Carly

Wizard
Characters
Janye
Platform
iOS, PC
One idea could be a calendar type of thing wich you open at every elder lvl and get item or shop discount or crown discount or dubloons. And every 7 lvls you get piece for legendary gear and every 4x7(28)lvls you can then make that item.
The problem with this is rng. I held on to the calendar weapon pieces for 95 levels to get a horrible staff with stats I don’t use in my build. Having to wait 28 elder levels to have rng punch you in the face at the end would not feel rewarding

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
How about adding some new more powerful hybrid Spells For all Classes every 25 to 50 Elder levels such as combining Poison shot with Splinter shot for Hunters Power would use both Nature & Marksman masteries to determine damage (Massive AOE Poison attack)

Jeylana

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jeylana, Lanajey
Platform
PC
One possibility would be to significantly increase what already exists. so + Max mana, amor etc.
I could also imagine red doubloons, as a result of which it would be possible to buy various potions in the Darrig zone more often or at all.
Or a completely different idea to add unique recipes for equipment, which ones? no idea ^^
Bracers, jewelry, chains, rings for everything that we cannot normally craft. so that there is also the possibility to get reasonable statistics and possibly with rune which we can only craft :)
That would of course presuppose that rings and something like that would have to get more slots for various runes.
if I keep on thinking this, we could also earn these slots with the oldest levels .....
I hope I wrote it in a somewhat understandable way, me and my google translator ^^
Armschienen, Schmuck, Kette, ringe für all das was wir normal nicht herstellen können. damit auch dort die möglichkeit besteht, mal vernüftige statistiken zu bekommen und evtl mit rune die wir ja nur herstellen können :)
Das würde natürlich vorraussetzen das ringe und sowas auch mehr slots für diverse runen bekommen müssten.
wenn ich das nun weiterspinne in gedanken, könnten wir uns auch diese slots mit den ältensten levlen verdienen.....

Reactions: XMerlindaX
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I have one simple request regarding the replacement for the crowns: Please don't make the rewards be only combat related! With the crowns, you weren't limited in which kinds of items you could spend them on. I wouldn't be interested in having crowns be replaced by increased stats or feats -- Not just because of this, but also for balancing purposes. The replacement rewards from earning elder levels shouldn't further increase the imbalance between players. This is why I would be more in favor of either cosmetic rewards themselves OR of some kind of currency which would allow for a choice of rewards (preferably the latter.)

I'm all about being given a variety of rewards to choose from, instead of just being given the rewards. We already have the basic rewards from elder levels -- the boosts to villager and hero XP and the tiny boosts to basic stats. We don't need to add to those, since they already exist. The crowns were really about being able to choose those little additional bonus rewards, so to me, it would be logical if their replacement followed the same basic principle. :)

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
Alot of commands are about the red doubloons, why not make it more simple by rewarding a red key of darrig?
This way the elderlev is also a bit a camble what you wil get

Reactions: Red Wizard
  • Likex1

Math Fish

Squirrel
Characters
Math Fish (M Hunter), Shama Fisha (W Shaman), Accursed Angelfish (S Priest)
Platform
Steam
Here's something I haven't seen yet. Since the devs (and a chunk of the community) swear by a 10:1 ratio for gold to crowns, how about we replace every crown with 10 gold? just throwing it out there ... *hides from the tomatoes about to be thrown about me* lol

Reactions: Ildranach
  • Hahax1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Here's something I haven't seen yet. Since the devs (and a chunk of the community) swear by a 10:1 ratio for gold to crowns, how about we replace every crown with 10 gold? just throwing it out there ... *hides from the tomatoes about to be thrown about me* lol
I am not aware that the Devs have ever even suggested a ratio of gold to crowns, far less sworn by one.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
IMO, receiving an additional talent points every 20 / 30 / 40 levels would be good.
I like this idea the best so far, because all of the gear for max levels is locked into the Blight zones alone. I personally HATE that feature, but what are you gonna do? We have to play the game as designed, so ANYTHING that will help the maxed players actually feel maxed would be nice. I can take my toons into the 95 zones and even there (despite the blight runes) day after day I don't perceive any improvement to my toons. I can take them out of those 95 zones and basically I'm out there fighting with some equation of gear between levels 90-94 because the 95 gear is only good in the Blighted Isles and I had to forfeit rune spots for blighted runes.

