• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

Lady Thacyk

Black Thrush Agent
Platform
PC
Okay so, here's the thing..
Dungeon first came out; AWESOME! Great for group running, fun for ALL levels. Yay!
Dungeon after its first "fix"; harder than hell, no one wants to even attempt to try and run it. only really able to with certain level players (all around same level aka level 90s)
Latest Fix: Josefine who has been complained about before, she is still difficult to kill, Corpus the Gravelord was regenerating health faster than usual... we werent even sure if we were killing him at certain points, and Highlord who was IMPOSSIBLE- his fire was everywhere and would not go away like it would before, it was literally all over the floor. The people using resurrects were literally resurrecting into flames, and there were some really bad hits.
Today we had a group try to run the Heroic Halls of Salvation, two zingara - even better, you can kill these guys nicely *claps* well done.
It is to the point that people don't even want to run the dungeons anymore, what happened to them?

The dungeons were meant for groups to be able to come together, groups of ANY level, now you are creating a hierarchy of levels, due to only level 90s+ being able to really do ANYTHING in the dungeons. I do not believe this helps the community in anyway, shape or form. It is causing separation and also lack of effort from people due to the fact that lower levels want to run it, but others do not even want to try because of their experiences in the dungeon (with mains, etc).
First and foremost there was no issues with the dungeon when it first came out, there were people who were having fun and enjoying it.
Now people get frustrated, annoyed and quite honestly just give up. This takes away from the fun we can have as a community, guilds and with friends. I do not agree with the changes that have been made, and the constant tampering with the dungeons; It. Is. Not.Getting. Better.
I am rather disappointed with the fact that things are supposed to be changed, and fixed... but in reality things are worse...
I know this is not something that has been ignored, nor is this the first complaint... but it is screwed right up somehow... and I do not know what it is that is wrong, but i am tired of trying to convince people to even attempt to try a dungeon run, because all people say is no. Mainly because they have tried after a patch to "fix" issues, and it hasn't changed anything.
Please for the love of Mallok, find a way to fix the dungeons, I really enjoyed them when they first were released... now they are just a headache..

Wrothna

Huntress
Characters
Wrothna
Platform
Android
So I have to say I used to LOVE running the dungeons about a year ago or so when I first left v&h. When I came back about a month ago people treated it like the plague. (Also heard rumors about fellows not being able to get help on elder runs due to "port costs being too high", we'll get to that) they said it's impossible.

Now I'm a nature hunter, but as long as I could get a tank and healer I could lead a run in HHoS a year ago at lvl 90. Now? I'm lvl75 and I don't touch the dungeons unless I'm with a certain healer (looking at you Sprig!) It's too gnarly. I FEEL as though my lvl 75 self cannot contribute to the run and is rather a burden. I cringe when I pop in and see lvl50s-79 and pretty much just say a prayer for anyone under. It's definitely NOT helping the community come together but rather making the higher lvls kind of "ignore" and try to brush off the lower lvl who try to tag on because they just make the run harder without being able to do dps or heal well enough.

When I left US2 a year ago it was the BEST community. If anyone called out for help with an elder you'd have like 10ppl race to help you. Now you'll get a few but after the rumors, I feel obligated to pay port fees for people (Because it HAS gotten pricey!) Could it be that the segregation that is happening in the dungeons is trickling out of there like a poison and seeping into higher lvl players being "bothered" by requests to help with elders runs?

Once that kind of attitude starts it will be a hard one to head off.

I have no solutions to offer, only my experiences and testimony.

Reactions: Kasdeya and LadyThacyk
  • Likex2

Katniss Everdeen

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Ran the first Dungeon yesterday. Used 10 full manas and uncountable mana buffs before I dc'd. Didn't even make it to the end guy. When I came back on, everyone had been killed. Had around 8 level 90+ players. Wont be back.

