Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
PC
So i was doing a little tinkering, and it was surprisingly easy to get cheetah boots' appearance in my character's wardrobe. This is great news for any veteran players who may have been disappointed that the wardrobe system required newly generated gear. This may be a known method, but it was new to me. Hopefully it can help a few other people out too.
This was done on PC. I'm aware the gnog window looks a little different on mobile, so please be aware of that.

- First off, you'll need a matching piece of gear (boots, in my case) with any rune or feat. Personally, I crafted the level 4 warrior boots to quickly grab a hysteria rune.
- Leave both items unequipped for now, and open the gnogmentation window.
- Throw the appearance you want in there, along with your matching gear.
- Select the stats of the appearance you want. The appearance will be verified by the preview in the centre of the window.
- Throw the rune onto your gear, and gnogment! The game will treat this gear as newly generated, and allow you to save its appearance when equipped.

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Thank you so much! :D I was able to do this successfully on cheetah boots, bakers hat, yorick's gathering crown, and some other items. I wish that the "cheetah boot" appearance would return either to the item shop or to be offered as something to be earned in a red darrig chest. Those were one of the old school Villagers and Heroes design - which was one of my favorites from that time. Thanks to the designer of those boots! The chef's hat is also very adorable!

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
Does anyone know if this is still possible, because I'm having no luck with it all all.

Reactions: Wait
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Any of the older items that applied their appearance via gnomentation can be gnomented to create a new item that is added to the wardrobe once equipped. It’s been this way since the wardrobe was added; since some of those old items were already equipped, they don’t add appearances to the wardrobe unless they’re ‘new’.

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
Make sure once you do this gnogging process that you actually reequip the item after you gnogment it. You should also be gnogging this item with a current dropped item from the game not one that is also a husk.
The level of the item is not important as you are just equipping it for the wardrobe. Do make sure you are using an item at a level you can equip though. I personally have made sure I am using an item that actually has a rune in it that I can transfer over to make sure the item has “changed” to something new. I don’t know if this is necessary, it’s just what I do to make sure I have a “new” item to equip. Also make sure that the item you want to equip for look is the right item before you complete the process because the “other” item is always lost in the gnogging process.

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
Any of the older items that applied their appearance via gnomentation can be gnomented to create a new item that is added to the wardrobe once equipped. It’s been this way since the wardrobe was added; since some of those old items were already equipped, they don’t add appearances to the wardrobe unless they’re ‘new’.
So do you know if you need to have already possessed the cheetah boots to make these? I tried crafting several pair of like boots and have had no success in making these.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
So do you know if you need to have already possessed the cheetah boots to make these? I tried crafting several pair of like boots and have had no success in making these.
no you cant make cheetah boots, you can only do it when you have them already

Reactions: BLUEPAWS
  • Likex1

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Does anyone know if this is still possible, because I'm having no luck with it all all.
Yes, I just did it on two of my toons this past month or so ago on US1. I was on my laptop, not sure if it matters what kind of device you are on or not. Good luck!

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
Yes, I just did it on two of my toons this past month or so ago on US1. I was on my laptop, not sure if it matters what kind of device you are on or not. Good luck!
Did you already own the cheetah boots though when you made them?

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
Yes, the only way to do this trick is if you already own the Cheetah Boots as a husk.
As Ekimie posted, you can't craft these boots.
I believed Ekimie, but is it possible for a player who owns them to, make for a player who does not?

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I believed Ekimie, but is it possible for a player who owns them to, make for a player who does not?
no you cant. because the only way to put the look (which will be account- or soulbound) on a new item is through gnogmenting. and gnogmenting instantly soulbinds the item.

Chris30s

Reader
Platform
PC
Sorry, didn't mean to imply you didn't.
I meant to say that nobody can craft them. They were never a craftable item.

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Cheetah boots were a shop item that was sold a very long time ago. They were never crafted. Those who lived thru Starfall had all their gear turned into husks when that changed how gear worked.

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me, I truly appreciate it.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Cheetah boots were a shop item that was sold a very long time ago. They were never crafted. Those who lived thru Starfall had all their gear turned into husks when that changed how gear worked.
I think they were also a quest reward somewhere? The oak valley jump quest maybe?

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Characters
Spotsthecheetah
Platform
Android
I think they were also a quest reward somewhere? The oak valley jump quest maybe?
Is that a quest that was removed, because I don't remember any jump quest in Oak Valley?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There used to be "hasty boots" which whilst not the same as the cheetah boots (especially in terms of appearance) did give a 20% speed boost. The quest to earn those boots was, however, removed a long time ago, before I started playing. The boots themselves did remain for a while longer, indeed one of my chars did actually get given a pair by an npc in Mounds after first visiting Trader's Path.

So far as I am aware though, the only way to obtain the actual cheetah boots was from the item shop (i.e. the crown shop).

Reactions: Zaphyra and BLUEPAWS
  • Likex2