So, we get to 95 and have to give up rune spots for special runes that only work in the 95 zones. We are expected to grind (oh what a grind it is) the 95 zones, for what? Features that only work in the 95 zones. There is no incentive at all to keep up the grind other than some specialty mounts/companions which is okay, but not really what I personally expected after achieving level 95 on my toons. I rebirthed Kavita so she's stuck in the dreaded 75-80's zones (ugh, that's another post) but Kat has one rebirth left and after the crowns were removed from elder levels I can't bring myself to grind in the 95 zones any longer. I wouldn't mind getting the mounts at some point but the grind is too much for me personally at this time, for various reasons I have elaborated on in this forum already.

I think doubloons might be a fun addition to Elder levels, but I don't see myself finding that as incentive to do this painful grind we have in the 95 zones. I can see how this is attractive, I'd love to be able to get more doubloons and enjoy some of the Cirque items I've drooled over for a long time, yet I am just not seeing that as enough incentive for that grind unless it ended up being enough doubloons to get the mounts/outfits I want then be able to freely buy the potions etc., that are so attractive yet nothing I would (at present) waste my doubloons on.

So, yes, I'd love extra talent points to top off some of those partially filled TP spots but this has a tremendous caveat since there are only so many talent point slots available and then you'd hit a wall. Imagine having 'extra' talent points you have nothing to apply them to? "Bad, bad, bad!" (to quote some of our NPC's) :)

I've tried to think of a workable, equitable solution to elder level rewards and always come into the loop I described above. Frankly, the reward has to be something people are willing to endure the grind for and what I am personally left with is finding nothing that really makes me want to run the Blights in a grindy fashion at all. The 'find-it' quests drive me insane, and I have this internal groan just thinking about going there to an endless sea of bounties and quests that trigger migraines and aggravation (hence burnout).

I don't know . . . maybe the best solution is to earn free rezzies, life/mana pots along with those elder levels? That wouldn't interfere with the base mechanics of the game yet, that too would take away from shop sales! It's a conundrum.

I'm basically only posting this in the hopes that as the devs read these posts it could trigger some ideas that they know are doable. I'm sorry I couldn't really think of anything to make elder levels worth it for me personally. But, I'm trying to stay engaged because I feel this is so important. I don't want end-game to be the end.

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
While most suggestions are about adding something, can I suggest to remove something here:ROFLMAO:?
After replacement is added in game, could we remove the stats bonus?They are not enough to make a difference anyway (for now at least), but might make new players think they can never catch up with long-time players.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
But why? those players worked to get them? So because newer players don’t have them yet key word yet. Players who Spent hours running zones and what not should just have their hard work taken away? If it’s so little why would it matter.? Each person playing can achieve them wether it takes them 2 months or 2 years.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
If it's so little then it can be taken away just as well. There's already a big enough performance gap between the playerbase. Why make it worse. I'm fairly certain a very minority of the playerbase farmed elder ranks for the stat boost. For me they keyword is simply that newer players can't catch up and might be discouraged. Even if it's little in stats (though between a lvl 0 and a lvl 100 elder rank there is quite a bit of stat difference).

I'm not a fan of talent points either. We got rebirth if you need more talent points. Also more talent points means less diversity in builds as eventually people can just get all talents they want. Making the choices of taking X over Y is more meaningful to me than taking both and not making any "hard" decisions. Plus the reason mentioned above, no need to make capped players even stronger.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
While most suggestions are about adding something, can I suggest to remove something here:ROFLMAO:?
After replacement is added in game, could we remove the stats bonus?They are not enough to make a difference anyway (for now at least), but might make new players think they can never catch up with long-time players.
Do that and you've removed THE very last thing I feel warrants running those zones (or leveling) at all!

