Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow
Platform
Android
So the oasis just started and already there are a very few players who are completely determined to ignore every other player in the server and just going to kill those caliph on their own. No matter how much time we say on chat to wait and announce but it just not possible with this very few selective players. So ultimately we have to wait the entire time to get the kill. Few times even when we are grouped and waiting others to join, this players simply going to come, kill and left. Complete disregard to anyone.
So i would suggest to make this caliph a group kill similar like Pharaoh. No change in reward or anything just make it a group kill. It took me 2-3 hours to get the kill just because few people simply don't know or probably don't want to know when to wait and be a part of a group.

happinessnjoi

Priestess
Platform
iOS
I was thinking that the people who keep doing this should get temporarily banned from the game for about 3 to 6 hours, but maybe your idea is better.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
I was thinking that the people who keep doing this should get temporarily banned from the game for about 3 to 6 hours, but maybe your idea is better.
Temporary banned already implemented but it won't going to change them. This is not just this event in past event also where this kind of boss are there i have seen it. And it's the same players over and over again. I am not going to name anyone but the solution is to increase the health and mechanic like Pharaoh.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
If my above suggestion is not possible then at least reduce the spawn time to 5 minutes. This caliph are very easy. For most of the people it just 2-3 shot. With 30 minutes average gap in between two spawn with total 8 caliph it will take 2-3 hours camping in front of this boss just to get a shot and complete all of them.
So please either consider to increase their difficulty in such a way to make them group content or to reduce the gap to 5 minutes or something like that.

ishanroyc

Warrior
Characters
ishanroyc, ishamanroyc
Platform
PC
I would personally suggest to give the Caliphs a 5 minute aegis/invulnerability when they spawn so this doesn't happen, as banning though is satisfying might be a bit too harsh..
P.S. I had caliphs killed before i could reach them 4 times today and once I and a group was waiting for others to come and kill a caliph...a group of 3 players came, killed the caliph and just ran off, so i full understand the frustration

Reactions: Argus
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
They shouldn't. However unnice, it isn't against the rules to kill something right away without waiting

Murmandagon

Adventurer
Platform
Android
Last edited by a moderator
Im mad. Im very mad and i cant even vent. Great way to ruin community. This is griefers and attentionists (mod edit) dream come true. I wanted carpet, but i dont want anymore. I was happy to see community playing together on one map, im not anymore. People telling me to send ticket to Otters, so they ban trolls, but others telling me that won't happen. Now im reading about bans for entire 6h, and im not sure if this is joke or serious. And i dont want to know anymore. I dont want to even hear about this event. Thanks!

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
3 possible solution to avoid any problem in this case :
1) Make it a group content
2) Reduce the spawn time to 5 minutes so less waiting
3) Make it invulnerable for 5 minutes, players will be forced to wait and others can easily join.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
In prehistoric V&H time , prior to the Eclipse, before WellSpring, Starfall and in the distant past Reborn when EZ were first invented things were a little different. Although you had a few struggles, not many players were too upset BECAUSE.. the stakes were not so high. The question wasn't "How can I juggle my reality life and virtual to be able to get 1 premium item?" but "How many do I want or do I want to get some on my alt?" Almost all the premium items were looted and parts needed to create an item were tradable.. I know when the EZ were first added the purpose was to have a leveled zone where everyone could play together. Once you earned what you wanted you played to help others. The total opposite happens now. You run around grabbing everything you can as fast as you can, then when you have everything you leave.

Bring back the way things used to be (well not Everything) but make it more cooperative so people can help others. If you want to grab and go. good for you but if you want to play as a team why should you be punished?

I realized how stressful the EZ had become for me so I decided last year I would just play in the zones and have fun. Getting the premium item is nice and I do look a week or so before the event will probably leave but it is not a goal anymore. The stakes are too high and I really don't like spending all my time in game just in 1 zone.

Something happened along the way and the original intent of the EZ was abandoned. In place of the communal zone it turned into to a battle zone with some behavior so rude it could be considered abusive, let alone selfish. Everyone knows 90% play the zone for the rewards now. I would hate for new players to judge the game by the EZ's.

It reminds me of the toilet paper shortage. You think you have to have it so you grab all you can. Better keep a good supply. You will need it for the EZ's.

The good news is the Otters do read the forums.. they do talk about our concerns and they do change things from time to time. So keep suggesting. Remember if you can't offer an alternative you are just griping (me included).
1. make at least some of the premium items have multiple parts that are tradable, like parts for outfits or items like the Sugarsweet hats (but not sell to players or put in the auction house)
2. create a EZ currency rewarded in all the EZ's that is cumulative but not tradeable and add a wallet for the different currencies already in game.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
In place of the communal zone it turned into to a battle zone with some behavior so rude it could be considered abusive, let alone selfish.
I agreed, in normal time i play on my own as players are generally scattered into various zones. Only probably in elder i need group. So ez is a great way to engage with the community and play as a team. Unfortunately it is right now turned into a big race. A race where everyone is just rushing to grab that premium thing. Cooperation is probably out of the window right now. Its just grab the kill grab the sand that's it. No more waiting around, teamwork.