TheRam

Adventurer
Platform
PC
After the last update, I'm done with the dungeon, also. They had finally gotten it balanced, where it was challenging but doable. Now, its not worth the effort, it costs way too much in buffs just to try to survive to the end, rewards are definitely worth less than it costs to complete it.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
If I did not know better I would think someone was trying to purchase V&H at a extremely low price by ruining it as much as possible before making an offer while Otters are desperate. Wonder who might do that?

Reactions: TheRam and Zazie
  • Wowx1
  • Likex1

LadyThacyk

BRA Member
Characters
Lady Thacyk
Platform
PC
If I did not know better I would think someone was trying to purchase V&H at a extremely low price by ruining it as much as possible before making an offer while Otters are desperate. Wonder who might do that?
If someone takes over for the Otters, how many people do you think will quit within the first couple weeks?

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator

But seriously ... could we please stop with the conspiracy theories? Regardless how crazy/farfetched they are, somebody might believe it in the end.

Kasdeya

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
Last edited
So I have to say I used to LOVE running the dungeons about a year ago or so when I first left v&h. When I came back about a month ago people treated it like the plague. (Also heard rumors about fellows not being able to get help on elder runs due to "port costs being too high", we'll get to that) they said it's impossible.

Now I'm a nature hunter, but as long as I could get a tank and healer I could lead a run in HHoS a year ago at lvl 90. Now? I'm lvl75 and I don't touch the dungeons unless I'm with a certain healer (looking at you Sprig!) It's too gnarly. I FEEL as though my lvl 75 self cannot contribute to the run and is rather a burden. I cringe when I pop in and see lvl50s-79 and pretty much just say a prayer for anyone under. It's definitely NOT helping the community come together but rather making the higher lvls kind of "ignore" and try to brush off the lower lvl who try to tag on because they just make the run harder without being able to do dps or heal well enough.

When I left US2 a year ago it was the BEST community. If anyone called out for help with an elder you'd have like 10ppl race to help you. Now you'll get a few but after the rumors, I feel obligated to pay port fees for people (Because it HAS gotten pricey!) Could it be that the segregation that is happening in the dungeons is trickling out of there like a poison and seeping into higher lvl players being "bothered" by requests to help with elders runs?

Once that kind of attitude starts it will be a hard one to head off.

I have no solutions to offer, only my experiences and testimony.
I started playing V&H halfway around the time Midsummer's/Equinox. It was fun, I wanted a silly toy from the EZ shop and some folks helped me with the Vale ladder and bunch of other quests just to get it. That was my cue to stay, I liked the community.

Fast forward - was running main quest and doing a bit of exploring.. got teleported by accident to the HoS map (wasn't reading what the NPC was saying and just skipping) and that time, couple of folks were running dungeon. One told me to grab the telepad and join them, which I gladly did (although I knew I wasn't gonna be much help but it was an invitation anyway.) I tried to keep up - all in vain. There were 2 others that were low level (30-ish) and the rest were above 80. 3 of us got stuck between two groups of mobs in a hallway while the rest continued on, and someone said he didn't like us "tagging along." I apologized in chat for not being able to keep up, bid goodbye to the other two toons with me who were complaining in Local that nobody wanted to party up with us, and I left the area. I haven't set foot there ever since.

As for the Elder runs.. this is why I rarely ask for help. Not only I have been ignored before (people chatting away in World/Guild chat) but it's also due to the fact teleportation costs are high - I always have to stop by somewhere with nodes after some quests/combat just to compensate. I tried my best to understand how gear crafting/gnogging works just so I can find equipment that could work for soloing.

I'm very grateful when someone is willing to go through all the trouble just to help out, and I try to send thank you mail afterwards.. but I gotta admit, what I experienced back in that dungeon run left me a bad impression..

I know there are still handful of people who help because they like helping out and not for personal gain, which is great - I just hope it won't come to the point where theres this permanent invisible barrier between players :)

LadyThacyk

BRA Member
Characters
Lady Thacyk
Platform
PC
I started playing V&H halfway around the time Midsummer's/Equinox. It was fun, I wanted a silly toy from the EZ shop and some folks helped me with the Vale ladder and bunch of other quests just to get it. That was my cue to stay, I liked the community.

