and try running to get there which ended up in confusion and disappointment. I want the new players to be able to enjoy everything about the game, and the EZ's are a very fun portion of the many things the game offers. We have to be careful to not punish the masses because of a few players and honestly? At least on US2 the ones who have been trolling the Grinchta and his mighty lieutenants are experienced players who know better and just don't care.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
It used to be this way, but then the new peeps would see announcements, get curious and try running to get there which ended up in confusion and disappointment. I want the new players to be able to enjoy everything about the game, and the EZ's are a very fun portion of the many things the game offers. We have to be careful to not punish the masses because of a few players....
Exactly. Nothing says elitism more than not allowing new players access to event zones. (It's in games other than this one where there tend to be minimum combat level requirements for event zones.)

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
The Best way to open up the Event zones would be to make then Server wide. Keep the Zones but also have every zone have level based stuff for players to do such as having Event Items drop from monsters (Drops are Level dependent [+/- 3 levels] if under or over no drops or credit)
Have Random event zone bosses appear as Zingaria about every 6 to 8 hours in certain zones. Have a few event zone quest (Crafting ones) in Summers's Hallow areas. I would love to see gift boxes( level dependent) that explode when opened and give you gift (Half eaten cookie, raindeer droppings, Eggnog, etc... or a level approperate Snowman or other monster that attacks you.
This way new players would still be able to do the event zone and also learn to play the game at the same time.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Isn't that why the event zones are scaled now though?
I was talking about having zones like Summer's Hallow Levels 1-3 where higher level players can't interact and steal the goodies from lower new players. It would also add some more stuff to regular zones and help bored player entertained with Level locked zones.

Tassel2

Hunter
Platform
PC
I do not understand the point of having the HALLS OF SALVATION & RED CLOISTER QUESTS when there are none who will participate...these are "group required" quests & plyrs have been asking for over a week for this "group" ....all complaints of difficulty...lower the difficulty or delete the quest from game...I want to complete each task before me at least 1x...if this is an impossibility then wth are the quests doing there in the 1st place?????

Reactions: cannyar
  • Likex1

Tassel2

Hunter
Platform
PC
I'm beginning to think these reasons don't matter to these so called "Leeroys" or whatever it is they are called (I did ask my bf what it means, he told me the whole history how it started 😂)

IMO, these reasons just spur them into doing it more since they DO think its "funny" or they just love being center of attention.. It's getting old as well, considering the fact some people just want to get their quests done. Oh geez, don't even get me started what happened daily back in Haunted Moors..

I wish something was done about this.. Some toons actually stand in front of the bounty and wait for others which is nice, but these Leeroys just ruin the fun in the event..
they can suffer consequence of pulling bounty too early or you can make a mental note not to involve them in any future ventures u may become a part of. That is just my suggestion & how I handle difficult in-game attitudes/personalities/behaviors

Reactions: Myst and Kaydee
  • Likex2

Tassel2

Hunter
Platform
PC
I agree, I think it's new players sometimes. It takes awhile to understand how event zones, bosses, and bounties work when you're completely new. So you accidently hit a boss and don't know how to disengage combat, especially when you're clicking everything to learn what it is even.

The problem to me is how big of a deal everyone makes it, instantly calling them names and Leeroy (tbh this just makes my skin crawl every time I see this every hour 🤬) insteading of taking a second to see if it was an accident or what. How is that attitude encouraging to players? Ofc their response is going to usually be defensive which gets everyone upset and blood boiling with more slurs and name calling.

When it could all be avoided by patience! Take a breath, remember what it was like when you did your first event boss, and explain the etiquette to them. There are games out there where as soon as a boss is attacked, even by a lvl 1, that everyone rushes to kill because they respawn fast. New players don't know that isn't the case here.

Other times, yes it is players just griefing, but until you know 100% just be nice. Even then, players that do that just want attention and guess what!? By you complaining you give it to them. Just simply let them die if they're intentionally griefing. By them dying it gives time for those still coming to get there for the boss and you get to have less stress because you didn't get into a bout of name calling or watch the chaos. Sometimes the "griefers" are actually helpful to get the bosses started, waiting more than 5 minutes is just too much. People have things to do so waiting around for 5 minutes is annoying. It's not like the bosses won't be respawing ever again, so if you have to miss one it's not the end of the world.

It bothers me that normally everyone is nice and helpful....until doing event bosses 😖 Just remember others are watching what's going on and learning from it. I know that it feels like you're a recorder repeating things, but everyone is on at different times and if more people explained then those learning can pass on that info too.
I also believe in the expedience of completing the ez zones after u have done them multiple times alrdy & w8ng 5 minutes to start everytime gets old very fast...then w8ing another min or 2 to start the next boss...it takes ridiculous amt of time when all said and done. The plyrs who r experienced should not be expected to slow down their progression to accomadate the newer plyrs...what the perspective would be in a perfect world is that the new plyrs expect to die 1x, 2x, 3x, leeroy. If they cannot learn from their group or the other experienced plyrs battling beside them, then they can have the personal time to figure it out. It is not right to expect the bigger plyrs who r often needed for ez zones to schedule their time to accomadate new plyrs.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Tassel2

Hunter
Platform
PC
Hi, all,

As usual, we seem to have a good number of complaints and issues coming up regarding event zone etiquette, and I'm not sure why what is supposed to be a fun zone seems only to generate problems and dissent.

