Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus, Jools
Platform
PC
Date: October 17th
Time: 17:00 Ardent Time (19:00 CEST)
Duration: ca. 60 minutes
Hosted by: Ishanroyc
Level requirement: none
Gather in Ardent 10 minutes prior to this event. No mounts allowed during this event.

Description: You will be solving riddles and racing eachother in finding the answers and reporting back to eventhost. Everyone will be using the default (unmounted) runspeed, and earning points for reporting back first with the correct answer.
Top3 will win a unique prize! All participants will be rewarded for their efforts ;)

Event10.PNG

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Last edited
Just to add to what Mutsie has said;
1.Participants will be given riddles about NPCs, they need to find the NPC come back to me and tell me their name in private chat/whisper. (Telling the name/answer in zone chat/local chat WILL NOT COUNT)
2.The NPCs from the riddles are spread all across Ardent City, Ardent Castle and Kingsport.
3.There will be 15 riddles, time given to solve each riddle will be 5-7 minutes depending on how hard the riddle is.
4.Default run speed only, no speed boots and mount allowed...this is done so people with shop mounts don't have an advantage
5.Its a race! So whoever comes to me first with the answer gets a point! Only one person gets a point per round, unless two people give the answer at the exact same time.

At the end of it all top 3 people with most points will win fabulous prizes!
But don't worry! You'll all get a participation prize too! So I hope to see you all there 😃

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one could whisper you from another zone.
I think the point is the player has to literally come back and stand in front of ishanroyc, where they can be seen directly.

Reactions: ishanroyc
  • Likex1

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one could whisper you from another zone.
Yes, but to make it fair to everyone, as its a race, i would like you the participant to come back to me and then whisper me the name right infront of me. This way you'll be there for the next riddle, and it'll be a continuation of the race to know the NPC's name and then coming back to me while racing anyone else doing the same.

I think the point is the player has to literally come back and stand in front of ishanroyc, where they can be seen directly.
Yes.

Reactions: Panthera and Ize
  • Likex2

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Hope to see you all there 😉
Update: Venue is now Ardent Castle Throne room

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Elibana, Arroyo
Platform
PC
It sounds like it could be fun, however, I cannot see me being awake at 3:30 am to participate in it. Seems like events on EU1 are becoming earlier and earlier.

• Sadx1

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
It sounds like it could be fun, however, I cannot see me being awake at 3:30 am to participate in it. Seems like events on EU1 are becoming earlier and earlier.
My sincerest apologies! But 17:00 AT is 22:30 for me, any later than that and I wont be able to host any events, because of the time zones every Crafting Event that is at 19:00 AT etc is post midnight for me and I miss 90% of the Crafting Events too 😢
I hope one day we can put it in a time slot that you can attend!

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Elibana, Arroyo
Platform
PC
My sincerest apologies! But 17:00 AT is 22:30 for me, any later than that and I wont be able to host any events, because of the time zones every Crafting Event that is at 19:00 AT etc is post midnight for me and I miss 90% of the Crafting Events too 😢
I hope one day we can put it in a time slot that you can attend!
Thanks for reply.
Actually if you tried to organise events on, say, early Saturday afternoons, you would meet a time frame suitable to a wider section of players. There are a large number of players in the Asia Pacific rim, a lot of them young who would perhaps stay up late on Saturday night to participate. Just a thought. And I really appreciate your reply.

• Likex1

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Thanks for reply.
Actually if you tried to organise events on, say, early Saturday afternoons, you would meet a time frame suitable to a wider section of players. There are a large number of players in the Asia Pacific rim, a lot of them young who would perhaps stay up late on Saturday night to participate. Just a thought. And I really appreciate your reply.
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will try and implement this time frame next event :D
Its just i have to keep in mind the timings of the event comittee memebers helping me etc, everything and everyones time zone is taken into account or atleast tried to be taken into account apart from other things :), but as I said I will definitely try!

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
Last edited
Thank you all so much for coming, the event was well received. Here are the updated rules for those who were confused and/or missed it and want to know all about it;
  • The riddles will span over 3 areas- Ardent castle, Ardent city, Kingsport
  • You cannot use mounts and speed boots for this event, this is done so people with better speed mounts(shop mounts/boots from shop) don’t get an advantage
  • Speed boosts of any kind is also not allowed, consumables like fleetrinders or abilities like fire wizards fire run etc
  • I will give you a riddle and withing a certain time frame (which ill give as well) you need to go talk to the npc and come back to me
  • Participants will be given riddles about NPCs, they need to find the NPC come back to me and tell me their name in private chat/whisper. (Telling the name/answer in zone chat/local chat WILL NOT COUNT. Telling me the name from anywhere except infront of also doesn’t count
  • There will be 10 rounds/riddles after that prize distribution
  • As this is a race you get 3 points for giving the correct answer first, 2 points to the 2nd person giving the correct answer and 1 point to the 3rd person giving the correct answer
  • In the end the person with the highest points gets 1st prize, 2nd highest gets 2nd prize and 3rd highest gets 3rd prize. Every other participant gets participation prizes. So please stick till the end for the prizes 😊
  • Use of telepad is allowed
The prize winners along with the prizes were:
First Prize- Polar Bear mount from the shop: Winner; Lalocat
Second Prize- One of each; 50 charges bounty hunter's mark and 50 charges clockwork harvester: Winner; Meagan Fenywdraig
Third Prize- Unlimited fireworks toy: Winner; Hairy Man
Participation Prize- 1 socket and 1 turkey

This Event has been in the works since mid September and it finally came to fruition in mid October.
Congratulations to all the winners! And I hope everyone who attended this event had fun! Thank you so much for coming! I hope those who couldnt come could come next time :) If there is enough demand for this, then this event might return!:)
Thank you @Mutsie and @Ekimie for helping me with the Event! It would not have been possible without you two! Thank you @BFurry for helping me advertise the Event! Thank you Otters for sponsoring the Event 😃 And thank you all for coming to the Event!

Reactions: Ekimie
  • Likex1