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
So we all should be the same? There’s should be no difference in the way we build our chars? Because someone earns their little buffs after each elder soul lvl it should be taken away because players have to play catch up? The entire game is about progress if you take the only thing away that is progressing you when your lvling then what is the point?
im honestly not seeing that big of a gap as you all are saying. Not only that players who get “discouraged” because someone has played the game for years and has worked on there elder lvls Can start grinding their elder lvls. They are more then capable of earning them as well and getting the boost. Wether they Do it for the boost or not is not the Point. I check to see everytime I lvl. Not because I’m like yay more armor or whatever but for progress to know my lvling is for something more then just running these huge Zones or doing elders. Honestly if I would of walked into this game and reached lvl cap and there was nothing to earn after each lvl I wouldn’t have done it..And never once did I think wow someone if these players must have a ton of elder lvls and buffs how unfair!!! You really think that getting cosmetic item and nothing more is going to give these players the incentive to keep progressing? Wether its small or not it’s a boost. I know players with 60+ elder soul and they are not as powerful with someone with less.maybe someone at lvl one. Sure. Maybe even elder soul 20 But this gap you speak of does not happen Until way farther down the line. When it comes to these buffs. So then they can put a cap on it. But why insist to keep removing things from the game? Especially at lvl cap.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
At this point I think we should agree to disagree. We view the whole topic differently. Nonetheless I'll explain my view in a bit better detail, reacting to your questions/remarks.

So we all should be the same? There’s should be no difference in the way we build our chars?
Talents, feats, stats on our gear already sets us apart. Not to mention cosmetics. I think these are already enough. I don't see how removing a few minor stat boost makes us all the same (if it does, then elder ranks did not really set us apart anyway and there is a much bigger issue out there).

Because someone earns their little buffs after each elder soul lvl it should be taken away because players have to play catch up? The entire game is about progress if you take the only thing away that is progressing you when your lvling then what is the point?
It makes the playing field more even (by a tiny bit in most cases, but still). As a long time player you already had more time to acquire better gear, feats, more advantage is not necessary. Not to mention the mastery of your class/game. I understand how you see this as progress, but if having more stats is that important there are other ways at end game to do so. Farm/craft gear with max stats/runes. It should yield around the same upgrades if not more as elder ranks. For me having + 500 armor is not progress, at least not in any meaningful way. I can see acquiring new cosmetics, mounts etc as progress, it shows, unlike minor stat boosts.

im honestly not seeing that big of a gap as you all are saying.
It's mostly badly optimized builds, or players not playing well, but I do believe every little thing counts and adds to it. Maybe you are running with a small group of better players. I'm yet to see a bigger (10+) group where everyone pulled their weight and none was carried for one reason or another. But this is yet another topic.

Wether they Do it for the boost or not is not the Point. I check to see everytime I lvl. Not because I’m like yay more armor or whatever but for progress to know my lvling is for something more then just running these huge Zones or doing elders. Honestly if I would of walked into this game and reached lvl cap and there was nothing to earn after each lvl I wouldn’t have done it..And never once did I think wow someone if these players must have a ton of elder lvls and buffs how unfair!!!
It is the point why people grind elder ranks. This is what this discussion is about. If they take away the motivating power behind it people might just leave the game, cause grinding XP is pointless now. For you it can be the stat boosts, but that is definitely not true for everyone else. The reason we have this discussion is because the main driving force behind it, the crowns were removed, and now people want something else equally motivating instead of it. You can think of the stat boost as fair, but not everyone has to think the same way.

You really think that getting cosmetic item and nothing more is going to give these players the incentive to keep progressing?
I actually did not state anything like this in my previous reply. I personally think a new currency that can offer a great variety of rewards just like crowns did could be motivating enough yes. Wether it's cosmetics (just think of event zones, people grind them for cosmetics), crafting helpers, elder quests, etc, it remains to be seen. But for me, yes that would be a good driving force, maybe even more so than crowns.

I know players with 60+ elder soul and they are not as powerful with someone with less.maybe someone at lvl one. Sure. Maybe even elder soul 20 But this gap you speak of does not happen Until way farther down the line. When it comes to these buffs. So then they can put a cap on it. But why insist to keep removing things from the game? Especially at lvl cap.
Yes, simply some players run unoptimal builds, well I talked about this earlier. They could cap it sure. ESO has a really good system to this, that helps newer players to catch up to older players. But then the question rises if they cap it, the gained XP will be lost? Or reserved for next cap raise? If it is kept then maybe they have so much, that after cap raise they still have no reason to start grinding again. Even if it would get removed we still get something else in its place, it's not like they remove activity for endgame players and that's it.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
At this point I think we should agree to disagree. We view the whole topic differently. Nonetheless I'll explain my view in a bit better detail, reacting to your questions/remarks.