So, while we do not have any official policies on this, nor do I think we should since our community should be able to monitor themselves when it comes to event zones, here are a few tips:

Please do not expect and demand that an entire server wait on killing a boss because you want to harvest your crops and feed your animals first. (Seriously? Are you kidding me?) ;)

There's the usual 5 minute announcement in world chat from players. So wait five minutes, then kill the boss.

Let's see if we can have a nice fun holiday event zone this December! I'm confident that we can.

Thank you! :D
I'll reply here same as I did on a later post....I believe in the expedience of ez. They spawn every 1.5-2hrs....we start..w8ing 5 min...now we down to 1.45-1.95 hrs to complete b4 respwan....nxt we w8 1-2 min for every1 to reach boss..now we down to 1.44-1.93 hrs...w8 1-2 min 4 next...we at 1.43-1.91 hrs...next 1-2min we at 1.42-1.89 hrs....next 1-2min we at 1.42-1.87hrs...if grinch up another 5min w8...we at 1.37-1.82 hrs....now take the time it take to kill each boss.....like I say, ridiculous amt time to get thru ez that way. It is not right to expect every plyr to w8..there is an announcement for the main boss...maybe an announcement for the others wouldn't b 2 much to ask for? Higher lvl plyrs (who r often needed for these events) should not b expeted to schedule their progression around the rest the server. I feel an announcement that it is hit is sufficient enough time to get to the ez if u r coming.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I do not understand the point of having the HALLS OF SALVATION & RED CLOISTER QUESTS when there are none who will participate...these are "group required" quests & plyrs have been asking for over a week for this "group" ....all complaints of difficulty...lower the difficulty or delete the quest from game...I want to complete each task before me at least 1x...if this is an impossibility then wth are the quests doing there in the 1st place?????
The last few iteration make them much harder and not worth to do, except for few player that just want to have fun, which make finding a group for it pretty hard. Not to mention there is a bug going on which make some of the bosses fight very hard, which might be why players are dodging it right now. Hopefully in a few more iteration it can have its former glory.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I'll reply here same as I did on a later post....I believe in the expedience of ez. They spawn every 1.5-2hrs....we start..w8ing 5 min...now we down to 1.45-1.95 hrs to complete b4 respwan....nxt we w8 1-2 min for every1 to reach boss..now we down to 1.44-1.93 hrs...w8 1-2 min 4 next...we at 1.43-1.91 hrs...next 1-2min we at 1.42-1.89 hrs....next 1-2min we at 1.42-1.87hrs...if grinch up another 5min w8...we at 1.37-1.82 hrs....now take the time it take to kill each boss.....like I say, ridiculous amt time to get thru ez that way. It is not right to expect every plyr to w8..there is an announcement for the main boss...maybe an announcement for the others wouldn't b 2 much to ask for? Higher lvl plyrs (who r often needed for these events) should not b expeted to schedule their progression around the rest the server. I feel an announcement that it is hit is sufficient enough time to get to the ez if u r coming.
When the bounties in Event zones such as Grinchta's lair start to spawn, people usually call out they are up. When players wait 5 minutes for people to get into the zone the round usually then starts... meaning the 4 bounties other than Grinchta are up and people have gathered and are going to kill them. We usually do not wait inbetween. After killing all 4 Grinchta then is usually about to spawn so everyone runs there to wait. Again the calls go out... telling people that Grinchta is going to spawn. Whe he does spawn it is asked if anyone is OTW, if not the killing begins. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes waiting in total other than of course waiting on them to respawn.

So waiting for 5 minutes when the process starts isn't that bad.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
You would feel this way until you miss several bosses because your eye was on something else. We do this as a courtesy to our fellow players. Those of us who want you to wait (I am one) have seen the disappointment from someone who was just 5 (insert trade mat) from that mount they had worked so hard for. The waits aren't bad, it's the leeroy's that hurt everyone that is the problem.

When I am waiting and feeling a little impatient I remind myself that it's not all about me. That usually suffices.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
You would feel this way until you miss several bosses because your eye was on something else. We do this as a courtesy to our fellow players. Those of us who want you to wait (I am one) have seen the disappointment from someone who was just 5 (insert trade mat) from that mount they had worked so hard for. The waits aren't bad, it's the leeroy's that hurt everyone that is the problem.

When I am waiting and feeling a little impatient I remind myself that it's not all about me. That usually suffices.

I say "Deaths to the Leroy's"!

Leroy's are inevitable. You have either had one, you are having or you are going to have one. Just /die and run back "laughing all the way". There are a few who seem to think it is fun to jerk the guys so far out of their spawn spot the bounties are endanger of poofing. I will gladly sacrifice myself to pull the bounty back to the spawn spot and /die.
A stop light's average time to change from red to green is apx 3 mins. If I can wait for a stop light 3 mins I can wait 3 mins for people to zone. What I have problems with is someone who isn't on the "right toon" to load the"right toon" and load the zone.