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Jelani

Squirrel
Platform
Steam
Something does need to be done to change the way Oasis is being played these days. Maybe to remove the echoes so not so much incentive to kill multiple times?
How can we make it more like ladder and Prisma which seemed for the most part to work really well?
Look at the zones that people seem to really cooperate in them and see what is the game mechanic forcing that.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
Look at the zones that people seem to really cooperate in them and see what is the game mechanic forcing that.
The mechanic here is the solo kill option. In theory it's sound good about teamwork, about coordination but in reality not everyone willing to do. In the last few days in EU1 a specific player intentionally killing caliph all by own even though there is a group waiting. The player is having fun to do this thing.
So how do we stop it? CS ticket? A big no why because killing something just after spawn is not against tos or anything. So we need to make this type of boss change. The three option that i have mentioned on my above post is still the only three i believe is capable to put a stop to this.

Drakkos

Squirrel
Characters
Drakkos Bloodbane
Platform
Android
This is my first event, and I hate having to say this but, after a week or so since it started, this is nothing like I was expecting from a game I have been perceiving as inclusive, cooperative, and different in so many ways from the rest of the MMORPG panorama. This EZ is the only place I've felt anger and frustration coming from many players - including me, new players and people that have been around for a while too. Am I the only one feeling the PvP ambient smell a bit?

Someone pointed out above that the stakes may be too high, and I agree. But reducing the rewards value may not be directly addressing the problem, but a way of subtracting value to it. People would come for a few days, get what they want and then lose interest. Poof, 3-4 day event and ater that we don't need it anymore, except for hopefully helping other people who may be new or started later.

I think, and this is my opinion only as a relatively new player to the game and new to V&H event zones in general, the problem is with the content of the event. I confess I had high hopes for this - randomised group content & solo quests, maybe involving crafting of some kind, fostering cooperation between high and low level players so one needs each other, ... The kind of inclusive, awesome, positive stuff and vibes the game has been giving me so far. But instead all we can do this event is kill bosses all the time and see how people or ourselves get angry and frustrated.

On the bright side, it feels great when the community shows its best face cooperating for a full caliph group run, or when some really dedicated and caring people tirelessly keep timers for boss spawns - we love you! But somewehow feels a bit bad that all these efforts are directed at mitigating what could be the lack of certain features we'd all like to have in-game, or working a way around enjoying or maximizing profit from the content we have been given.

Sorry for the ranty post and not providing any actual valid alternative, but just wanted to let my thoughts on this go out. I will keep grinding at the pace my RL allows me to just like I'd have done with any of those *other* games I've run away from (because I want that lovely carpet so much!). Hope this event ends soon so I can get back to playing the game I am excited to explore and started to love.

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Murmandagon

Adventurer
Platform
Android
No virtual rewards are worth real feelings of anger and frustration, thats why i left this zone day one after few hours of playing, and never came back. Its not worth it. Its griefers fest, triumph of ignorance towards others. Im also new-ish player, ive also had high hopes for this event, expected same experience as during midsummer, i wasnt prepared for this. Oasis map force ignorant behaviour on players without any form of retaliation. Comparing to twilight vale, this is big fail and disapointed, im sorry to say that.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
EZ fix for the Caliphs is for their respawn times to be decreased to those of regular bounties, sense they can be soloed. The Other option is to make them so they can't be soloed like the Pharaohs.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
The nice thing about this event is it’s actually pretty easy to get something. It’s been active for a weeekish and there are bugs that need to be addressed but as long as you get your kills in a day and do your daily’s I’m pretty sure you’ll see a mount by the end of the event and if your super dedicated you can get an outfit too. With all events give it a few days and normally you’ll see the solo kills lessen. It’s frustrating when you’ve waited to kill something then can’t get a hit in but they spawn every 30 mins? So just wait the 30 and you should get it the next time. The only thing I see being a big issue is OkY and his runes. But that’s just me.

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android
Agreed maybe give them half the health of the pharaohs or even a quarter of the health
There health should be increased in such a manner so that even the L95 players need to invest time to kill those. Not just 2 shot it.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
There health should be increased in such a manner so that even the L95 players need to invest time to kill those. Not just 2 shot it.
Lol a 95 couldn’t two shot one if it had half the health of a pharaoh. Not even our serious OP players could do that. Which is why I agreed with lord. It would be enough so everyone who was present could get a hit in even a few hits. Also I believe the devs said they would increase there health. Whenever they can fix the issues the event is having.

Reactions: Argus
  • Likex1

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
The nice thing about this event is it’s actually pretty easy to get something. It’s been active for a weeekish and there are bugs that need to be addressed but as long as you get your kills in a day and do your daily’s I’m pretty sure you’ll see a mount by the end of the event and if your super dedicated you can get an outfit too. With all events give it a few days and normally you’ll see the solo kills lessen. It’s frustrating when you’ve waited to kill something then can’t get a hit in but they spawn every 30 mins? So just wait the 30 and you should get it the next time. The only thing I see being a big issue is OkY and his runes. But that’s just me.
It's easy to wait around 30 mins for everything if you don't work or have a reality life. Just about anytime you are in the zone you will hear people say something about it is their lunch break or they have to pick up the kids, cook supper. If you have to wait for each bounty to spawn you have spent more than 30 mins. The caliphs spawn every 30 mins. If you miss the spawn, add another 30 mins for each. I am not sure about the pharaoh times but in the past it seems Okillus only spawned every couple of hours. If you miss him add another 2 hours. It doesn't take long before you have wasted 4 hours. Not many have an extra 4 hours to throw around.