Talents, feats, stats on our gear already sets us apart. Not to mention cosmetics. I think these are already enough. I don't see how removing a few minor stat boost makes us all the same (if it does, then elder ranks did not really set us apart anyway and there is a much bigger issue out there).

It makes the playing field more even (by a tiny bit in most cases, but still). As a long time player you already had more time to acquire better gear, feats, more advantage is not necessary. Not to mention the mastery of your class/game. I understand how you see this as progress, but if having more stats is that important there are other was at end game to do so. Farm/craft gear with max stats/runes. It should yield arounf the same upgrades if not more as elder ranks. For me having + 500 armor is not progress, at least not in any meaningful way. I can see acquiring new cosmetics, mounts etc as progress, it shows, unlike minor stat boosts.

It's mostly badly optimized builds, or players not playing well, but I do believe every little thing counts and adds to it. Maybe you are running with a small group of better players. I'm yet to see a bigger (10+) group where everyone pulled their weight and none was carried for one reason or another. But this is yet another topic.

It is the point why people grind elder ranks. This is what this discussion is about. If they take away the motivating power behind it people might just leave the game, cause grinding XP is pointless now. For you it can be the stat boosts, but that is definitely not true for everyone else. The reason we have this discussion is because the main driving force behind it, the crowns were removed, and now people want something else equally motivating instead of it. You can think of the stat boost as fair, but not everyone has to think the same way.

I actually did not state anything like this in my previous reply. I personally think a new currency that can offer a great variety of rewards just like crowns did could be motivating enough yes. Wether it's cosmetics (just think of event zones, people grind them for cosmetics), crafting helpers, elder quests, etc, it remains to be seen. But for me, yes that would be a good driving force, maybe even more so than crowns.

Yes, simply some players run unoptimal builds, well I talked about this earlier. They could cap it sure. ESO has a really good system to this, that helps newer players to catch up to older players. But then the question rises if they cap it, the gained XP will be lost? Or reserved for next cap raise? If it is kept then maybe they have so much, that after cap raise they still have no reason to start grinding again. Even if it would get removed we still get something else in its place, it's not like they remove activity for endgame players and that's it.
Thank you for explaining your point of view and helping me understand where you are coming from. But I do not think cosmetic should be the only thang. No not everyone I run with has extremely great builds or they are simply trying to get the recourses to progress their build. I for one progress my build when I can. And try new ways to build her when I’m not satisfied. the players I was speaking about one of them having 60+ elder soul another in the 40s have both great builds. And are heavy dmg dealers. And the one with less is still stronger then the other. I I agree we will disagree on this. Cosmetic is nice and I don’t mind grinding events and what not for them. Obtaining darring chests for that outfit I like or mount I want. But to just take it all and here’s a few coins for your progression in elder soul lvls I don’t think will satisfy some.. Just like those small boost might not mean anything to some. But again it’s another reason for players to stick around To wait for another lvl cap. I think the balance issue goes much deeper then simply some extra buff each elder lvl. If you then let’s say changed the gear system how much bigger if a gap would their be? Armor specs and weapon specs would be the only useful spec so you could craft those special stats together. Think of the imbalance then. My point is some who are in agreement to take away these small buffs also want to be able to put the best stats on their gear which would then cause a bigger imbalance between players who have specs and don’t who understand their builds and don’t who understand the games difference to other games. Again we will just have to disagree. That’s fine. I understand your point of view. And appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. But unless there was some huge overhaul to the system these little things that they give us to continue playing end cap I don’t feel cause a huge shift for players and an imbalance.

Reactions: Joleen and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
This must be the most refreshing thing I read in the past three days. Thank you
😊 haha if someone is willing to explain something to me without demeaning my opinion or feelings. I am great full and will listen to what they have to say 100% And try my best to understand their point of view. We might not agree but I won’t downplay someone else’s point of view simply cause I don’t agree. And honestly I’m not some game savvy person who understand every aspect that goes into balance I can only say what I feel and see and my own experience with playing the game.