Reactions: Kasdeya
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
I love the Grinchta's lair because it is so sociable and friendly. With the vault and crafting stations I can work on my skills while chatting and waiting for the next boss to pop. It really is a great design. Sometimes, it is necessary to find a way to be happy even when those around you are not accommodating.

Reactions: Kookaburra and Kasdeya
  • Likex2

Garrott Jaxx

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Hi, all,

As usual, we seem to have a good number of complaints and issues coming up regarding event zone etiquette, and I'm not sure why what is supposed to be a fun zone seems only to generate problems and dissent.

So, while we do not have any official policies on this, nor do I think we should since our community should be able to monitor themselves when it comes to event zones, here are a few tips:

Please do not expect and demand that an entire server wait on killing a boss because you want to harvest your crops and feed your animals first. (Seriously? Are you kidding me?) ;)

There's the usual 5 minute announcement in world chat from players. So wait five minutes, then kill the boss.

Let's see if we can have a nice fun holiday event zone this December! I'm confident that we can.

Thank you! :D
Is there going to be sugar sweet event this year

Kasdeya

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Kasdeya
Platform
Android
Last edited
they can suffer consequence of pulling bounty too early or you can make a mental note not to involve them in any future ventures u may become a part of. That is just my suggestion & how I handle difficult in-game attitudes/personalities/behaviors
I was told on a different thread that blocking trolls is a good way to deal with things (since complaining about it in World doesn't do you any good, and asking them nicely never works.) If it doesn't work then submit a report. I always run my screen recorder anyway when I'm playing games. Makes it easy for me to whip out a screenshot for CS.

For the Leeroy problems, I ignore them now.. It used to bother me big time but now not so much. When I hang out in EZ, I see others do the same too. I think it's fair since the best way to stop the fire is to pour water on it and not gasoline.
You would feel this way until you miss several bosses because your eye was on something else. We do this as a courtesy to our fellow players. Those of us who want you to wait (I am one) have seen the disappointment from someone who was just 5 (insert trade mat) from that mount they had worked so hard for.
There have been lots of times where I was early and waiting alongside others for the killing to start, but ended up missing all bounties because I passed out within waiting period (I have serious sleeping problems) and by the end of the event I would notice I'm short of currencies for the said event item I wanted. It's cool - I'll just buy the remaining from the Item Shop then. Isn't that why the devs put it there, in case of emergencies? I'm a F2P in most games, but if it's a reasonable price (let's say $5-10 worth) then I don't see why not. I mean, I see a lot of people complain (like back in Haunted Moors) about being short of candy corns because of this reason.. I mean hell, you can afford monthly sub for AS or a fancy dragon mount but you can't buy $5 worth of them candy to complete that event item? If you don't want to pay then go plan out how many you need to earn/day or set up a friggin' gaming schedule. Someone always posts EZ maths to make people's lives easier. Complaining and blaming others for making you miss it won't increase the amount of the said currency. Of course, unless they didn't announce anything then that's understandable.. but its always announced and sometimes people even wait for longer periods, which is nice. (When I read this part it sounds rude IMO, just making it clear I'm not mad at whoever I quoted, I'm just ranting about those people who do nothing but complain about this in-game)

And I really like this way of thinking- "When I am waiting and feeling a little impatient I remind myself that it's not all about me. That usually suffices." Tbh I hate waiting in rl. But I constantly remind myself the EZ is for everyone to enjoy, not just me.

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
Some ppl just don't give a (****) and even there are rumors that there are players who enter with 3-4 accounts and kill eventbosses alone and whitout any warning.
(Note: RUMORS, not prooven)

Deri

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Event zone scaling is a little off. While a lower level definitely can't handle one of the big bosses by themselves, last night there was a level 95 starting even the biggest bosses in Sugarsweet, and holding up just fine all on his own. Also, the smaller bosses need more health. I was sitting right there, and missed not just one but SEVERAL bosses and so did half the people who were waiting there with me. By the time we reacted and got our hits in (or tried to) the boss was already dead.

One last thing: is healing scaled too? Granted my priest is very low level, but her heals weren't doing anything for anyone.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Event zone scaling is a little off. While a lower level definitely can't handle one of the big bosses by themselves, last night there was a level 95 starting even the biggest bosses in Sugarsweet, and holding up just fine all on his own. Also, the smaller bosses need more health. I was sitting right there, and missed not just one but SEVERAL bosses and so did half the people who were waiting there with me. By the time we reacted and got our hits in (or tried to) the boss was already dead.

One last thing: is healing scaled too? Granted my priest is very low level, but her heals weren't doing anything for anyone.
Do you mean the zingara or the main bosses? The Zingara do go down fast but also respawn very fast. The zone bosses are harder to defeat.

Things will settle down in the next days and people will get more organized I'm sure. Right now the Event Zine excitement is still high LOL