Fast forward - was running main quest and doing a bit of exploring.. got teleported by accident to the HoS map (wasn't reading what the NPC was saying and just skipping) and that time, couple of folks were running dungeon. One told me to grab the telepad and join them, which I gladly did (although I knew I wasn't gonna be much help but it was an invitation anyway.) I tried to keep up - all in vain. There were 2 others that were low level (30-ish) and the rest were above 80. 3 of us got stuck between two groups of mobs in a hallway while the rest continued on, and someone said he didn't like us "tagging along." I apologized in chat for not being able to keep up, bid goodbye to the other two toons with me who were complaining in Local that nobody wanted to party up with us, and I left the area. I haven't set foot there ever since.

As for the Elder runs.. this is why I rarely ask for help. Not only I have been ignored before (people chatting away in World/Guild chat) but it's also due to the fact teleportation costs are high - I always have to stop by somewhere with nodes after some quests/combat just to compensate. I tried my best to understand how gear crafting/gnogging works just so I can find equipment that could work for soloing.

I'm very grateful when someone is willing to go through all the trouble just to help out, and I try to send thank you mail afterwards.. but I gotta admit, what I experienced back in that dungeon run left me a bad impression..

I know there are still handful of people who help because they like helping out and not for personal gain, which is great - I just hope it won't come to the point where theres this permanent invisible barrier between players :)
On behalf of higher level players (lvl 91 warrior here), I am sorry you had to go through that. I always do my best to help with elders and always have welcomed people to come along during dungeon runs. No matter the outcome.
I feel bad that your experience has left you with a bad taste in your mouth. If you played on US2 I can ensure you would have many people jumping at the opportunity to help you out, without expecting anything in return.

I really hope things get better for you in this sense.

Reactions: Greer
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC

Sorry that that happened to you and the 2 other lower level players. The fault of the dungeon insident was the Higher level plates not helping you lower level ones. Higher level players have a responsibility to help lower level player in the Dungeon Zones, one to be a guide and explain how the dungeons work. Two to help keep other players alive, Three waiting on all players to finish the fight and not go a head and Agrro another mod / Mobs. Keeping a good pace and allowing others to heal and regain mana is very important to Keeping all the group alive. Rushing to try to get gold gets more players killed than slowing down abit and keeping everyone alive for the Final Boss is more important, for a group than just 1 player getting a gold run

Reactions: Katniss Everdeen
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Ran RC today and it was quite fun. I believe Maggwood should be tweaked a bit because his fight drags on a lot without spamming potions.

We did HoS after and... not pretty. Ran it with a seasoned team of level 90+ players. At the end everyone was dead except for me as I jumped around the room like a madman trying to take Meghrin down the last 2%. It cost over 15 full health potions to earn bronze.

HoS needs to be revamped quite a bit.
1. Corupus Gravelord needs her healing perk removed.
2. Josefine's fight should be redone to be a more mechanic based.
3. The fire lord needs his health cut by around 20% and the fire needs to last longer before changing. By the time I ran to an open spot, the pattern changed!
4. One of the Zings needs to be removed and the objectives should be trimmed down to account for that. Having 1 luck based Zing I can deal with, but not 2.

I really miss running the Dungeons with random players and teams. I hope the overhaul comes sooner rather than later

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
When the changes were first posted I knew it was the death of the dungeon. I was right. The zone is as dead as Black Fury Gorge.

I still don't understand why it was changed other than to appease the few capped players that felt it should be a challenge to them.

Reactions: Airy
  • Likex1
Platform
PC
When the changes were first posted I knew it was the death of the dungeon. I was right. The zone is as dead as Black Fury Gorge.

I still don't understand why it was changed other than to appease the few capped players that felt it should be a challenge to them.
Dungeon is not as dead as BFG...I still see people running it...but, I do not see it called out in world chat as much. Mainly because they are better done with a smaller group.

I also don't believe that they were changed to 'appease a few capped players'. I believe they were changed due to the vision the developer had for the dungeons. It was stated in livestream that he felt they should be difficult, and that gold, while possible, should NOT be the 'norm'. Some feel that dungeons are 'not worth it'. And that' ok. For those who DO enjoy them, they'll continue to run them. If devs find that dungeons are not being used, I'm sure they'll revisit it.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Dungeon is not as dead as BFG...I still see people running it...but, I do not see it called out in world chat as much. Mainly because they are better done with a smaller group.

I also don't believe that they were changed to 'appease a few capped players'. I believe they were changed due to the vision the developer had for the dungeons. It was stated in livestream that he felt they should be difficult, and that gold, while possible, should NOT be the 'norm'. Some feel that dungeons are 'not worth it'. And that' ok. For those who DO enjoy them, they'll continue to run them. If devs find that dungeons are not being used, I'm sure they'll revisit it.

I just assumed since the difficulty was changed and the rewards remained the same the changes were made to accommodate hardcore higher level players since it was already challenging for most lower level players.

I understood from the livestream prior to the dungeon going live Lv 10 elders would be the only elders that could be soloed, the EZ were for casual play and the dungeons were for group play and would be challenging. The quest to open the dungeons is below Lv 30. That seems to indicate that level should be able to run and survive in a party with any level with gold finishes possible but not the norm.

When the goal is challenging people will strive but when it is frustrating they won't even try. As it is now only the higher level players run, it is more frustrating than challenging, cannot be completed with a larger group of players and finishing with gold, silver or bronze is not the norm.

We are thinking outside the box on US3 hosting serverwide dungeon runs. We are running "survivor" runs which are becoming very popular. The goal isn't to finish, it is to survive. During the run you may be ask to remove gear or all the mobs in an areas are pulled into the battle but what ever we do everyone knows surviving as long as you can is the goal. It doesn't seem to matter if they finish, get the xp or the reward. They are getting to have fun running in a party with players of all levels.

If devos find the dungeons are serving the original design there is no reason to change them. I just misunderstood the purpose.

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Newp. It’s broken. They know it. Diet just kinda ran out of clock. I expect the new lead will need a lil time to get his feet under him (and honestly, two weeks is hardly enough) and then we’ll see some movement.

Platform
PC
Apparently those on US3 have very different experiences than what I've seen on US2. We get all levels doing dungeons...and I see groups form 2-3 times a week. Sometimes we make it through, sometimes we don't. <Usually depends on whether we have a tank.>

Will be interesting what happens with all the game, with a change in developers... I'm excited to see what he has in store for us :D

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
We were having runs daily before these updates to the Dungy. With all lvls running along with server runs. Those same people are now either a. Not running them at all or b. Getting there weekly done. And they might run once or twice more. But normally no. And that’s usually due to someone’s weekly being active. So those who did in fact enjoy them (which was a large portion of us3) no longer do. We want to run them we want to team up and have FUN. That’s the issue. That’s why people are complaining that’s why this is still a topic of discussion. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping they come up with something that will please everyone the devs and the players.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
It was always pretty boring to me anyway, never ever came close to an old EQ raid or running a dungeon in Asheron's call for example.. But you know to each his own.. I have no problem ignoring it all together. Only reason I run it is because others want to do 'dungeon' So I was trying to help.. Anyway.. it's that word dungeon that sells it I think.. even the chance of people having an interest, then some of us who have played other RPGs realize there is no random loot, you walk at a snails pace and kill stuff that drops nothing... And you die only to have to spend real money on resurrects.. what has the world come to.. You just say "here.. buy this", and people they just buy it... all because they stamped the word dungeon on it.
Anyway that's my two cents and i'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Caraldor Loxana Luther
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
never ever came close to an old EQ raid or running a dungeon in Asheron's call for example.
Oh, I played Asheron's Call. That was my first MMORPG. I was a Battlemage that loved taking out Tuskers in the Direlands!